BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:09:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nope you will always be a meth addict you just need to learn to live with that fact. I have seen people stay off permanently, but i have seen people stay off for 10-15 years, then one bad day, and they back doing Meth and there lives are destroyed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've heard that you never get over Meth Addiction.

Nope you will always be a meth addict you just need to learn to live with that fact. I have seen people stay off permanently, but i have seen people stay off for 10-15 years, then one bad day, and they back doing Meth and there lives are destroyed.

I know a guy just like what you describe. He kicked the habit after it landed him in jail, got involved with church, working for an honest living, and caring for his aging parents. He was clean for at least 12, probably more like 15 years. Both his parents died within 6 months of each other, he wound up with a nice chunk of cash and some of his old friends started coming around, didn't take long and he was right back in the meth again. This guy was in his 60's too which makes it even more crazy.  Covid took him out, I feel no sympathy for him since he is the one who exposed my dad to covid, they died 2 days apart.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:10:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Good for her I hope she can keep those demons behind her.

It reminds me of the story of Adam Brown. He was an all-American boy who got addicted to crack. It destroyed his life but he was able to get into the Navy and eventually worked his way up to DEVGRU despite losing an eye and full function of one of his hands. Despite that, the addiction never left and he could be sober for months or years and still hear his name being called by the drug. He basically had to keep pushing forward in everything he did to stay ahead of the addiction.  His life is detailed in the book Fearless by Eric Blehm.

Good luck to the lady in the OP. She’s overcome a lot and from what I can tell the demons of relapse is just one small mistake away. I hope she can outrun them.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Plot twist: She majored in chemistry, just so she could make some high quality crystal, like Walter White.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:18:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Good for her, definitely a sad hand she got dealt... Only hope she can keep those demons at bay because they will haunt her forever and its only one tiny slip back into the shithole.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:24:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Not every addict hits bottom and falls through. Some of them bounce back up. Good for her.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:25:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Good for her. It’s probably difficult to tell from just a photo, I mean she obviously looks much better in the recent photo, but drugs are hard on the body. Usually even after people recover you can tell they were a former addict. Probably more apparent when you see them in a suit or otherwise dressed up, you can change the clothes, but you can’t fix all the wear and tear from years of drugs.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:29:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Kicked the meth but uses Ritalin to study...
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:32:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No thanks.  Just think of how many times she gave up that coochie for $5 of Meth?  
View Quote

Echo……  echooooo…..  echo…….
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:37:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Given her pleasure receptors are likely completely blown the fuck out, she is probably kinky as all get out just to feel enough stimulation to pop.

Every chronic meth user seems to have quite the assortment of dildos.  Usually freakishly large and often intended for backdoor use.

Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:37:38 PM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes

Her mother is a piece of shit.

Glad she turned her life around.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:41:17 PM EDT
[#11]
2   1
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:58:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

You never get over any addiction, you just refrain from doing it, not just drugs, anything. Gambling, whoring, vid games, ect...
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 6:04:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

The rehab industries answer to heroin addiction is suboxone...every day for life, the Doc`s your dealer now.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 6:32:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

From the article:

“She was born in Tacoma. 1972. She was one of seven children born to a mother who was a drug addict and a drug dealer and who suffered from mental illness.

Her father was sent to prison when she was four for a string of armed robberies.

Her mother introduced her to marijuana at the age of six.

She got her using meth at age 12.

By 14 she was smoking crack.

At 16 she was raped by a man who bought drugs from her mother.”

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don’t feel pity for her. I feel pity for her family, loved ones: they were forced to watch her take the ride. Selfish bitch.

From the article:

“She was born in Tacoma. 1972. She was one of seven children born to a mother who was a drug addict and a drug dealer and who suffered from mental illness.

Her father was sent to prison when she was four for a string of armed robberies.

At least she figured out Liberalism sucks and condemns hard drug addicts to a self chosen path of death.

From the article...

'She knows. Ginny says she's been to more than 20 funerals in the last seven years, funerals for friends who were drug addicts, people who she believes have been loved to death by Seattle and king County and a culture of tolerance at all expense.

"Nobody wants to hurt anybody's feelings," she says, "everybody wants to be loving and supportive, which means we don't hold up a mirror to people. We don't want to tell anybody they can't do this, we're just going to support them to death. We're gonna love them to death."

..., she continues, "It's not love. I am grateful the Pierce County Sheriff's loved me enough to arrest me. I am grateful that the judges loved me enough to incarcerate me because those incarcerations gave me an opportunity to work myself into changing my life."'
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

There's no such thing as an ex-smoker either, just a smoker that don't smoke no more.  Same with alcoholics.  And coffee.

I've also know people that have totally flipped the drug use around and turned their lives into one as respectable as any other person.  The thing they all had in common was a love for Jesus Christ.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

From the article:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don’t feel pity for her. I feel pity for her family, loved ones: they were forced to watch her take the ride. Selfish bitch.

From the article:

So, marijuana was the gateway drug?
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I feel pity for the people who comment and didn’t watch the video about how her mom introduced her to drugs when she was 6.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 7:30:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Good for her! Awesome.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Looks like she went from a democrat to a Republican.
View Quote

UofWA is in Seattle.  Probably as likely as a methhead staying clean.  So, .00001*.00001 probability.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 7:33:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 7:59:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Meth recovery is about the same as alcoholism
1 in 20 or 5%

The brain need 2 YEARS to recover from meth use

The effects long term usage are pretty bad
Even if you stop, all the crap that went into making
It are still in your body.

Look at a long term user and you will understand
the term zombie. They don’t eat your brains, but they will
do anything the the next high
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:05:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Good for that pumpkin.

Bless her.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:35:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Meh. Still a dirty inkie.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:38:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Still a massive improvement.

She seems to be doing well.  Would you prefer the first pic?
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:38:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Neck tattoo. Check
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:51:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
No thanks.  Just think of how many times she gave up that coochie for $5 of Meth?  
View Quote

You wouldn't have a chance with her now.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:55:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Given her pleasure receptors are likely completely blown the fuck out, she is probably kinky as all get out just to feel enough stimulation to pop.

Every chronic meth user seems to have quite the assortment of dildos.  Usually freakishly large and often intended for backdoor use.

View Quote
Fuck, man! You got me rolling here
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:45:31 AM EDT
[#28]
There was a You tube video that showed multiple pics of meth addicts as time passed.  The first couple weren't too bad, the later ones were horrible.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:13:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:15:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Stupendously difficult per a couple of former friends that are/were tweekers.

Shit messes with your brain chemistry in a serious way.
Hope she can stay clean, rough road from what I have heard.

ETA: I thought the after pic was a 25-30 year old ex tweeker. She is almost 50. Not bad given the road she has been down.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 10:11:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ritalin is garbage

Vyvanse or Adderrall
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top