[#1]
Trayvax master race.

The older it gets the better it looks.

And I always have a bottle opener. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought a 20 dollar knock off. Can't imagine paying for the Ridge name considering what you get is the exact same thing for .15 the price.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My 10 dollar ridge wallet copy seems to be holding up.
Good luck with the warranty claim.
I bought a 20 dollar knock off. Can't imagine paying for the Ridge name considering what you get is the exact same thing for .15 the price.

+1. Love my knock off. 3 people I know bought the same thing soon after I got mine.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:40:46 PM EDT
[#3]
By the way those Ridge wallets were just Alibaba wallets, there’s a bunch of articles out there where he describes how he tried out several, picked his favorite, branded it and started selling them on Amazon.

So you guys aren’t really buying knockoffs… they’re literally the same.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:44:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Remember when the Saddleback front ID was the arfcom hotness?

Attachment Attached File

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:46:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Ghey and lame.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:49:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Had one but hated the no separation approach. Got a Dango and love it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:49:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Still only about 3 - 4 buck for a dozen.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:50:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't like them. Getting cards out is a pita. I also carry my wallet in my front pocket, usually with my phone. I found the metal clips on the wallets scratch the shit out of my phone or key fobs.

I found a slim leather style that holds 3 cards on one side with the radio blocking, drivers license with clear panel on the other and a cash slim slot in the center. Might be a 1/4" thick at most when fully loaded, works perfect.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:57:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I don’t know how anybody keeps a wallet in their front pocket.

I wish wallet chains were cool again.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:11:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wife got me one for Xmas to replace my Magpul…I miss my Magpul
View Quote

Same. I always end up coming back to a Magpul wallet.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:30:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I just ordered a clone. Should arrive today.
Thanks for helping me spend my money!
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Didn't think I'd like one until my wife got me this one almost two years ago. Now I'm a fan. The band is getting a little frayed but it seems fine.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:42:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wife got me one for Xmas to replace my Magpul…I miss my Magpul

Magpul bifold is almost perfect
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:43:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Have a Ridge and a Trayvax - you know the reason. When in doubt get both. Tried the Ridge for a few days, have been using the Trayvax for a few years since then.

With the Ridge, you have elastic to secure your cards. It is always a bit of a fight. You can use too few cards and it would be easier (and they could fall out), you could use more and fight more till the elastic stretches and you would have issues going back. With the Trayvax you adjust the cord. It has a large window to slide out cards, so it is never difficult. If you change the number of cards, you adjust the cord and it still has the same tension - the tension you decide on. On and it clips shut with that cord for security - again with the tension you decide on.

On real issue is mine has a metal money clip. It will hold up to 10 bills comfortably. 15 stuffed. So if you use an ATM - you are limited to $300 (and again $200 comfortably). If want more in it, you have to carry $50's or $100's - which you don't get out of ATM's. That and you get very conscious about carrying anything less than a $20. $1's eat space quickly.

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Hmm.  I like that much better than the elastic cord design type.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:47:40 PM EDT
[#16]
My son got me one for Christmas. I like it so far.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:53:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don't know how anybody keeps a wallet in their front pocket.

I wish wallet chains were cool again.
View Quote
Be the change, bro!
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:53:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I use a SECRID wallet; I got a Ridge wallet for Christmas. Didn't feel the need to switch after playing with the Ridge.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/306295/secrid_PNG-3185845.png
View Quote

yup, big fan of mine.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:54:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:51:50 PM EDT
[#20]
I was super skeptical for a long time.   I was taking a trip to Europe and didn’t want my old leather wallet in my back pocket due to pick pockets.   I bought the Ridge wallet thinking I’d just use it for the trip and see how it goes.    I’ve never gone back and would buy another when this one wears out.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:59:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Had mine about 10yrs.

It's all smashed up and missing a screw or two.

The warranty was a hassle.  I simply asked them about sending me some screws.

They wanted information I didn't have because it was a Christmas gift years ago.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:06:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I want to get a more durable wallet to keep my ID and carry permit from getting hazed over. I have looked at the Ridge and similar brands, but I don't like the money clip, and I usually have a few singles or twos on me.

