Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 159
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:41:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, these guys will likely walk. At most, plea out to a brief stay in the pokie and probation.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:44:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pcsutton:
Come on, just admit it...you're one of those people who don't believe in carrying a gun for self protection....and that we should all cower in fear and run away from danger. Especially if we have physical limitations due to age or infirmity.

I carry everyday.  Doesn't mean I have to be a knuckle dragging asshole twitching to shoot someone.  Using good and common sense and wisely picking your battles goes a long way towards keeping your finances and freedom intact.  
You sound like someone who is actually scared of society.  Fear biting dogs are dangerous and so are fearful people that carry.
I'll ALWAYS avoid a confrontation if possible.  It's just good business.  I have nothing to prove and hope to God I never find myself in a situation where I actually really need to draw and fire.  Complicates your life. ALWAYS costs money.
I don't think we should all cower in fear BUT, I'll "run away " from danger when I can...... just like these two heroes should have.... and will most definitely wish they did for the rest of their lives.
I am prepared to defend myself and my family and I'll save all the trouble and heartache for when it really matters.  I'll walk away from an unstable nut every time if I can.  It just ain't worth it.

That we should meekly accept being fined by the city code compliance folks for having foreign substances in their precious garbage dumpster instead of trying to follow the law. That we have no business tending to our daily lives or minding our own business...because a boogey man might confront us. Or that we have no right to self defense when confronted by a lunatic, screaming that he's gonna kill us, because we are tending to our personal business.

LOL!  My garbage isn't high on my list of things to worry about .  You keep defending the dynamic duo who went out looking for trouble.

Seems that you can't follow any logic, even after the facts are laid out for you.

Yeah, fact is two fat shirtless guys went out looking for trouble and found it.  Now they will regret it for the rest of their lives.  Bet on that.

Why are you on a gun board again?

Well, not to show how badass I am or how willing I am to shoot another human being when it is completely avoidable. That's for sure. If I can avoid killing someone I will and have.  I have no bloodlust or fantasies of seeing blood and hearing my firearm go bang.

Sometimes like in this particular case I don't feel the need to follow the 11th commandment of " stand muh ground ".

But, you be you and if the big bad man has shit running down your leg you do what you think you need to do.   Don't walk away and let karma or the police deal with him, just shoot him and change your life forever if you think it's worth it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:46:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Say what you want about the father/son shake 'n bake duo, but they did just what they said they would.  The son shoulder mounted that shotgun and let him have it.  Dad backing up the son, son backing up the dad.  Not the best shoot, but I wouldn't convict them of murder.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:46:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TX03RUBI] [#4]
Originally Posted By 74novaman:

It is a case of assholes colliding.  Only difference between them is you assumed guilt and innocence of the assholes based on a partial recording released by the dead assholes significant other and the poor conclusions you drew from that partial recording.

Don’t do that.
View Quote
I didn’t assume innocence. I assumed guilt on all sides. I still think that the father and son duo are just as guilty. It’s not their job to be the neighborhood trash patrol. If they felt the need to take weapons out there then they shouldn’t have been there in the first place. Like I said assholes. Everyone of them.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 3rdpig:
It's amazing to me how different some of us here see the exact same event. It's also surprising how some just invent things that aren't in the video, or are in the video but are the exact opposite of their invention, or hasn't been reported on at all. The most egregious of these are "fatties came with the intent" and "fatty Dad came out with gun in hand". And there are others as well.

Seriously, if you're saying this stuff you need to stop and listen carefully. You don't really know these things, you made them up. While you may believe it's true, you had to make it up first. And that's a mental illness right there. If I were you I'd stop doing this because it's only going to cause you serious grief in life.

And that's my PSA for the day. Now I'll crack a beer and enjoy the stupidity.
View Quote
Haha no grief in life thanks for playing though
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:48:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By frayedknot:

You know the old guy had the pistol in his hand from the beginning?

And why does carrying a pistol in one’s hand automatically mean they are looking for trouble?
View Quote
In TX you aren't supposed to display a handgun in plain view of another person without it being secured by a holster. That is, unless you are trying to prevent another use or attempted use of unlawful deadly force. So if he strolled around the alley with the pistol out trying to impose his own will with the garbage situation, he has already committed a crime (brandishing). They're going to have to argue that his conduct was immediately necessary to prevent against imminent harm. And given the info we have so far I think he can make a case (orange t-shirt guy is probably unbalanced), but I don't think it is a strong one.

