Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Elon Musk's Twitter/X. (Page 277 of 279)
Page / 279
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 2:46:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SuperSixOne:
Nuts. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest that Germany is out in front leading this bullshit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SuperSixOne:
Originally Posted By Fantomas:

Ricarda Lang is a piece of shit

and FAT

Commie Fuck

BND please come and get me
Nuts. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest that Germany is out in front leading this bullshit.

Its really sad to see

But not a surprise really

Next year the current Administration is goi g to get fucked. Look forward to vote in September

Link Posted: 8/25/2024 3:45:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 4:11:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rebel31] [#3]
Originally Posted By Subnet:
I still have a hunch that this perception of X's influence, is really only shared by those of us who obsessively follow it. I think we're in the minority, and I think we make it out to be a bigger deal than it actually is, in reality. I think our judgement is clouded, by the fact that we all consume it and feel like it reflects reality - mostly because our reality really is shaped by it. I kinda don't think it actually does, though.

But hell...I dunno.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

And yet, this "not real" thing has been built and used in a very real fashion in the realm of public perception in multiple areas of society by your ideological opponents.

It doesn't matter if you "get it" or not, it is(slightly less now) a tool used by the opposition, so one should probably try to limit it's effectiveness or use it for your own benefit.
I really don't think this is actually all that true. I think it's always just been corporate hype, to try and draw advertisers in - from the day it went public, to the day Elon bought it. And terminally online folks (like us?) thought it was real. It wasn't. It isn't. I still kinda think the whole thing has always been a grift.

Hell, I'm not even sure that most of the traffic isn't just AI bots at this point. Seriously - I don't think it's all that real, or reflective of American society as a whole. It's an illusion.

There's a giant distinction between saying something like "not many normal people are regular active users of X" (what I think you are saying)

And

"X isn't having much impact on public perception." I think X has changed the game with the media and has a pretty significant impact on what and how information is shared. No matter which source of media or information you consume, it seems pretty likely that it was influenced by X.
I still have a hunch that this perception of X's influence, is really only shared by those of us who obsessively follow it. I think we're in the minority, and I think we make it out to be a bigger deal than it actually is, in reality. I think our judgement is clouded, by the fact that we all consume it and feel like it reflects reality - mostly because our reality really is shaped by it. I kinda don't think it actually does, though.

But hell...I dunno.
@subnet

I forgot to post in your other thread but I think you are under-estimating the impact Twitter has on the world.

For a little history lesson when Twitter launched they didn't have a mobile app. They had an open API and the first mobile apps were from 3rd party apps.

TweetBot became extremely popular and Twitter owes a lot to them for making Twitter popular.

Apollo for Reddit is another extremely popular app that made Reddit what it is today.

Both of those apps are dead because both companies closed off their API and the internet is worse off for it.

That said for all that is just and holy for the love of god please please please fix the external link sharing on this website.

Someone clicking share on Twitter and then clicking the Twitter button on a post here should NOT require nuance in how to edit the link and still get a barely usable inbed.              

You don't have to believe me but honestly I was thinking of creating a thread to post a 1 in chat if you want better Twitter integration. Editing links is tiresome and a barrier to sharing content to this site.                                                                                                                                                                                      
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 4:46:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 8:26:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By A_G:

Yet we had a guy here a few posts up arguing that Twitter wasn't and isn't anything substantial or consequential.
View Quote

There's no one form of media that's going to reach everybody, but Tucker Carlson for example gets more exposure on X than he did on Fox.

If it didn't undermine the international censorship complex so well the EU and that Brazilian bitch wouldn't be working so hard to concoct bullshit justifications of misinformation/harm in order to ban X in their countries.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 9:13:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Geralt55:

"Elon can't fire 80% of the company and have it still run omg what is he doing!"

IIRC his response amounted to, "it turns out when you're not doing censorship and shadowbanning you don't need as many people"
Wild that all the degenerate shit we saw on the platform happened effectively with the blessing INSTRUCTIONS of powerful people.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2024 9:42:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Honestly, I feel like you're unintentionally making my point for me. Regular people don't follow this shit. Twitter/X isn't real. You guys need to step outside of yourselves for a minute. None of this is real. You live in it, so you think it matters a lot more than it actually does. It's an illusion.

