Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/2/2022 3:14:40 PM EDT
This is stupidest plan ever.  
- They're trying to punish Russia for invading Ukraine, and limit Russia's cash supplies.  
- India and China say they're gonna continue buying all the Russian oil they want.  

The EU says they're going to buy Russian oil, but cap the price at $60/barrel.  
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/02/russia-oil-price-cap-g-7-outline-how-it-is-going-to-work.html
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:17:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure they'd love to buy at $60/bbl. In fact I'm sure everyone would love to buy at that price.

I wonder what happens when the price is so artificially low that everyone wants to buy the same item...

Oh yeah that's right, they won't want to sell at that price and there will be a shortage as Russia sells at full price to China and India.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:18:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Question is will Putin sell at that price?
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:19:21 PM EDT
[#3]
It’s that or face an energy crisis and rioting peasants.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Put a 30% tariff on imports from countries buying Russian oil & gas, and put it in a fund to pay for US support for Ukraine.  Win/win.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:20:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Madness. Madness and stupidity.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:20:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Winter is coming
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm going to Costco this afternoon.  
Based on this, I'll just tell the Costco cashier that I'm only gonna pay $25 for a bottle of tequila, because I think that's the fair price.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Based on this, I'll just tell the Costco cashier that I'm only gonna pay $25 for a bottle of tequila, because I think that's the fair price.  
View Quote

Does not much of the world still haggle?
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:28:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Lmaooooooooooo

Goes to show you how fucking stupid those leaders are
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:31:00 PM EDT
[#10]
fuck Europe

Let Russia conquer them all
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:35:15 PM EDT
[#11]
'We find your actions morally repugnant, but will look the other way for a 20% discount.'
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:36:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll pay my taxes, but Im going to set a price cap of $300 a year.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:36:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link   "According to Bloomberg, China and India are currently buying Russia's flagship Urals crude oil at a massive $33.28 discount to Brent"  Urals is usually just a few dollars behind Brent.  Brent today is $86.44, with sanction busting discount China and India pay about $53.16 today

Link   (2019) "The cost of producing a single barrel of Brent crude oil came in at around $42 for Russian onshore projects, and $44 for offshore projects, IHS Markit estimated."  And I bet that's gone up a fair bit

Without sanctions and at $42 to produce profit would be = $44 ish
After Euro price cap of $60 profit = $18 (reduced 60%)
Sold to China/India after sanction busting discount profit = $11 (reduced 75%)

Russian oil export volume is down a smidge in 2022, so by all measures they are losing a huge amount of net income and a much larger percentage of gross profit
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:38:23 PM EDT
[#14]
While they try to spin it as punishment for Russia, the world immediately recognizes that this is a symptom of a Europe that is so utterly fucked that they are willing to give money to a man who is openly attempting to invade their continent.

I think Poland should invade Germany and kick their silly asses just on principal.

These dumb fucks deserve to be cold and dark.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:39:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Link   "According to Bloomberg, China and India are currently buying Russia's flagship Urals crude oil at a massive $33.28 discount to Brent"  Urals is usually just a few dollars behind Brent.  Brent today is $86.44, with sanction busting discount China and India pay about $53.16 today

Link   (2019) "The cost of producing a single barrel of Brent crude oil came in at around $42 for Russian onshore projects, and $44 for offshore projects, IHS Markit estimated."  And I bet that's gone up a fair bit

Russian oil export volume is down a smidge in 2022, so by all measures they are losing a huge amount of net income and a much larger percentage of gross profit
View Quote

With everyone bailing, I bet it is much higher, and they have issues as well. Tech and parts.
Edit: Those fucking pussies should start sucking more oil out of the north sea field. Cocksuckers.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:39:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:41:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
- They're trying to punish Russia for invading Ukraine, and limit Russia's cash supplies.  
- India and China say they're gonna continue buying all the Russian oil they want.  

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/02/russia-oil-price-cap-g-7-outline-how-it-is-going-to-work.html
View Quote

That's as lame as dementia joe saying he will refill the strategic reserve at $70 a barrel.  

Who the hell will sell at $70 a barrel anytime soon?
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:42:24 PM EDT
[#18]
The only way to offset this is for the usa to send another 100 billion to Ukraine ASAP.
We will fix Europe yet
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:42:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL this.

Did you guys actually think Xi wouldn't take this opportunity to bend Russia over?
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:44:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Lets get in on this deal too.  I need some $2/gal heating oil for my house.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:45:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Guess Europe isn’t that mad about the whole invading Ukraine thing.

That explains why we’re footing most of the bill for the war.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:46:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Once again the USA cares more about European security than the Europeans.

At a certain point you have to ask, why do we bother?

The EU will NOT match US funding to Ukraine, which is about $100 billion now in total.  The EU will not purchase oil from other places either thereby funding the Russian war machine that we U.S. taxy payers are paying money from our hard labor to help defeat.  

So, we put money into Ukraine to fight Russia.  Europeans put money into Russia at the same time.  That sounds like a recipe for NEVER ENDING CONFLICT!  That is though EXACTLY what the elite want to line their pockets off the misery of the low and middle class and the blood of tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands.

