Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Elon Musk's Twitter/X. (Page 276 of 279)
Page / 279
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 7:55:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Subnet:
This part in red. I'm disputing this part. I think it's only popular to people who live online (like us?), and I don't think they're (we're) anywhere close to a majority. It doesn't really matter, in the end.

I think those of us who obsess over this shit, are probably doing so in a bubble. And that's probably going to be hard for a lot of us to hear, because it's going to challenge really fundamental assumptions about reality. Which is never pleasant.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

I agree with you mostly. Twitter is inferior communication, even compared to forums.

So why is it popular? Because people are stupid. They want instant gratification and constant updates with everything reduced to sound bites. Or in this case single sentence to paragraph descriptions or witty comments.

The only reason it's in the news media is due to the fact that it's generally faster and more accurate to get the daily happenings from X than the legacy media that is generally slow and stupid with Communist propaganda filters applied.
This part in red. I'm disputing this part. I think it's only popular to people who live online (like us?), and I don't think they're (we're) anywhere close to a majority. It doesn't really matter, in the end.

I think those of us who obsess over this shit, are probably doing so in a bubble. And that's probably going to be hard for a lot of us to hear, because it's going to challenge really fundamental assumptions about reality. Which is never pleasant.

I think you're probably right. What I intended to say was "as popular as it is"
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 7:59:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Missilegeek] [#2]
I really don't think this is actually all that true. I think it's always just been corporate hype, to try and draw advertisers in - from the day it went public, to the day Elon bought it. And terminally online folks (like us?) thought it was real. It wasn't. It isn't. I still kinda think the whole thing has always been a grift.

Hell, I'm not even sure that most of the traffic isn't just AI bots at this point. Seriously - I don't think it's all that real, or reflective of American society as a whole. It's an illusion.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

And yet, this "not real" thing has been built and used in a very real fashion in the realm of public perception in multiple areas of society by your ideological opponents.

It doesn't matter if you "get it" or not, it is(slightly less now) a tool used by the opposition, so one should probably try to limit it's effectiveness or use it for your own benefit.
I really don't think this is actually all that true. I think it's always just been corporate hype, to try and draw advertisers in - from the day it went public, to the day Elon bought it. And terminally online folks (like us?) thought it was real. It wasn't. It isn't. I still kinda think the whole thing has always been a grift.

Hell, I'm not even sure that most of the traffic isn't just AI bots at this point. Seriously - I don't think it's all that real, or reflective of American society as a whole. It's an illusion.

There's a giant distinction between saying something like "not many normal people are regular active users of X" (what I think you are saying)

And

"X isn't having much impact on public perception." I think X has changed the game with the media and has a pretty significant impact on what and how information is shared. No matter which source of media or information you consume, it seems pretty likely that it was influenced by X.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 8:05:47 PM EDT
[#3]
X is the ARFCOM for non gun owners.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 8:21:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#4]
Originally Posted By atavistic:
View Quote

You think ARFCOM is populated by gun owners?  LOL. No

My guess is less than 30% shoot at least monthly.

The Trump/Elon bro fest got 1 BILLION listeners over the app.  

1 BILLION

>70% of the engagement came from users under 40.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 8:25:37 PM EDT
[#5]

There's a giant distinction between saying something like "not many normal people are regular active users of X" (what I think you are saying)

And

"X isn't having much impact on public perception." I think X has changed the game with the media and has a pretty significant impact on what and how information is shared. No matter which source of media or information you consume, it seems pretty likely that it was influenced by X.
View All Quotes

And yet, this "not real" thing has been built and used in a very real fashion in the realm of public perception in multiple areas of society by your ideological opponents.

It doesn't matter if you "get it" or not, it is(slightly less now) a tool used by the opposition, so one should probably try to limit it's effectiveness or use it for your own benefit.

And

I said in this thread early on.

1 - media reports the tweet, as their source. Member the tweets and trending were controlled by democrats in high executive positions of Twitter pre musk
2 - more retweets, more trending again controlled by democrats
3 - media keeps repeating the “story”

A recursive feedback loop. With democrats and gov in control of the knobs. That’s why they lost their shit over musk buying it. They lost their propoganda machine. Their control over the printing press.

A person is smart. People are dumb stupid animals and you know it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 8:26:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By atavistic:

Fricken ammo ain’t cheap bro.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 8:28:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:

Fricken ammo ain’t cheap bro.
View Quote

Reload and if need be cast your own pistol bullets.  Train/Shoot
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 8:30:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By spidey07:

1 - media reports the tweet, as their source. Member the tweets and trending were controlled by democrats in high executive positions of Twitter pre musk

A recursive feedback loop. With democrats and gov in control of the knobs. That’s why they lost their shit over musk buying it. They lost their propoganda machine. Their control over the printing press.

View All Quotes

And

Correct.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 8:32:52 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Musk has repeatedly stated he didn't buy Twitter, he bought free speech.  

