Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:00:10 PM EDT
[#1]
A lot of vets have made abusing disability into an art. I got invited to a veterans page on FB. Every other post is about their disability rating, how to increase it, etc. Each is filled with comments telling them what symptoms to complain of, what associated ailments to shoot for etc. It’s really pretty disgusting. The abusive shitheads get tons of disability and those the program was developed for get undercompensated and I hate it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Those two remind me of the movie Wayne's World.

Only Wayne got into steroids and Garth transitioned to a woman.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LOL. This is the tip of the iceberg. There's TONS of fraud in the VA system. Sucks for those vets who really need the assistance. Scammers are stealing resources that could really help them out.
View Quote

The fraudulent filers should be prosecuted. That said, no disabled vets payments have ever been decreased because another vet got a rating.

The WW2 vets are mostly gone. There hasn’t been a mobilization of troops like that since. Not even VN compares.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:04:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
As a combat wounded disabled vet I say that we need to get rid of VA disability.

If you were in the military, you got paid a paycheck.  Once you get out, that paycheck stops.  U.S. taxpayer should owe you nothing after that.
View Quote

Just like any job, if you are injured in the line of work, your employer (and their insurance) should cover that.

Just like anything else the government is in charge of though, I imagine VA disability is rife with bloat and corruption, which sucks because it just makes it more difficult and less effective for those that actually need it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:11:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A lot of vets have made abusing disability into an art. I got invited to a veterans page on FB. Every other post is about their disability rating, how to increase it, etc. Each is filled with comments telling them what symptoms to complain of, what associated ailments to shoot for etc. It’s really pretty disgusting. The abusive shitheads get tons of disability and those the program was developed for get undercompensated and I hate it.
View Quote

Nothing wrong with educating veterans about the process and what conditions they might be entitled a rating for. Ideally the VA would be reaching out to vets with that information.

I’ve suffered from three diagnosed medical conditions since the early 90s. Never filled a claim because I had no idea they were things the VA would cover. It took seeing a newspaper article about my exact conditions to learn I had a claim.

So I’m glad there are advocates out there telling vets “that thing you are suffering from, it’s not normal for a person your age, here’s what it’s called. You should see a doctor and then contact the VA”
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That’s a great example.

Wonder what got the agents after him in the first place. I’m starting to think there are agents everywhere.
View Quote

IME there are male/female Karen's everywhere just itching to dunk on what they perceive as stolen valor. Boomer/Vietnam era "Vet's" (not retiree's) and their Clearing Barrels tend to be the most self righteous shitbags I've run into in the L48. They're impossible to avoid now that they koalify for a VA Discount card and parking at Lowe's.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:17:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nothing wrong with educating veterans about the process and what conditions they might be entitled a rating for. Ideally the VA would be reaching out to vets with that information.

I’ve suffered from three diagnosed medical conditions since the early 90s. Never filled a claim because I had no idea they were things the VA would cover. It took seeing a newspaper article about my exact conditions to learn I had a claim.

So I’m glad there are advocates out there telling vets “that thing you are suffering from, it’s not normal for a person your age, here’s what it’s called. You should see a doctor and then contact the VA”
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I think there’s a gulf of difference between informing vets of their options and coaching them on what to say, I can agree that it’d be cool if vets had better resources on how to navigate the system. When I got out I didn’t know shit about any of this. I don’t have any issues so I’m not particularly worried about it, but at the same time I’m sure I’m eligible for things I’m not aware of and will probably never utilize. I can’t be the only one either and that sucks.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:29:21 PM EDT
[#8]
It warms my heart every time one of these pieces of shit gets busted.

I used to work with a handful of people that were always sharing tips about how they were working the VA to get their disability raised. Maybe some of them were legit. Some were definitely BS.. like back issues but the guy had no problem playing in year round sports leagues for fun. Another guy got disability for sleep apnea… yeah totally service connected and has nothing to do with him weighing north of 300lbs now.

They were always encouraging me to make an appointment and “get what I’m owed.”  I’m fine. Nobody owes me shit even though I’m positive I could work the system if I wanted to.

Fuck these scammers.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:38:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You think Salsa Night at the Balad MWR doesn’t leave scars?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:45:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
As a combat wounded disabled vet I say that we need to get rid of VA disability.

If you were in the military, you got paid a paycheck.  Once you get out, that paycheck stops.  U.S. taxpayer should owe you nothing after that.
View Quote

As a combat wounded Army Infantryman myself, I do agree that it seems the VA disability system is broke. I see and hear of so many scammers, I could probably PTSD just for that!
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:48:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Fuck that asshole and his husband.

Shitbags should do some serious time and get some serious fines.

