User Panel

Site Notices
F Dick Cheney (Page 3 of 5)
Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:11:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Staggunner:
Dick was a solid conservative.  Mild mannered and rational.  So was Liz until she got TDS.

You guys have very convenient revisionist history.  I guess you would have preferred the commies of

their day.  Clinton, Dukakis, Bernie
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:19:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Sketti:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Dick was a solid conservative.  Mild mannered and rational.  So was Liz until she got TDS.

You guys have very convenient revisionist history.  I guess you would have preferred the commies of

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:19:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:
Funny how we go from cheering for wars to hating the men that caused/ failed to prevent/ started them.

View Quote

Watching in horror as planes are flown into American buildings and thousands of Americans are murdered on an otherwise beautiful Tuesday morning will have that effect on you.  

Our government took our trust we put in them that day and abused the shit out of it over the next 2 decades as it raged war in defense of that day.  What a crock of shit that turned out to be.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:25:47 PM EDT
[#4]
We like to be our own worst enemy.  Dick Cheney was very influential, well-spoken and reasonable.

I don't understand his problem with Trump (well maybe I do, he's not part of the swamp), but tearing him

down seems like the slandering of US Grant after the fact.  He did his job, Sec of Def, Senator, VP.

You think he's a commie?  Think again.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:31:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Do not give up the ship yet, Hitlery is still to make the last act. That broad will come out of nowhere meet up with elon and take all the gold and go to Bolivia.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:41:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't approve of anything about the Chenneys today.

But Dick was the Devil himself back in the day.

Which means he was doing things right.  He was like Hilter incarnated to the left.

Look up some of his interviews.  I defy you to find anything you disagree with.

They had no answer to any rational views of the right at that time.  Or now for that matter.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:51:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Kinda reminds me of how Churchill was thrown out of office in July 45.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:54:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Paul_Sothern:
Is Dick Cheney even making public appearances anymore?

Is someone making statements for him these days?
View Quote

You'd get shot if you said that in front of him.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 12:04:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By dyezak:

View Quote
He's 83 and his Kamala bullshit is the first I've heard of him in many years.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 12:15:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm sad he's going out like this.

He was a Congressmen, White House Chief of Staff for Nixon, Sec of Def for GHWB, VP for GWB.

He is a great man.  There are thousands on this board who hate Trump.

I am not one of them
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 12:19:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FuriousYachtsman] [#11]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dyezak:

Did you really miss his pathetic ad for his daughter’s losing reelection?
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 12:20:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Millions of people to their graves? How so?
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 12:23:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Staggunner] [#13]
Originally Posted By FuriousYachtsman:

Did you really miss his pathetic ad for his daughter's losing reelection?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Nq9SpGzic
View Quote
No I voted for Harriet Hagerman who replaced her.

But I gotcha, Trump is a real threat to the deep state.

But, seemingly, the deep state thought there was no threat, and they failed to consider Trump.

Dick has no power now.  Nor does Liz.

Link Posted: 9/7/2024 12:28:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By USMCTanker:

That so many here parrot the left and use the same stupid language/buzzwords to show their disdain for an admin that intentionally allowed the AWB to expire
Too bad Bush couldn't have been reelected for a third term just to piss off GD.  I would have relished the biblical  wailing and gnashing of teeth.
View Quote
Huh? He stated that he WOULD HAVE SIGNED a reauthorization of the AWB had it arrived on his desk.
Bush didn't let shit expire, Congress did.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 12:38:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Show us on the doll where your psychotropic meds hurt you, then take them anyway.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 12:42:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By HuskerTanker:
Show us on the doll where your psychotropic meds hurt you, then take them anyway.
View Quote

That's fun dude.  Whom are you speaking to?
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 12:43:34 AM EDT
[#17]
We like to be our own worst enemy.  Dick Cheney was very influential, well-spoken and reasonable.

I don't understand his problem with Trump (well maybe I do, he's not part of the swamp), but tearing him

down seems like the slandering of US Grant after the fact.  He did his job, Sec of Def, Senator, VP.

View Quote

Maybe you don't understand. Kamala is campaigning on price controls and disarmament. Dick endorses that. He is a fucking commie as is his whore daughter who we sent packing.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 12:54:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Is he still alive?  Or has he been harvesting the hearts of orphan children to keep continue his quest to destroy humanity?
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 12:54:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:

Maybe you don't understand. Kamala is campaigning on price controls and disarmament. Dick endorses that. He is a fucking commie as is his whore daughter who we sent packing.
View Quote

No he doesn't.  You know that.  He's just anti-Trump.  I don't know why.