Are there any durable folding wallets out there?
View Quote

On the knockoff ones I have for myself and the kids, I unscrewed the cover, removed the money clip, and just fold bills in half and put them in between the cards for a slimmer package.  Works fine for about 10-15 bills.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:10:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Correct, which is why I'm trying to get away from carrying a wallet at all.The only thing I really *need* to carry is my DL.
My phone can do everything else from act as my AAA card to pay for groceries.
View Quote
I'm either old-fashioned or an old fart (perhaps both? ), because I would never be comfortable putting all my eggs in one basket like that.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:30:39 AM EDT
[#24]
I bought a $10 knock off from Amazon back in 2019 to see if I would like the "Ridge" type of wallet. It was an exact copy of their carbon fiber model. The damn thing is still going strong with no signs of wear. No way their wallets are worth what they charge for them.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:32:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My 10 dollar ridge wallet copy seems to be holding up.
Good luck with the warranty claim.
View Quote

Same.
Been carrying it for 5 years.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:00:53 AM EDT
[#26]
If you carry it in your back pocket and like holes in your pocket, go for it.
I hated mine
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:05:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:31:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If you carry it in your back pocket and like holes in your pocket, go for it.
I hated mine
View Quote
A Ridge(d) wallet makes no sense. I don't get it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#29]

CO worker gave me the basic Travax that the sent him with his top of the line version. It is awesome and my back feels so much better. I will definitely get another if this one somehow fails.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I've used mine daily since 2019 and only had to replace the elastic cash band once when it was getting stretched out.  

I have no idea how the OP managed to trash his in such a short time.
View Quote

This. I've had mine possibly even longer - can't recall when I bought it, it was that long ago. Before COVID. I added the AirTag holder to mine last year and it came with new elastic, so I replaced that at the same time even though the old one was fine. No marks other than dirt scuffs on mine, and it's white, so anything would show. I love front pocket carry, far more secure. The body does effectively block signals too. If my car keys are behind it in my pocket, my keyless touch the door to unlock feature won't work on my cars.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:33:37 AM EDT
[#31]
I've been carrying my wallet in my front pocket for probably 20 years, the last ten or twelve has been with this

Mitchell leather

Best wallet I've ever had

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:21:45 AM EDT
[#32]
I love this wallet.

https://distilunion.com/products/wally-bifold-classic
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:26:48 AM EDT
[#33]
I’ve got one and prefer it over a regular style wallet. I just don’t really have a need to carry every card I have at the same time. 99% of the time I’m carrying a money clip with my ID and a credit card in between the folded cash.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:51:02 AM EDT
[#34]
I lead a cash based lifestyle so I still prefer a bifold leather wallet; if it's got the slideout ID holder even better.

I've been using Fossil brand for 30 years and am on my 2nd one.  I spend very little time seated so back pocket carry doesn't bother my back and I typically have $500 or so in various bills with me at all times.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:53:15 AM EDT
[#35]
This is my favorite wallet to date: Bellroy Flip

So thin and lightweight. Ridge does well because of their marketing efforts.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 12:05:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
By the way those Ridge wallets were just Alibaba wallets, there's a bunch of articles out there where he describes how he tried out several, picked his favorite, branded it and started selling them on Amazon.

So you guys aren't really buying knockoffs  they're literally the same.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#37]
I really want to carry a front pocket wallet but if I’m in a work uniform 87% of the time there’s a G27 and a Surefire flashlight in my right pocket and an iPhone in my left pocket. Wallet goes in right rear pocket. When out of uniform I carry a USPc 45 OWB and only ever have the flashlight in my right pocket.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:20:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Been using a $10 Amazon knock-off for a year and it has worked like a champ.
View Quote

which one?
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:29:30 PM EDT
[#39]
I've only had a ridge wallet for a year, but it still looks almost new.  Much better than my old back pocket leather wallet.

I returned a titanium ridge wallet since the little bit of added weight was noticeable to me.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#40]
I've had a Ridge wallet for three years. It's a bit beat up and needs a new elastic but it's still kicking. I won't go back to a traditional wallet.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:35:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Never had any issues with both of my ridge wallets . I've been using them for almost a decade. How the hell did you manage to get the screws loose to begin ? Years of use and still look new

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Does anyone know of a source for plastic sleeves or pouches that have the external dimensions of a credit card that can be used for keeping things inside these wallets?

All of my searches turn up pouches for holding credit cards.  I need ones the same size as a credit card.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#43]
due to this thread I now have a Ridge knockoff.

I like it. I now use the phone for CC purchases and I dont take the card out of the wallet.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:27:21 PM EDT
[#44]
I have had mine for about 5 years also. Been nothing but great to me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#45]
I’ve had this one about 4yrs.
It took about a week for card access to become second nature.
Tried the money clip but didn’t care for it.

Front pocket does complicate seated access in a vehicle.

Pretty handy overall

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:41:54 PM EDT
[#46]
The reason they make sense it 2 fold.  1) they will hold plenty of CC and license, and a decent amount of cash.  2) they should block RFID signals.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:08:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Been using a small Evan wallet from Ainste for probably about 15 years daily.  I've replaced the rubber band twice, but replacements are a dime a dozen.  The leather is near perfect condition still, the way its holding up its going to out live me.

I like how you can place things like reward cards, gym IDs etc with its bar code exposed so you just swipe your wallet rather than dig for things.  Another nice feature is the wallet is non skid due to the rubber band.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top