X has been his single largest Red Pill.  He saw first hand through his own investigation and through the true journalist he turned the data over to, that Twitter was nothing more than a propaganda machine for the left.  I think he knew it was to some extent but was appalled by what was found after he bought it.  To think they most likely deleted every email and text that they could and still got caught.  The sad thing, NOTHING happened to the guilty people.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 8:42:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: XJ] [#10]
How interdasting that Twitter went from the go-to source for media to the bete noire in an extremely short time period.   We were told on the local news whatever Twittards said was real, what they said mattered, what they said was gospel

[Arsenio_Hall]hmm[\Arsenio_Hall]
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 8:49:24 PM EDT
[#11]

X has been his single largest Red Pill.  He saw first hand through his own investigation and through the true journalist he turned the data over to, that Twitter was nothing more than a propaganda machine for the left.  I think he knew it was to some extent but was appalled by what was found after he bought it.  To think they most likely deleted every email and text that they could and still got caught.  The sad thing, NOTHING happened to the guilty people.
View All Quotes

Good post.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 9:01:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By midmo:

Good post.
View Quote

Because of what he has stated and the information he has provided to us I signed up for a subscription again.  I did for a couple of month when the Twitter Files dropped and now when he is supporting Trump I felt he deserved a few of my dollars to say thanks.

I look at it as a tip of sorts, a thanks for good work.  He may be the richest person in the world, that doesn't mean we should not pay for his service or say thank you.  

$24 a year here is for the entertainment value.

$8-11 a month is the price I pay for having a place to get unbiased (and biased) information.  We need all our news sources to provide all sides without spin.  We don't have that so here we are, X is a source but you are obligated to vet the information yourself.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 9:17:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Because of what he has stated and the information he has provided to us I signed up for a subscription again.  I did for a couple of month when the Twitter Files dropped and now when he is supporting Trump I felt he deserved a few of my dollars to say thanks.

I look at it as a tip of sorts, a thanks for good work.  He may be the richest person in the world, that doesn't mean we should not pay for his service or say thank you.  

$8-11 a month is the price I pay for having a place to get unbiased (and biased) information.  We need all our news sources to provide all sides without spin.  We don't have that so here we are, X is a source but you are obligated to vet the information yourself.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By midmo:

Good post.

We need him.  He can be a powerful ally; he's lived it and (~gasp~) drawn his own conclusions from his own experience and thoughts.  Rumor is he's also kinda bright.

Just as importantly, he and Trump seem to have some chemistry brewing.  That's one of the most interesting aspects of the whole thing to me.  It's a bromance made in heaven for what we need to have happen right now.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 10:43:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I've said it before in this thread, He's the hero we need.
Question, are there any other billionaires that support DJT?
Link Posted: 8/16/2024 12:48:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: victorgonzales] [#15]

View Quote
I think social media in the last decade has immensely influence on the social narrative.  Those people like us always online learn things and go tell everyone and word spreads fast.  Politics and government notice which is why they infiltrated to control and censor narratives.  

I don't think Twitter is an accurate representation of the whole population but ideas and info that spreads there can change the whole population. Now that Twitter is not controlled by the left I think it's imperative for the right to participate and drive the narratives there. They have more affect than traditional corporate media propaganda now.
Link Posted: 8/16/2024 11:45:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By dragoontwo:

Twitter's logo was a bird.  Birds aren't real.  Twitter is was the governments online surveillance drone.
View Quote

fixt it
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 1:20:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RSG] [#17]

Last night, Alexandre de Moraes threatened our legal representative in Brazil with arrest if we do not comply with his censorship orders. He did so in a secret order, which we share here to expose his actions.

Despite our numerous appeals to the Supreme Court not being heard, the Brazilian public not being informed about these orders and our Brazilian staff having no responsibility or control over whether content is blocked on our platform, Moraes has chosen to threaten our staff in Brazil rather than respect the law or due process.

As a result, to protect the safety of our staff, we have made the decision to close our operation in Brazil, effective immediately.

The X service remains available to the people of Brazil.
We are deeply saddened that we have been forced to make this decision. The responsibility lies solely with Alexandre de Moraes.

His actions are incompatible with democratic government. The people of Brazil have a choice to make - democracy, or Alexandre de Moraes.
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 1:33:15 PM EDT
[#18]
To repeat what's been said before , he's straight out of  "Atlas Shrugged ".
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Attachment Attached File

He's protected his account.

Oops.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 2:36:04 PM EDT
[#20]
DeNiro got the banhammer

Link Posted: 8/18/2024 4:51:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Is that really Deniro’s account?
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 4:56:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By HRJ:
Is that really Deniro’s account?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 8/18/2024 4:57:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Advance:

Yes
View Quote

Are you suuuuure?
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 2:06:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Attachment Attached File

With a free twitter, this is getting discussed.
They still have media advantages, yes, but that total air superiority thing is gone

People are pointing out the Price Controls = Socialism reality, and the media can ignore it, but millions will be made aware of it.