But they won't, I know.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:53:42 PM EDT
[#12]
LOL
Used to have two detectives that would come into the shop I worked .
The older one would always give the younger one shit because now with FB the younger detectives dont hardly have to do any actual work anymore to me catch shit heads

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The older one would always give the you get one shit because now with FB the younger detectives dont hardly have to do any actual work anymore to me catch shit heads

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

While I think there’s a gulf of difference between informing vets of their options and coaching them on what to say, I can agree that it’d be cool if vets had better resources on how to navigate the system. When I got out I didn’t know shit about any of this. I don’t have any issues so I’m not particularly worried about it, but at the same time I’m sure I’m eligible for things I’m not aware of and will probably never utilize. I can’t be the only one either and that sucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The “coaching” is unfortunately necessary because the veteran is a layperson who has to learn speak the doctor’s and VA raters language.

You can tell the doctor you have headaches so bad you have to lay down in a dark room for several hours and you’ll get a 0% rating because you didn’t say “completely prostrating”.  It’s a broken adversarial system.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:04:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Lotta that going around. There’s an almost cult of Jr Enlisted support functions that share tips on VA stuff to ensure they “get what’s owed” to them.

This stuff really pisses me off.
View Quote

It's supposed to...
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:07:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Lots of va disability scams going on. I know a lady who deployed as a mechanic who is now so traumatized she's 100% disabled. Never fired a shot.

It's a problem with police / fire also
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:09:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I used to work with a handful of people that were always sharing tips about how they were working the VA to get their disability raised. Maybe some of them were legit. Some were definitely BS.. like back issues but the guy had no problem playing in year round sports leagues for fun. Another guy got disability for sleep apnea… yeah totally service connected and has nothing to do with him weighing north of 300lbs now.

View Quote

Go on…

Do you think he doesn’t have sleep apnea? Or do you think it’s not service related and he was somehow able to fool both the C&P examiner (doctor) and multiple VA raters?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:12:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Lots of va disability scams going on. I know a lady who deployed as a mechanic who is now so traumatized she's 100% disabled. Never fired a shot.

View Quote

MST claim?

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:13:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Go on…

Do you think he doesn’t have sleep apnea? Or do you think it’s not service related and he was somehow able to fool both the C&P examiner (doctor) and multiple VA raters?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go on…

I think his point was about how he got it.

It would probably be more of a pre-existing condition, not a service related condition.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#20]
FTG and his hideous boyfriend
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:20:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It would probably be more of a pre-existing condition, not a service related condition.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go on…

Pre existing condition? You cannot enlist with sleep apnea.  If you are diagnosed while in service it IS service connected. If it comes later, both the C&P examiner and the VA have to agree it was caused by service (unlikely) or cause by another service connected disability.

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:24:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The “coaching” is unfortunately necessary because the veteran is a layperson who has to learn speak the doctor’s and VA raters language.

You can tell the doctor you have headaches so bad you have to lay down in a dark room for several hours and you’ll get a 0% rating because you didn’t say “completely prostrating”.  It’s a broken adversarial system.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Coaching is fine when it’s helping people who truly are disabled and need the help.

But there is also a lot of coaching out there that is all about gaming the system. Like the scammer the article was about.

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:27:13 PM EDT
[#23]
That first post ain’t wrong.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:30:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Go on…

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go on…

There is no doubt that this 300+lbs dude has sleep apnea haha. Obesity is the biggest cause of that. I have doubt that it is truly service connected and it more related to him becoming a fat ass at some point.

I’m all about VA disability for people who truly need it.

But there are a lot of scammers out there just abusing the system for some extra money.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:32:12 PM EDT
[#25]
his wife looks like a husband and he skips leg day

I might read the article

***FAT EDIT***

FPNI
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
His bigger crime is skipping leg day and marrying a woman that looks to possibly have or had a dong at one point.
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:36:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Dudes girlfriend looked familiar.

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:37:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

There is no doubt that this 300+lbs dude has sleep apnea haha. Obesity is the biggest cause of that. I have doubt that it is truly service connected and it more related to him becoming a fat ass at some point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go on…

It probably is related to his obesity. I’ve seen that path. Service connected mental health meds lead to weight gain that results in OSA for example. It seems sleazy but congress and the VBA say that it qualifies.

Take a guy like LAV. Has some service connected orthopedic injuries that lead to weight gain. If the weight gain later leads to OSA, HBP, cancer, ect those conditions may be granted service connection on a secondary basis. Or the VA may deny it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:38:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
His bigger crime is skipping leg day and marrying a woman that looks to possibly have or had a dong at one point.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:39:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

MST claim?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MST claim?

