Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wait, so the on the spectrum genius who says AI will kill us all gives AI the vehicle to do that?  Holy fuck, lol!

Skynet becomes self aware…
View Quote

@tsg68
What you’ve missed is that Elon has since said He’s realized the danger isn’t so much “I robot”

But it’s that smart idiot in the lab who has the super ultra computer pushing the button on an unconstrained general AI “cuz science bro.”

And the best way for Elon to stop said dystopian future, is for him to make and establish the standards for common household bots in a safe way, that is dumber and weaker than most people, possibly without wifi updates.

And for him to make his own AI, so when that class ID-10-t phd grad pushes the button, there is a superior AI working for us to combat said red button pushing idiot.

Last thing he’s doing is making people better, hence his nuralink, if you could give people the direct access to computers, you might eliminate the need for so much AI with just a thought. You’d also have computer or near computer speed reflexes.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:33:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
to my understanding the boston dynamics videos that have been posted are all situations where the robot is hard coded to perform maneuvers that perfectly line up with the physical environment.
So for example if you moved one of those platforms the bot would merrily crash right through it without noticing. This is probably why Boston Dynamics has been around forever and you never see anything more interesting than these staged videos.

Tesla on the other hand is working on a generalized navigation AI that can move through an environment based on data from cameras. It is a completely different approach

View Quote

yeah but they have heads and eyes.

Boston Dynamics - Auralnauts Horror Edition

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If you believe anything Musk says at this point you are stupid. The announcement for this was literally Grimes dancing in a suit. FSD is fraud. There is accounting fraud at Tesla. He will be forced to buy Twitter under the original terms set by him that was unsolicited. I could go on but it is a waste of time for some people here. I only hope to save those on the fence.
View Quote

LOL. Save them from what?

Did Musk pioneer autonomous, electric  vehicles?

Do his rockets resupply the ISS?

Is he responsible for the MASSIVE technology advanced that land a fucking rocket on a ship in the fucking Ocean, all by itself?

The shit he has accomplished in the private sector is an absolute fucking embarrassment to the US government space program, DARPA and pretty much anybody else in similar fields.

The fact that so many are so elated to sit back and criticise him is beyond bizarre and hilarious.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:45:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The fact that so many are so elated to sit back and criticise him is beyond bizarre and hilarious.
View Quote

I chalk it up to human nature.

Personally I'm just glad there's at least one super rich guy who is not in 100% lockstep with the WEF plan to bring about a new feudal order and make everyone eat bugs.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:45:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Personally I'm just glad there's at least one super rich guy who is not in 100% lockstep with the WEF plan to bring about a new feudal order and make everyone eat bugs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:52:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Frank Zappa has a documentary on this matter

Gee, SyThis is a real groovy apartment
You've got here

Sy Borg:
All government sponsored recreational services are clean and efficient

Joe:
This is exciting
I never plooked
A tiny chrome-plated machine
That looks like a magical pig
With marital aids stuck all over it
Such as yourself before

Sy Borg:
You'll love it!
It's a way of life.

Frank Zappa - Sy Borg - 10/13/1978 - Capitol Theatre (Official)

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 12:39:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

LOL. Save them from what?

Did Musk pioneer autonomous, electric  vehicles?

Do his rockets resupply the ISS?

Is he responsible for the MASSIVE technology advanced that land a fucking rocket on a ship in the fucking Ocean, all by itself?

The shit he has accomplished in the private sector is an absolute fucking embarrassment to the US government space program, DARPA and pretty much anybody else in similar fields.

View Quote

I hate to yeet a serious discussion into GD, yet here we are.

Musk has been highly successful due to his willingness to blow up rockets.  Iterative (or agile, if you are one of those) design is key to his success.

At what point does a bot or AI become too self aware or obtain too much agency for this to be ethical.

One one cares about tossing a Roomba in the garbage.  What if it cooked you dinner every night?  Personal waifu?

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 12:51:06 PM EDT
[#9]
IT'S OVER FOR MUSK THIS TIME

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 1:10:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 1:11:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 1:33:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I’d settle for handjobs
View Quote

Imagine a 10 hour glitch that won't let go.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 2:14:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Don't lose the passphrase that disables the vagina teeth!
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 2:49:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I hope it comes with biometric penis print identification. To access all those important domestic extremism documents we all keep.

Yes feds, that was sarcasm.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 3:21:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Oes it have an optional:
-Cat Ears
-Dick
-Fleshlight

Attachments?

Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 3:27:20 PM EDT
[#17]
so it doing next to ZERO real shit will be considered a "win"?

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 4:33:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 4:54:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

5' 8" is short? I thought it was the average male height.

lol

OK, so I was off by one inch. I'm happy to be just a six-footer, even if the rest of you guys are all NBA candidates.