All this is, is a case of two dumbasses colliding. Neither one was right.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:48:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
If the prosecution can prove the shooters provoked the dead guy I think the shooters lose their self defense claim. You never know but also keep in mind these two idiots also probably gave very damning statements to investigators.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Towely:

No and that's going to hurt them in court but that is the only bit of evidence I'm seeing that's going to really hurt them.  Factoring in the conversation prior to him saying "take your swing" and I don't see it as enough for a conviction.

The only reason, it will be argued, that they no longer acted in fear for their lives is because they were armed.  Prior to brandishing their firearms they absolutely were in fear for their lives(which for all I know could be true with how psycho the dearly departed was).  Despite being armed once dead dude decided to arm himself with a bat they were back at being in fear for their lives.
If the prosecution can prove the shooters provoked the dead guy I think the shooters lose their self defense claim. You never know but also keep in mind these two idiots also probably gave very damning statements to investigators.
That's a great point, these guys don't strike me as the "smart enough to not talk to cops after a deadly use of force event" type.

The defense is likely going to argue that the shooters were in fear for their lives and didn't even know how to respond to the levels of aggression they were faced with.  That guy was WELL off the rails prior to the antagonizing.  I did cringe when I heard him telling the guy to take a swing.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:48:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:50:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TX03RUBI:

I didn’t assume innocence. I assumed guilt on all sides. I still think that the father and son duo are just as guilty. It’s not their job to be the neighborhood trash patrol. If they felt the need to take weapons out there then they shouldn’t have been there in the first place. Like I said assholes. Everyone of them.
View Quote
I will say I don’t think they’re quite guilty of murder. Maybe felony stupidity. It’ll probably get plead down to a lesser charge.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By war_path:
Say what you want about the father/son shake 'n bake duo, but they did just what they said they would.  The son shoulder mounted that shotgun and let him have it.  Dad backing up the son, son backing up the dad.  Not the best shoot, but I wouldn't convict them of murder.
View Quote
These days it's just nice to see a father taking the time to participate in activities with his son.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TDIllini:
In TX you aren't supposed to display a handgun in plain view of another person without it being secured by a holster. That is, unless you are trying to prevent another use or attempted use of unlawful deadly force. So if he strolled around the alley with the pistol out trying to impose his own will with the garbage situation, he has already committed a crime (brandishing). They're going to have to argue that his conduct was immediately necessary to prevent against imminent harm. And given the info we have so far I think he can make a case (orange t-shirt guy is probably unbalanced), but I don't think it is a strong one.

View All Quotes

And why does carrying a pistol in one’s hand automatically mean they are looking for trouble?

I thought Texans valued freedom?
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:00:17 PM EDT
[#12]
At first I thought jr had a bikini top on.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:01:37 PM EDT
[#13]
A banana slug with a tie could get an indictment. Can you imagine what statements the fatsos made?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:

They will not be convicted. Not sure it will pass a Grand Jury.
A banana slug with a tie could get an indictment. Can you imagine what statements the fatsos made?
A banana slug with a tie could get them off as well with the prior history of the deceased, statements by the wife about him having intermittent explosive disorder, and the deceased's own interactions with APD, USPS, and Facebook postings.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:02:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dipper] [#14]
That's a great point, these guys don't strike me as the "smart enough to not talk to cops after a deadly use of force event" type.

The defense is likely going to argue that the shooters were in fear for their lives and didn't even know how to respond to the levels of aggression they were faced with.

FFS!  Are you serious ?  Did you watch the vid?  First, did you see Junior who is supposedly " in fear for his life " with that shotgun slung over his shoulder like he was waiting his turn at the local skeet match? He looked like a bad movie extra .  Did he look " in fear for his life" to you ?

Did fat ass Dad look " in fear for his life" when he was taunting Mr. Orange shirt to swing on him?

You think that was such a display of high level aggression?  You must have lived a sheltered damn life.  I've  had bosses yell at me worse than that.

Now Mr. Orange shirt / dead guy was highly pissed because HE was confronted with TWO guys and TWO firearms...... that's a level of aggression WAY above words and rantings.

That guy was WELL off the rails prior to the antagonizing.  I did cringe when I heard him telling the guy to take a swing.
View All Quotes

No and that's going to hurt them in court but that is the only bit of evidence I'm seeing that's going to really hurt them.  Factoring in the conversation prior to him saying "take your swing" and I don't see it as enough for a conviction.

The only reason, it will be argued, that they no longer acted in fear for their lives is because they were armed.  Prior to brandishing their firearms they absolutely were in fear for their lives(which for all I know could be true with how psycho the dearly departed was).  Despite being armed once dead dude decided to arm himself with a bat they were back at being in fear for their lives.

