BCM
User Panel

Elon Musk's Twitter/X. (Page 63 of 279)
Page / 279
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:44:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 0002s:
People are missing the point about what Twitter has become.

Twitter ONLY EXISTS so that a fake anonymous sourced story can be pushed at light speed into the main stream media with a sense of validity due to the number of retweets, celebrity tweets and or supposedly important people tweets.  It's only function is to advance a narrative at speeds that couldn't happen before there was a Twitter.  The stories advance so fast that what use to take weeks or months to develop now takes hours.  As an added bonus nobody has to put their reputation on the line because Twitter is the journalist doing the reporting.  The rest of the journalists only use it as the source for their stories to advance the narrative.

It's a useful tool for advancing an agenda.  The bots exists to speed the process up.  We are fed the bullshit.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:45:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By TexasDoubleTap:
Expecting twitter to privide the truth, on almost anything, and watching them squim when lies are pointed out, is exactly why so many people want Musk to succeed. Even if he buys it and burns it to the ground.

Similar vein to Trump and POTUS.

Normal people are just tired of the bullshit parade.
View Quote

This is exactly where I and others I've talked to IRL are at.

We're tired of being pissed on and told that it's raining:

"Elections are secure"
"The 'science' is settled"
"Women can be men, men can have babies"
"Secure Ukraine, open OUR borders"
...and on and on...

Musk shoves all their radical, divisive, political rallying cries (DISTRACTIONS!!!) aside, and brought this battle right to his home turf. It's about money, DUMMIES!

Now who you gonna believe, the guy that says "open your books and show your work" or the guy that spouts the same ole partyline... "Well, the 'newmath' we use for users you wouldn't understand, we need 'nuance' and 'context' to understand how we came up with 2+2=5"

Burn this and he burns it all...
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:46:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By spidey07:

He doesnt answer to money. Leftists and communists answer to satan only.  In their evil mind they are doing good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By spidey07:
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
Originally Posted By eesmith:
I almost feel sorry for Parag. He made it all the way to big dog Tech CEO, and he's still getting humiliated in public by his prospective boss like a sloppy 7/11 clerk.
As a multimultimulti millionaire, I'm sure he'll walk away with no fucks given.

He doesnt answer to money. Leftists and communists answer to satan only.  In their evil mind they are doing good.

When people say shit like this, I can never tell if they're a brilliantly subtle comedian or if they actually fucking believe it.

More often than not I get the sinking feeling they believe it. And they can vote and have children the same as smart people can. Great.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Palm:
If the Twitter Twats are juicing the numbers, does anyone else think CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS,  NYT, WO PO, and other leftists are juicing pole numbers too?
View Quote

Nope, no juicing polls here.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 0002s:
People are missing the point about what Twitter has become.

Twitter ONLY EXISTS so that a fake anonymous sourced story can be pushed at light speed into the main stream media with a sense of validity due to the number of retweets, celebrity tweets and or supposedly important people tweets.  It's only function is to advance a narrative at speeds that couldn't happen before there was a Twitter.  The stories advance so fast that what use to take weeks or months to develop now takes hours.  As an added bonus nobody has to put their reputation on the line because Twitter is the journalist doing the reporting.  The rest of the journalists only use it as the source for their stories to advance the narrative.

It's a useful tool for advancing an agenda.  The bots exists to speed the process up.  We are fed the bullshit.
View Quote

As I take a step back and look at this, what Mr.007, myself and others are saying in our own words on different pages -
I think whatever we think the mechanisms/gears look like, or whatever the history was, we're really all scratching at the same concept.

There's an awakening, I think many millions of us understand on at least some level what we're looking at, and that gives me hope.

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:51:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By NunyaBidness:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/479053/Screenshot_2022-05-17_094624-2387005.jpg

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NunyaBidness:
If the Twitter Twats are juicing the numbers, does anyone else think CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS,  NYT, WO PO, and other leftists are juicing pole numbers too?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/479053/Screenshot_2022-05-17_094624-2387005.jpg

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo impossssibleeee!!!

^ this last one. Tooootally not a PsyOP guys.
I had the gall to suggest that her internal PERSONAL negative polling was so high, she was trying to co-brand with local Dem races.
That was impossible.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 11:07:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RSG] [#7]

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 11:57:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RSG:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FS9BEuTWYAEDQa6?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

100% Truth
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Yes

They all are.
FNC also.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:33:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#10]
He knew the score and is letting them hang themselves.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:39:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LurchAddams] [#11]
Here's the actual text from Twitter's SEC filing, regarding that 5% estimate.  They seemed to cover their arses.  

