Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 10:11:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, if you got rid of the 25,000,000 most liberal people in the state, it'd be like heaven on Earth. Since that isn't going to happen it's a lot closer to hell. I don't set foot in that shit hole unless I absolutely have to (work).
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 10:27:22 AM EDT
[#2]
California will get worse.

This piece of shit will be the next governor of california.

Link Posted: 7/29/2018 10:27:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, if you got rid of the 25,000,000 most liberal people in the state, it'd be like heaven on Earth. Since that isn't going to happen it's a lot closer to hell. I don't set foot in that shit hole unless I absolutely have to (work).
View Quote
That’s like saying I won’t go to Washington because Seattle is a shithole. Not the whole state is bad.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 10:31:57 AM EDT
[#4]
My grandparents left California after WW2 because it was getting too crowded, and liberal infestation.

My parents moved there, and lived there, I was born there.  Then my parents left, because it was getting too crowded, and liberal infestation.

I went out there for work - for 6 months.  Beautiful place, but I could not wait to get back home, because it was too crowded, and liberal infestation.

Seems like every generation says the same thing.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 10:58:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That’s like saying I won’t go to Washington because Seattle is a shithole. Not the whole state is bad.
View Quote
That'd be a smart thing to say. I'm moving the fuck out of this shithole in a month or two.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 11:03:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No one said it wasn’t beautiful. But it’s infested with dirty hippies, rich Hollywood snobs, rich Silicon Valley snobs, heroin addicts, gangs, and the biggest bunch of freaky-deaky trannies on the planet. (The illegal immigrants are probably the most moral people in the state). Communism is the real problem in California though.
View Quote

I live in Irvine (pretty nice place to live - still leans right) and we are boarded on one side by Santa Ana which is a mostly Hispanic area.

The guy that takes care of a lot of yards in our area is named Manny. I have lost tract of how many of his employees he has introduced to me over the past 16 years that are now US citizens.

Manny was a "wetback" (and proud of it) became a citizen, owns property and a very successful business. He takes pride in the USA and flies a American flag on all his trucks. He works his ass off and pays taxes (this I know because his accountant is a friend of mine)

His goal is to help his workers gain US citizenship. I never asked him about his political beliefs because he is not a dick and as a US citizen he can be whatever he chooses. Guessing he leans conservative because he bitches about the taxes he has to pay.

I will take more immigrants like Manny. We often share a beer on my front porch as his guys are finishing up.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 11:05:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RrCuYShb2h8/WJVXmaLbBQI/AAAAAAAB6W0/PX2J2pySYtYMnj-BnvusnkgSE6o3Bba7ACLcB/s1600/11gavin.png
View Quote
Well, as is said, "All things must get worse before they get better."

CA has not seen it's ultimate worse yet, and as such the correction is likely many years off.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 11:14:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Amgen?  Not sure what that is.

Unfortunately we were there to shut down jobs for my company and move them to Atlanta.  Taxes, regulation and salaries made it cost prohibitive.  Soon my company will have taken all jobs out that aren’t required to be there to do business with the State.

I felt like the grim reaper.  Some darned fine people to have to do it to as well.
View Quote
And here it is. You should have led with this part of the story.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 11:24:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Meh, you want fantastic scenery, with a lot less people, certainly a lot less F**ked up people. Try Alaska in the summertime. Sure, winters are harsh; but if I was rolling in the dough, so to speak, I would go back to Alaska practically every summer.

