Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Welcome to the Wild West.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 79CJ7:
Orange shirt guy is one of the biggest imbeciles I've ever seen on an internet video.  That having been said, the father son non-dynamic fat duo are going to be convicted of murder.  You can't brandish a firearm for 3+ minutes to try and gain leverage in your argument over a mattress and then shoot a guy because he's not accepting your version of the argument while standing in a public alley.  All parties should have walked back to their respective properties which were mere feet away and called the police over the mattress dumping.
Welcome to the Wild West.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:35:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Pike:
Read all the facts about this case before you judge folks because they have a gut and are shaped like a pear.
View Quote
The fat guys deliver.  I wouldn't be surprise if that doesn't start a trend here.

Maybe even a annual calendar with fat shirtless guys with their .380s and shotguns.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:36:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By toastandjam:

Did the dumpster lid close all the way with the mattress in it?
View Quote
Heavy trash day is serious business.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:36:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Kiran04:
His son called the other guy a cocksucker, but it was Mr. Orange shirt that was just completely delusional and out of control.  I don't know about you, but if there were two drawn guns in an alleyway, I'd want the fuck out of that alleyway as fast as I possibly could.  But no, this guy genuinely believed he could come out on top, so he made his move and ended up splattered on the gravel for it.  Don't bring a baseball bat to a gun fight and then try to start the fight with said baseball bat.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kiran04:
Originally Posted By bagofcrabs65:

Either party should have walked away.

Both were on neutral ground. The ally was behind the house of the guy who was killed...
The men with the firearms made clear their intentions. Then, they got emotionally involved, especially the son. He was making outright threats.
His son called the other guy a cocksucker, but it was Mr. Orange shirt that was just completely delusional and out of control.  I don't know about you, but if there were two drawn guns in an alleyway, I'd want the fuck out of that alleyway as fast as I possibly could.  But no, this guy genuinely believed he could come out on top, so he made his move and ended up splattered on the gravel for it.  Don't bring a baseball bat to a gun fight and then try to start the fight with said baseball bat.
My only gripe was that the son continued to shoot well after dad shot the bigger guy a couple times. Granted I couldn't see what was going on behind the camera, and whether or not the threat was ended when dad fired a couple times. I just saw son cocking the shotgun and shooting wayyyy late and taking half the big dude's head off.

Lots of stupid all around. I dont know the law in Texas (This was Texas right?) but me personally, I try to avoid encounters with shitheads when I am carrying, and if i can just leave so I don't have to potentially kill someone, great. De-escalate, leave, etc. If the big assbrain had shut his stupid fucking macho mouth, he could have called the police. If the Trailer Park Boys Randy lookalikes had walked away as soon as big guy was howling that he was going to kill them and called the police, everyone would be alive there.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:37:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Total bullshit.

Google City of Abilene solid waste.

Ignorance at Tsar Bomba levels.

View Quote
http://abilenetx.gov/city-hall/departments/public-works/solid-waste-services/collection-services

There's literally nothing there that says not to put a mattress in a dumpster.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:37:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Muffin top is going to get all the shockwave he can handle in prison.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:38:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Aikibiker:

Adrenaline in that kind of situation is a motherfucker.  Triggers the fight or flight reflex and takes away your ability to reason properly.  Been where those pear shaped dudes were standing many times at work and felt it pretty often.  Fortunately nowadays I tend to keep my mouth shut when I feel the adrenaline take away my higher thought processes, but that is far and away a learned behavior and I still do stupid stuff, just not as much.

