Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 10:54:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not saying these types of things are easy to make, but I hear they are easy to make.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:03:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why?  A C2 can legally make them all day long.  I know one who went out to his shop and made half a dozen DIAS just because he was bored.  Same guy was making a G17 slide w/ the selector on the side like a G18.
View Quote
Read thru the other thread linked above and you will see why mod staff do not want this type of tech data on the site.

Also IN for the video.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:19:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Interesting
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Read thru the other thread linked above and you will see why mod staff do not want this type of tech data on the site.

Also IN for the video.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why?  A C2 can legally make them all day long.  I know one who went out to his shop and made half a dozen DIAS just because he was bored.  Same guy was making a G17 slide w/ the selector on the side like a G18.

Also IN for the video.
I read that thread.   I understand why people are reluctant to talk about it, but the info is out there and in the case of a C2 it's legal.    IMO as long as the discussion stays legal there's no reason to lock it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:00:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I read that thread.   I understand why people are reluctant to talk about it, but the info is out there and in the case of a C2 it's legal.    IMO as long as the discussion stays legal there's no reason to lock it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You must have missed this part.

Originally Posted By tony_k
Please do not presume to tell me what those rules mean. I wrote them. And I (and other moderators) enforce them.

When I was brought on as moderator of the then-single NFA forum on ar15.com in 2002, it was a time when the Department of Justice was investigating web sites that posted specific instructions on how to, among other things, convert semi autos to full-auto. I was brought on by this site's ownership with the specific mission of keeping ar15.com safe from any such government investigation or oversight. Thus, the NFA-specific rules.

In the 16 years since then, I've had to delete a few dozen posts. I even had to ban one person. But the vast majority have understood those rules.

As far as 07/02s go, I am a former manufacturer. My family still holds 07/02 licenses. While we welcome and encourage their input here, specific technical questions do not belong here, because we are a web site open to the public, good or bad. So we request that those conversations be taken to a web site which welcomes that info, or communicated by IM or email.

There are bad people out there. We do not want their browser history to show an ar15.com page where they learned how to build an illegal, unregistered NFA item.

Everyone is welcome here if they abide by these rules. But they will remain in force as long as ar15.com site ownership and staff remain committed to them.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Once again Id like to see a video of it attempting to run. But just wanted to let everyone know this is thin ice on arfcom and why try to get a ban from this place. Its awesome!

The only reason the thread has lasted this long is due to it being on GD.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Why? It's legal.
View Quote
Probably not. IF he has a sot he has 24 hours to register that. I doubt he is going to submit the paperwork thus this is illegal.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:11:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Is that some type of abortion?
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:15:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Probably not. IF he has a sot he has 24 hours to register that. I doubt he is going to submit the paperwork thus this is illegal.
View Quote
Unbelievable.  That has to be the most retarded thing I've ever read in GD.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:17:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Once again Id like to see a video of it attempting to run. But just wanted to let everyone know this is thin ice on arfcom and why try to get a ban from this place. Its awesome!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Originally Posted By tony_k
Please do not presume to tell me what those rules mean. I wrote them. And I (and other moderators) enforce them.

When I was brought on as moderator of the then-single NFA forum on ar15.com in 2002, it was a time when the Department of Justice was investigating web sites that posted specific instructions on how to, among other things, convert semi autos to full-auto. I was brought on by this site's ownership with the specific mission of keeping ar15.com safe from any such government investigation or oversight. Thus, the NFA-specific rules.

In the 16 years since then, I've had to delete a few dozen posts. I even had to ban one person. But the vast majority have understood those rules.

As far as 07/02s go, I am a former manufacturer. My family still holds 07/02 licenses. While we welcome and encourage their input here, specific technical questions do not belong here, because we are a web site open to the public, good or bad. So we request that those conversations be taken to a web site which welcomes that info, or communicated by IM or email.

There are bad people out there. We do not want their browser history to show an ar15.com page where they learned how to build an illegal, unregistered NFA item.

Everyone is welcome here if they abide by these rules. But they will remain in force as long as ar15.com site ownership and staff remain committed to them.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Difference between my opinion and how they choose to operate.   I understand why.  I've seen the same thing when people talk about drilling the extra hole for the auto sear.   C2s who wouldn't talk about dimensions to strangers, but among the right crowd you'd hear them laughing about how easy it was w/ the right dimensions.  The libertarian / IT side of me says data like this should be free and disseminated, but I understand why people don't.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:18:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why? It's legal.
Why not submit it?  It's trivial.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:24:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Difference between my opinion and how they choose to operate.   I understand why.  I've seen the same thing when people talk about drilling the extra hole for the auto sear.   C2s who wouldn't talk about dimensions to strangers, but among the right crowd you'd hear them laughing about how easy it was w/ the right dimensions.  The libertarian / IT side of me says data like this should be free and disseminated, but I understand why people don't.
View Quote
I agree 100000% with you.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:25:12 PM EDT
[#12]
You can do something similar with a small paper clip and certain handguns.. but most times it locks up when the trigger is released...
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:29:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have no clue but he might be right.