The defense is likely going to argue that the shooters were in fear for their lives and didn't even know how to respond to the levels of aggression they were faced with.

FFS!  Are you serious ?  Did you watch the vid?  First, did you see Junior who is supposedly " in fear for his life " with that shotgun slung over his shoulder like he was waiting his turn at the local skeet match? He looked like a bad movie extra .  Did he look " in fear for his life" to you ?

Did fat ass Dad look " in fear for his life" when he was taunting Mr. Orange shirt to swing on him?

You think that was such a display of high level aggression?  You must have lived a sheltered damn life.  I've  had bosses yell at me worse than that.

Now Mr. Orange shirt / dead guy was highly pissed because HE was confronted with TWO guys and TWO firearms...... that's a level of aggression WAY above words and rantings.

That guy was WELL off the rails prior to the antagonizing.  I did cringe when I heard him telling the guy to take a swing.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:04:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pike] [#15]
"...trying to impose his own will with the garbage situation..."

It's the city's rules for use of a shared can.

Retard with the cell phone said: "If it's not in the can they won't take it!".

No shit lady, a mattress/box spring is bulky trash and has separate handling rules. Any moron would understand if you can't close the lid, vermin get in the garbage and spread garbage all over the place. Any moron would understand an entire mattress IN the can uses up pretty much all the space even if closing the lid weren't important (which it is).

I'm surprised Abilene requires sane (even if fat) people to share a single trash can with neighbors (especially when those neighbors are both profoundly stupid and insane).
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:06:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Roost426:
2 guys with real firearms and this guys plan is to continue being a dick and get a bat or a BB gun . Multiple assholes collided
View Quote
Had a guys 120 pound cujo at gun point.  Had wife call 911.  Owner came at me with 1/2 as in split 2x6.  He was screaming he ain't bit you yet.  WTF, ain't bit you yet.  We both about shot the owner and the dog.  Deputy told him the same.

Meth is a hell of a drug.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:08:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Takeaway is "don't threaten to kill two people with guns"
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:12:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Doom85:
http://i.4cdn.org/k/1537487033403.png
View Quote
That yellow really is slimming isn't it?
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:13:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Who knows what happened off camera but they were pumping themselves up to shoot him.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By beardog296:

Depends on the jury. Anyone with half a brain can figure out from the moments leading up to the shooting exactly what orange shirt did.

I'm not saying I want the fatties for my neighbors, but something caused them to shoot and it wasn't mean words.
Who knows what happened off camera but they were pumping themselves up to shoot him.
I disagree.  Deceased was pumping himself up to attack.  Old fattie never traded insults, didn't call anyone a faggot, and threatened to shoot only if the deceased came within 3 feet - which after saying he was going to kill them multiple times - he ended up doing.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:14:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Pike:

No shit lady, a mattress/box spring is bulky trash and has separate handling rules. Any moron would understand if you can't close the lid, vermin get in the garbage and spread garbage all over the place. Any moron would understand an entire mattress IN the can uses up pretty much all the space even if closing the lid weren't important (which it is).

I'm surprised Abilene requires sane (even if fat) people to share a single trash can with neighbors (especially when those neighbors are both profoundly stupid and insane).
View Quote
Dead guy should have taken his anger out on the mattress and then it would have fit
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#21]
http://i.4cdn.org/k/1537487940814.png
View Quote
LOL!
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:24:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Pike:

View Quote
Most of West Texas uses shared dumpsters. I can’t think of anywhere around that doesn’t. Head east a couple hours and that’s not the case though.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:26:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Tag for the outcome of this nonsense.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:26:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Retards but not guilty.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:31:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Why didn't they take and then destroy the cell phone? Of course that would be wrong too. Maybe I've subconciously chosen their side.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:32:12 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote
Fuckin 4chan
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:33:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Those idiots will be real popular in prison.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:37:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: boltcatch] [#28]
View All Quotes

You have to at least go through the motions.

If these two guys had been standing there with holstered pistols when Mr. Rage-problem produced the bat, then they'd have been a lot better off.

As it is, they still may walk anyways.    If they do, ironically the video will have helped that happen.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:38:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By JVD:
Fucking Wyatt Burp and the shootout at the Golden Corral
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:40:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By TX03RUBI:

No I’m not saying because they had guns they were looking for a fight. I’m saying because they arrived guns in hand they were looking for a fight. If you go looking to confront an individual that is unarmed, then keep the fucker holstered or don’t do it at all.
View Quote
How should he have holstered his shotgun?

Or is self defense in your world limited to only certain firearms?

How did they ascertain that the enraged man was in fact, unarmed?

You are denying them their right to defend themselves because they are holding firearms.