While these numbers are based on what we believe to be
reasonable estimates for the applicable period of measurement, there are inherent challenges in measuring usage and engagement across our large number of
total accounts around the world. Furthermore, our metrics may be impacted by our information quality efforts, which are our overall efforts to reduce malicious
activity on the service, inclusive of spam, malicious automation, and fake accounts. For example, there are a number of false or spam accounts in existence on
our platform. We have performed an internal review of a sample of accounts and estimate that the average of false or spam accounts during the first quarter of
2022 represented fewer than 5% of our mDAU during the quarter.
The false or spam accounts for a period represents the average of false or spam accounts in
the samples during each monthly analysis period during the quarter. In making this determination, we applied significant judgment, so our estimation of false or
spam accounts may not accurately represent the actual number of such accounts, and the actual number of false or spam accounts could be higher than we have
estimated. We are continually seeking to improve our ability to estimate the total number of spam accounts and eliminate them from the calculation of our
mDAU, and have made improvements in our spam detection capabilities that have resulted in the suspension of a large number of spam, malicious automation,
and fake accounts. We intend to continue to make such improvements. After we determine an account is spam, malicious automation, or fake, we stop counting
it in our mDAU, or other related metrics. We also treat multiple accounts held by a single person or organization as multiple mDAU because we permit people
and organizations to have more than one account. Additionally, some accounts used by organizations are used by many people within the organization. As such,
the calculations of our mDAU may not accurately reflect the actual number of people or organizations using our platform.

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:40:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
He knew the score and is letting them hang themselves.
View Quote

Opinion: He's now Daring the SEC to "Call balls and strikes."
Either act as the praetorian guard of big business, OR do your job and slice up one of the sacred cows for something that would get "the little people" destroyed.

Either outcome is telling.

Looks like they reeeeeaaally fucking stepped in it when the banned the Babylon Bee though, that's for sure.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:56:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hadrian] [#14]
Most days Musk is Tony Stark, but lately he's been Bobby Axlerod (nsfw language).
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 1:02:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 1:12:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By LurchAddams:
Here's the actual text from Twitter's SEC filing, regarding that 5% estimate.  They seemed to cover their arses.  
View Quote

Assuming that 5% is significantly below reality, it would depend on whether 5% was an honest estimate that happened to be inaccurate, or a deliberate fraud.

You don't get out of fraud jail free by saying 'these are the best numbers we can come up with, but they might be inaccurate'.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 1:14:46 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Even the audience knows, everyone knows, he is on a warpath to kill twitter in its current state one way or another.

Who knew it would be through poop emoji and laughter.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 1:22:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Elon Musk
@elonmusk
·
57m
Twitter claims that >95% of daily active users are real, unique humans. Does anyone have that experience?

Note the Unique part.  I do not know if there are bots here, but I suspect some of the posters here jump onto people using multiple screen names.

What is your guess?
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By mochaTX:

Even the audience knows, everyone knows, he is on a warpath to kill twitter in its current state one way or another.

View All Quotes

Mockery is an extremely powerful weapon when deployed correctly. And I do think it's being used correctly here.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 1:34:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By fargo007:

With 100% certainty there are people in the know talking to Musk. Musk is smart enough not to put this much money up unless he knows for sure what's up.

There's still no believable explanation for Jack's sudden exit. Jack is obviously bitter.

I believe Jack sanctioned a technical "golem" inside twitter to manipulate it hard during the "Orange Man Bad" years.

The golem was so useful, the wokes made it a central component of the platform against Jack's wishes. The public facing name for the golem is "the algorithm."

The golem at this point likely represents the power of a hundred thousand or more (fake) users.

Jack got outvoted on the golem, even after warning them they are committing securities fraud with it, and at this point removing the golem would be dramatically obvious and give up the whole show.

Jack was told he would be replaced by the chubby vegetarian indian computer room guy if he didn't play ball.

This is my working theory.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Geralt55:

I'm with you on that.

I don' think Elon is merely taking educated guesses on where to press.
Maybe Jack told him everything, maybe he's heard a lot of "open secrets" about what twitter is and how it's run.
I think Jack's talked to him, and he's probably had ground level employees talk to him too.

If you're a 20something year old tech kid who got his first Tesla, Elon Musk basically is Tony Stark.

I look forward to seeing this all unfold, I think Musk knows where the weak points are.

With 100% certainty there are people in the know talking to Musk. Musk is smart enough not to put this much money up unless he knows for sure what's up.

There's still no believable explanation for Jack's sudden exit. Jack is obviously bitter.

I believe Jack sanctioned a technical "golem" inside twitter to manipulate it hard during the "Orange Man Bad" years.

