BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DDiggler:
So if you’re angry at the multi decade decline in wages, you’re a marginal American??
View Quote

Learn to code
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:43:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By runcible:
Make sure to look them right in the eye.

Are you being facetious?
View Quote

No. Clearly the solution to a problem caused by the government is even more government.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I know a few Haitians that are collecting government checks and sending it back to Haiti.  Apparently a few thousand dollars can buy a helluva house back there.  They do not want their family here because of the rampant drugs, gay, and trans shit.  They feel the USA is too dangerous to raise a family.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:46:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By unreformed66:

That was a damn good wage in 1983. Run it through the inflation calculator and it comes out to $38.20 in 2024 dollars. Plus I'm sure they weren't paying taxes. I was working for a lot less and was happy because it was more than minimum wage which was $3.35 an hour.
View Quote

What a LOT of people don't get is the costs of regulations down to the most mundane of jobs. I agree that "day labor" types of job are hard to find quality people, as the complexity of work and responsibilities grow that's where things get dramatically different.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:46:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
My moms maid from Ethiopia is pretty awesome.

And in shape and attractive, however she has been here for several years.

Talk about having a clean house, she is awesome.
View Quote

We all know awesome individuals.

But in large groups something happens.

Will you send your children to a majority Haitian school district?

All public parks, schools and neighborhoods become unusable after the replacement.  

Like it or not, that is the reality of it.

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:46:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Ecarl4100:
Everyone wants cheap labor. Illegal or not. Whether Arfcommers want cheap housekeepers, au pairs, babysitters, maids, yard men, or companies want cheap factory workers.
View Quote

This.  Your Chamber of Commerce types are a pro-illegal alien as your liberal activists and religious charities.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:46:41 AM EDT
[#7]
He probably isn't wrong  about them being better workers than Americans.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:52:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By treelow:

“Our Haitian associates come to work every day. They don’t have a drug problem. They’ll stay at their machine. They’ll achieve their numbers. They are here to work. And so in general, that’s a stark difference from what we’re used to in our community.”

To be fair, he probably isn’t wrong…

Way too many of our fellow Americans are lazy fucks that don’t want to work and/or are strung out on dope.
View Quote

I agree. People don't want to work. I can't get people to show up 5 days a week, every week.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:52:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
Not sure how hard Haitians work, but I know two crews now running a lot of Hispanics and they want more of them.

Unfortunately, they'll work most white guys right under the table all day long and show up the next day with a smile on their face.
View Quote

BULLSHIT ! I watch the Hispanic workers that do lawn care at my place of employment.  They wait for the white guy who drops them off to leave than its fuck off time.  Ive also seen crews of hispanic roofers do the same thing when the person in charge leaves the job site . For the most part they arent any better than anyone else.  Employers only like them because they can get away with paying them less . Everyone of those assholes needs to be deported post haste.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:53:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By kcolg30:
Are they being hired as pet groomers and dog walkers?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:55:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Rebel31:

These people are used to living on a couple dollars a day. Maybe less. Of course they'll work for far cheaper than Americans can.

These people will live 10 to an apartment and make no mistake they know the welfare system and how to get free shit better than most citizens.

See the thread about car accidents and illegals. They give zero fucks about driving around with no insurance, no license, and no registration. Living like a responsible person takes money that illegals don't give a shit about.
View Quote

This is true, when business owners bemoan how 'Americans' are too expensive they fail to connect the dots as they're only looking out for their pocket book. This is where Marx was right, the last Capitalist will sell them the rope to be hung with. What you're supposed to do to become "more competitive" is shack up with 2-3 other families, eat cheap food and reset your overall lifestyle.

Essentially the US standard of living is being dragged kicking and screaming into the 3rd world. The goal is for the middle-class to essentially be eliminated, you will have the have and have-nots.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 11:57:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:
The larger problem is that we're paying people to sit at home, not work, and get fat and unhealthy. So paying them to not only subsist, but to become a burden in many other ways. Which in turn goes into opiate and other addiction issues. Which in turn goes into crime issues.

The only way to turn it around is to stop paying people to sit at home. Everyone is fucking disabled. No you're not disabled. Fuck you. Go work.
View Quote

"Disability" is the new welfare.  The federal government spends more on payments for disabled former workers than it spends on food stamps and welfare combined.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:03:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By flcroc:

I get what you're saying, but there's a whole lot of small businesses that can't "just up their wages" because their competition down the street will hold tight and end up with all of the market. Living that right now...need to hire help but can't up my prices enough to cover it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rob78:
I've had multiple manufacturers ask me to help facilitate a pipeline for migrant talent.