Last time they needed to ban media outlets, censor speech, and it still took days to win by .01% in the states they coincidentally needed
At 4am.

That margin is so small every story matters.
They can pull narratives off Faceberg, IG, YT
But not twitter.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:01:50 AM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 8/20/2024 1:29:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 8/20/2024 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GVdOto0aMAER1Tj?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

And there it is.

Link Posted: 8/20/2024 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Attachment Attached File

Hit it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 8:29:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Advance:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/1000002964_png-3299943.JPG

Hit it.
View Quote

lol. 556 pm. Red pilled.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 11:56:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 8:18:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By RSG:
View Quote

If they tried to extradite Elon for upsetting the EU
1) He'd probably just shut off satellite access to them
2) They probably need SpaceX
3) Good fucking LUCK trying to raid him Texas.
You would have untold amounts of Texas watching that guyf or free, 24/7 - 365, with Viagra and 5HR energy ready to go, at the prospect of telling the Euroweenies to GTFO
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 8/24/2024 8:21:08 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 8/24/2024 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GVySXhvW8AAcbED?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

He’s in for a penny, in for a pound. It’s seriously a war for free speech. Him buying Twitter turned the tide.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 8:38:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 9:08:35 PM EDT
[#38]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GVyErbtXwAA17JO?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GVyFMWKXAAACI1S?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

Moo
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 9:19:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spidey07] [#39]
Remember. Executive branch had agents in high level positions at Twitter dictating policy top down.

It was essentially a tool of the gov.  With a direct line to accept orders from gov, willfully followed and carried out. Top down.  This is all proven fact.  It was infested, top down.

Notice how the MSM doesn’t use Twitter as its source anymore?  It was a recursive loop.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 9:28:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Remember. Executive branch had agents in high level positions at Twitter dictating policy top down.

It was essentially a tool of the gov.  With a direct line to accept orders from gov, willfully followed and carried out. Top down.  This is all proven fact.  It was infested, top down.

Notice how the MSM doesn’t use Twitter as its source anymore?  It was a recursive loop.
View Quote

The play now seems to be for governments to collude, extradite, and imprison platform owners who don't go along with the censorship regime.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

The play now seems to be for governments to collude, extradite, and imprison platform owners who don't go along with the censorship regime.
View All Quotes

History repeats itself.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 11:38:00 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Yet we had a guy here a few posts up arguing that Twitter wasn't and isn't anything substantial or consequential.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:12:41 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

"Elon can't fire 80% of the company and have it still run omg what is he doing!"

IIRC his response amounted to, "it turns out when you're not doing censorship and shadowbanning you don't need as many people"
Wild that all the degenerate shit we saw on the platform happened effectively with the blessing of powerful people.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:22:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By guyina4x4:
$3 billion for 9%
I wouldn't give $3 for 100%
Dumbass
View Quote

And that is why you most likely have closer to the $3 than the $3,000,000,000 than he does.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 1:27:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fantomas] [#45]

View Quote

Ricarda Lang is a piece of shit

and FAT

Commie Fuck

BND please come and get me
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 1:53:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By SamBoga:
DeNiro got the banhammer

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GVQ9DcdXUAAVdk-?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2024 2:15:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Geralt55:

"Elon can't fire 80% of the company and have it still run omg what is he doing!"

IIRC his response amounted to, "it turns out when you're not doing censorship and shadowbanning you don't need as many people"
Wild that all the degenerate shit we saw on the platform happened effectively with the blessing of powerful people.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Geralt55:

Notice how the MSM doesn't use Twitter as its source anymore?  It was a recursive loop.

These leftist governments are scared shitless of free speech, and I mean that as in our 1A rights not shit like inciting riots. They just flat out fundamentally will not allow speech that is contrary to leftism.

If you own a tech platform and don't toe the line to their censorship they will throw you in jail and tell everyone you are enabling pedophiles and terrorists.

Meanwhile they bend over backwards to protect foreign invaders that groom and rape little girls even going so far as to throw people in jail who protest foreign invaders stabbing little kids to death.

And because they are leftists that's exactly what Democrats want to do here. We've been just behind European leftist governments in what happens here.

Does anyone think Kamala the prosecutor wouldn't try to throw people in jail for this type of shit?
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 2:24:43 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

That’s one huge (fat) bitch. Did she eat all of her subjects?
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 2:27:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Fantomas:

Ricarda Lang is a piece of shit

and FAT

Commie Fuck

BND please come and get me
View Quote
Nuts. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest that Germany is out in front leading this bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 2:29:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By UnequivocalLiberty:

That's one huge (fat) bitch. Did she eat all of her subjects?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UnequivocalLiberty:

That's one huge (fat) bitch. Did she eat all of her subjects?

All the Brats in Bavaria lol
Page / 279
Elon Musk's Twitter/X. (Page 276 of 279)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top