She was a very good republican.  I had her going for president eventually.  Deep state bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 12:56:47 AM EDT
[#20]

She was a very good republican.  I had her going for president eventually.  Deep state bullshit.
View All Quotes

I hope this is an attempt at comedy.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 1:00:42 AM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

This is amazing. You’re serious?
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 1:02:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By FuriousYachtsman:

Trusting government too much to trusting government not at all.
View Quote

It's not our government anymore.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 1:02:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By This_Guy:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By This_Guy:

Dick was a big dick on acting like the constitution didn't exist and the government could do whatever they wanted in the name of terrorism and was the lead in the admin on spying on people violating their rights.

His cunt of a daughter didn't fall far from the tree and now they are running to the DNC as if they are relevant at all.

I got sent to Baghdad twice and don't regret it or anything I did but that motherfucker in a just world should be so ashamed of himself he wouldn't even mention his name in public again.

Link Posted: 9/7/2024 1:07:02 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

I don't think he's a commie. He just represents the worst of the swamp and why people don't like Republicans.

His actions around the GWOT and trying to violate American's rights are despicable.

His daughter's actions around J6 are also despicable and neither one of them deserve to have anything close to an 'influence' on American politics.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 1:12:27 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

No.  Dick was a valiant soldier for the right, did far more than anyone on this board could dream of.

We have some pretty exemplary members.  None compare.  You get up in Congress and the White

House and let's see what you get done.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 1:15:53 AM EDT
[#26]

That's fun dude.  Whom are you speaking to?
View Quote

The OP.  Sounds unbalanced and can't handle grade school math.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 1:26:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By LurchAddams:
I'm shocked!  Shocked, because I had no idea Dick Cheney was still alive!  
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 1:33:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:
Huh? He stated that he WOULD HAVE SIGNED a reauthorization of the AWB had it arrived on his desk.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:

That so many here parrot the left and use the same stupid language/buzzwords to show their disdain for an admin that intentionally allowed the AWB to expire
Too bad Bush couldn't have been reelected for a third term just to piss off GD.  I would have relished the biblical  wailing and gnashing of teeth.

That was his generic answer to a question posed to him by a reporter, yet he didn’t so much as pick up the phone to lobby Congress to renew the ban.

Zero effort, unlike serial rapist Klinton who engaged in an intense lobbying campaign to pass an AWB back in ‘93-‘94 no matter what the cost.

You should acknowledge that Bush 43 didn’t cave to media pressure and lobby Congress for more gun control after the mass shooting at VA Tech, either.

None other than the late Neal Knox himself was still connected in DC at the time and knew Dubya wouldn’t support a ban and said in one of his columns “to watch what a politician does, not what he says”, and he was correct.

Maybe you want to sound like one of the cool kids with your BDS but it’s really just senseless blathering lacking any context.  Dubya wasn’t perfect but he was better than anything since Reagan and he didn’t jump on the gun control wagon like T$ did after the LV massacre.  

Link Posted: 9/7/2024 1:46:40 AM EDT
[#29]

That was his generic answer to a question posed to him by a reporter, yet he didn't so much as pick up the phone to lobby Congress to renew the ban.

Zero effort, unlike serial rapist Klinton who engaged in an intense lobbying campaign to pass an AWB back in '93-'94 no matter what the cost.

You should acknowledge that Bush 43 didn't cave to media pressure and lobby Congress for more gun control after the mass shooting at VA Tech, either.

None other than the late Neal Knox himself was still connected in DC at the time and knew Dubya wouldn't support a ban and said in one of his columns "to watch what a politician does, not what he says", and he was correct.

Maybe you want to sound like one of the cool kids with your BDS but it's really just senseless blathering lacking any context.  Dubya wasn't perfect but he was better than anything since Reagan and he didn't jump on the gun control wagon like T$ did after the LV massacre.  

View Quote

Yes Chistomighty why do idiots on this board hammer on Republican politicians?  Show me a way to elect only far right
people? It can't be done.  Support the ones we do get elected.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 1:52:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Fuck Dick head Cheney. Sure as shit don’t trust hunting with the pos. Hopefully Satan has a few dozen pineapples set aside just waiting for his ass soon.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 1:54:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: USMCTanker] [#31]

Yes Chistomighty why do idiots on this board hammer on Republican politicians?  Show me a way to elect only far right
View All Quotes

That was his generic answer to a question posed to him by a reporter, yet he didn't so much as pick up the phone to lobby Congress to renew the ban.

