Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From the story- The family said the "firearm our son accessed was secured."

Obviously NOT
View Quote

It's all lawyers at this point.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:22:23 PM EDT
[#2]
By secure, they mean under a pillow, or in a drawer.

Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:23:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It would be interesting to know what is so wrong with him that the parents attend every day and that he felt compelled to shoot his teacher.

Born a serial killer?
View Quote

Can 6 yr olds be psychopaths ?

The article makes him sound beyond fucked up
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:24:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That kid will be arrested by age 14
View Quote

Or dead.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That kid will amount to nothing.
View Quote

That's a safe bet.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:25:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Or dead.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or dead.

We can hope.

I'll volunteer to fulfill that dream, and sleep very well afterward.

Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:25:57 PM EDT
[#7]
That "School to Prison Pipeline" is getting mighty efficient.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Obviously a small white supremacist.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:30:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He's been getting treatment in a hospital since the shooting. I wondered if it was a mental hospital, or was he injured?
View Quote

If he was mine , his ass would be injured
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:36:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If your 6yo, special needs child got access to your handgun, and brought it to school, you are NOT a responsible gun owner.

View Quote

Want to get it was a shitty plastic trigger lock or one of those cable ones.

Theyre a smash or a set of garden shears away from getting clipped.

Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:37:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Will it surprise anyone to hear that he is being allowed back in school because EVERY child deserves an education?

My wife works in the school system.  Currently she is in a HS but before this she was in an elementary.  You would not believe how much a kid has to F' up before the school can transfer him/her to the "special" school.  The type of school where kids regularly assault the staff. The type of school that has all exterior doors secured from the inside.  

Some kids are messed up due to a bad parent(s).  Others are just miswired from birth and cannot be repaired.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It would be interesting to know what is so wrong with him that the parents attend every day and that he felt compelled to shoot his teacher.

Born a serial killer?
View Quote

My mom had a 3' section of sawed off broom handle.
She sure did not need public education to help fix my childhood problems.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:40:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
WSJ also said a teacher searched his bag when they heard he may have brought a weapon to school and didn't find anything. I wonder if they actually checked.
View Quote

I doubt they looked. Someone just said that to cover their ass. A Taurus is hard to miss.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:41:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Born a serial killer?

yes. without a doubt.

Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:42:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That "School to Prison Pipeline" is getting mighty efficient.
View Quote

nope. this kid wont see prison until he has killed many people.

Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:43:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Look at the flowers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Look at the flowers.
I can't help but suspect that happened a lot more "back in the day" when I hear of kids like this.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:44:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Will it surprise anyone to hear that he is being allowed back in school because EVERY child deserves an education?

My wife works in the school system.  Currently she is in a HS but before this she was in an elementary.  You would not believe how much a kid has to F' up before the school can transfer him/her to the "special" school.  The type of school where kids regularly assault the staff. The type of school that has all exterior doors secured from the inside.  

Some kids are messed up due to a bad parent(s).  Others are just miswired from birth and cannot be repaired.
View Quote

thats a fact and most folks dont want to see it

Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:45:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I can't help but suspect that happened a lot more "back in the day" when I hear of kids like this.
View Quote

Makes you wonder
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:46:16 PM EDT
[#19]
He is probably on the spectrum.  Just like Adam Lanza and Nicholas Cruz.

Born deficient and will never be right and able to be in civilized society.

Put down like a messed up dog.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:55:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It's all lawyers at this point.
View Quote

Watching the news, I turned to my wife and said, "That's the lawyers speaking."
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:57:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I was barely cognitive enough to keep from running in front of a car on the way to school or eating my horse hoof glue in the first grade, much less calculating enough to sneak a gun in my backpack and shooting a teacher with it.
View Quote

holy cow no kidding

i can't even imagine plotting to kill at that age -- much less having the cognitive / physical ability to carry it out

that's real Damien Thorne / Michael Meyers stuff
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 8:58:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I take it a step further. I teach them not to attempt murder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
First time that the kid is allowed in the class without a parent, and the administration gets told the kid has a gun, and they don't call the parents?
Common sense says that the administration should have called the parents, have the parents do the search for a gun, and then either the parents take the kid home or have to stay with the kid during classes - just as they had been doing.

I have never felt it was realistic that you can lock your guns up and your kids can't access them; my younger self was able to get into my parents stuff when they weren't around no matter how it was locked up; I just had to remember to lock it back up and put the key back before they got home.

I take it a step further. I teach them not to attempt murder.

I am thinking this kids brain is wired a bit fucked up. I have seen a few documentaries on this shit. Lil bastards are pure fucking evil right out of the vagina.

As fucked up as that is, they dont have a good success rate of "normalizing" them. IIRC, even the heavy medicated ones still snap.

It gets worse...... WTF are you supposed to do with them that is both, humanely and sociologically, acceptable?
I am not sure if doping them up is more for them or us. Its disgusting. Aborting a 6 year old is a bit fucked up too.
I think everyone has an opinion but this stale mate is not solving anything.

This is a fucked up deal. Sadly these parents seemed to have multiplied the evil by not maintaining the kid nor the pistol.
I think putting them in jail would be best for the parents, as they would no longer have the stress of that kid in the wild. Now the State gets to waste tax payers money.
We lose again.
I say we put all 3 of them in a secured facility like a bunkhouse jail. Make them earn and live with each other for 10 fucking years. I would gladly give my tax $ for that.