Section 7.3 Registering the manufacture of NFA firearms. A manufacturer qualified to engage in
business under the GCA and NFA may make NFA firearms without payment of the making tax.112
However, the manufacturer must report and register each firearm made by filing with the NFA Branch
an accurate notice of the manufacture on ATF Form 2
, Notice of Firearms Manufactured or Imported,
executed under the penalties of perjury.113 Appendix C contains a copy of Form 2. The NFA Branch’s
receipt of the form effectuates the registration of the firearms listed on the form.114 See Section 7.4.6 on
the manufacture of silencer parts.
7.3.1 Preparation of ATF Forms 2. The form and its contents are prescribed by ATF regulation.115
The regulation states that the form must set forth the name and address of the manufacturer, identify the
manufacturer’s special tax stamp and license, and show the date of manufacture, the type, model, length
of barrel, overall length, caliber, gauge or size, serial numbers and other marks of identification, and
place where the firearms are kept.
7.3.2 Filing ATF Forms 2. All firearms manufactured during a single day must be included on one
Form 2 and must be filed by the manufacturer no later than the close of the next business day.
The
manufacturer must prepare the form in duplicate, file the original with the NFA Branch, and keep the
copy with the records required to be kept

LINK
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:35:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Section 7.3 Registering the manufacture of NFA firearms. A manufacturer qualified to engage in
business under the GCA and NFA may make NFA firearms without payment of the making tax.112
However, the manufacturer must report and register each firearm made by filing with the NFA Branch
executed under the penalties of perjury.113 Appendix C contains a copy of Form 2. The NFA Branch’s
receipt of the form effectuates the registration of the firearms listed on the form.114 See Section 7.4.6 on
7.3.1 Preparation of ATF Forms 2. The form and its contents are prescribed by ATF regulation.115
The regulation states that the form must set forth the name and address of the manufacturer, identify the
manufacturer’s special tax stamp and license, and show the date of manufacture, the type, model, length
of barrel, overall length, caliber, gauge or size, serial numbers and other marks of identification, and
7.3.2 Filing ATF Forms 2. All firearms manufactured during a single day must be included on one
Form 2 and must be filed by the manufacturer no later than the close of the next business day.
The
manufacturer must prepare the form in duplicate, file the original with the NFA Branch, and keep the

LINK
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The

LINK
Except if what he posted does not work he did not manufacture it It was a non working mock up kind of like putting the third hole 0.200 too far forward not technically a machine gun its just a hole...because it is non functioning.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:36:24 PM EDT
[#15]
We truly eat our own.

Lots of ppl willing to break out the rulebook at a second notice  about things 99% of us already know

Makes me think of the people at ranger that ask for a strangers tax stamp.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:48:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I want to see it fire.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:49:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Except if what he posted does not work he did not manufacture it It was a non working mock up kind of like putting the third hole 0.200 too far forward not technically a machine gun its just a hole...because it is non functioning.
View Quote
I like it.

The OP made a really really poorly designed tool for cleaning carbon out from around the lower and disconnector.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 1:58:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I like it.

The OP made a really really poorly designed tool for cleaning carbon out from around the lower and disconnector.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 2:33:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 2:37:07 PM EDT
[#20]
At least its not a gawd damned bump stock!
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 3:44:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 3:52:27 PM EDT
[#22]
How to convert an AR 15 to full auto
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 4:12:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
We truly eat our own.

Lots of ppl willing to break out the rulebook at a second notice  about things 99% of us already know

View Quote
Yep.

Pretty sickening that people who call themselves gun owners will go out of their way to help enforce unconstitutional laws which will eventually lead to their own disarming.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 4:29:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 4:32:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I know it can work.
I also know it's pretty difficult to engrave a manufacturer name and serial number on a piece of coathanger, in a way that is even remotely legible.
View Quote
But what about all that tech that can micro stamp Serial numbers on to the face of firing pins?
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 4:37:26 PM EDT
[#26]
I love the bootlicking some of the people here do. The SOT is conducting his business as he sees fit and within the law for as far as anyone knows. Always good to experiment.

There was a recent Swiftlink thread in the NFA forum here... it would be fun to play with and tweak as a 02/07sot.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Probably not. IF he has a sot he has 24 hours to register that or destroy it. I doubt he is going to submit the paperwork thus this is illegal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why? It's legal.
Probably not. IF he has a sot he has 24 hours to register that or destroy it. I doubt he is going to submit the paperwork thus this is illegal.
Fixt.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 6:15:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I know it can work.
I also know it's pretty difficult to engrave a manufacturer name and serial number on a piece of coathanger, in a way that is even remotely legible.
View Quote
What if he is just adding the wire to a registered reciever....
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 6:22:58 PM EDT
[#29]
nice
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 6:32:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
That is  what I was wondering about.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 6:36:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yep.