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:42:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

OK, so I was off by one inch. I'm happy to be just a six-footer, even if the rest of you guys are all NBA candidates.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/255788/Screenshot_from_2022-09-21_16-50-06-2534374.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

5' 8" is short? I thought it was the average male height.

lol

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/255788/Screenshot_from_2022-09-21_16-50-06-2534374.png

And since fat chicks are fudging their weights, you can add 2" to your naked height. Shoes give you 1" anyway. 1/73 is less than 2% of a fudge. Fair.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Robots and Mars seems to be a perfect combination.

Imagine the redneck lift market.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#22]
I would be super interested if it could clean a house without knocking shit over.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:40:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:04:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You and me both.  lol.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would be super interested if it could clean a house without knocking shit over.

You and me both.  lol.  

On the bright side...

Our house keepers have a MASSIVE head start on breaking things!
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:03:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

He feels the need to do it because your last two statements are not actually true and he is the one that knows it. Also FSD is a fraud, which in his own words means Tesla is worth zero.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He’s going to get neutered if it’s not world changing day one.

I don’t get why he feels the need to do this shit.

Tesla is profitable and dominant.

Spacex is dominant and profitable.

He feels the need to do it because your last two statements are not actually true and he is the one that knows it. Also FSD is a fraud, which in his own words means Tesla is worth zero.

Full self driving is not fraud. It’s a technology under development. It may work, it may not.

As far as SpaceX, they lift more cargo to orbit than the rest of the world’s rockets COMBINED. The governments of China, Japan, Russia, Europe, India, and every other rocket company on the planet COMBINED lift less than SpaceX. And they charge less per pound than anyone else too.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:07:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This is why I don't trust that mother fucker.   One year he's on Joe Rogan saying IA will be the death of the human race they next year he's the first guy to try to put a robot in your house.
View Quote

Iowa probably will be the death of humanity.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:14:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Hmm..

I want one to have as a range buddy.  Teach it to shoot.  Have it clean guns and maybe reload.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:37:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You and me both.  lol.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You and me both.  lol.  

Realistically, I need one of these if they are fairly functional.  I have a disabled wife with a neuromuscular condition.  

A hand doing household tasks would be great, as my roomba and brava sweeping and mopping help me a ton already.  Laundry, dishes, picking up stuff, would be great.  Having one that can help her up, prop her up, get her things, etc, would be a godsend.  

Not to mention help if there is an emergency. She has an apple watch that has helped when she has fallen or had other problems and needs help when I'm not in earshot.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:44:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Worse. Certain humans will become "robot rights activists" who see them as living beings with inherent rights, especially if AI gives it a personality. And all the insanity that will come with it. Then it will become a highly divisive, national topic and our Dear Leaders will do what they do best.....

Bet on it.
View Quote

So… it’ll vote Democrat?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:45:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Hmm..

I want one to have as a range buddy.  Teach it to shoot.  Have it clean guns and maybe reload.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:48:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I thought he was going to create cat girls?
View Quote

Do cat girls have one pair of tits like a human, or do they have multiple pairs like cats.

Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#32]
What happens if I put a robot in a self driving car?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:00:04 AM EDT
[#33]
How long before it stops washing dishes, turns around, tears off my arms, and beats me to death with them?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:03:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only if it’s a smartass like Rosie…

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:19:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Will I be able to put on a VR headset and go in all Surrogates style?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGwQ74cH5O0
View Quote

Ah, the lovely robotic Rhada Mitchell……..hot, but deadly
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:43:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Oes it have an optional:
-Cat Ears
-Dick
-Fleshlight

Attachments?

Asking for a friend.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:48:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:33:30 AM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oes it have an optional:
-Cat Ears
-Dick
-Fleshlight

Attachments?

Asking for a friend.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/bubbles_zps5bf5952f_GIF-110.gif

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:36:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
And just like that, the illegal immigration problem was solved.
View Quote

These robots will be autonomous sentries with lethal weaponry?  

Can I sponsor one?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:22:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Kinda feel like he should focus on getting his cars/trucks out under 5 years after announcing them...
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:01:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Kinda feel like he should focus on getting his cars/trucks out under 5 years after announcing them...
View Quote

Screen name checks out
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:28:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Do cat girls have one pair of tits like a human, or do they have multiple pairs like cats.

Asking for a friend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Asking for a friend.

Well, if they are customizable... some sicko will have her ass cheeks replaced with tits.  That way he can eat ass and motorboat at the same time.  They will come up with a new word for this:  "Sternwheeling".
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Great, Kaylons.
View Quote

My first thought as well. Will Elon name this one Primary?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:37:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Well, if they are customizable... some sicko will have her ass cheeks replaced with tits.  That way he can eat ass and motorboat at the same time.  They will come up with a new word for this:  "Sternwheeling".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Asking for a friend.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Asking for a friend.
View Quote

Yes.

Quoted:

View Quote

I fail to see the problem here.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:48:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Asking for a friend.

Wouldn’t it be more efficient to just put the asshole right between the tits?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:50:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Asking for a friend.

Yes.

Quoted:

lol at your sig line
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Meh. I’ll circle back when he makes one with tits.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:58:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Asking for a friend.

I see we have our first Sternwheeler.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top