Gotta make it fun for everyone.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JuanPing:
$50 + $4.20.

LOL

View Quote
That's almost certainly what he did. He's done it before.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
View Quote

Grabs golden parachute and yells at employees "TIME TO MEET THE NEW BOSS !!!" and makes for the exit.

LOL
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:43:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By RSG:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:45:48 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Yeah that's just bonkers.

Everybody knows that the appropriate unlimited resource for mischief-funding is taxpayer dollars.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:46:03 AM EDT
[#7]
If the buy goes through I will reopen my, long ago, closed account.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:47:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah i never had a twitter, but I hopefully will soon.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:47:49 AM EDT
[#9]
All Bluechecks

View Quote

What a bunch of slack jaw pussys. Holy fucking hell
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:49:55 AM EDT
[#10]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/398889/Image-742153-2348574.jpg

Note the part where Musk says he may reconsider his position as shareholder if they reject his bid. Is this his escape route from this entire charade to save face?
View Quote

lol.  "its not a threat"
its totally a threat.  elon selling his shares will crash the price.
lol
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:50:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By midmo:

Love to be a fly on that wall.
View Quote

Project veritas must have at least one twitter employee in their pocket....
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:55:58 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

So first thing he should do after the takeover is "ban" AXIOS account.

Seems fair.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:58:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:58:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thesilvercord] [#15]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:01:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By M4-AK:

Do you think the same Talking Point boys post on other types of forums?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Geralt55:
Where are the Talking Point Boys?

UPS must be late with the points.

I think the morning block is for that muppet Dr. Fauci
Afternoon is where they get to glowie groups and lefty-tech-billionaire run platforms that censor republicans.

Do you think the same Talking Point boys post on other types of forums?

I sometimes think so. I personally believe a bunch of these accounts are the same account under a bunch of aliases.
If NorCal Leo was here he would have sorted it out very quickly IMHO
That guy was basically defensive moderator of the year every year, and our defensive rank was better.
Trolls allowed, trolls attempted, all that stuff, all lower because he was on the field.

The forum is one of the few actual right wing spaces on the whole free Internet, when you really think about it.
There's a couple places, but only a couple.

We've oftrn argued with the mod team on rules of engagement with trolls and a few other things, but when it comes down to it, they really are the best game in town.
A little over a year ago o the day the site started to shudder, they had a lot of incentives to pack up their game ball and go home.
Pack it in, call it quita.

Thanks in part to those guys I personally believe my parents are alive.
We may well look back on this in a few years and think, sure we didn't have Twitter, FB, but we did have a place to go before Elon's rebellion.

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:04:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Orion_Shall_Rise:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Orion_Shall_Rise:
Originally Posted By midmo:

Love to be a fly on that wall.

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:04:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wookie1562] [#18]

View Quote

Thought I've heard of that guy before

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:06:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: midmo] [#19]
View Quote

"... when I get elected."

ETA:  2015
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:06:56 PM EDT
[#20]
They would have to be crazy to turn this down.

Just looking at a list of the top 10 twitter shareholders... Vanguard is the biggest.  Musks offer would give them an extra billion dollars on top of the current value of their shares.

I guess we will see if they are all truly in business to make money or not.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:10:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:10:24 PM EDT
[#22]
"This is a threat to the free world" fucking LOL.

The $4.20 bit is pretty good, I'll give Musk that
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:12:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By dskeet:
They would have to be crazy to turn this down.

Just looking at a list of the top 10 twitter shareholders... Vanguard is the biggest.  Musks offer would give them an extra billion dollars on top of the current value of their shares.

I guess we will see if they are all truly in business to make money or not.
View Quote

I think this is one of the things Elon wants to prove.
That the Tech billionaires are Wokesters 1st, and profits 3rd.

Sure certain billionaires are all in on this, but quite a lot of them, let's say the older folks with a lot of money who are maybe been hoodwinked a little bit, this could be eye opening.

"They CAN change, but they don't want to."
Hard to unsee.

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:14:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:18:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:25:57 PM EDT
[#26]
All Bluechecks

View Quote

This is real funny to me.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:28:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:29:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Employees at various levels probably own very little stock in twitter since it has sucked for a long time. No confidence at all having drove it into the ground. If they owned some they would be all over Musk making it have value.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:31:20 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:32:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:03:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
If the buy goes through I will reopen my, long ago, closed account.
View Quote

And I will create one for the first time
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:04:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hadrian] [#32]
View Quote
<Posted from my Tesla Model 3>
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Major Twitter shareholder Prince Alwaleed bin Talal REJECTS Elon's $54.20-a-share offer to buy firm - but hints he'll reconsider if Tesla tycoon UPS his offer

A Saudi prince who's a major shareholder in Twitter has rejected Elon Musk's offer to buy the firm while hinting that he wants more money.

Alwaleed bin Talal made the announcement on Twitter itself Thursday morning, writing: 'I don't believe that the proposed offer by @elonmusk ($54.20) comes close to the intrinsic value of @Twitter given its growth prospects. Being one of the largest & long-term shareholders of Twitter, @Kingdom_KHC & I reject this offer.'

KHC is the Saudi-based holding company bin Talal operates. He also shared a grab of a tweet from 2015, in which he announced Kingdom KHC had upped its stake in Twitter to 5.7 per cent. It is unclear how much the investment firm now owns. Musk - whose 9.2 per cent stake is the biggest of any shareholder - made his sensational bid for the company early Friday.  

