Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 159
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By toastandjam:

Did the dumpster lid close all the way with the mattress in it?
View Quote
If the mattress don't fit, you must acquit.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:08:53 AM EDT
[#2]
So many lessons to be learned here.

Don’t take a baseball bat to a gunfight.
Don’t underestimate fat bellied old guys.
Don’t underestimate fat bellied younger guys.
If someone says they’re going to shoot you they probably will.
If you’re going to shoot someone watch your language.
There are people out there who take a shotgun to a gunfight.  Really.
Don’t make jacking off gestures at insane guys bigger than you.
Don’t put your mattress in the community dumpster.
A lot of Arfcom members are clueless regarding self defense laws.

This is the gift that keeps on giving.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:14:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kells81] [#3]
As someone who has brought a gun into a situation of a criminal and his kids I can say that the orange shirt guys reaction was spot on.  Rational goes out the window in the situation as I would assume I would probably lose some rational.

Based on the video I would not convict the old man.   The son's fate is questionable though.   That is just based on the video alone.  The details in how the 2 armed individuals came to be in the alley is where this one will get convictions depending on the jury.

ETA:  front he link
Saturday morning, John Miller went to take out the trash, armed with a handgun.  (As anyone who has a legal right to be armed should)

Things escalated and Michael Miller went inside and grabbed his shot gun.    (This is where juniors fate really falls into question)

Someone reportedly went into Howard's house to get a baseball bat.   (DO NOT bring a bat to a gunfight)
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:17:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Reason nor wife nor man tits nor jerk off hand gestures stayed Orange shirt from the swift connection of their appointed rounds.

Trying to play off the mail service motto.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:21:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:23:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Killed over a dumpster. Fucking stupid.
Going to jail for murder over a dumpster. Just as stupid.

Both sets of tards had plenty of opportunities to descalate but didn’t.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:25:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:26:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Not the best shoot, but the guy was protecting himself.  Fat kid with shotgun goes to jail, his life was not threatened and he assisted with a blast to the head.   Taking the shot that killed the guy.

Hard to say if he would have lived or not with the first two?

JMO if I am a juror.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:27:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By jwalk138:
https://i.imgur.com/MOrLNHo.png
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:30:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By JimmyAR:

Not the best shoot, but the guy was protecting himself.  Fat kid with shotgun goes to jail, his life was not threatened and he assisted with a blast to the head.   Taking the shot that killed the guy.

JMO if I am a juror.
View Quote
Fat kid will claim defense of a third party.  If the father is ok to shoot, why isn't the son ok to shoot as well?
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 79CJ7:

Carry?  Sure.  Have it in your hand waving it around and pointing it at people while you try to get them to remove a mattress?  No.

When you have a dispute like this with the neighbors, you call the police and let them sort it out.  Confronting them with guns in an attempt to "get your way" whether or not your way is correct is not going to generally end well.

As for Orange Shirt inbred having his brother retrieve the bat, while it's ludicrous to bring a bat to a gun fight, he had every justification to arm himself and "stand his ground" on public property while he was not committing a crime after someone else pointed a gun at him.
View Quote
Right doesn't mean smart. Clearly.

I think society will be just fine with all 3 gone.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Can anyone lookup Aaron Howard's criminal history?  With the temper and judgement displayed and lack of owning a gun I'd be surprised if he wasn't already a felon.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:51:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By grey50beast:
Can anyone lookup Aaron Howard's criminal history?  With the temper and judgement displayed and lack of owning a gun I'd be surprised if he wasn't already a felon.
View Quote
But he said he had a BB gun and he was going to put 9 in his ass with it
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#14]
I'd probably nullify if i was on the jury.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:52:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: misc] [#15]
Turned out the dead perp had threatened a postal carrier just few days before his dirt nap.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:

Fat kid will claim defense of a third party.  If the father is ok to shoot, why isn't the son ok to shoot as well?
View Quote
No idea on Texas laws, so if true I suppose it could work.  Was the guy still coming after the dad once he was shot twice?  Don't believe the video shows it, so no actual proof?