Pretty sickening that people who call themselves gun owners will go out of their way to help enforce unconstitutional laws which will eventually lead to their own disarming.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We truly eat our own.

Yep.

The funny part is, many of the people here will scream "NOT ONE MORE FUCKING INCH!!!!" and in the next breath point and say "look atf man, he doing illegal!!"
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 10:59:31 AM EDT
[#32]
OP have you had a chance to try it yet?
Also wonder if a swift link could be 3D printed by a 07 and get to work?

Seems like that would a cheap way for MFG to print up a link to do a few mag test on say a new suppressor design take the link out and smash when done. If all done in 1 day my guess would be no F2 paper work and you were able to test your suppressor/ muzzle brake design.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
OP have you had a chance to try it yet?
Also wonder if a swift link could be 3D printed by a 07 and get to work?

Seems like that would a cheap way for MFG to print up a link to do a few mag test on say a new suppressor design take the link out and smash when done. If all done in 1 day my guess would be no F2 paper work and you were able to test your suppressor/ muzzle brake design.
View Quote
The OP didn't build that.  He just thought he'd share it because it was interesting.  Don't shoot my dog.

But you I think you are right.  If you needed a temporary testbed and had a reliable way of quickly makeing a couple of the links...  Why put the wear and tear on something that has papers when you can uses a cheap lower and throwaway link.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Interdasting..... A 3d printed swift link.....
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The OP didn't build that.  He just thought he'd share it because it was interesting.  Don't shoot my dog.

But you I think you are right.  If you needed a temporary testbed and had a reliable way of quickly makeing a couple of the links...  Why put the wear and tear on something that has papers when you can uses a cheap lower and throwaway link.
View Quote
Sorry my bad on claiming you built that.

Any word on how well it ran?
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Sorry my bad on claiming you built that.

Any word on how well it ran?
View Quote
Haven't heard.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 3:35:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Try out the AK "lightning link" too, some time. Way better than relieving the rail and drilling the sear axis hole.

https://i.imgur.com/etPKs2Q.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ic6yYkx.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/irWMXwq.jpg
View Quote
Dimensions/blueprints for academic study, please.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#38]
I wish I was cool enough to even know wth this thread is about.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 3:52:32 PM EDT
[#39]
This New Year's Eve is going to be wild

Edit: Because I got a bunch of bottle rockets last time I was in Idaho.  Not related to anything in this thread, sorry for the hijack.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I wish I was cool enough to even know wth this thread is about.
View Quote
It's a coat hangar machinegun conversion.  When bent like that it's legally a machinegun and must be registered on a Form 2 by the licensed manufacturer.

Its a rough copy of the swift link design and works by pushing the rear of the disconnector down when the M16 carrier closes and the trigger is pulled.  If built correctly, it turns an off the shelf AR15 into a machinegun.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 4:17:02 PM EDT
[#41]
This is why bullshit laws are bullshit, law abiding people will follow them. Everyone else says fuck it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This is why bullshit laws are bullshit, law abiding people will follow them. Everyone else says fuck it.
View Quote
It truly is...Like the whole bumpstock thing. People can bumpfire without a device of any type so next step will be cutting off the banned finger used for bumpfiring or banning anything that's self-loading & semi-auto.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 10:58:40 PM EDT
[#43]
I bet there are a couple NFATCA members in this thread with all the ATF dick sucking going on...
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 11:10:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Exactly how I'm going to test one, thanks for giving me something new to try.

<- SOT
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 11:43:05 PM EDT
[#45]
https://youtu.be/oFyoDYDPFLU
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 11:54:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It's a coat hangar machinegun conversion.  When bent like that it's legally a machinegun and must be registered on a Form 2 by the licensed manufacturer.

Its a rough copy of the swift link design and works by pushing the rear of the disconnector down when the M16 carrier closes and the trigger is pulled.  If built correctly, it turns an off the shelf AR15 into a machinegun.
View Quote
Of the 500 or so pages of that document dump from ATF they sent to NOLO, that one page was the only one that was interesting to me.  

Oh and you are a god among men.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 12:07:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
https://youtu.be/oFyoDYDPFLU
View Quote
cool

Firing test of a DIAS made from a coat hanger
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 12:15:56 AM EDT
[#48]
It's not enough that I have to wear velcro shoes, now I have to fold all my laundry instead of hanging it in my closet.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 1:28:50 AM EDT
[#49]
That's awesome!

I'm curious about it's durability. Any plans to test how long it takes to get bent/broken to where it no longer works?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 1:31:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
That's awesome!

I'm curious about it's durability. Any plans to test how long it takes to get bent/broken to where it no longer works?
View Quote
Would entirely depend on the materials.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top