Twitter's board of directors will be meeting soon to discuss Elon Musk's $41.39 billion hostile takeover bid, with the company saying it will 'carefully review the proposal'.

The Twitter board will meet on Thursday at 1pm ET to consider Musk's bid to take the company private, and the company will hold an all-hands meeting to update staffers at 5pm, according to CNBC. Meanwhile, Musk is set to give a live interview with TED at 1pm.

Shares of Twitter slumped in midday trading, dropping below Wednesday's closing price to $45.76 -- well below Musk's offer price, signaling that investors remain skeptical that his takeover bid will succeed.

According to a regulatory filing, Musk launched his bid with a text message to Twitter board chair Bret Taylor on Wednesday, telling him he was preparing to send an offer letter and asking: 'Are you available to chat?'

In the follow-up call, Musk told Taylor that his bid was his final offer, saying 'I am not playing the back-and-forth game,' according to notes for the call.

'If the deal doesn’t work, given that I don’t have confidence in management nor do I believe I can drive the necessary change in the public market, I would need to reconsider my position as a shareholder,' Musk warned Taylor, the notes show.

Twitter said in a statement: 'The Twitter Board of Directors will carefully review the proposal to determine the course of action that it believes is in the best interest of the Company and all Twitter stockholders.'

Musk's offer price of $54.20 per share represents a 38 percent premium to the closing price of Twitter's stock on April 1, the last trading day before the Tesla CEO publicly revealed his 9.2 percent stake in the company, sending the stock popping.

The offer figure also includes the digits '420,' a reference to marijuana that Musk frequently jokes about.  

More
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:28:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:32:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:33:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:39:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:44:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:46:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Major Twitter shareholder Prince Alwaleed bin Talal REJECTS Elon's $54.20-a-share offer to buy firm - but hints he'll reconsider if Tesla tycoon UPS his offer

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/04/14/18/56621949-0-image-m-43_1649955807700.jpg

A Saudi prince who's a major shareholder in Twitter has rejected Elon Musk's offer to buy the firm while hinting that he wants more money.

Alwaleed bin Talal made the announcement on Twitter itself Thursday morning, writing: 'I don't believe that the proposed offer by @elonmusk ($54.20) comes close to the intrinsic value of @Twitter given its growth prospects. Being one of the largest & long-term shareholders of Twitter, @Kingdom_KHC & I reject this offer.'

KHC is the Saudi-based holding company bin Talal operates. He also shared a grab of a tweet from 2015, in which he announced Kingdom KHC had upped its stake in Twitter to 5.7 per cent. It is unclear how much the investment firm now owns. Musk - whose 9.2 per cent stake is the biggest of any shareholder - made his sensational bid for the company early Friday.  

Twitter's board of directors will be meeting soon to discuss Elon Musk's $41.39 billion hostile takeover bid, with the company saying it will 'carefully review the proposal'.

The Twitter board will meet on Thursday at 1pm ET to consider Musk's bid to take the company private, and the company will hold an all-hands meeting to update staffers at 5pm, according to CNBC. Meanwhile, Musk is set to give a live interview with TED at 1pm.

Shares of Twitter slumped in midday trading, dropping below Wednesday's closing price to $45.76 -- well below Musk's offer price, signaling that investors remain skeptical that his takeover bid will succeed.

According to a regulatory filing, Musk launched his bid with a text message to Twitter board chair Bret Taylor on Wednesday, telling him he was preparing to send an offer letter and asking: 'Are you available to chat?'

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/04/14/17/56621095-10718427-image-a-4_1649954603275.jpg

In the follow-up call, Musk told Taylor that his bid was his final offer, saying 'I am not playing the back-and-forth game,' according to notes for the call.

'If the deal doesn’t work, given that I don’t have confidence in management nor do I believe I can drive the necessary change in the public market, I would need to reconsider my position as a shareholder,' Musk warned Taylor, the notes show.

Twitter said in a statement: 'The Twitter Board of Directors will carefully review the proposal to determine the course of action that it believes is in the best interest of the Company and all Twitter stockholders.'

Musk's offer price of $54.20 per share represents a 38 percent premium to the closing price of Twitter's stock on April 1, the last trading day before the Tesla CEO publicly revealed his 9.2 percent stake in the company, sending the stock popping.

The offer figure also includes the digits '420,' a reference to marijuana that Musk frequently jokes about.  

More
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:48:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By LasagnaParty:
lol, this is awesome
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:50:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:
View Quote

Where can I watch this Elon Musk TED talk!?
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Should I buy some Twitter stock, or short it?

Either way, someone is going to make a shit-ton of money.  I am not a greedy person, but I wouldn't mind making a little extra scratch.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:52:02 PM EDT
[#47]
How Musk could win control of Twitter EVEN if board refuses his offer: Breakdown of a VERY hostile takeover bid by a genius who is used to getting what he wants

More
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:53:14 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:53:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By t75fnaco3pwzhd:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By t75fnaco3pwzhd:
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:

Elon Musk talks Twitter, Tesla and how his brain works — live at TED2022
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:53:52 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

that is amazing
Page / 279
Elon Musk's Twitter/X. (Page 14 of 279)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top