A couple guys who obviously lived a pretty sedentary life probably had very little experience with adrenal stress and their body's reaction to it.  Of course they said dumb illogical shit and made mistakes, they were scared and their minds weren't working correctly because a lot of the blood that would ordinarily carry oxygen to their brain was currently collecting in their body core to protect them from going into shock after an anticipated injury.  That is the physical science of it.  The psychology of it is another matter, but basically they got blindsided by the guy not responding rationally when they pulled out guns and got caught in a mental loop of "WTF do I do NOW?" which was aggravated by the adrenaline making it hard for them to think.
View Quote
Very good analysis!
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:40:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Well if we get nothing else from this incident, can we all finally agree that a shotgun is a solid choice for personal defense against more than birds.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:40:46 AM EDT
[#9]
The father may have been justified taking the shot because it probably stopped the attack.  Junior’s follow up head canoe shot with the shot gun was outright murder.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:41:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By RR_Broccoli:

That's new york thinking dude.

Stay out of the rest of the country.  Having a firearm out in response to a threat is not "brandishing."  All parties should have walked away, however one was out of control raging so turning your back on him probably meant getting attacked. The neighbors likely KNEW this guy was like this already.  And, likely they also knew he would spend a bunch of time fucking with them later as well.

Some of you guys need to look up the definition of some words.  Start with "brandishing".

If your loved ones have mental illness, get them into institutions. The rest of us do not deserve to be subjected to their bullshit. Take them out of society if they can't handle it, or society may solve the problem in other ways.
View Quote
I realize that laws vary by state.  But most states are pretty consistent in that you draw and fire in response to a threat to your life or safety.  You don't hold a firearm in your hand and randomly point it back and forth at the ground or a person while you argue over the placement of a mattress.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:41:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Some reports say the Father pulled his pistol after being confronted by Mr. Orange Shirt. The son heard the altercation and came out to defend his Father. I believe TX laws allows a third party to use lethal force to protect someone.

As for who egged who and how that comes into play. That is for the jury to decide.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:42:16 AM EDT
[#12]

http://abilenetx.gov/city-hall/departments/public-works/solid-waste-services/collection-services

View Quote
You are a poor reader and potentially blind.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:43:35 AM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes

I assume the big guy was going to put the mattress back into the dumpster and the other guys came out there with guns to stop him from doing that...….right?
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:45:30 AM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes

Watch out, that might trigger an IED.

Seems furniture is a bulk item.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:47:15 AM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes

Looks like the big guy was right.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:48:44 AM EDT
[#16]

I realize that laws vary by state.  But most states are pretty consistent in that you draw and fire in response to a threat to your life or safety.  You don't hold a firearm in your hand and randomly point it back and forth at the ground or a person while you argue over the placement of a mattress.
View Quote
No state says you need to draw and fire in response to a threat.

They only say you can't use an unjustified display of a weapon for intimidation or threat purposes.  Drawing (or walking out with a shotgun) because there is a perceived threat and not shooting is NOT brandishing.

Again, read the laws of your state.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:50:04 AM EDT
[#17]

They only say you can't use an unjustified display of a weapon for intimidation or threat purposes.  Drawing (or walking out with a shotgun) because there is a perceived threat and not shooting is NOT brandishing.

View All Quotes

I agree with you entirely...….WHY did they walk out there with their guns???
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:53:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By RDak:
I assume the big guy was going to put the mattress back into the dumpster and the other guys came out there with guns to stop him from doing that...….right?
View All Quotes

Wasn't even a dumpster but a 300 gallon shared container.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:54:54 AM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes

Yeah and the rule said you can't do that like the big guy was saying.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:57:20 AM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes

Looks like the alley had a 300gallon container that was shared between a few of the residents of the area.  Bulk items, to include furniture, are not to be placed in it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:58:26 AM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes

Which big guy?

Old shirtless fat man or young shirtless fat man?
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:00:58 AM EDT
[#22]
I would seriously choose pear-shaped jurors.

Come at me bro!
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:01:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Read all the facts about this case before you judge folks because they have a gut and are shaped like a pear.
View Quote
White trash is white trash.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:05:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBoar] [#24]
Originally Posted By 1811guy:
The father may have been justified taking the shot because it probably stopped the attack.  Junior’s follow up head canoe shot with the shot gun was outright murder.
View Quote
Not if the guy was still standing and Jr believed he may still be a threat.  Perhaps in his mind Dad shot at the tall psycho hillbilly and the bullets failed to STOPor possibly missed and believed the big tard still may have had some fight in him? Video doesn't tell the whole story.