Some insidious and evil people in this world folks. The depravity and greed of the elites is limitless now that to a man and woman none of them believe in God anymore.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:46:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Buying oil from your enemy is all fun and games until a friend starts sinking/blowing up those oil shipments.

Enemy supply convoys are legit targets regardless of destination
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:48:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Buying oil from your enemy is all fun and games until a friend starts sinking/blowing up those oil shipments.

Enemy supply convoys regardless of destination are legit targets.
View Quote

The corrupt Ukraine leaders will just be bought off and the spice will flow. Meanwhile Ukraine citizens suffer and the U.S. citizens have our money stolen for essentially nothing.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:49:34 PM EDT
[#25]
The plan for punishing Putin is working as planned I see.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#26]
You can't give putin 100 billion dollars to fund his war .

But you can give him 60 billion dollars to fund his war !!

As long as we give Ukraine 75 billion , we're still "winning"

Personally I'd put a 100% tarrif on every product from  any euro commie shithole that imports one gallon of Russian oil .

Plus get on national TV and yell everyone the euro scum are now allied w Russia.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:53:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's been Russia's plan all along - starve Europe of energy until they give in.  It's the reason why they've even bothered continuing in Ukraine despite all of the losses they've had, they don't have to win the military battle... they just have to wait until they can win the economic battle.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Enemy supply convoys are legit targets regardless of destination
View Quote
I think it was Zeihan that suggested the US navy could essentially stop any sea borne trade on the planet if it wanted to.  

I'm kinda shocked the many pipelines running through Ukraine are still intact.   I figured somebody either on purpose or accident would have taken a few out by now.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:53:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Wow that's a good price!  Maybe they can get it even lower if they build a pipeline
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:54:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You can't give putin 100 billion dollars to fund his war .

But you can give him 60 billion dollars to fund his war !!

As long as we give Ukraine 75 billion , we're still "winning"

Personally I'd put a 100% tarrif on every product from  any euro commie shithole that imports one gallon of Russian oil .

Plus get on national TV and yell everyone the euro scum are now allied w Russia.
View Quote
The theory surrounding the complete lack of attribution for the Nordstream bombing is that if anyone proves that it was Russia, everyone has to stop trading with Russia or the US will stop trading with them.   It's part of our anti-terrorism laws.  

Europe is totally dependent on Russia, so war or not, they're buying Putin's oil and no one will ever officially figure out what happened to Nord Stream.

No wonder that bastard laughs like he does.

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:57:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That's been Russia's plan all along - starve Europe of energy until they give in.  It's the reason why they've even bothered continuing in Ukraine despite all of the losses they've had, they don't have to win the military battle... they just have to wait until they can win the economic battle.
View Quote

Europe has lots of oil. Like biden, they just won't pump it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:58:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Europe has lots of oil. Like biden, they just won't pump it.
View Quote
North sea?
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:03:23 PM EDT
[#34]
It’s a big club and we ain’t in it
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:04:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Put a 30% tariff on imports from countries buying Russian oil & gas, and put it in a fund to pay for US support for Ukraine.  Win/win.
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:09:39 PM EDT
[#36]
There is a sea of oil in the Artic that is now accessible by many EU nations.

They don't need Russian oil.  

Drill in the Artic and your problems are solved Europe.

Problem is they should have started that years ago, because it takes years to set-up those operations. In the interim though they could purchase U.S. oil and the U.S. could increase production.

They would rather though hold to their eco suicide cult beliefs and pretend that getting oil from Russia, Iran, and Venezuela is somehow "cleaner" for the environment.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:18:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:18:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Russia has Europe by the balls.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:21:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The plan for punishing Putin is working as planned I see.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Well, he did fall down teh stairs today
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:23:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Europe is punishing Russia for invading Ukraine by buying Russian oil that Ukraine pumps to Europe for Russia through Ukranian pipelines.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:26:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Anything 50 and over adjusted from $40 for 2017 suits Moscow per their government when Trump was President
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:27:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Question is will Putin sell at that price?
View Quote

Putin's between a rock and a hard place.  Russia can only ship a tiny fraction of their oil production by sea.  They also don't have enough pipeline capacity to make up the loss of European sales to China/India.  They can't store any more oil and if they stop pumping Siberian wells they freeze solid and go offline permanently.  They would need Western oil company expertise to restart those wells which they will not receive.

China/India have no incentive to oppose the price cap because the cap is lower than the discounted price Russia currently offers them.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:27:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
fuck Europe

Let Russia conquer them all
View Quote
Ditto
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm sure they'd love to buy at $60/bbl. In fact I'm sure everyone would love to buy at that price.

I wonder what happens when the price is so artificially low that everyone wants to buy the same item...

Oh yeah that's right, they won't want to sell at that price and there will be a shortage as Russia sells at full price to China and India.
View Quote

Temporary pause on China buys after record buys earlier this year but some predictions China economy rebounding in 2023
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:29:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Comes down to inflation on euro companies Volkswagen sounds unhappy.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Euros are already trying to get out of China microchip ban guessing little compliance
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:31:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:31:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I knew a guy in high school who hated to shop for clothes with his father. It embarrassed him no end when the old man tried to talk the employee down in price.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:34:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Olympic level mental gymnastics will take place in this thread
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top