Still it was probably unnecessary to blast him with a shotgun.  But then they were too fucking fat to run or back away fast enough.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:53:49 AM EDT
[#17]

No idea on Texas laws, so if true I suppose it could work.  Was the guy still coming after the dad once he was shot twice?  Don't believe the video shows it, so no actual proof?

Still it was probably unnecessary to blast him with a shotgun.  But then they were too fucking fat to run or back away fast enough.
View Quote
I think they could tell which was he was facing by looking at how his head exploded
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:57:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:02:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By dcat:

Not a chance in hell this is capital murder under Texas law.
View Quote
You can argue that they acted within the letter of the law, but it's the kind of stupid shit that gets good laws changed.  I would rather see these two go to prison for murder than see that happen.  All any of them had to do was walk away.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:03:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Sad situation.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:04:42 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
It was already posted. Don't know which page.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:05:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BladedRonin] [#22]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
I suspect a lot of people don't realize the world is full of angry dimwits with bad judgment because they're lucky enough to not have to deal with them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Originally Posted By burkeva:
Killed over a dumpster. Fucking stupid.
Going to jail for murder over a dumpster. Just as stupid.

Both sets of tards had plenty of opportunities to descalate but didn't.
I suspect a lot of people don't realize the world is full of angry dimwits with bad judgment because they're lucky enough to not have to deal with them.
That is a perfect synopsis of my life
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:05:22 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
Page 11 broski.

He’s an angel.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:

Backing up w/ someone hostile right in front of you can be tricky.   It's really easy to trip over something you can't see.   If you're too close to turn your back on him safely there may not be a good retreat option.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:11:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By netofficer3710:
Both were wrong, dead guy was more wrong though...

I wouldn't be upset if they walked, i don't expect them to though.
You can't instigate a situation and then expect to be able to claim self defense.
They should have walked away. Randy fron trailer park boys should not have said "suck my dick"
They should not have dared him to come at them. They should have said "if you come any closer i'll shoot" because "i'll kill you" implies that instead of "stopping" him, your goal is to end his life.

These are the reasons they are both in deep shit...
View Quote
No, it's highly likely what came out of their mouths that got them charged.  With that video, STFU and a lawyer, this would be a stone cold loser.

Keeping and bearing arms is NOT itself "instigating" or "provoking" anything. It's 100% legal and every one of us is within our rights to do it.

Also, the value of your life and safety does not reduce or diminish, just because you decide to exercise this right as many here have twisted this to mean.

Responding to insults and death threats with an insult of your own is another act that does not forfeit your right to defend yourself.

It's amazing that people are inventing a scenario out of this where these two have (with a single utterance, and by keeping and bearing arms) completely forfeited their right to defend themselves against an obviously enraged and violent asshole swinging a bat.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:13:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By alphabavo:
“You’re not going to shoot my husband.”
View Quote
Challenge accepted.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:13:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By chase45:
https://i.imgur.com/PyBw1SL.gif
View Quote
God, imagine doing that and then killing a guy with a shotgun.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:15:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigFatDog] [#28]
Originally Posted By fargo007:
No, it's highly likely what came out of their mouths that got them charged.  With that video, STFU and a lawyer, this would be a stone cold loser.

Keeping and bearing arms is NOT itself "instigating" or "provoking" anything. It's 100% legal and every one of us is within our rights to do it.

Also, the value of your life and safety does not reduce or diminish, just because you decide to exercise this right as many here have twisted this to mean.

Responding to insults and death threats with an insult of your own is another act that does not forfeit your right to defend yourself.

It's amazing that people are inventing a scenario out of this where these two have (with a single utterance, and by keeping and bearing arms) completely forfeited their right to defend themselves against an obviously enraged and violent asshole swinging a bat.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fargo007:
Originally Posted By netofficer3710:
Both were wrong, dead guy was more wrong though...

I wouldn't be upset if they walked, i don't expect them to though.
You can't instigate a situation and then expect to be able to claim self defense.
They should have walked away. Randy fron trailer park boys should not have said "suck my dick"
They should not have dared him to come at them. They should have said "if you come any closer i'll shoot" because "i'll kill you" implies that instead of "stopping" him, your goal is to end his life.

