Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd love to see the stats of the perp's race for all of the car jackings/thefts in Minneapolis over the last year.
View Quote

I am told it is predominantly white supremacists. The same ones who rioted after George Floyd and burned down a sizable majority of the commercial heart out of the city.

The guys who were filmed outside the Uptown McDonalds firing AR's into the air and then robbing/stealing cars were undercover white supremacists.

The only redeeming quality about being in Minneapolis is that you can basically do whatever the fuck you want without repercussion. Ever wanted to play real-life GTA? Minneapolis awaits!
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:02:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Like the stereotype that pit bulls kill more than other dogs, or that VW makes unreliable cars. People just make shit up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How do stereotypes start?

Like the stereotype that pit bulls kill more than other dogs, or that VW makes unreliable cars. People just make shit up.

Both of those are true
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:03:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe they shouldn't behave in such a matter to deserve it.  We prefer mulligans. And I'm not a big fan of tipping either. Not my responsibility to make up for their shitty wages. Will not leave more than 10 % and don't like that.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:05:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Interesting. I didn’t know they tipped so poorly.
View Quote

They don't tip at all.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:05:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh, yoo fahnee, roundeye.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:05:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Well the main stream media uses the code name “teens” and no one bats an eye.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:07:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Key words are "used to work there"....so if it was such an outrage why didn't she come out while she still worked there? Yet when she was on the payroll it was not an issue.

Very safe virtue signal.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:07:13 PM EDT
[#8]
When I was in high school I worked summers in a snack bar with 3 customer windows, A,B and C.  We didn't have code words for blacks but we sure did for hot females.  Best score they could get was 28 for some reason and whoever was at the window would call out "28 A" to let the rest of know we should drop what we were doing and get up to window A asap.  Kids.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:10:06 PM EDT
[#9]
My mother in law used to cuss Canadians, the real Canadians. She lived in Florida and said the snowbirds would rip off all the sugar packets, napkins, and condiments at the restaurants.

re: tipping My daughter waitressed several summers while in college. Very few blacks, but she was down on a certain religious sect whose women were identifiable. Poor tippers and they'd bring their own deserts to chow down on.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:10:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I knew it was gonna be Canadians
View Quote

Me too. It's funny because it's true.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:10:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I’ve got some news for all these outraged people complaining about an informal code among employees:

THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT has a code for various ethnic groups.

Under EEO rules, people of African-American decent are coded “#2”

Other ethnicities are coded with their own numbers.

THE HORROR!!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I guess they knew that using " Amish" was no longer an option after surfing though this forum
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:11:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What’s the name of this place?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Big deal. You should of heard the way the management and wait staff talked to my wife and family at a “Blacks Only” chain Resturant outside of New Orleans. The Black manager asked us to leave.

It was back in the mid 90’s and was the areas version of Denny’s. I don’t recall the name of the place right now.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:11:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Want to change people’s perception of you, change your culture.
View Quote

That’s racccccccciiiiiissssssssssss!
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:12:06 PM EDT
[#15]
"Bitchy," "non-tippers"?  That's what black servers will tell you about black customers. They don't even want to serve tables with black customers from everything I've heard.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:13:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It was back in the mid 90’s and was the areas version of Denny’s. I don’t recall the name of the place right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Big deal. You should of heard the way the management and wait staff talked to my wife and family at a “Blacks Only” chain Resturant outside of New Orleans. The Black manager asked us to leave.

Sambos
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#17]
I was introduced to the term by a super lib that also happens to be the most racist person I’ve ever met.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:13:59 PM EDT
[#18]
My take is the Black folks don’t want to associated with Canadians.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL….no
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:16:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Maybe they shouldn't behave in such a matter to deserve it.  We prefer mulligans. And I'm not a big fan of tipping either. Not my responsibility to make up for their shitty wages. Will not leave more than 10 % and don't like that.
View Quote

Every time, this fucking place. Jesus.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:16:38 PM EDT
[#21]
I predict MODS banning members for the use of this new "code" word.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Stereotypes wouldn't exist if they weren't generally accurate
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:18:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Never heard that one before to be honest, but I only worked in the restaurant industry for a few months when I was 16.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:19:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I was in a Outback in Florida when a large group of black people came in but they did not wanted to be seated together.