And I'm saying this as a geek to his very core, who was one of the earliest adopters of Twitter. And used their API the minute it became available, as the nerdy programmer that I am.

I no longer work for this site, so any complaints you have about the usability of the embeds, need to be taken further up the chain.
View Quote

Actually it surprises me how many people DO follow "this shit". I'm not trying to argue with you but answer me this. If Twitter/X is so unimportant then why are the leftists world wide trying to shut it down? Not just the U.S. or the EU but almost every despotic government world wide. Doesn't that seem like a lot of work and aggravation for something that is not important?
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 10:33:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GVySXhvW8AAcbED?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

Based AF.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 10:48:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Sub, were you asleep for the years that the media and politicians were  all-in using Twitter as a source, touchstone, and tool?
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 10:53:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:26:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 1:21:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: victorgonzales] [#12]
Honestly, I feel like you're unintentionally making my point for me. Regular people don't follow this shit. Twitter/X isn't real. You guys need to step outside of yourselves for a minute. None of this is real. You live in it, so you think it matters a lot more than it actually does. It's an illusion.

And I'm saying this as a geek to his very core, who was one of the earliest adopters of Twitter. And used their API the minute it became available, as the nerdy programmer that I am.

I no longer work for this site, so any complaints you have about the usability of the embeds, need to be taken further up the chain.
View Quote
I don't think the reach is what's significant.

Twitter is not reality as far as societies political opinions and whatnot.   What's important is it's able to spread ideas and information.   Before Elon the power that be had near complete control of what narratives could gain traction.  Since Elon bought it. There's a large enough information network that they can't stop it.  

The opinions of Twitter may only affect a small percentage of not Twitter people directly but the information that can now be spread reaches everyone eventually.  That information can sway enough people to change elections and drastically change the overall political discussions and narratives that can be used.  

That is the reason world governments are losing their shit and trying to force Elon to bring Twitter back into the censorship program.  They can't effectively control people the way they want if theres a gaping hole in their propaganda machine.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 5:13:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Geralt55] [#13]
Originally Posted By OKnativeson:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By OKnativeson:
Originally Posted By Geralt55:

"Elon can't fire 80% of the company and have it still run omg what is he doing!"

IIRC his response amounted to, "it turns out when you're not doing censorship and shadowbanning you don't need as many people"
Wild that all the degenerate shit we saw on the platform happened effectively with the blessing INSTRUCTIONS of powerful people.

The things we are forced to consider in 2024 is shocking.

Meanwhile, they keep making enemies:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I'm remembering an episode of the Simpsons, where Homer keeps slapping people with a dueling glove, and then he slaps the wrong guy

They trans'd Elon's kid.
Hooooly shit an all time dumb move.

Teamblue has been on a beer-muscles powertrip (thanks to twitter and other megaphones artificially holding the pendulum/overton window in place for ~16 years), annnd they have done nothing but make enemies.
Once you make enough ideological enemies they might form together.
They are experiencing it now.

Link Posted: 8/25/2024 5:14:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Geralt55] [#14]
Originally Posted By unreformed66:

Actually it surprises me how many people DO follow "this shit". I'm not trying to argue with you but answer me this. If Twitter/X is so unimportant then why are the leftists world wide trying to shut it down? Not just the U.S. or the EU but almost every despotic government world wide. Doesn't that seem like a lot of work and aggravation for something that is not important?
View All Quotes

Point can be dismantled a ton of different ways, (including media psyops going after Musk for not playing ball, they arrested another person who ran a social media app but didn't want to censor for them - they wouldn't use this power if it didn't matter), or "~500 million users" and lets assume "Only" half are active, a distinction without a real difference, but we can effectively wipe it away in one image.

We didn't end up with a bunch of cities and businesses totally destroyed by young leftie rioters (many of whom do not have cable), because they organically went out and did it themselves, or their Pastors at church suddenly allll got the idea at once, nationwide.