I wont even get on the gun fuel this gives the .gov.

Link Posted: 1/19/2023 9:01:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Holy shit.

Fives years in public education and I've never heard of a plan where a parent attends class.  That's HARDCORE special needs.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2023 9:04:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
his parents owned a Taurus. definitely a rough house to grow up in.
View Quote

He grabbed the Taurus over this one
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 9:05:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seems to have gone bang.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 9:08:39 PM EDT
[#26]
I wanna see a pic of mom. I gotta feelin'.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 9:11:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Really……don’t make it worse on responsible parents and gun owners than it already is.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 9:20:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Kids are ingenious. I was getting in to my stepdads locked gun cabinet when I was just a little older than that..
That is why I do not have gun cabinets.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 9:27:29 PM EDT
[#29]
This kid is going to kill someone by 18yrs.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 9:29:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

He'll most likely be dead by 14.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 9:39:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Fixt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That kid will be arrested again by age 14 11

Fixt.

Still...look at the flowers
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 9:42:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That kid will amount to nothing.
View Quote

He's already showing some skills.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 9:44:20 PM EDT
[#33]
I wondered if maybe there were other kids in the house that were older and could get the gun out, and maybe one left it out and now is scared shitless to say "Yeah, it was my fault".
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 9:54:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hmmm..  environment or just born fucked up
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 9:54:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Holy shit.

Fives years in public education and I've never heard of a plan where a parent attends class.  That's HARDCORE special needs.
View Quote

Quoted:
Special needs but is able to sneak a handgun from home and into school, then shoot a teacher? All at 6 years old.... that kid is a future spree killer.
View Quote

"Special needs" in this case probably means "needs to be physically controlled to prevent from violently assaulting others".
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 9:56:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
"Please don't sue us"
View Quote

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that wouldn't be worth anyone's time
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 9:56:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Absolutely they can.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 9:59:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I wondered if maybe there were other kids in the house that were older and could get the gun out, and maybe one left it out and now is scared shitless to say "Yeah, it was my fault".
View Quote

The family probably already knows. But a lawyer isn't going to let that be public.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:01:58 PM EDT
[#39]
"under a care plan at the school that included his mother or father attending school with him and accompanying him to class every day"

Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:03:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If your 6yo, special needs child got access to your handgun, and brought it to school, you are NOT a responsible gun owner.

View Quote
If your 6 y/o child needs a parent present with him to attend classes you got bigger issues than securing firearms.
To put it bluntly, that little turd probably needs a straight jacket. Or at minimum a leash.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:03:42 PM EDT
[#41]
That kid is broken.

Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:04:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Absolutely they can.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely they can.

I remember a thread here about some psycotic little girl that got adopted. Scared the shit out of the foster parents and had to dump her fast. The deal breaker was waking up with her standing over the parents in bed with a large knife.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:06:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I had an electronic fingerprint safe that my seven year old daughter could open. I had her check before I put a gun in it. Needless to say it was returned.
View Quote

I had one that I turned upsidedown while I was moving it and it popped open and dropped my gun out.

so they might have thought it was safe, but not their fault.

I figured out what was wrong and fixed it, but still. stack on safes aren't very safe.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Born a serial killer?

A friend I had in elementary school had a younger cousin who was absolutely psycho. He violently attacked pretty much everyone he came in contact with at some point.

Once, my friend, a few of his other cousins, and I were playing at his house. Psycho cousin comes in the room, pulls a kitchen knife from behind his back, and charges at us. We all ran out of the room(it was a shotgun house; two-doors to each room) and shut the door. The kid then stabbed the door repeatedly.

The family acted as if it wasn't that big of a deal. My friend and his other cousins laughed about it.

I remember the kid's mom always talking about how he was on medication. Out of curiosity, I've search for him online. Never get any results, though. If he's still alive, he's probably in some sort of facility.

Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:11:23 PM EDT
[#45]
I read an article earlier today about a meeting with the school board... sounds like the school there is one where they won't punish kids who misbehave.

And by misbehave, I mean hit, kick, bite and otherwise assault teachers... who can't do anything. The kid gets sent to the office, then sent right back into the classroom.

I read a few of the comments... Sounds like the administrators are trying to maintain numbers, can't have kids expelled or otherwise disciplined.

But nobody seems to have mentioned... Kids that act like little fucking monsters... is the fault of the parents. And I'd wager a ton of the kids that have "issues" don't have fathers at home.

I read a statistic somewhere recently... the US has the highest rate of children living in fatherless homes.... and it was something like 38M kids.

The lefties that have destroyed families and run schools with touchy-feely "don't discipline the kids, that's not FAIR!" attitudes are fucking children out of getting good educations.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:13:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I wanna see a pic of mom. I gotta feelin'.
View Quote

A lack of descriptors... hmmmm
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:17:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Holy shit.

View Quote

My wife has taught in a Virginia high school for 26 years.  For the last ten years she has been a team teacher in classes with special needs students.  She is intimately familiar with Individual Educational Plans in Virginia.  She has never encountered or heard of a plan in which a student's parent attends class and says that would be a violation of the rules.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#48]
I capped my teacher when I was six yeas old. = Instant street cred.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:27:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:42:54 PM EDT
[#50]
I've taught for almost 30 years. Never heard of a parent being required to be in the classroom with their kid.  Wow.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top