Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:55:33 AM EDT
[#1]
The fuck did I just watch? They was the lamest most over edited commercial I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:55:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Fuck him!

Comments disabled because he could care less what we think.

I hope his shit gets pushed in by the gun and knife community.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:56:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pathetic..
View Quote
Yep...adios benchmade
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:56:56 AM EDT
[#4]
hahahahaha

wtf was that?
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:58:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I skimmed the first two pages, but obviously I'm missing something.  What did they do that was so wrong?  And prompted this statement?
View Quote
You must have missed the 60 page thread in gd.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/WTF-Benchmade--/5-2196139/

@D_J
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:58:26 AM EDT
[#6]
That video was cut up more than the guns they cut up.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:00:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Are they banning BenchMade?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All I know is bladeforums is banning the shit out of people and locking the threads left and right. Its glorious.
I hope they didn't ban kuraki
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:01:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I employ 200Ish people.  Probably equal dollar wise, payroll to Benchmade.

You get a snow ball of cancellation of orders or just small dealers not ordering... It adds up quick.

All while you still have payroll going out, material bills going out, overhead costs, r&d costs... Line of credits start getting hit fast.

Becomes bad publicity when you need to start laying people off.
View Quote
His last marketing manager dumped their entire customer research and manufacturing internals out to some local group in Portland.

http://archive.is/Bn9cO

They operate with minimal inventory (unremarkable) but everything is assembled to order. 4-5 days from order to ship. Plus they are getting returns from dealers (as noted in the big thread). The JIT guys are designed to operate on a pretty much continuous flow, sometimes staffing up or down for seasonal trends. Now he's the talk of the industry, and it ain't good talk. Most knife guys who occasionally drop by knife forums are well aware of it. Collectors are aware of it. Nobody wants to invest in a brand that smells like a skunk. His shop is either gonna coast building inventory (which they can't do much of, since customization is a big % of sales) or build the most popular models, which is what is being returned from PO'ed dealers. Distributors will throttle back on buying and cash flow is gonna take a hit. When distributors tell him about accounts giving up the brand, sales & marketing will scramble for new accounts, many of whom they had told to pound sand (per the marketing guy's core-dump to Portland "entrepreneurs".) If they try big box or Amazon they'll get beat up on margins.

So what do you do with a couple hundred people and a major hiccup in orders? Dip into revolving credit to keep em around doing... something, or lay em off? Depends on the owner and his recognition of the problem as being fundamental or temporary. Look at Dick's sporting goods. The boss is an idiot. Has no idea what his customers want, who they are. He's a billionaire. His company takes a major hit and he's still a billionaire (a smaller one tho). Can the Benchmade guy ride out a week? A month? Till the Holiday shopping season? Nope. Layoffs. Even if only a handful, even if temporary, nothing spooks the herd (employees) like the L word. The best people often go of their own volition first, as their talents are in demand. So now he has to hire (maybe an engineer, maybe a cnc guy or two) while laying off $10-15/hr assemblers. There goes morale, productivity and quality (which BM can't afford to lose).

He's in a bigger pickle than he realizes and he is absolutely clueless why.

Since his competitors now know his marketing research and planning, they can anticipate his response (although the blabbermouth marketing guy moved on to another company in early 2018).

TV picking it up caught everyone by surprise. Business schools will use this as a case study (and misinterpret why things went sideways).

This is a fascinating evolution to witness for old guys (like me) and a great education on business and knowing your customer for younger guys. They can learn a lot from this.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:01:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Turkeys done!

Bitches nipples are getting harder every time he lies.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:01:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Everything about that was extremely soft cock and SAD!
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:03:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think Benchmade's goose has seen its last bedroom set.

Kharn
View Quote
Sometimes words paint a picture so vivid, so enthralling, that the reader knows this is a work of art. Today you are Neruda.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:03:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Also tells galore when saying they support the 2nd. Nervous blinking etc.
View Quote
Not to mention his hands were so shaky he had to edit to him putting them behind his back (psychologically "hiding"). He also looks away, nervously, during key points.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:04:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Didn’t watch but from what I’m gathering from posts is that it was as chopped up as a Mosin Nagant in a Po-Po weapons disposal PR stunt. True?
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:05:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:05:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Can you imagine what it's like in the HQ right now?  Everyone sitting in the dark around a table, going "What the fuck do we do now?  Boss, you've got to make a statement.  You've got to walk this back."

"Ok, but I'm going to be very noncommittal and it's going to need heavy editing so I don't say what I really mean."

"We can work with that."
View Quote
I've had a meeting or two with Benchmade middle to upper management before. A more smugly self satisfied group of incompetents is hard to imagine.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:05:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:06:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Didn’t watch but from what I’m gathering from posts is that it was as chopped up as a Mosin Nagant in a Po-Po weapons disposal PR stunt. True?
View Quote
Less of an apology than Cory Jackson's video...and that is saying something.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:06:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Dicks/Fudd and Stream will probably carry the entire Benchmade line now.
View Quote
They will need to make up those orders. This might happen.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:08:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I've had a meeting or two with Benchmade middle to upper management before. A more smugly self satisfied group of incompetents is hard to imagine.
View Quote
Spend some time in academia.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:11:08 AM EDT
[#20]
This whole thing is just sad. I've been a loyal Benchmade customer since I was in high school
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:14:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
All I know is bladeforums is banning the shit out of people and locking the threads left and right. Its glorious.
I've tried to get banned there.  It's way harder than here.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:15:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Wow.