Long story short the hostess got involved and forced them to all sit together and put a 18% tip on the bill because the wait staff who were both black and Spanish said if you don’t charge the 18% they will stiff us on the tip.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:20:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, Im sure that's it.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:20:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:21:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My mother in law used to cuss Canadians, the real Canadians. She lived in Florida and said the snowbirds would rip off all the sugar packets, napkins, and condiments at the restaurants.
View Quote

Yeah, the term "Canadian"  referred to actual Canadians, for a reason.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:23:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
My friends that worked as servers introduced me to the term "spoda."

As in they don't know they "spoda" tip.

Used in a sentence, "I just got seated with a big party of Spodas."
View Quote

Yep.  Heard this many times during my service industry career…
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:23:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Pretending other races dont have codes for other races is racist
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:23:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
My take is the Black folks don’t want to associated with Canadians.
View Quote

Why because Canadians actually work at making a living?
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:23:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:26:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I was just there this morning. Good food, cheap, peppy older diner lady vibe from the waitress.
View Quote

For me it’s the McChicken…
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:26:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Guess that easier than saying loud, messy, obnoxious and no tip person.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:30:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Lol, what the fuck ever. Took a trip down to Florida, stopped in Atlanta at Gladys Knight's Chicken & Waffles. Had 6 kids with us, including the twins so they sat us in this booth and forgot about us for about an hour besides the pile of crackers the hostess brought to us. We finally got the server to take our order, some more crackers. Another hour later, asking where our food was, another pile of crackers. Waited even longer, more crackers, then finally got the food. We let the twins demolish all the "crackers" all over the table and carpet, then didn't tip shit.

Fuck them and their "crackers"
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:32:17 PM EDT
[#36]
She said some day I'd understand

What love was all about

She said I could have the kids

She was movin' out ...

-Canadians by David Allen Coe-

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#37]
I worked at a restaurant once that referred to them as Mondays. Nothing new.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:38:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I knew it was gonna be Canadians
View Quote

Yep.  Actual Canadians don't tip and neither do "Canadians."
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:41:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
She said some day I'd understand

What love was all about

She said I could have the kids

She was movin' out ...

-Canadians by David Allen Coe-

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'd say that this could be the tipping point, but Canadians don't tip.
View Quote

This. They don't tip. The Canadian government already adds a tip by percentage to your bill.  

People who work as waiters near the border don't like getting Canadian customers.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:46:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
FOH used it bc they were the ones getting fucked by the 'Canadians'. BOH were more familiar with the Spanish offensive terms
View Quote
Conquistadors?

Inquisitors?

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:48:13 PM EDT
[#42]
LE has been using that term for years until it became news. That’s pretty tame, I have heard some much more creative and insulting ones that sound innocent unless you know.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:50:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Must be a FOH thing. I worked there off an on for 3 years, mostly as a Sunday morning church crowd mercenary cook. Never heard that in BOH.
View Quote

I also worked at Cracker Barrel for about 3 years and I never heard that term used.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:50:57 PM EDT
[#44]
just wait until that bimbo finds out about black\white and color tv.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:52:18 PM EDT
[#45]
I bet the author would love to know what the privately owned gun stores refer to “them” as.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:52:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I was introduced to the term by a super lib that also happens to be the most racist person I’ve ever met.
View Quote

I hate to be "That Guy" for you but liberals are uniformly the most racist people in the world.

They even beat Asians.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:52:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
IME, blacks tend to treat anyone waiting on them in any type of customer service capacity like shit, even if they're being waited on by other blacks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The black waitstaff used to make comments about how the black customers treated them like "house...", well you know the rest.
IME, blacks tend to treat anyone waiting on them in any type of customer service capacity like shit, even if they're being waited on by other blacks.

From what I've seen they max their animal instincts with Asian wait staff.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:55:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
How do stereotypes start?
View Quote

Not a stereotype if it is true
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I hate to be "That Guy" for you but liberals are uniformly the most racist people in the world.

They even beat Asians.
View Quote
arfcom tells me that it's usually Canadians that are beating Asians.  

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:00:14 PM EDT
[#50]
I have never worked in the restaurant business, but I've heard the 'canadian' term along with 'mondays' for decades. Even in the trades, both are used.

It's fine to be called 'crackers' or 'honkies' but God forbid anybody has a term for the opposition. Horrors!

I know a person works at the United Center, where the NBA/NHL teams play in Chicago. The ex-Bull Scotty Pippen is called "No-tippin' Pippen" by the workers there.

The guy's a multi-millionaire from his playing days, and he tips nobody regardless of pigmentation.

Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top