Zero effort, unlike serial rapist Klinton who engaged in an intense lobbying campaign to pass an AWB back in '93-'94 no matter what the cost.

You should acknowledge that Bush 43 didn't cave to media pressure and lobby Congress for more gun control after the mass shooting at VA Tech, either.

None other than the late Neal Knox himself was still connected in DC at the time and knew Dubya wouldn't support a ban and said in one of his columns "to watch what a politician does, not what he says", and he was correct.

Maybe you want to sound like one of the cool kids with your BDS but it's really just senseless blathering lacking any context.  Dubya wasn't perfect but he was better than anything since Reagan and he didn't jump on the gun control wagon like T$ did after the LV massacre.  

There’s a lot of liberals here that like guns, or pretend to like guns?  They start a narrative and then others jump in on it to be with the trendy “in” crowd, possibly.  Or the scope of information people read or listen to is so biased that they can’t form a balanced opinion.

There isn’t a single elected person serving in office that’s above criticism, but it’s intellectually dishonest not to acknowledge when they take action or actions that benefited the nation or 2A community.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 2:09:39 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

He's part of the swamp. People have woken up to their types.

If they are going to shill for democrats instead of Trump it says it all.

Link Posted: 9/7/2024 2:10:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wyomingnick] [#33]
I'm sad he's going out like this.

He was a Congressmen, White House Chief of Staff for Nixon, Sec of Def for GHWB, VP for GWB.

He is a great man.  There are thousands on this board who hate Trump.

I am not one of them
View Quote

Linked to Bush isn't really a plus.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 2:11:29 AM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Tell that to Dick and Liz. They are the one supporting democrats.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 2:12:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Rebel31:

I don't think he's a commie. He just represents the worst of the swamp and why people don't like Republicans.

His actions around the GWOT and trying to violate American's rights are despicable.

His daughter's actions around J6 are also despicable and neither one of them deserve to have anything close to an 'influence' on American politics.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rebel31:

Exactly.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 2:49:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Twitter is full of leftists celebrating his endorsement as a win. LMAO.

Honestly, Democrats are so fucking loyal to their party... that if a genie waved a magic wand and replaced Kamala with Trump as democratic party nominee.... they'd all become Trump supporters.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 3:12:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PatriotAr15] [#37]

No.  Dick was a valiant soldier for the right, did far more than anyone on this board could dream of.

We have some pretty exemplary members.  None compare.  You get up in Congress and the White

View All Quotes

If Dick is such a great Conservative soldier... then by your argumentation, we should all be voting for Kamala?
After all, we're all no bodies... who are we to question his endorsement?
The fact that he's willing to throw his support behind that evil cunt, just confirms every fucking suspicion I had about that fucking turd.

To the extent that GWB and Dick Cheney were not rabidly anti-gun... it was purely to appease their base. Bush 100% would have signed the AWB if it got to his desk. I'm convinced of that.

Under GWB, an honorable soldier almost got dishonorably discharged because he rightfully beat the shit out of an Afghani cop who admitted and laughed about raping a little boy.
The Bush Administration did nothing to try and put an end to the legalized pederasty in Afghanistan. FFS, we had TAX MONEY BEING SPENT ON BACHA BAZI BOYS through one of George W Bush/Dick Cheney's military contractor friends!
Yeah, real great guys! Taxpayer dollars being spent on FUCKING CHILD PROSTITUTION. And ONE SOLDIER stood up and did the right thing, and almost beat a pedo cop to death, and he almost got dishonorably discharged for it... only spared his fate because of public support.

More over, Bush basically just mirrored the Romney world view towards immigration. If you recall, a couple years ago... Romney openly admitted that he's in favor of open borders because he *WANTS* wages to be suppressed. Bush was no fucking different, he's self-aware enough to know that people wouldn't take too kindly if he admitted it himself. Bush and Romney both had a deep down serious fucking disdain for normal working class Americans, and openly supported open borders with Mexico.