Either way its a bunch of flabby rednecks doing redneck shit. This is the White version of the hood. I have no sympathy for a single one of them,
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:10:59 AM EDT
[#25]
WTF did I just watch!!??
View Quote
A prime example of ‘when assholes collide’.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:14:18 AM EDT
[#26]

Ironically, it seems dead guy was right about the mattress.  You're not supposed to put it on the ground for trash pickup, but you are supposed to put it in the dumpster, which he did.  Then the two fatasses took it out of the dumpster and threw it onto orange shirt guys property.  He was in the process of putting it back in the dumpster when the other two inbreds showed up with guns.
View Quote
I wouldn't have chosen to commit suicide over a mattress, but he chose to and I respect his rights for his property.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:15:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By WildBoar:

Not if the guy was still standing and Jr believed he may still be a threat.  Perhaps in his mind Dad shot at the tall psycho hillbilly and the bullets failed to STOPor possibly missed and believed the big tard still may have had some fight in him? Video doesn't tell the whole story.

Either way its a bunch of flabby rednecks doing redneck shit. This is the White version of the hood. I have no sympathy for a single one of them,
View Quote
Does a threat have to fall to the ground to not be a threat anymore?
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:17:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By 1811guy:
View Quote
It's how the Seals handle business.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:24:54 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote
That's exactly what it was - displaying a weapon for intimidation.  He thought he was right about the mattress and drew his gun to attempt to gain the upper hand in the argument.  Orange shirt guy didn't have his brother get his bat until after the other two inbreds showed up with guns drawn.  There was no credible threat before they drew their guns, and they were waving their guns around for 3+ minutes while arguing about the mattress.  Orange shirt inbred had just as much right to be in the alley as the other two inbreds.  Father son inbreds should have taken a few steps back to their property and called the police to handle the mattress situation rather than pointing guns at the guy to intimidate him into removing the mattress.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:26:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Why must us testosterone filled men refuse to turn the other cheek and seek conflict resolution instead of pounding our chests like gorillas.

Feel bad for the wife. As much as she may not have been helping the situation to see that unfold in front of you must have been horrible. And then there's the kids.

Sheesh.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:27:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Shirtless family will likely go down for something.

Orange guy made more poor choices.

Looked like orange got his bat (or was given) , moved close enough to call bluff, and was shot. They were not bluffing. I think he threw the bat in response to being shot when Jr leveled his shotgun and blew his face off defending pops.

I could probably be swayed either way on a jury
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:31:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Taxmantoo] [#32]

I completely understand that...…..is that why they had their guns with them?
View All Quotes

I completely understand that...…..is that why they had their guns with them?
You need a reason to carry a firearm?
This is ArfCom, I thought everybody here carried 24/7.

Elder Miller, according to Box, pulled a pistol out of his shorts (holster) when Howard confronted him.
One might assume that younger Miller saw dad in an armed standoff and grabbed his Shockwave for backup.

Hard to say it's two on one if Howard's brother was there with a ball bat.

From what I read, I think based on statements from Box (the screamer with the cell phone), Howard threw the mattress in the dumpster that the city provided for the residents' use. Somebody threw it in Howard's yard. Howard put it back in the dumpster. Old Miller took it out. Howard ordered Miller to put it back and Miller refused. (then we can surmise that Howard started yelling threats before Miller drew his sidearm and Box started recording)
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:34:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pike] [#33]
Originally Posted By apierce918:
Shirtless family will likely go down for something.

Orange guy made more poor choices.

Looked like orange got his bat (or was given) , moved close enough to call bluff, and was shot. They were not bluffing. I think he threw the bat in response to being shot when Jr leveled his shotgun and blew his face off defending pops.

I could probably be swayed either way on a jury
View Quote
Orange guy requested and was subseqeuntly delivered the bat that will end up justifying the shooting.