Post-covid, lots of workers retired early, lots of workers learned to work for cash under the table, some sell drugs, a small number sponge off parents.  

We don't have the birthrate to replace them.

Some employers have refused to up their base pay or publicize and type of performance incentive.  Their work environment and culture sucks. These employers, by and large, are the ones contacting me about H1 and H2B workers.  

We absolutely DO have a labor issue in this country.  Many of these younger workers ARE soft as butter, anxiety-ridden, pussies. We also have an employer issue when they refuse to even be marginally competitive with wages or consider that their dark, loud, dirty work environment could be improved.

It's all so.tiresome.

I get what you're saying, but there's a whole lot of small businesses that can't "just up their wages" because their competition down the street will hold tight and end up with all of the market. Living that right now...need to hire help but can't up my prices enough to cover it.

I get it and I understand.  Not everyone's margins support base pay increases.

Here are some options:

-Flexible work hours (highly dependent on the quality of employees you currently have).  In production, this could mean 3 12's and a 4hr half day shift.  
-Lunch provided to all employees once a week.  Buy a smoker and large grill, cook burgers/chicken/etc for your employees one day a week.
-Incentivizing performance needs to happen.  Unless you like poor retention rates and loss of talent, you need to find a way to make it work.  Bonuses are cheaper, but have less impact as raises.
-Improve conditions inside the facility.  Maybe you can't afford HVAC, but you can afford to replace/add lighting, you could afford to brighten up work areas with new paint.  
-Offer on the job training for solid employees with a pay increase if performance merits it.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:05:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By DubyaB:

Are they second generation here or new illegals.
View Quote

Its a mix of both… It almost seems like an age thing, the younger guys just dont have it. I have a 62 year old that is the energizer bunny. Guy keeps going & going. The rest wont be invited back next spring…
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:07:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By NATIONALIST:

BULLSHIT ! I watch the Hispanic workers that do lawn care at my place of employment.  They wait for the white guy who drops them off to leave than its fuck off time.  Ive also seen crews of hispanic roofers do the same thing when the person in charge leaves the job site . For the most part they arent any better than anyone else.  Employers only like them because they can get away with paying them less . Everyone of those assholes needs to be deported post haste.
View All Quotes
Not sure how hard Haitians work, but I know two crews now running a lot of Hispanics and they want more of them.

Unfortunately, they'll work most white guys right under the table all day long and show up the next day with a smile on their face.

Well, your Mexicans suck in Virginia.

Here they'll outwork anybody.

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:09:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

This.  Your Chamber of Commerce types are a pro-illegal alien as your liberal activists and religious charities.
View All Quotes
Everyone wants cheap labor. Illegal or not. Whether Arfcommers want cheap housekeepers, au pairs, babysitters, maids, yard men, or companies want cheap factory workers.

Hey, don't leave out conservative company owners, company presidents, and plant managers.

You guys are crazy if you believe this is purely government and liberals.  It isn't at all.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Jambalaya:

There's an old saying, "Everyone has a price".  Employers aren't meeting Americans' price.  So instead of finding a way to attract American workers, they are price shopping for 3rd world workers with low expectations.

But then these same businesses cry "Buy American!" while refusing to do the same where employees are concerned.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jambalaya:
I've had multiple manufacturers ask me to help facilitate a pipeline for migrant talent.

Post-covid, lots of workers retired early, lots of workers learned to work for cash under the table, some sell drugs, a small number sponge off parents.  

Some employers have refused to up their base pay or publicize and type of performance incentive.  Their work environment and culture sucks. These employers, by and large, are the ones contacting me about H1 and H2B workers.  

We absolutely DO have a labor issue in this country.  Many of these younger workers ARE soft as butter, anxiety-ridden, pussies. We also have an employer issue when they refuse to even be marginally competitive with wages or consider that their dark, loud, dirty work environment could be improved.

It's all so.tiresome.

There's an old saying, "Everyone has a price".  Employers aren't meeting Americans' price.  So instead of finding a way to attract American workers, they are price shopping for 3rd world workers with low expectations.

But then these same businesses cry "Buy American!" while refusing to do the same where employees are concerned.

There's plenty of blame to go around.

ARFCOM does love blanket generalizations and a lone "boogie man".  It isn't that simple.

Some employers could do more.  If WalMart is paying someone $15/hr plus full benefits to stock shelves; why would I go work in a dingy/dirty/loud/ dark manufacturing environment for the same pay?

There's also no getting around that much of the current labor force sucks.  They want to work only when they want to work.  They crumble in the face of any criticism. Absolutely cannot adapt to change.  