The Bush administration continued the awful trade policies with China that helped China become the threat it is today. COVID would not have happened if Bush did the right thing, and distanced us from China. Had we distanced ourselves from China, no fucking Wuhan lab or virology funded by US Tax payers, and therefor no lab-created COVID.... no Pandemic.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Bush who first pitched the idea of cooperating with the Chinese and entrusting them with experimenting with Bat Corona Viruses.

Link Posted: 9/7/2024 3:24:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Didn’t that dick get shot in the back with a shotgun?

I kind of wonder if it were intentional…
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 3:29:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By UnequivocalLiberty:
Didn't that dick get shot in the back with a shotgun?

I kind of wonder if it were intentional
View Quote
No... Dick Cheney shot his *FRIEND* in the face. Then his FRIEND apologized to *HIM*. Cheney never apologized to the friend he shot.

What kind of evil, terrifying monster are you behind closed doors... that your friend feels the need to apologize *TO YOU* after you shot him!?
I say this as someone who has himself been the victim of a former friend's negligent discharge. He apologized profusely to me. WTF, how do you shoot someone "by accident" and *NOT* apologize to them!?

His family are just absolute psychopaths.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 3:57:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By PatriotAr15:

Haha, I still feel like an ass.

That being said, I do think that Donald Trump is a pretty good acid test for who is a Neo-Con and who isn't... but its not perfect.
Joe Walsh went against Trump, but I don't think it would be fair to call him a Neo-Con... he's basically a cuckservative who capitulated to the left like a little bitch. FFS, his podcast is literally called the "White flag podcast". He prides himself in surrendering to the left. But Joe Walsh, to his credit, is fairly non-interventionist (but still he sides with war mongers).

I never would have considered JD Vance to be a "neo-Con", not even when he opposed Trump previously. He's actually a bit of a Paleo-Con. It still puzzles me why he criticized Trump in the past, given that they mostly align on issues and priorities.

Also, there still are *SOME* Neo-Cons who still support Trump, because I think while they might themselves be Neo-Cons... they might align enough with Trump on other issues that the differences just werent enough in their internal mathematics that it justified them switching teams to the DNC.

That being said, I don't TRUST them.
But yeah, in general... being rabidly anti-Trump is typically a good indicator that someone is a Neo-Con.
View Quote

He probably got caught up in the media narrative, like a lot of people did.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 8:21:22 AM EDT
[#41]
If the list of conservatives against Trump keeps growing, are the supporters just going to start a new party? Not every conservative from 01-2016 that hate the guy can be RINOs. At some point you have to acknowledge that everyone that worked for him says he can't do the job.

Link Posted: 9/7/2024 8:23:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Janden:
I guess people who are responsible for millions and millions of deaths should have a say who they endorse for President.

GHW is the reason For B Hussein Obama. That regime ruthlessly sent millions of people to their graves and include 100's of thousands or US milatary service people. That is after all of the suicides.
View Quote

Someone has been hitting the sauce.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 8:26:24 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Holy shit.

Link Posted: 9/7/2024 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#44]
He loves the DC machine and thinks very little of the average American. Like his daughter. Loyalty to DC. Completely out of touch. Both will vote for Harris and it will make zero difference. Wyoming will vote red. Won’t even be close. Father and daughter are irrelevant and standing on the sideline at this point throwing a tantrum.

Dick will be remembered for pushing us into two endless wars and stripping Americans of freedom.
Liz will not be remembered for much.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 9:05:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 9:09:46 AM EDT
[#46]
The popular opinion is it was her turn, but I'm not convinced, it may have been Jebs turn that got thrown out the window.  All the bush era rinos really hate Trump.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By GetToTheGone:
If the list of conservatives against Trump keeps growing, are the supporters just going to start a new party? Not every conservative from 01-2016 that hate the guy can be RINOs. At some point you have to acknowledge that everyone that worked for him says he can't do the job.

View Quote

Are you suggesting the problem is t and not an absolutely corrupt aristocracy?
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By LurchAddams:
I'm shocked!  Shocked, because I had no idea Dick Cheney was still alive!  
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 9:40:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Janden:
I guess people who are responsible for millions and millions of deaths should have a say who they endorse for President.

GHW is the reason For B Hussein Obama. That regime ruthlessly sent millions of people to their graves and include 100's of thousands or US milatary service people. That is after all of the suicides.
View Quote

That fucker still alive?
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By GetToTheGone:

View Quote

Conservatives, don't side with the communists.

The people who hate Trump, especially now, were never conservative.
Page / 5
F Dick Cheney (Page 3 of 5)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top