Twitter was a lot of things, it IS a superhighway for information and social consensus, and it was once run by leftists for leftists. It's how they felt so powerful socially.
Twitter was the Forward Air Control bird for new leftie causes.
Out of the sphincter of San Fran comes ______ dumb issue/cause they like. With 200 tweets it's now "Trending"
Twitter made sure you saw it. NPC Celebrity #459 talks about it.
The interns writing the teleprompters at the cable news corporations notice, and put it onto the prompter.
Out it goes on TV to the boomers that night.
Wikipedia gets edited
Googles "Algorithm" changes to omit things they don't like

And before you know it, your dumbfuck neighbor/coworker feels powerful. One day you make the mistake of having a stance they had 14 minutes ago.
You say the wrong phrase, and they get hysterical, "WHY OF COURSE A 5 YEAR OLD KNOWS IF THEY'RE A WOMAN OR NOT START THE HORMONE BLOCKERS OMG OF COURSE"

And this is on issue, after issue, after issue. From leftie social issues, to "safe and tested" 6month old medical products.
Politics are downstream of culture.
Social consensus drives this ^ or at least usually does.
Twitter is the largest town square in a world where people increasingly don't go outside.

Right now Faceberg, IG, and YT still censor, but twitter does not.
Even if the media decides to wall off discussion of _____ topic people have interest in, it's not going away.

At an extreme minimum it's got to be a hard lesson for the old blue checkmarks to engage without opponents being shadowbanned or hashtags disappearing.
They've never boxed without headgear before, and now they're thrown into UFC rules.
Like, UFC 1 rules.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 8:14:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#15]

View Quote

And why people doing things on X for an hour or two get more views that the entire MSM gets for a week? Don't sell X short. It is the World's news/town square.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:21:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Advance:

And why do people doing things on X for an hour or two get more views that the entire MSM gets for a week? Don't sell X short. It is the World's news/town square.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Advance:

And why do people doing things on X for an hour or two get more views that the entire MSM gets for a week? Don't sell X short. It is the World's news/town square.

I mean, there's a reason that conservatives and libertarians lost social media. They wanted to be left alone into irrelevance.

Outside of here, I'm rarely on any form of "social media", that said, I still want every form of media dominated by conservative and libertarian speech, if only to drown out leftism.

The marketplace of ideas is an information war.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 9:07:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The Supreme Court dismissed Murthy v Missouri et al in June by a 6-3 majority because the states and social media users couldn't conclusively prove the federal government pressured social media platforms to suppress their free speech, the dissenters called it "one of the most important free speech cases to reach this Court in years."

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 10:41:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DragoMuseveni] [#18]
Originally Posted By Kharn:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/195/GV8Rlp9XMAAGCgI_jpg-3305703.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/195/GV8Rlp9W8AAtBAN_jpg-3305705.JPG

The Supreme Court dismissed Murthy v Missouri et al in June by a 6-3 majority because the states and social media users couldn't conclusively prove the federal government pressured social media platforms to suppress their free speech, the dissenters called it "one of the most important free speech cases to reach this Court in years."

Kharn
View Quote
Suckerburg sees the writing on the wall that he'll be lined up against the wall if Trump looses.
He's hoping MAGA will forgive him by coming clean.

Fuck him. He made his bed.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 4:05:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 4:07:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spidey07] [#20]
View Quote

Of course they did.  “Dangerous to our democracy” really means “danger to our control”

What’s dangerous to our democracy/republic?  Communism. And democrats. One and the same.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 4:16:37 PM EDT
[#21]
So out of all the AI platforms out there Grok is the ONLY dangerous one. How interesting.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 4:17:47 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

He needs to release a downloadable freeware version.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 4:35:50 PM EDT
[#23]
So out of all the AI platforms out there Grok is the ONLY dangerous one. How interesting.
View Quote

Likely because they have gov agents deployed in charge with direct line of communication/ control  of the others like they did at Twitter.

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 4:39:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By midmo:

View All Quotes

Did you notice they used 2 msm articles as their source?  It’s that recursive loop thing again. The media gets their marching orders from dnc. This is known fact proven by Wikileaks emails.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

It does use an open source model you can download and use locally.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 5:47:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By spidey07:

Did you notice they used 2 msm articles as their source?  It’s that recursive loop thing again. The media gets their marching orders from dnc. This is known fact proven by Wikileaks emails.
View Quote

SPLC and the ADL are agitprop generators for this reason. Feds say "we're concerned about (insert descriptor of chosen political opposition here)" and pay for "research" into said descriptor. Agitprop factories generate agitprop under the guise of legitimate research/journalism. Feds now go after the political opponent they originally identified.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 8:23:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spidey07] [#27]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

SPLC and the ADL are agitprop generators for this reason. Feds say "we're concerned about (insert descriptor of chosen political opposition here)" and pay for "research" into said descriptor. Agitprop factories generate agitprop under the guise of legitimate research/journalism. Feds now go after the political opponent they originally identified.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AK-12:

Yep. Heres our source. It used to be Twitter that then fed media, which then fed Twitter. Recursive loop.