You didn't answer my question:  Since they did have firearms in their hands, what acts of violence do you believe they have to tolerate before they can use those firearms?  
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:40:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By j0eschm0:
When two dudes with guns tell you to get off their property... get the fuck off their property.

Even if it isn't actually theirs.

JFC, hate to say it, but the fucker that got smoked fucking BEGGED for it.

So, they gave it to him.

Zero Fucks Given.
View Quote
yep....good shoot.....guy told him to back up

I will say the son didn't wait to shoot that shotgun and cover his dad.  He needs to practice with it...you see it flop out of his hands...lol.

I seriously don't care and that is what I would tell the wife after I let them walk.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:41:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Seriously like a episode of trailer park boys
View Quote

This 100%.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:43:51 PM EDT
[#33]
:20 "Come closer to me, I'm gonna kill ya

:33 "point it at me, motherfucker! Point it at me! (Saying this while stepping towards the old guy with his fist balled up and jerking his arm back)

:37 Take your swing

:45 "I will kill you dead, I promise, you're both dead.

:50 "Ahh, I doubt it"

:55 "You're in a alley with a fucking shotgun, you piece of shit. I'm going to kill you"

:58 "I doubt it"

1:00 "First of all; If you're gonna show this video to the cops, you might want to stop saying you're gonna kill us"

1:03 "Oh no! I don't give a fuck! I will fucking Kill you!

1:05 "back off"

1:10 "pull that gun one more time, I'll put a bullet through your head"

Approximately 30 seconds of old guy saying "Take your swing" and Orange dude saying "Point it at me"

1:30 "You're a dead man"

1:30 "I doubt it"

1:38 "You're a bitch and I'm gonna kill you too"

1:39 "Fuck you, cocksucker"

1:40 "Fuck you, you little faggot" And something else I couldn't make out

1:45 "jagoff"

1:48 "You're dead"

1:50 A couple "Ahh doubt it" and a "better quit threaten"

1:55 "Gimme that gun" mumbling "Gimme the baseball bat"

2:00 "if you come within 3 foot of me I'm gonna kill ya"

2:10 "You're dead"

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article218728710.html

As tempers flare, Box steps in between her husband and John Miller. Howard’s brother has handed him a baseball bat by this time, but he never swung it, his wife said.

“If you come within 3 feet of me, I’m going to kill you,” Miller tells Howard. Seconds later, two gunshots are heard. The video also shows Michael Miller firing the shotgun after the first two shots are fired.
View Quote
Dude was armed and a baseball bat will kill a mother fucker.

https://ktxs.com/news/abilene/caught-on-camera-abilene-father-son-kill-neighbor-over-trash

KTXS reached out to Taylor County District Attorney Jim Hicks for a comment. He had not yet seen the video and asked us to send him a copy.
View Quote
Murder charges and the DA hasn't seen the video yet?
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:45:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Towely] [#34]
Originally Posted By Dipper:
View All Quotes

Alrighty then...

As impressed as I am with your ability to let your bosses treat you like shit without walking, I'm a Marine and have been on the receiving end of some pretty substantial ass chewings.  If you can't understand the difference between getting cussed out by your boss and encountering an emotionally unstable retard in the streets then I really can't help you.

edit:  Yeah, that guy was clearly in fear when he was saying "Take your swing."  Your inability to read body language and catch verbal cues doesn't change that.

Apparently you know exactly what happened prior to the camera rolling.  Source?
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:47:01 PM EDT
[#35]
What round for man-titties?
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:53:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Tachyon_01:
What round for man-titties?
View Quote
size double D buckshot
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:53:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Poor guy.

Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:55:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Wreckshooter:
Article

View All Quotes
Article

“That day,” said Box. “The first time they had ever talked.”
“His son fired with a shotgun and I guess it was a scattershot because it took his eye, the top of his head, his ear,” said Box.
“He had what’s called IED (intermittent explosive disorder), but he was getting help for it," Box said.
Box said that the argument escalated in a way that she never could have imagined, with the Millers pulling out guns and Howard wielding a baseball bat.

"He [Howard] didn’t even swing it, he threw it over both of their heads and it landed behind them in the alley,” Box said. “That’s when the old man fired past my face and shot Aaron in the chest twice with the pistol.”

After that, Michael proceeded to fire at Howard for himself.

“His son fired with a shotgun and I guess it was a scattershot because it took his eye, the top of his head, his ear,” said Box.

Box and Howard were together for nearly two years and helped each other through their personal struggles in life, such as Howard's lifelong battle with mental health issues.