These are the reasons they are both in deep shit...

Do I have to pull the trigger? -Texas

Given all the interactions in the incident video, "defuse" may be a tough sell.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:16:30 AM EDT
[#29]

JMO if I am a juror.
View Quote
In my state Im pretty sure you can use deadly force if someone elses life is in danger.  If pops was justified, so was junior.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:19:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By runfrumu:
In my state Im pretty sure you can use deadly force if someone elses life is in danger.  If pops was justified, so was junior.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By runfrumu:

JMO if I am a juror.
None of it was justified.  It may have been legal.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:22:07 AM EDT
[#31]
http://abilenetx.gov/city-hall/departments/public-works/solid-waste-services/collection-services

There's literally nothing there that says not to put a mattress in a dumpster.
View Quote
DON'T Put Bulk Items in the BarrelThis includes construction materials, toilets, furniture, etc.

DO Place bulk items, carpet, furniture, mattresses, or moving boxes behind your own property line, but not within
five (5) feet of the container

I think most people consider a mattress to be furniture, no? The City of Abilene Collection Service does.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:22:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:31:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By RDak:

I assume the big guy was going to put the mattress back into the dumpster and the other guys came out there with guns to stop him from doing that....right?
View Quote
It appears the dead guy had already put the mattress in the dumpster - contrary to the regulations, and the father took it out and set it the required 5' inside the dead guy's property line. Seems the dead guy didn't like that very much and went berserk.

Given the dead guy's recent police standoff and obvious propensity for acting violently, the father decided to go armed - in case of a conflict. I'm guessing the son heard the dead guy screaming about taking the mattress out of the dumpster and putting it in his yard (per the regulations) and came out to back up his father.

We don't get to see what transpired before the beginning of the video...but it was only 10 seconds in before the dead guy poked at the father. I can't tell if he made contact but it's possible he did.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:33:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By RDak:

I agree with you entirely....WHY did they walk out there with their guns???
View Quote
Possibly because they were familiar with the lunatic next door who couldn't understand the trash code and he wanted protection against being attacked.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:37:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:40:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Not exactly a good shoot by any means but no way I could convict the father or the son.

I dont see a clear exit from that situation and orange shirt was clearly dangerous.

A fucked up way to die over a damn dumpster.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:40:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By rca2222:
....It's hard to claim self defense when you've traveled armed to a confrontation.
View Quote
Fucking nonsense. Anybody who has ever defended themselves with a firearm 'traveled armed to a confrontation'.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:41:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Pike:
Listen to the news conference from the Abilene LE. As soon as the rep is done he goes on at length about how overtaxed his resources are and how stressed and overwhelmed his dispatchers are.
View Quote
Gots a link?
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:44:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Lots of stupidity on both sides.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:45:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By toastandjam:

From a couple of news articles, the old man was out there with his pistol in his pocket when Mr. Rage lit up.

Odds are the Fat Family lived there for years and knew how the 300 gallon shared trash collection worked, which included the rules by the city that bulk trash, to include furniture, is not to be placed inside it.  Bulk is collected separately, outside of the container.  Anyway, Mr. Orange shirt put the mattress in the container one day, it was removed by the Fat boys.  Mr. Orange shirt went into a rage, started yelling screaming, making threats, screaming at the mail man, yelling at clouds to get away from his windows, and other nonsense.  Fat boy junior came out, pulled out the Shockwave shotgun from behind his mustache and a standoff occurred.  Mr. Orange shirt called for a baseball bat and the fiance started running her mouth and then pew-pew and blam-blam happened.

And now I want a Shockwave shotgun.
View Quote
I giggled

Are we 100% it was a Shockwave and not a TAC-14?
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:45:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By buddyballs79:
Not exactly a good shoot by any means but no way I could convict the father or the son.

I dont see a clear exit from that situation and orange shirt was clearly dangerous.

A fucked up way to die over a damn dumpster.
View Quote
You can't see a clear exit?   What's wrong with just walking away?
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:46:18 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm just repeating what was in the news article.

