Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#1]
The gf and I routinely stopped at a Culver's on our way to Michigan and loaded up. I've spent $50-70 there. I like the burgers and chicken tenders, she gets a chicken sandwich, fries and a burger for later.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 8:12:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 8:23:36 PM EDT
[#3]
oh wow, I haven't heard someone talk about CookOut in forever.  That place was the shit when I lived in NC.  They had some damn good hush puppies.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 8:26:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have to do the gluten free bullshit (celiac disease), so I really appreciate that Culver’s offers a GF bun.  It’s pretty decent fast food.
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 8:26:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anyone have Freddy's? They're building one up the street from our Culver's.
View Quote
The one I ate at was great.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 8:28:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have Freddy's here, damn good.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 8:28:32 PM EDT
[#7]
And just so you know OP.....
It was even better before they got big and expanded.
When I first moved to WI, it was awesome.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 8:29:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Culver's is the burger equivalent of Chick Fil A

dem burgers be tasty doe

Their concrete mixers are delicious but are guaranteed to give me the shits
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 8:32:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I have never been to one, but they are building one about 1.5 miles from my house.
It supposed to be done soon, perhaps I'll give it a try.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 8:34:06 PM EDT
[#10]
In n out wataburger and smash burger all shit on it

Link Posted: 12/10/2021 8:35:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Freddy’s is bangin

Top tier fast food burger Fo sho
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 8:36:14 PM EDT
[#12]

But you can’t get a corn dog and quesadilla as sides.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Love the atlantic cod dinner. Have to heat and take my own mushy peas though.
View Quote

That's what I tried and

Greasy and flavorless....

Will never do Culver's again.

Oh yea, on that visit I bought some pints or something of custards to take home and they just tasted "off" and gave my head and tummy aches...
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#14]
I gots nothing against Culver's. It's crazy how expensive McDonald's and BK have gotten.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 8:59:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I know a lot of you guys swear by Culver's. I have had In & Out (shit), Whataburger (awesome), and our Carolina local chain Cookout (heaven, even more so when drunk). We have had some Culver's pop up in the region, but I was never around one when I wanted to eat. Long story short I made an acquaintance who used to own one of the first around here. He insisted on buying, so I said to get me the staples, the best things you guy do. I got a strawberry shake, fried cheese curds, and a deluxe butter burger meal. Lord that was the best "fast food" I have had. You guys were right. Culver's wins.
View Quote

The second you said in and out was shit you immediately lost any credibility as a food critic. I'm ashamed to have shared this thread with you OP.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 9:03:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Heard atf is investigatin the one in blue springs mo.......they fries are da bomb.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Culver's is mad good
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 9:12:08 PM EDT
[#18]
They are ok but seem a little bland.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 9:12:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Stake and shake was insanely good when the first showed up. Now it's gross and the closest one had a shoot out not to long ago. Pass.
View Quote

Crazy, that's the same thing that happened to every Steak-N-Shake I know. Went ghetto and down the drain.
We find Freddy's to be a great alternative.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 9:17:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Don't know what yall see in Culver's, or maybe our local one is just crap, but their burgers are McDonalds quality at Whataburger prices here.....  I've tried them twice, wouldn't go back for free.....  
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 9:17:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Freddy's is great.  Steak-n-Shake but nice.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 9:23:42 PM EDT
[#22]
The closer your Culvers is to WI the better chance it will be a good one.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 9:34:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Culver's fresh walleye sandwiches are legendary.
I think it's seasonal though.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#24]
I addition to the fairly large menu for a fast food place, in my experience the employees are always courteous and the stores are neat clean.

I like the pork loin sandwiches.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 9:43:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Where else can you get a decent fish fry at a fast food  drive thru?
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 9:44:10 PM EDT
[#26]
I like the mushroom and swiss burger.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 9:44:14 PM EDT
[#27]
I like the walleye at Culvers. And this from a dozen trip veteran of the Boundary Waters.
Fresh caught walleye for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Youngest worked at Culvers her last year of HS. They paid her well and it taught her she didn't want a career in fast food restaurants.

I also like there burgers cheese curds, and root beer.

Link Posted: 12/10/2021 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#28]
In my AO, every time I drive by a Culver’s, there are at least 10 - 12 cars waiting in line.  

They are my favorite
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 9:53:17 PM EDT
[#29]
I never had Culver’s until moving to AZ. It is fucking delicious.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 9:58:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The only real knock I have against Culver’s is they only have Pepsi products.  Mt. Dew is awesome, but sometimes I want a Coke.  Pepsi tastes like trash water.
View Quote

Not a problem for me.
A year ago I picked Coke as my personal Get Woke, Go Broke project.
It might not be feasible to boycott every Fortune 500 company that advocated racism and donated money to Communist Terrorism last year, so I picked the one that said "We have identified the employee responsible for that and accepted his resignation" without bothering to say "He resigned to accept a promotion. His new job pays $8 million a year, plus we gave him a $4 million signing bonus for pretending to quit".
Hey, Coke: Don't piss on America and tell us it's raining.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 10:02:17 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm in trouble. A Culver's just opened on the corner at the exit to the neighborhood.