“He had what’s called IED (intermittent explosive disorder), but he was getting help for it," Box said.
Dead guy had mental health issues. I've never heard of Intermittent Explosive Disorder, but I'd bet money he's got multiple assault priors in his criminal history based solely on his response to the two armed tele-chubbies.
Wife admitted he was armed with a baseball bat and threw at them after threatening them with death.

I seriously doubt they are getting convicted of murder.
I could easily see them getting off completely.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:55:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Article

View All Quotes
Article

That's where Jr fucked up. You don't shoot IEDs. You call it in and wait 3-6 hours for EOD to show up.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:59:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 11:04:37 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
The graphic is amazing.

Great work!
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 11:10:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 11:14:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone else see the guy in the black tank top?
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 11:15:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 11:19:53 PM EDT
[#45]
If the two fat guys were replaced with clean-cut police officers, everyone here would be saying "good shoot;" even the Californians who are too embarrassed to display their state.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 11:22:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By fargo007:

How should he have holstered his shotgun?

Or is self defense in your world limited to only certain firearms?

How did they ascertain that the enraged man was in fact, unarmed?

You are denying them their right to defend themselves because they are holding firearms.

You didn't answer my question:  Since they did have firearms in their hands, what acts of violence do you believe they have to tolerate before they can use those firearms?  
View Quote
Learn about Texas law before trying to be billy badass here. Lol
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 11:23:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Looking at court records against the guy (Orange shirt)

16 criminal record hits
Felony retaliation (Threatening someone, but dismissed)
Harrasment
Class A Criminal mischeif

7 thefts

civil/family/probate
3 evictions
1 protection order

The old guy
Assault w/ deadly weapon in '77 (Reduced to minor level)
2 felony charges of theft in '79 (Dropped?)
unlawful carrying of firearm in '79 (dropped)
retaliation (I can't find whether these charges stuck or not).

Mr Moustache chesthair

No criminal or civil records i could find.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 11:37:04 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pcsutton:
Come on, just admit it...you're one of those people who don't believe in carrying a gun for self protection....and that we should all cower in fear and run away from danger. Especially if we have physical limitations due to age or infirmity.

I carry everyday.  Doesn't mean I have to be a knuckle dragging asshole twitching to shoot someone.  Using good and common sense and wisely picking your battles goes a long way towards keeping your finances and freedom intact.  
You sound like someone who is actually scared of society.  Fear biting dogs are dangerous and so are fearful people that carry.
I'll ALWAYS avoid a confrontation if possible.  It's just good business.  I have nothing to prove and hope to God I never find myself in a situation where I actually really need to draw and fire.  Complicates your life. ALWAYS costs money.
I don't think we should all cower in fear BUT, I'll "run away " from danger when I can...... just like these two heroes should have.... and will most definitely wish they did for the rest of their lives.
I am prepared to defend myself and my family and I'll save all the trouble and heartache for when it really matters.  I'll walk away from an unstable nut every time if I can.  It just ain't worth it.

That we should meekly accept being fined by the city code compliance folks for having foreign substances in their precious garbage dumpster instead of trying to follow the law. That we have no business tending to our daily lives or minding our own business...because a boogey man might confront us. Or that we have no right to self defense when confronted by a lunatic, screaming that he's gonna kill us, because we are tending to our personal business.

LOL!  My garbage isn't high on my list of things to worry about .  You keep defending the dynamic duo who went out looking for trouble.

Seems that you can't follow any logic, even after the facts are laid out for you.

Yeah, fact is two fat shirtless guys went out looking for trouble and found it.  Now they will regret it for the rest of their lives.  Bet on that.

Why are you on a gun board again?

Well, not to show how badass I am or how willing I am to shoot another human being when it is completely avoidable. That's for sure. If I can avoid killing someone I will and have.  I have no bloodlust or fantasies of seeing blood and hearing my firearm go bang.

Sometimes like in this particular case I don't feel the need to follow the 11th commandment of " stand muh ground ".

But, you be you and if the big bad man has shit running down your leg you do what you think you need to do.   Don't walk away and let karma or the police deal with him, just shoot him and change your life forever if you think it's worth it.
I too go out of my way to avoid confrontations, but I don’t think the father/son acted out of the bounds of the law.  I would no bill them if I were on the grand jury.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 11:39:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Not guilty if I'm on the jury. Also, they best have some carbonated beverages during jury deliberations.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 11:42:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pike] [#50]
Good that TX is a grand jury state if you are a defendant in this case.

Prosecutor can present what he wants to the grand jury in the way he wants to present it.

Prosecutor doesn't own the grand jury's no bill.
Page / 159
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top