Is a baseball bat at 3 feet a deadly threat?

I wouldn't turn my back on that orange ranting psycho.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:35:00 AM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

It seemed from the video that the common dumpster was not on the property of either party in the dispute.  It stands to reason that the shirtless pair left their property with weapons to confront orange guy at the dumpster which is in a common area.  It's hard to claim self defense when you've traveled armed to a confrontation.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:35:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By beardog296:
Well if we get nothing else from this incident, can we all finally agree that a shotgun is a solid choice for personal defense against more than birds.
View Quote
Seems more effective than an AR.

Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:35:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By bagofcrabs65:

White trash is white trash.
View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:37:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pike] [#37]
WOW.

Part of concealed carry classes should be reading this board on self-defense shootings.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:37:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Some reports say the Father pulled his pistol after being confronted by Mr. Orange Shirt. The son heard the altercation and came out to defend his Father. I believe TX laws allows a third party to use lethal force to protect someone.

As for who egged who and how that comes into play. That is for the jury to decide.
View Quote
Not sure of the law, in Texas should the son have called the law first (maybe he did, I haven’t been following this thread closely) before going out there to defend his father?
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:41:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By josepha1:
Not sure of the law, in Texas should the son have called the law first (maybe he did, I haven’t been following this thread closely) before going out there to defend his father?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By josepha1:

Listen to the news conference from the Abilene LE. As soon as the rep is done he goes on at length about how overtaxed his resources are and how stressed and overwhelmed his dispatchers are.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:43:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By rca2222:
It seemed from the video that the common dumpster was not on the property of either party in the dispute.  It stands to reason that the shirtless pair left their property with weapons to confront orange guy at the dumpster which is in a common area.  It's hard to claim self defense when you've traveled armed to a confrontation.
View All Quotes

From a couple of news articles, the old man was out there with his pistol in his pocket when Mr. Rage lit up.

Odds are the Fat Family lived there for years and knew how the 300 gallon shared trash collection worked, which included the rules by the city that bulk trash, to include furniture, is not to be placed inside it.  Bulk is collected separately, outside of the container.  Anyway, Mr. Orange shirt put the mattress in the container one day, it was removed by the Fat boys.  Mr. Orange shirt went into a rage, started yelling screaming, making threats, screaming at the mail man, yelling at clouds to get away from his windows, and other nonsense.  Fat boy junior came out, pulled out the Shockwave shotgun from behind his mustache and a standoff occurred.  Mr. Orange shirt called for a baseball bat and the fiance started running her mouth and then pew-pew and blam-blam happened.

And now I want a Shockwave shotgun.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:44:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Taxmantoo:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Taxmantoo:

Carry?  Sure.  Have it in your hand waving it around and pointing it at people while you try to get them to remove a mattress?  No.

From what I read, I think based on statements from Box (the screamer with the cell phone), Howard threw the mattress in the dumpster that the city provided for the residents' use. Somebody threw it in Howard's yard. Howard put it back in the dumpster. Old Miller took it out. Howard ordered Miller to put it back and Miller refused. (then we can surmise that Howard started yelling threats before Miller drew his sidearm and Box started recording)
When you have a dispute like this with the neighbors, you call the police and let them sort it out.  Confronting them with guns in an attempt to "get your way" whether or not your way is correct is not going to generally end well.

As for Orange Shirt inbred having his brother retrieve the bat, while it's ludicrous to bring a bat to a gun fight, he had every justification to arm himself and "stand his ground" on public property while he was not committing a crime after someone else pointed a gun at him.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:45:49 AM EDT
[#42]

Stay out of the rest of the country.  Having a firearm out in response to a threat is not "brandishing."  All parties should have walked away, however one was out of control raging so turning your back on him probably meant getting attacked. The neighbors likely KNEW this guy was like this already.  And, likely they also knew he would spend a bunch of time fucking with them later as well.