PS: Been to San Fran and nearby areas several times, (including a trip to Yosemite) in the 90's and early 2000s. Beautiful scenery once you get away from the cities, but I felt on "High Alert" in the cities and on main highways. We had a free place to stay when a relative lived near Franklin and Jackson St., but they got wise and took a transfer to Phoenix when it was offered. There were plenty of homeless and dregs then, but you didn't see trash, needles and feces on the sidewalks then.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 11:26:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't believe the hate is based off of geography….
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 11:28:30 AM EDT
[#11]
The concept of the neutron bomb was designed with CA in mind. Get rid of the infestation and leave the infrastructure in place...
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 11:34:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
While Illinois in no way compares to California in beauty and splendor, I have the same feeling about my home state as people do about California these days.  If it wasn't for our corrupt, establishment, liberal, communist politicians, this would be a wonderful state, like it used to be.  Just today I was doing a memorial ride through some rural areas I had never been to and the beauty of the rolling hills and fields along with the lazy country roads was wonderful.  So many nicely maintained homes and farms, lush lawns, little traffic, generally low cost of living (except housing prices and property taxes) four seasons, beautiful cities, etc and it's all being systematically destroying by the liberal democrats who have just about completed the total takeover of state politics.  Very shortly we will have virtually the same laws and lack of freedoms that California has.  Will be starting in January, 2019.
View Quote
The left is about destruction, they're the opposite of the Midas touch
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 11:35:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thousand Oaks is definitely Middle class. But It does have some sections of nicer neighborhoods. I live about a mile from TO. CA is really not as bad as most on here make it to be. I bet most just watch FOX news and minds are made up about it.... people are mostly nice weather is great.
View Quote
I travel there a lot. Our corporate office is in downtown LA. Our IT dept is in Cypress, we have 8 subsidiaries in So Cal, and another 7-8 scattered through the rest of the state.

I spend a lot of time there. There are a lot of liberal idiots running around there, and the government there has destroyed the state. I don't know if it can be saved. Most of the people fleeing there appear to be liberal idiots that don't understand they are the ones that ruined the state.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 11:37:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The only thing wrong with California is the liberal infestation.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 11:37:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It isn't the place it's the people. Save for @CarmelBytheSea et al and resident GD folks.
View Quote
I'm surrounded by these kinds of people who've flocked to San Francisco to #resist
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 11:40:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thousand Oaks is definitely Middle class. But It does have some sections of nicer neighborhoods. I live about a mile from TO. CA is really not as bad as most on here make it to be. I bet most just watch FOX news and minds are made up about it.... people are mostly nice weather is great.
View Quote
OP might like Simi Valley's residents but I recommend a cruise down Topanga Canyon. There's some mega rich in Thousand Oaks and a couple run down, 'immigrants' / maids areas but no reason to go to those
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 11:42:31 AM EDT
[#17]
You're not paying CA income taxes or property taxes.
You aren't commuting daily in the atrocious traffic.
You aren't giving up nearly all of your gun rights.
You haven't been jailed for using a plastic straw, yet.

No one denies there isn't physical beauty and generally nice weather in CA.
But the libtards and the oppressive government intrusion have ruined it.
A nice beach isn't worth the price of admission.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I am originally from Thousand Oaks. Quite a few celebs live behind those gates, I did security there once. Then you have some big houses on Westlake Blvd between Arboles and TO.
View Quote
That's where I was dating a couple celebrity's ex wives after my divorce
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 11:45:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Oh yeah no question Cali has great beaches and mountains and weather and basically the land itself is awesome!! The people are what's wrong with it. Especially their politicians. California is a great place to visit, but I could never live there.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 11:48:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That’s what one person living there said....”we live here and my kids haven’t been to the beach in 3 years”.

Why?  All this beauty sitting right there in front of you and it’s being ignored.
View Quote
Dated a girl living 3 miles away from the Golden Gate Bridge who'd never seen it once
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 11:54:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RrCuYShb2h8/WJVXmaLbBQI/AAAAAAAB6W0/PX2J2pySYtYMnj-BnvusnkgSE6o3Bba7ACLcB/s1600/11gavin.png
View Quote
Nancy had a meeting with him last week
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 11:54:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.   Says it all.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 11:55:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It's like going to a really good restaurant and finding roaches and rats. Do you want to go back? San Francisco is a beautiful place except for the shit, needles, homeless and Nancy Pelosi's personal MS13 detail. But other than the exorbitant prices what's not to love? I heard it said decades ago "California is like a box of granola,  what ain't fruits & nuts is flakes".
View Quote
California's got the most of them