There's a lot of problems to address.  The declining birth rate is one not easily rectified.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:19:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By HKPDW:
Half of America voted for it.  Let’s see how they feel standing in the unemployment line…
View Quote

The illegal problem will solve itself when the house of cards falls.  Coming sooner than you think.  Until then, though, we're still way too fat and happy.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:21:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Bronsonburner:

The illegal problem will solve itself when the house of cards falls.  Coming sooner than you think.  Until then, though, we're still way too fat and happy.
View Quote
 Thursday night football!
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#20]

“Our Haitian associates come to work every day. They don’t have a drug problem. They’ll stay at their machine. They’ll achieve their numbers. They are here to work. And so in general, that’s a stark difference from what we’re used to in our community.”

Way too many of our fellow Americans are lazy fucks that don’t want to work and/or are strung out on dope.
View Quote

I wonder what the pay / benefits are like?

Are they paying federal minimum wage (what's that, $7 or $8)?  I mean, nobody wants to work for that when Taco Bell or Walmart starts at almost $20.

OTOH, even if they do start at $20.... like other posters have said, there's really not much motivation for people to work these days. Too many available benefits :(
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:31:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bronsonburner] [#21]

"Disability" is the new welfare.  The federal government spends more on payments for disabled former workers than it spends on food stamps and welfare combined.
View Quote

I work in a hospital.  In 27 years I have never seen so many supposedly "disabled" working-age people.  I quit asking the casual conversation question "what do you do?"  A while ago.  Majority of the responses are "I'm disabled".    We

Are

So

Fucked

ETA: And most of those people are prescription opiate addicts as well.  I'm starting to feel stupid by continuing to play this charade of being a productive American citizen.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:33:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Spaceboy:
Replacement theory is just a conspiracy right?
View Quote

At this point it's fact
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:34:51 PM EDT
[#23]
At this point we deserve what we tolerate.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:36:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By MtnMusic:

Are they paying federal minimum wage (what's that, $7 or $8)?  I mean, nobody wants to work for that when Taco Bell or Walmart starts at almost $20.

OTOH, even if they do start at $20.... like other posters have said, there's really not much motivation for people to work these days. Too many available benefits :(
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MtnMusic:

If they're legal, they MUST be paid the prevailing wage at the company.  They have to be offered the same pay and benefits.

The max benefits for a Tennessee family is one of the lowest in the nation at ~$31,000/year, but that would require children as well.  Some states (NE primarily) offer more in free benefits than I make annually...
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:37:04 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Bingo. You have just described the immigration-industrial complex where the well payed few profit from the pain inflicted on we the many.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:37:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By jmt1271:
At this point we deserve what we tolerate.
View Quote

I've been thinking this for a while now.  At the root of it all, it IS our fault in a way.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:38:39 PM EDT
[#27]

I work in a hospital.  In 27 years I have never seen so many supposedly "disabled" working-age people.  I quit asking the casual conversation question "what do you do?"  A while ago.  Majority of the responses are "I'm disabled".    We

Are

So

Fucked

ETA: And most of those people are prescription opiate addicts as well.  I'm starting to feel stupid by continuing to play this charade of being a productive American citizen.
View All Quotes

Are

So

Fucked

There's a cottage industry for filing worker comp claims, FMLA, and SSDI.  I met a lady in the mountains of East TN who made a very good living helping degenerates get their benefits.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 1:02:33 PM EDT
[#28]
The "Elites" hate you, remember that and it all makes sense.
They want a county where the roads are traffic free for them and only they can enjoy a steak dinner.
The brainwashing has already commenced, look at the people saying how great it was in the Soviet Union because you got free housing.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By kcolg30:
Are they being hired as pet groomers and dog walkers?
View Quote

LMAO! That’s great. They will Wok your dog for ya.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 1:14:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bronsonburner] [#30]

Originally Posted By motoguzzi:
The "Elites" hate you, remember that and it all makes sense.
They want a county where the roads are traffic free for them and only they can enjoy a steak dinner.
The brainwashing has already commenced, look at the people saying how great it was in the Soviet Union because you got free housing.
View Quote

If you put much thought at all into trying to figure out the twisted path that got us here, there can really be no other explanation.  If they would allow Trump to win this election, he may be able help.  I believe that Trump either was at one time, or was asked to join, the "inner circle", and he either left them, or refused to participate.  Now he knows what they are up to, and they absolutely cannot allow him to win the presidency.  

Ten years ago I would have thought myself paranoid for having such thoughts.  Now, with every day, I am more convinced that I am right.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 1:30:27 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Yep. Dumbasses have gone scalping and killing St. Augustine yards all through my AO. Its beyond their comprehension that St. Augustine can't be cut too short. They also can't figure out that it is professional to make a couple passes with their zero-turn chutes blowing in direction away from neighboring yards....they constantly blow grass and weed clippings on my yard and in my flowerbeds. I am having to double time with the herbicides because of it.