Some of you guys need to look up the definition of some words.  Start with "brandishing".

If your loved ones have mental illness, get them into institutions. The rest of us do not deserve to be subjected to their bullshit. Take them out of society if they can't handle it, or society may solve the problem in other ways.
View Quote
If they knew he was like that, why did they confront him in the first place?  It's not like they drew from concealment when threatened.  They acted tough because they were armed and escalated the situation.  Also, It's pretty easy to move away from someone while keeping at eye on them.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:47:09 AM EDT
[#43]
It is pretty ridiculous.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:47:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:

Somebody is going to lose a trailer over this.
View Quote
You fucking Canuck!!!! Thanks for my coffee going through my nose! I'm going to hell for laughing at your comment! Well played!
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:49:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pike] [#45]
Originally Posted By -GuNuT-:
If they knew he was like that, why did they confront him in the first place?  It's not like they drew from concealment when threatened.  They acted tough because they were armed and escalated the situation.  Also, It's pretty easy to move away from someone while keeping at eye on them.
View All Quotes

Old Mr. Pear said 3 feet. Cops were/are taught 21 feet. There is no way Mr. Pear or son might not end up wrestling with a huge nut for their guns if they turned their backs. Orange had threatened to take the old guy's gun and shoot him in the head with it immediately prior to the shooting.

Normal folks walk away from loaded guns when given the chance and let the cops come and deal with it. The fiance had it on video. That fact Orange stayed and escalated with a baseball bat demonstrates a lot to me about how nuts Mr. Orange was.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:50:23 AM EDT
[#46]

That's exactly what it was - displaying a weapon for intimidation.  He thought he was right about the mattress and drew his gun to attempt to gain the upper hand in the argument.  Orange shirt guy didn't have his brother get his bat until after the other two inbreds showed up with guns drawn.  There was no credible threat before they drew their guns, and they were waving their guns around for 3+ minutes while arguing about the mattress.  Orange shirt inbred had just as much right to be in the alley as the other two inbreds.  Father son inbreds should have taken a few steps back to their property and called the police to handle the mattress situation rather than pointing guns at the guy to intimidate him into removing the mattress.
View Quote
Did you see a video we haven't?  How do you know about what happened before this video?

You are just making shit up, because of cultural differences and a fat redneck with a gun isn't in your realm of experience.

With the holster, clearly seen on the video, the guy could have it holstered until after dead guy came out and started making threats.  After that, the son coming out to help dad, again, after threats, means neither of the guns were out before a threat was made.

Yet, you MAKE SHIT UP the other way.

Again, New York thinking. Keep it in your own neighborhood please.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:55:35 AM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes

Video doesn't start in the beginning, it starts in the middle.

Maybe the dad went out there first with a pistol in his pocket, and IED dad came out and started threatening the dad, which prompted the son to bring out the shotgun.

Said a different way, let's say someone was threatening to kill one of my family members - near my house, but not on my property, I'm not going to throw up my hands and say "well, it's public property, good luck with that dad."
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:56:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Them piggies is gonna fry.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:56:43 AM EDT
[#49]

Did you see a video we haven't?  How do you know about what happened before this video?

You are just making shit up, because of cultural differences and a fat redneck with a gun isn't in your realm of experience.

With the holster, clearly seen on the video, the guy could have it holstered until after dead guy came out and started making threats.  After that, the son coming out to help dad, again, after threats, means neither of the guns were out before a threat was made.

Yet, you MAKE SHIT UP the other way.

Again, New York thinking. Keep it in your own neighborhood please.
View Quote
I'm just repeating what was in the news article.

Also, I'm not defending that Orange Shirt imbecile in any way.  I really don't care if all you inbred rednecks kill each other, would probably be a positive development.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:57:08 AM EDT
[#50]

View Quote
More fabrication.  Who confronted whom?  Where's your proof or hints of that? Besides your imagination I mean.

Lay it the fuck out. I really don't understand where this comes from. Show your work, line by line.
Page / 159
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top