The golem was so useful, the wokes made it a central component of the platform against Jack's wishes. The public facing name for the golem is "the algorithm."

The golem at this point likely represents the power of a hundred thousand or more (fake) users.

Jack got outvoted on the golem, even after warning them they are committing securities fraud with it, and at this point removing the golem would be dramatically obvious and give up the whole show.

Jack was told he would be replaced by the chubby vegetarian indian computer room guy if he didn't play ball.

This is my working theory.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 2:37:13 PM EDT
[#21]

reasonable estimates for the applicable period of measurement, there are inherent challenges in measuring usage and engagement across our large number of
total accounts around the world. Furthermore, our metrics may be impacted by our information quality efforts, which are our overall efforts to reduce malicious
activity on the service, inclusive of spam, malicious automation, and fake accounts. For example, there are a number of false or spam accounts in existence on
our platform. We have performed an internal review of a sample of accounts and estimate that the average of false or spam accounts during the first quarter of
The false or spam accounts for a period represents the average of false or spam accounts in
the samples during each monthly analysis period during the quarter. In making this determination, we applied significant judgment, so our estimation of false or
spam accounts may not accurately represent the actual number of such accounts, and the actual number of false or spam accounts could be higher than we have
estimated. We are continually seeking to improve our ability to estimate the total number of spam accounts and eliminate them from the calculation of our
mDAU, and have made improvements in our spam detection capabilities that have resulted in the suspension of a large number of spam, malicious automation,
and fake accounts. We intend to continue to make such improvements. After we determine an account is spam, malicious automation, or fake, we stop counting
it in our mDAU, or other related metrics. We also treat multiple accounts held by a single person or organization as multiple mDAU because we permit people
and organizations to have more than one account. Additionally, some accounts used by organizations are used by many people within the organization. As such,
the calculations of our mDAU may not accurately reflect the actual number of people or organizations using our platform.

View Quote

That doesn't cover their ass at all if it's false and they just can't say "Oops!" if it's wrong. It's like putting out false income/expense numbers and saying "Well, they're pretty close. We think."
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 2:44:57 PM EDT
[#22]
If they truly just take a sampling of 100 accounts to calculate spam accounts then this statement is false

We are continually seeking to improve our ability to estimate the total number of spam accounts and eliminate them from the calculation of our
mDAU, and have made improvements in our spam detection capabilities that have resulted in the suspension of a large number of spam, malicious automation
View Quote

And to tell me they don’t have an analytical way of calculating this number tells me they don’t want investors and advertisers to know the number.

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 2:47:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Mockery is an extremely powerful weapon when deployed correctly. And I do think it's being used correctly here.
View All Quotes

Liberals can't stand to be laughed at.  It is a direct insult to their sense of moral and intellectual superiority.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 2:50:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 2:54:12 PM EDT
[#25]
The other thing is twitter has how many millions of supposed users, yet ther analysis of bot content was based on 100 accounts. If their number is markedly under reported it is easy to make the case they were deliberately negligent in their duties to report.

Either way Twitter is going to get a colonoscopy with a sewer pipe fairly soon.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Ya think. Red pilled. Many here don’t want to believe it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:10:47 PM EDT
[#27]
This isn't confined to Twitter - Facebook, YouTube and others have huge numbers of fake accounts.  Peering into the abyss that is Twitter may shatter the whole phony advertising model touted by these social media unicorns and ultimately put massive downward pressure on markets.

I'm betting on it
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:11:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:11:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Project Veritas just dropped this on their Telegram channel!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:24:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LurchAddams] [#30]
Originally Posted By captainpooby:

That doesn't cover their ass at all if it's false and they just can't say "Oops!" if it's wrong. It's like putting out false income/expense numbers and saying "Well, they're pretty close. We think."
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By captainpooby:

Financial "income/expense numbers" are not an estimate.  They're certified by CPA's that can go to jail for certifying false numbers.  

In that text, Twitter admits the 5% number is subjective.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:27:16 PM EDT
[#31]

Elon is going to wipe out the entire staff
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:40:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lomshek] [#32]
Originally Posted By Spacejunk:

View All Quotes

They just posted a follow up of what the Project Veritas offices are like right now!  I'm trying to not fall out of my chair laughing!

Everybody stay calm! OMG it's happening!

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:45:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Twitter has 1,000+ H1B workers in San Francisco.  To stay in the USA, they'll be liberal, conservative, gay, straight, trans, or whatever Elon needs them to be.  