Seen a ton of roofs having to be repaired and in some cases completely redone short after being done by Hispanic crews in my AO too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 1:38:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By AR15Texan:

And all that you mention can be taught in about 5-minutes.  How to carry stuff, like what?  Give an example where someone needs to be taught how to carry something from a truck.
View Quote

Someone hasn't worked construction. That's why I stayyed in shcuule and learnt to code. Or they work 2 weeks, ow my back, gets them bennies from being hurt on the job even though insurance catches them doign stuff they shouldn't, they pay them bennies. Or axe for 2 weeks advance after working 2 weeks, never comes back.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:00:14 PM EDT
[#33]
If trump had an ounce of political skill he'd reference this every time a liberal laughed about black jobs.

What are black jobs?  They are all the jobs black people in liberal cities used to have before they brought in millions of immigrants to do them for less money.

I'd hammer on this daily instead of the crime angle.  Turn black Americans against immigration and youl win a lot of swing states
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:01:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Drsalee:
I know a few Haitians that are collecting government checks and sending it back to Haiti.  Apparently a few thousand dollars can buy a helluva house back there.  They do not want their family here because of the rampant drugs, gay, and trans shit.  They feel the USA is too dangerous to raise a family.
View Quote

Idonbelevit.jpg
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:35:41 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

It's all so.tiresome.

If you can't afford to pay what employees demand, either just take on work you can do on your own, or maybe your business isn't sustainable.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:36:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheKill] [#36]
While I 100% disagree with importing foreigners from third world cultures en masse for ANY reason...............do you think if more Americans were willing to actually work, it would reduce the corporate demand for such imports?
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:39:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Wolverine1776:

If you can't afford to pay what employees demand, either just take on work you can do on your own, or maybe your business isn't sustainable.
View All Quotes

It's all so.tiresome.

Or just do away with welfare and then the employees can either demand less or starve.

Wages are inflated because people get paid so much not to work.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By 999monkeys:

Or just do away with welfare and then the employees can either demand less or starve.

View All Quotes

It's all so.tiresome.

Depends on the state.  In Tennessee, you're going to max out at ~$31,000/yr on the free bennies; this requires children in the home as well.  This isn't cash money either, it's the value of public housing, TennCare, any other benefits, and EBT.

So you're either truly disabled or a complete degenerate who doesn't mind living in squalor.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

We used to have a pretty good native population for those cheap labor jobs.

Then Lyndon Johnson's great society came along and stuck all those people on welfare, and Ted Kennedy's 1965 immigration bill opened our borders to the third world.

Then Purdue Pharma flooded our neighborhoods with pain killers and killed what was left of America's working class.

And now the only solution being offered is to replace American's with foreigners.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:55:57 PM EDT
[#40]
I would boycott any business doing that in my area.

There is a class of people I like to call the Locust Class.  They are the wealthy who driven entirely by selfish greed and that includes the desire to virtue signal.  They will decimate an area in a heart beat or even an entire nation if it results in added money in their pocket then simply relocate or move somewhere else.   I have watched this Locust Class my entire life in Michigan simply pick-up and relocate farther out into the country side everytime their actions lead to the inevitable collapse of their communities.   It's why we have suburbs of suburbs of suburbs in Michigan and massive urban sprawl in the Detroit area.  

Unfortunately, the Locust Class is also the Donor Class in politics.  They are the only ones with representation in our government and the more powerful of them essentially control the media through their influence via ad revenue or outright ownership of it.

You will know when you have the Locust Class in your area, initially things will improve until they hit a peak of gentrification then rapidly slide into Hell.   Before you know it your home is worth nothing and the Locust Class has already built their latest house in the next county over.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 3:00:12 PM EDT
[#41]

Are

So

Fucked

View All Quotes

Are

So

Fucked

These new arrivals will be playing that game soon enough.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By TheKill:
While I 100% disagree with importing foreigners from third world cultures en masse for ANY reason...............do you think if more white Americans were willing to actually work, it would reduce the corporate demand for such imports?
View Quote

No. These companies want to hire people as cheaply as they can and the wages a lot of businesses offer isn't enough to sustain American citizens especially with the inflation we've gone through in the past 3 years.

Like I said earlier in the thread Americans who actually live responsibly can't compete with illegals that live 8-10 to an apartment, don't have a license/insurance/tags, don't pay for health insurance, and milk the system for all they can.