Link Posted: 7/29/2018 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Where are the pics of feces and needles littering the streets as well as the tent cities?
View Quote
You're being a little tough on them. They are currently working on the plastic straw issue after all.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:21:55 PM EDT
[#25]
When my Aunt passed away, I went down to CA and handled her affairs, and met some of the best people I could imagine.
I could never live there but there are some great people in CA. I just wish they could flush their government.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:37:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.   Says it all.
View Quote
Spend some real time in south Orange County, and you would be challenged to not question that.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:38:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I love the place!

Company sent me out with a team to SoCal.  We were in the Thousand Oaks area.  It's an amazing place.  Of course, I was out there on their dime and staying at the Four Seasons.  30 minute drive through canyons that were anazing...to gorgeous beaches and there's so much to see that it's hard to decide what to see.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2utgb2d.jpg
View Quote
In my AO. Get some good fish tacos and Indian food somewhere.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:41:04 PM EDT
[#28]
I enjoyed my 5 years in Camarillo.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:45:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You're not paying CA income taxes or property taxes.
You aren't commuting daily in the atrocious traffic.
You aren't giving up nearly all of your gun rights.
You haven't been jailed for using a plastic straw, yet.

No one denies there isn't physical beauty and generally nice weather in CA.
But the libtards and the oppressive government intrusion have ruined it.
A nice beach isn't worth the price of admission.
View Quote
With regard to that part, CA property taxes are far less than here in Texas.
Lack of the high cost of HOA fees in most areas make it damn near a wash, really.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:46:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

But the Four Seasons had some yoga program for non-guests that was dragging in the hotties like crazy.
View Quote
Hah, oh yeah that sounds about right. That is the Westlake side and that is definitely the wealthy area, I went to high school there, I may have been the only 16 year old who didn't have a brand new Lexus, BMW, or Audi. When my brother was in junior college he was a poolside waiter there. There was no shortage of locals who go there. I know he waited on Heather Locklear and George Lopez.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Great I am sure the money you spend there will help oppress more gun owners.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:54:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 12:56:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 1:02:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, so take some of the liberal transplants from GA back with ya!
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 1:14:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
The problem with California is it's full of Californians
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 1:42:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
OP might like Simi Valley's residents but I recommend a cruise down Topanga Canyon. There's some mega rich in Thousand Oaks and a couple run down, 'immigrants' / maids areas but no reason to go to those
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Simi Valley is crazy awesome.  I went to the Reagan Museum twice and was just amazed by it.  He knew where he should be buried.

I went when Obama was in office and you could—if the wind was low—heat Ronnie spinning in his grave.

I went to the gift shop and saw rolled up constitutions in scroll form.  I asked the young lady if they shipped purchases and she said yes.  So I picked up a scroll of the constitution and asked if she could ship a copy to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in DC.  It took her a second and then she started snickering....so I suppose she wasn’t a libtard.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 1:42:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
[/s]

I live in Irvine (pretty nice place to live - still leans right) and we are boarded on one side by Santa Ana which is a mostly Hispanic area.

The guy that takes care of a lot of yards in our area is named Manny. I have lost tract of how many of his employees he has introduced to me over the past 16 years that are now US citizens.

Manny was a "wetback" (and proud of it) became a citizen, owns property and a very successful business. He takes pride in the USA and flies a American flag on all his trucks. He works his ass off and pays taxes (this I know because his accountant is a friend of mine)

His goal is to help his workers gain US citizenship. I never asked him about his political beliefs because he is not a dick and as a US citizen he can be whatever he chooses. Guessing he leans conservative because he bitches about the taxes he has to pay.

I will take more immigrants like Manny. We often share a beer on my front porch as his guys are finishing up.
View Quote
F**k Manny right in the fanny.  You admire a guy who came here illegally, gamed the system, and now helps other illegals game the system.

You, sir, are part of the problem and the reason why CA has become what it is.    Shame.  On.  You.