He must also be a micro manager that does not empower those in his employee to make decisions and/or speak up. Not a single person at that company would have told anyone honestly that video was effective. The only place I have seen shit like that is when leaders are either not respected or completely micro managing a business to the point that theirs is the only opinion in the room.

I will keep what I have but will not order another. I will also be contacting a few vendors I do business with and let my feelings be known about one of their top selling brands.

What a shit show. He really could have made it better by owning it but he did far more damage with the video. He had terrible body language when talking to the 2nd amendment and by the end of it I am not even sure he made any point at all. I really thought it was a stupid mistake they made but that video is convincing to me that he is absolutely not a supporter of gun rights.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:16:14 AM EDT
[#23]
He's been sucking too much butterfly cock.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:17:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Notice his emphasis on saying they are “good citizens”. Know exactly what that means. He thinks we are stupid.
View Quote
Good citizens don’t fuck other citizens out of their rights and they don’t support state sponsored destruction of arms based on seizure. That property if legally forfeited belongs to the people...
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:19:17 AM EDT
[#25]
My benchmades have served me well.

Right now they are in a pile on the kitchen table, waiting to be sold.

My virtue signaling is complete, and I'm just here for the gifs
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:19:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This whole thing is just sad. I've been a loyal Benchmade customer since I was in high school
View Quote
About time for a change now isn't it.....
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:22:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Fuck him!

Comments disabled because he could care less what we think.

I hope his shit gets pushed in by the gun and knife community.
View Quote
Is it possible to repost the video with credits and keep it open for comments ?
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:23:43 AM EDT
[#28]
CRKT is 15 minutes up the road from Bitchmade , maybe they can absorb a few soon-to-be-unemployed employees.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:25:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
CRKT is 15 minutes up the road from Bitchmade , maybe they can absorb a few soon-to-be-unemployed employees.
View Quote
Maybe CRKT should think about moving out of a Leftist controlled state and stop providing tax money to
the Communists.......hmmmm
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:26:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Swing and a miss D-Bag.

Hope your Dicks Sporting Goods business practice works well for you. Haven’t seen a company step on their pecker like this in awhile.

Bet they are a little more assertive when the chop saw gets taken to knives. FBM.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:26:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Same here.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:27:33 AM EDT
[#32]
I just feel bad the employees got stuck with this shitty company because they’ll be out of jobs when benchmade dies
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:29:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I just feel bad the employees got stuck with this shitty company because they’ll be out of jobs when benchmade dies
View Quote
I don't, they know that the company cuts up guns and donates to libtards.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:29:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:30:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Maybe CRKT should think about moving out of a Leftist controlled state and stop providing tax money to
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
'Cut and run' is no longer a viable tactic since Bloomberg and MDA moved the fight to the local level.

My family has deep ties to Oregon and Oregon government, there are still plenty of good honest people there.  It ain't over 'till it's over.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:32:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Benchmade....yeah were done here.

The arrogance of the left
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:38:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Wow, people are going to boycott them out of existence, just like they did REI
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:39:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
'Cut and run' is no longer a viable tactic since Bloomberg and MDA moved the fight to the local level.

My family has deep ties to Oregon and Oregon government, there are still plenty of good honest people there.  It ain't over 'till it's over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I agree with your idealism, 2A centric business must be pragmatic and moving ops into friendlier, redder environments makes sense. Make red States redder.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:39:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Sure it's been posted many times, but, I'm sure they would love to hear from you https://www.facebook.com/Benchmade/
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:39:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just feel bad the employees got stuck with this shitty company because they'll be out of jobs when benchmade dies
Yeah I don't think Mr. CEO was the one operating the grinder they used to chop them up.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:40:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Jump cut at :46 into the video. They cut something out.
View Quote
Must’ve cut a Mosin. Or, maybe an SKS.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:40:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:41:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Weak as fuck response.  Barely touches on the issue and when he does, needs an edit (at 1:12) because he even fucked that up.

Comments disabled...because he is a fucking coward.

As they say, how you respond to an adverse incident is more important than the fact that it took place...and he reacted like a blustering nervous fucking coward.  Fuck him.  With one of his overpriced knives.  That he uses to stab all off us in the back.  Fat fuck.

And how pathetic is it that he actually had to move two "I love me awards" into the left half of the frame?
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:41:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Wow, people are going to boycott them out of existence, just like they did REI
View Quote
REI has a solid granola crunching customer base. Dick's Sporting Goods? Remains to be seen if the soccer moms can save them.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:41:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:42:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Well, once the guns are all gone, people will have to buy more knives, so ...
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:42:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

While I agree with your idealism, 2A centric business must be pragmatic and moving ops into friendlier, redder environments makes sense. Make red States redder.
View Quote
I think a cutlery company is in the perfect position to be 2A friendly but still not incur political wrath based on their products.  For the life of me I can't understand why Bitchmade decided to throw that away, either by hubris or they just didn't think anyone was paying attention.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:45:38 AM EDT
[#48]
The body language here was very telling. Constant blinking, fidgeting right hand, cuts in the video....

It got so bad they cut it and had him put his hands behind his back.

Watch it from a higher altitude and you'll see.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:46:40 AM EDT
[#49]
My son has been hinting he wanted an auto-triage for his birthday.

That's not gonna happen.

Such is life.  There's lots of other good quality knives out there.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:47:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I think a cutlery company is in the perfect position to be 2A friendly but still not incur political wrath based on their products.  For the life of me I can't understand why Bitchmade decided to throw that away, either by hubris or they just didn't think anyone was paying attention.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can only guess that they believe in an America as “of the State” but not America as “of the People”.

ETA: Good or bad, we comprise America and our Freedoms and our Rights are ours and that no entity should hold power over them.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top