No. Severe PTSD.

Says it came from deployment.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:53:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

No. Severe PTSD.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MST claim?

No. Severe PTSD.

100% for PTSD is tough. Usually requires suicide attempts and or hospitalization.

A PTSD rating requires a specific stressor, a diagnosis of PTSD and a nexus connecting the PTSD to the stressor.  The nexus can be presumed in some cases such as certain combat ribbons/medals.

The most common rating for PTSD,  last I looked, is 70%.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:55:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Non-combat MOS/Rate claim (should)=EXTREME scrutiny of claim.

Combat MOS/Rate (should) = scrutiny of claim.

If it smells like bullshit it probably is.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:06:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Are those his legs, or is he riding a chicken?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:33:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have to disagree
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:37:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The older one would always give the you get one shit because now with FB the younger detectives dont hardly have to do any actual work anymore to me catch shit heads

https://c.tenor.com/jncM2BNxpqQAAAAC/do-you-speaka-any-english-speaka.gif
LOL yep I auto completed the shit out of that.

I can count to potato
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:33:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I worked at the VA for years. My experience as follows-

A ton of people play the system and get money for things they would have had issues with anyway/faked or exaggerated
Quite a few people don't get the disability % that they should be assigned
A few people have somehow landed the exact number that they deserve

People complain about the VA, but they blame the government instead of other vets abusing the system or the unionization of workers. The worst of the employees are protected by unions. Many of my daily activities were controlled by union decisions despite me not being a part of a union. Workers that were lazy, called in, or bad at their job couldn't be fired. Long ER wait times are usually due to an overwhelming patient load or staff levels....because people seem to use ERs as their primary care or instead of urgent care. Long specialty wait times follow the same principles. Meanwhile, the stats don't lie. The VA has a lower wait time in many areas than private facilities. They have decent to above-average results across most specialties. It's the largest heath care system, so there are going to be issues. Also, many of the problems I saw in the VA were due to union protection of workers rather than .gov policies IMO. Don't forget that they pay less than private facilities for most of the MDs or APPs AND rely on residents/fellows, so you arn't always attracting the best talent either (not to say I didn't work with great providers).
View Quote

This ^^
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:33:29 PM EDT
[#37]
maybe he meant 10 lbs with those legs
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:35:49 PM EDT
[#38]
blatantly fucking retarded
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:57:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

This ^^ too....
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 11:00:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
He’s skipped legs too often and his wife looks like Dee Snyder.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 11:01:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not everyone in a uniform is a good person~

https://coffeeordie.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/BRCC-history-cover-new2.jpg

Fuck those shitstains!!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 11:06:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Fuck him, his tranny girlfriend, and that stupid fucking beard.....
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 11:12:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
What if he identifies as a person who cant lift 10lbs? Settled science, amirite?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 11:12:28 PM EDT
[#44]
This guy is a scammer and an idiot but this is nothing compared to what we are paying out to people who aren't even citizens.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 11:12:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

They call that the Gaybraham Lincoln.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's not forget his ridiculous beard

They call that the Gaybraham Lincoln.

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 11:13:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Poor guy is so injured that he’s never had a leg day.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 11:14:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Pre existing condition? You cannot enlist with sleep apnea.  If you are diagnosed while in service it IS service connected. If it comes later, both the C&P examiner and the VA have to agree it was caused by service (unlikely) or cause by another service connected disability.

View Quote

I have personally seen people get service connections for benign congenital diseases - meaning shit they were born with that isn't uncommon and isn't debilitating.

Yes, doctors often write the exam reports, but there's always an untrained buearocrat somewhere who actually approves or rejects the application.

A lot of VN Era guys just keep resubmitting the same claim(s) over and over again until they get an approval.   Whether it's deserved or not is always up for debate.    

Like any government program, squeaky wheels get the most grease.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 1:43:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Who is “they”?

Veterans Benefits? VA medical? Nobody is going to for him to seek compensation and treatment. He needs to advocate for himself.
View Quote

Why are you assuming he didn't do what he was supposed to?
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 2:49:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That includes cops and firefighters too.  Far too many getting paid unjustly.
View Quote
No shit. I'd say of 100% of the cops and fighters who retired on disability, 99% lied.  How else can one get that sweet tax free pension?!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 7:47:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is “they”?

Veterans Benefits? VA medical? Nobody is going to for him to seek compensation and treatment. He needs to advocate for himself.

Your statement that “they wouldn’t do shit for him”.  Does he need treatment? That’s as easy as signing up for therapy at a vet center. He doesn’t even need to be enrolled in VA healthcare for that. He just need to show up with a copy of his DD214 and fill out the intake paperwork.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top