If it was up to me, all Manny's peeps would be sent back home, and Manny would be held accountable for sneaking in and aiding and abetting.

The other problem is that 87% of the illegals aren't like Manny.  They are here for all the goodies they can get - free school for their 8.7 chilruns, sanctuary cities, ad nauseum.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 1:45:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love the place!

Company sent me out with a team to SoCal.  We were in the Thousand Oaks area.  It's an amazing place.  Of course, I was out there on their dime and staying at the Four Seasons.  30 minute drive through canyons that were anazing...to gorgeous beaches and there's so much to see that it's hard to decide what to see.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2utgb2d.jpg
I got some crazy good fish tacos at Los Agaves Mexican place.  It was good but very fresh and light.

I wish I could franchise one in Atlanta!
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 1:46:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Hah, oh yeah that sounds about right. That is the Westlake side and that is definitely the wealthy area, I went to high school there, I may have been the only 16 year old who didn't have a brand new Lexus, BMW, or Audi. When my brother was in junior college he was a poolside waiter there. There was no shortage of locals who go there. I know he waited on Heather Locklear and George Lopez.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But the Four Seasons had some yoga program for non-guests that was dragging in the hotties like crazy.
They say that the Kardashians go there a lot...despite that it was a really really nice place!  
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 4:45:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
and the cost of living
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

and the cost of living
View Quote
Due to the Liberals who need to tax everything to pay for all there shit....
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 5:08:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Superb wines.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 7:09:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Growing up living and driving in CA, you learn to drive in an offensive manner out of necessity.
The sheer volume of vehicles on the road in many areas, at all times of day, insists on it.

A.W.D.
View Quote
Apologist approach?

No, I'm not buying that. It is not a necessity to be an ass. But what do I know, the 15 is only dangerous according to the stats just on the CA side of it... and that road goes straight to Canada.

Me me me me driving is not safe, it's not a virtue, and it needs to be taken to task for it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 7:13:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Folks like myself that grew up and lived in this neighborhood all their lives, found it pretty tolerable, except for gun laws.

Generally higher wages offset much of the cost you speak of.
Illegals are everywhere, though not quite as catered to in CA, I'll give you that.
Never once lived or felt like I was going to be "arrested or beat up because of difference in opinion."
CA drivers intimidate lots of folks from around the country, honestly because much of the country doesn't know how to drive.

A.W.D.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6a/Lake_Mission_Viejo_photo_D_Ramey_Logan.JPG/1200px-Lake_Mission_Viejo_photo_D_Ramey_Logan.JPG
View Quote
lol

No, they don't know how to drive. If it's just CA, against the other states, then that's your first clue, or should have been but those apologist glasses of yours are blinding you to the actual reality of it.

If CA is so awesome, why did you leave?

Oh.

That.

We're done here.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 7:24:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Driving in CA requires that you drive like you're trying to win the race ;)

A.W.D.
View Quote
There's no prize for killing or trying to kill people.

I'd like to know why I had to watch a rancher die because he had right of way and was still cut off by a CA plated car and driver who did an aggressive rolling stop at the stop sign and still made the decision to go for it and collided?

What in the world is the fucking prize for that??

Hint, there is none.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#46]
If you could surgically exise San Fran, Los Angeles, Sacramento, and Berkely; it's probably be fairly tolerable.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 7:27:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Gold is just laying around on the ground . Pick me , Pick me
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 11:35:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

With regard to that part, CA property taxes are far less than here in Texas.
Lack of the high cost of HOA fees in most areas make it damn near a wash, really.

A.W.D.
View Quote
And the state income taxes?
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 2:35:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Yeah, 13% state income taxes ain't no joke. TX has high property taxes, but if you've got lots of income it's not gonna be a "wash" unless you choose to live in a mansion or something.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 2:49:23 AM EDT
[#50]
There's no disputing California's beautiful landscape and awesome weather. It's the shitheads that live there and govern it that make it undesirable.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top