Why doesn’t msm use Twitter as their source anymore?  Hmmmmm
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 10:49:22 PM EDT
[#28]
BTW, Goatboy or whoever fixed the embedding of X.com links, so you don't have change it to twitter.com anymore.

Thanks @Goatboy!
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:02:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Does nobody see fucking Congress using msm media as their fucking source/reference a real serious problem?  Fucking recursive loop.

That’s why the left is losing their shit.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:
Suckerburg sees the writing on the wall that he'll be lined up against the wall if Trump looses.
He's hoping MAGA will forgive him by coming clean.

Fuck him. He made his bed.
View Quote

He's covering his ass and hoping to gain immunity(if he hasn't already struck a deal) before 45 also becomes 47.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:32:27 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote
Like Twitter it's he only platform that isn't already working and censoring for the state .
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:36:47 PM EDT
[#32]

Likely because they have gov agents deployed in charge with direct line of communication/ control  of the others like they did at Twitter.

View All Quotes

I may be mis-remembering but I thought one of the ex FBI directors had an actual office at FB? Or maybe some other former agency head.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:38:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
BTW, Goatboy or whoever fixed the embedding of X.com links, so you don't have change it to twitter.com anymore.

Thanks @Goatboy!
View Quote

About time. Do you still have to edit links to remove the ? portion of the link?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 11:56:37 PM EDT
[#34]
https://x.com/cb_doge/status/1828639959655555128

Using 𝕏 to post on 𝕏 that 𝕏 is not working.

The irony!

Link Posted: 8/28/2024 12:02:17 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 8/28/2024 12:03:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rebel31] [#36]
First was x.com the second was twitter.com
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 7:27:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RSG] [#37]
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 9:07:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RSG] [#38]

Link Posted: 8/28/2024 10:49:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Looks like vpn stocks gonna go up in brazil
Link Posted: 8/29/2024 12:40:13 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 8/29/2024 12:48:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By RSG:

View Quote

You want Hank Scorpio?  Cause this is how you get Hank Scorpio...

Link Posted: 8/29/2024 3:54:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Looks like a big outage just started up. Website is working for me but the app says 'Posts aren't loading right now. Try again.'

Attachment Attached File

https://downdetector.com/status/twitter/
Link Posted: 8/29/2024 4:01:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Rebel31:
Looks like a big outage just started up. Website is working for me but the app says 'Posts aren't loading right now. Try again.'

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/381696/download__1__png-3307963.JPG

https://downdetector.com/status/twitter/
View Quote

Zero problems for me. X works fine.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 8/30/2024 11:28:12 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Zerohedge is about as trustworthy as CNN
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 4:25:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RSG] [#46]

Link Posted: 8/30/2024 4:32:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By DKUltra:

View All Quotes

Zerohedge is 1000 times more trustworthy than CNN.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 4:51:02 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Name a "trustworthy" news site.

They all have an angle. Every last one.

Link Posted: 8/30/2024 5:18:37 PM EDT
[#49]
And in addition to the previous 277 pages of posts, I'd like to say
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 5:30:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spidey07] [#50]

View Quote

Despots, tyrants, communists fear free speech and the sharing of that to others more than firearms.  Wonder why that is?  Hmmm.

I’ll go back to 1st amendment “freedom of the press” was the printing press. As the Brit’s would shut down printing presses and arrest the operators. Another reason, a big reason, we fought our war.

And here they are, doing it again, in year 2024.  But now our own gov is doing it.  Man moves to tyranny, it’s the nature of man.  History shows this over hundreds if not a thousand years.
Page / 279
Elon Musk's Twitter/X. (Page 277 of 279)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top