Also, I'm not defending that Orange Shirt imbecile in any way.  I really don't care if all you inbred rednecks kill each other, would probably be a positive development.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RR_Broccoli:

Did you see a video we haven't?  How do you know about what happened before this video?

You are just making shit up, because of cultural differences and a fat redneck with a gun isn't in your realm of experience.

With the holster, clearly seen on the video, the guy could have it holstered until after dead guy came out and started making threats.  After that, the son coming out to help dad, again, after threats, means neither of the guns were out before a threat was made.

Yet, you MAKE SHIT UP the other way.

Again, New York thinking. Keep it in your own neighborhood please.
I'm just repeating what was in the news article.

Also, I'm not defending that Orange Shirt imbecile in any way.  I really don't care if all you inbred rednecks kill each other, would probably be a positive development.
You really should watch the video with the volume on.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Carry?  Sure.  Have it in your hand waving it around and pointing it at people while you try to get them to remove a mattress?  No.

When you have a dispute like this with the neighbors, you call the police and let them sort it out.  Confronting them with guns in an attempt to "get your way" whether or not your way is correct is not going to generally end well.

As for Orange Shirt inbred having his brother retrieve the bat, while it's ludicrous to bring a bat to a gun fight, he had every justification to arm himself and "stand his ground" on public property while he was not committing a crime after someone else pointed a gun at him.
View Quote
At what point in the video does the father point his gun at the lunatic? I must have missed it.

Having a gun in your hand at low ready is not 'pointing it at' someone. In fact, the lunatic expressly asked that the father point the gun at him so they could get it on video for the cops. If the father obliged, I missed it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:49:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Vik:
I could not convict them based on that video.

They told him to leave. They told him not to advance on them or they would fire. They never actually threatened him other than to warn him not to advance past 3 feet.

Orange shirt dead guy, repeatedly stated he would kill both of them, over and over and over again. He was twice their size and strength.

He was facing two armed men, yet,  he retrieved, brandished and advance on the two armed men with a baseball bat.

He ended up DRT as per the warning.

Not saying it was a good shoot, but I would not convict.
View Quote
Pretty much my thoughts as well
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:49:30 AM EDT
[#45]
that was interdasting.
Guess the dead guy thought the other two was bluffing.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:51:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:51:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#47]
Originally Posted By 40xb:
You know the more I think about this situation the more I think the Father and Son wanted to either "get it on" or were to damn stupid to understand what position they were in.

I understand SYG and all that. Even though it is legal to stand where you are at and defend yourself that doesn't mean it is the smarter thing to do. Had they just backed up and covered each other until they got back to their home and called the police for the raving lunatic outside they wouldn't be in jail for murder charges.

Both parties seemed to be in mutual combat mode, they were both instigating and taunting, one party just happened to bring a stick to a gun fight because he himself was a moron as well.
View Quote
My understanding is that they were actually waiting for the cops on a public road. You may have missed it but the dead guys brother went into the house to retrieve weapons. I'm not turning my back to them or letting them both get out of my sight, arm up and beard me in my den.

But I have talked my self out of situations like that. but I am also above average in size and have been told I am a fellow few would actually want to fuck with.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:51:26 AM EDT
[#48]

JMO if I am a juror.
View Quote
In Texas you can use deadly force to protect a third party.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:52:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By StrkAliteN:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StrkAliteN:
Originally Posted By Vik:
I could not convict them based on that video.

They told him to leave. They told him not to advance on them or they would fire. They never actually threatened him other than to warn him not to advance past 3 feet.

Orange shirt dead guy, repeatedly stated he would kill both of them, over and over and over again. He was twice their size and strength.

He was facing two armed men, yet,  he retrieved, brandished and advance on the two armed men with a baseball bat.

He ended up DRT as per the warning.

Not saying it was a good shoot, but I would not convict.
They taunted the dead guy repeatedly to take a swing.   That was unwise.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:53:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By misc:
Turned out the dead perp had threatened a postal carrier just few days before his dirt nap.
View Quote
link?
Page / 159
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top