Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:18:08 PM EDT
[#1]
tellin ya tsa wouldn't even notice this 100k per person per trip easy peasy

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:18:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This came to mind! Wasn’t there a movie about?
View Quote

Jackie Brown Official Trailer #1 - (1997) HD

With Pam Grier:

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Same as a bank, anything $10k and over is suspect. I mean, you can legally do it, but you are going to be detained, you better have proof the money is legal, they may seize it. Shit, there are people who have had large amounts of cash seized when flying domestically.

To "them", why didn't the person just wire the money!?! Well, because they must be doing something illegal... Same as the people who get "asset forfeiture" because they get pulled over with $23k in cash when they are driving to another State to buy a used vehicle.  

Pretty sure Regan did this, war on drugs and what not. Though, it may have been Carter. I recall news stories and even my Grandfather (who worked at a bank) in Miami talking about people showing up to deposit millions in cash at a bank.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it illegal to take money out of the US?   Or a certain amount?

Same as a bank, anything $10k and over is suspect. I mean, you can legally do it, but you are going to be detained, you better have proof the money is legal, they may seize it. Shit, there are people who have had large amounts of cash seized when flying domestically.

To "them", why didn't the person just wire the money!?! Well, because they must be doing something illegal... Same as the people who get "asset forfeiture" because they get pulled over with $23k in cash when they are driving to another State to buy a used vehicle.  

Pretty sure Regan did this, war on drugs and what not. Though, it may have been Carter. I recall news stories and even my Grandfather (who worked at a bank) in Miami talking about people showing up to deposit millions in cash at a bank.

CBP is weirdly uninterested in the low $k values.  For reasons I prefer not to have to rehash I had a flagged passport for a very long time and was subject to incredibly intense inspection, interrogations, detainment and occasionally even imprisonment every time I crossed the US border.  They did not give a flying fuck when I had ~$9k in $100s.  They did not even bother to count it.  I sincerely believe CBP only goes after very large cash amounts, like if they see a massive stack.  

However they are straight up insane in thinking everything drugs even when it clearly is not.  Most the drones at ports of entry only have one script, even if you are citizen they will ask you the kind of questions designed to damn visa holders on administrative violations.  The most hilarious time was when CBPO thought he could deny me citizen entry to US.  Yes he found out he was wrong.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:45:38 PM EDT
[#4]
there's always diplomatic immunity
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:50:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:58:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Rare stamps
Rare coins
Diamonds
Bearer bonds
Monero

All very high density ways to move money. Also, frowned on but mostly legal.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:02:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:21:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Only pilots are professional enough to enjoy that particular benefit of being a crewmember? Or is it that FAs aren't actually crewmembers in your eyes?
View Quote

They are crewmembers but they also seem to be the vast majority of the ones abusing the system. I don’t know many pilots who would jeopardize their high paying job just to earn a quick 10k.  Maybe make two lines then. One for pilots and one for FA’s.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:24:26 AM EDT
[#9]
LOL. Diversity is our strength…
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:16:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Rare stamps
Rare coins
Diamonds
Bearer bonds
Monero

All very high density ways to move money. Also, frowned on but mostly legal.
View Quote

You can easily walk through an airport with a million dollar watch on your wrist.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top