I can be there in about 90 seconds, and will pass it half the days of the week.

Fuck.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 10:06:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The only real knock I have against Culver’s is they only have Pepsi products.  Mt. Dew is awesome, but sometimes I want a Coke.  Pepsi tastes like trash water.
View Quote

You have that backwards, friendo.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 10:10:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Burgers are ok
Fries are great till they cool off for 1 minute.
Everything else I've had there was meh
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 10:10:59 PM EDT
[#34]
No Culver's in California. Not even in my neighborhood (Culver City). Ironic, I think.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 10:17:51 PM EDT
[#35]
In the 90s I used to swing through Sauk City WI while working and we whenever we did, we would stop at the one there for lunch.......it was the VERY FIRST ONE.

Their burgers are 8/10.  Their cheese curds are, of course, amazing.....you would expect that from a Wisconsin based chain.  Fish is really, really good stuff.  Their chicken strips, on the other hand....just plain suck.  A few months ago their chicken sandwich was given a makeover to be a little better, but still not nearly as thick and juicy as Hate Chicken (Chik Fil A for the tender among us).  

Where Culvers really shines is the frozen treats.  CUSTARD.  The richness of ice cream is derived from it's milkfat content.....frozen custard has a much higher milk fat content than ice cream.  It's the best frozen treat out there, period.  All their other food is just there as an excuse to get some frozen custard!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 10:19:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The closer your Culvers is to WI the better chance it will be a good one.
View Quote

The Culvers in AZ are exactly as good as the very first one in Sauk City WI.  You just have a bad chain in your neck of the woods.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 11:12:41 PM EDT
[#37]
The fries will make yer dick harder'n an all day sucker.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 11:29:34 PM EDT
[#38]
The pickles taste foul, the curds are too seasoned, and the custard is so-so.  The one in our town has a booth that magically attracts lardass parents with ignored, misbehaving kids, as if there's a sign that says this booth is reserved for that type.

However, their sourdough melt and fries are good.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 11:38:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The second you said in and out was shit you immediately lost any credibility as a food critic. I'm ashamed to have shared this thread with you OP.
View Quote

It's bland saltless hipster Cali food propped up by the "secret" phrase Animal Style.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 11:56:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It’s also cheaper than McDonald’s here, and that puts it at the top of the list for fast food.
View Quote

Fucking McDonald's. Even the bar down the road from my house is cheaper than that place lately. When I can get a hand pattied bacon cheeseburger, made to order, fries and a tip for less money than a quarter pounder combo there's something wrong.

Yes, Culvers is near the top for fast food.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 11:57:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It's bland saltless hipster Cali food propped up by the "secret" phrase Animal Style.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/11/2021 12:18:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Not a problem for me.
A year ago I picked Coke as my personal Get Woke, Go Broke project.
It might not be feasible to boycott every Fortune 500 company that advocated racism and donated money to Communist Terrorism last year, so I picked the one that said "We have identified the employee responsible for that and accepted his resignation" without bothering to say "He resigned to accept a promotion. His new job pays $8 million a year, plus we gave him a $4 million signing bonus for pretending to quit".
Hey, Coke: Don't piss on America and tell us it's raining.
View Quote
#MeToo  

Fcoke

FJB

Let's Go Brandon!

Oh, and Culver's is great....can't wait until the one under construction near us opens  
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 12:21:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Chicken tenderloins aren't available which sucks as my favorite is Buffalo Chicken Tenders with the worlds best honey mustard. They will offer a buffalo sauce but screw it, not nearly the same.
Around this time of year they were offering a free basket meal with the purchase of a $20 gift card. Then wuflu hit and dine in closed down and I didn't see the offer in the drive thru. Haven't been in to check if they're back to doing it this year.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 12:22:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Culver's is my favorite "fast food," and the shrimp basket is damn good too!
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 12:26:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Culver's is from Wisconsin. There are no Culver's in Cali.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 12:28:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He described In & Out
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 12:30:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I love culvers and I love In N Out.
View Quote

Get Both! Thats the GD spirit!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 12:34:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 1:06:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
My go to burger place.
View Quote

Mine too.  Try the malts instead of shakes.  Their fish and chips are great too.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 2:33:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Stake and shake was insanely good when the first showed up. Now it's gross and the closest one had a shoot out not to long ago. Pass.
View Quote

My local one was gutted by the health department. Is open again but... No thanks...  Same shitty employees.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top