The engineers in that video seem to know what's coming.  If Elon takes control, their four hour workweeks are over.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:54:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Someone at Twitter has to be apoplectic that their warnings about Project Veritas are being leaked and scooped by Project Veritas. LOL.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:57:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Twitter has 1,000+ H1B workers in San Francisco.  To stay in the USA, they'll be liberal, conservative, gay, straight, trans, or whatever Elon needs them to be.  

The engineers in that video seem to know what's coming.  If Elon takes control, their four hour workweeks are over.  
View All Quotes

Ghostbusters.

“I’ve worked in the private sector. It’s scary!  They expect results!”
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 4:12:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: victorgonzales] [#37]
Originally Posted By Cataly5t:
This isn't confined to Twitter - Facebook, YouTube and others have huge numbers of fake accounts.  Peering into the abyss that is Twitter may shatter the whole phony advertising model touted by these social media unicorns and ultimately put massive downward pressure on markets.

I'm betting on it
View Quote
Worth noting.  I have multiple accounts on social media because of censorship.  I keep personal pictures and videos and things I like on my main social media accounts but I argue politics on sock accounts because these platforms like to ban people in political discussion .  If free speech was paramount on these platforms I'd only need one account
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

The problem is they lied about their estimates. If they disclose the way they “tested” the accounts and it’s consistently higher then you know they fudged the tests.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 4:21:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Thread drift ahead

I think websites lie to their customers all the time.

For example.

Go to Drudge. Watch how often the page self refreshes. Each refresh is reported as a hit on the site.

Hit add up to ad money because they charge by the site hits. You can be on Drudge less than 5 minutes and it will refresh at least 3 times.

Keep in mind. You are one user yet the report on hits. They then charge based on that, the hits.

Web companies all cheat.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 4:30:28 PM EDT
[#40]

Lol, "Pat"... That just funny to me.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 4:51:35 PM EDT
[#41]

Either act as the praetorian guard of big business, OR do your job and slice up one of the sacred cows for something that would get "the little people" destroyed.

Looks like they reeeeeaaally fucking stepped in it when the banned the Babylon Bee though, that's for sure.
View Quote

I wonder if he's deliberately putting the screws to the SEC at the same time, considering how they've treated him in the past?
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 5:05:52 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote
Get. The. Fuck. Out. Of. Here.

I heard it with my own ears.

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:25:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By ConcernedCitizen:

I wonder if he's deliberately putting the screws to the SEC at the same time, considering how they've treated him in the past?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ConcernedCitizen:

Who WOULDN'T be tempted?

"Hey crooked referee, since you like to blow whistles and throw flags a little pre-mature,
Won't you do it this time?
You know, 'just to see', like you do sometimes?
After all, just doin' yer job ya know..."
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:26:55 PM EDT
[#44]

I'm betting on it
View Quote

Aren't a lot of these companies basically resting on their stock values?
Those stock values, in part, resting on their usercounts?

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:31:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:35:26 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

I'm betting on it

Absolutely. And if any of them happen to be over leveraged…

Twitter doesn’t exactly have billions in hard, liquifyable assets.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:46:14 PM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By elcope:

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/twitter-elon-musk-spam-bots-big-tech/2022/05/17/id/1070253/

A tool created by the software company SparkToro that distinguishes real accounts from fake accounts known as “spambots,” or “bots,” found that almost half of President Joe Biden's 22.2 million Twitter followers were not real, Newsweek reported on Tuesday.

I just read that article.

People have no idea how deep of a hole these tech companies have fucking dug.

Jack "Linguini arms" Dorsey's sudden exit wasn't just because he needed a change of scenery.

Twitter has reported a less than 5% fake account ratio since 2019.  Eleven consecutive quarters.

It's simply not believable at a kindergarten statistics level.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:09:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By TacticalGarand44:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TacticalGarand44:

I'm betting on it

If Peter Thiel buys himself a platform

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:11:01 PM EDT
[#49]

Jack "Linguini arms" Dorsey's sudden exit wasn't just because he needed a change of scenery.

Twitter has reported a less than 5% fake account ratio since 2019.  Eleven consecutive quarters.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By elcope:

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/twitter-elon-musk-spam-bots-big-tech/2022/05/17/id/1070253/

A tool created by the software company SparkToro that distinguishes real accounts from fake accounts known as “spambots,” or “bots,” found that almost half of President Joe Biden's 22.2 million Twitter followers were not real, Newsweek reported on Tuesday.

That plus censorship and aiding in election fraud for at least 2 presidential elections....
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Do not disclose confidential, proprietary information, or discuss internal conversations, policies or products outside of the office.

You employ adults who have to be told not to do that?

As for the rest, if you've got nothing to hide, what are you worried about?
Page / 279
Elon Musk's Twitter/X. (Page 63 of 279)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top