On top of that how many businesses are actually paying the taxes on these people? There's a big difference between paying someone $25/hr with benefits vs. $15/hr with no payroll taxes or benefits.

Illegals are moving into more and more job sectors. It's not just the shit Americans don't want to do like lawn care or roofing.

Take a look at labor force participation rates. It's actually higher now than in 1960 when families often survived on a single income. A lot more women work now than did back then.

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 3:05:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Boeing taking notice.  Lock up your kitties
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 3:22:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Have we factored in avocado toast yet?
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 3:27:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ernesto556] [#45]
Well, I left out the rest of the story about how "hours" were calculated by the Boss.  

Hourly wages began when we got to the first job.  In Houston, that easily can be 45 to an hour after they arrived at work.  Same on the back end.  Wages ended when we left the last job site.  Again, an easy hour or more in the truck getting back to the shop.  Then, another 20 or 30 minutes unloading the trailer and securing it.  Stop to gas up the truck and the gas cans, more time lost.  

Since he did not pay any of us overtime, the net effect was a lower effective hourly wage.  Still, it was good money for the times, and I was paid the exact same way and the same hourly rate.  

And, it was hard work.  Outside, all day, in the Summer, in Houston.  Bunch of work on Corp. campus sort of settings with zero shade, and a zillion miles of sidewalks and grass islands in parking lots to be weed wacked.  Tons of cutting with push mowers.  Weeding endless flower beds, or even worse, on your knees planting seasonal "color."  

The worst was post Hurricane clean up.  Two weeks on Corp. campus settings picking up glass shards from the lawns.  Bend over, pull up shards, take a step, bend over, pick up shards.  All day long.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Rebel31:

No. These companies want to hire people as cheaply as they can and the wages a lot of businesses offer isn't enough to sustain American citizens especially with the inflation we've gone through in the past 3 years.

Like I said earlier in the thread Americans who actually live responsibly can't compete with illegals that live 8-10 to an apartment, don't have a license/insurance/tags, don't pay for health insurance, and milk the system for all they can.

On top of that how many businesses are actually paying the taxes on these people? There's a big difference between paying someone $25/hr with benefits vs. $15/hr with no payroll taxes or benefits.

Illegals are moving into more and more job sectors. It's not just the shit Americans don't want to do like lawn care or roofing.

Take a look at labor force participation rates. It's actually higher now than in 1960 when families often survived on a single income. A lot more women work now than did back then.

View Quote

What's wrong with you OP, you can't pull yourself up on your own bootstraps or you've become to inflated on your own self-worth. Seriously, this is absolutely the truth in that "work American's don't want to do" doesn't really tell the whole story. This is all about just how cheap a business can hire someone so they can maximize their profits and Uncle Sam is the pimp here. The average worker is being squeezed on the high-end by H1's and on the low-end by illegals willing to work under the table for nothing.

If you really wanted to fix this issue while we're all bitching at the amount of benny's people are getting making them choose to be lazy, no one is offering to cut taxes and regulations allowing for a lower cost of living. If healthcare, housing, food, energy, etc wasn't exploding in costs, perhaps Joe Q. Public wouldn't be demanding a raise or 80K for that factory job. As with everything, there's multiple problems that require multiple solutions but of course we all have to have some "boogeyman" to blame.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 3:32:42 PM EDT
[#47]

Depends on the state.  In Tennessee, you're going to max out at ~$31,000/yr on the free bennies; this requires children in the home as well.  This isn't cash money either, it's the value of public housing, TennCare, any other benefits, and EBT.

So you're either truly disabled or a complete degenerate who doesn't mind living in squalor.
View All Quotes

It's all so.tiresome.

I’m sure you’re right, and I answered too quickly.

But I am at a loss for understanding how so many people choose not to work these days . How do they survive?  
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 3:34:32 PM EDT
[#48]
FPNI

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 3:34:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: runcible] [#49]
Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:
"the immigration-industrial complex"
View Quote
That describes it perfectly.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 3:35:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By DMFOTNM:

We used to have a pretty good native population for those cheap labor jobs.

Then Lyndon Johnson's great society came along and stuck all those people on welfare, and Ted Kennedy's 1965 immigration bill opened our borders to the third world.

Then Purdue Pharma flooded our neighborhoods with pain killers and killed what was left of America's working class.

And now the only solution being offered is to replace American's with foreigners.
View Quote

We've almost completely squeezed out the teenage worker out of existence. Buffy and Brad used to be doing a lot of these 'hourly' jobs after school, nights and weekends but we've pretty much run them out in favor of the migrant. Still how many bitch about how weak, lazy or pathetic kids are today but will hire Juan in a heartbeat because he'll work an inch of his life for nothing.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top