Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 2:27:00 PM EDT
[#1]
She actually passed away like 6 years ago.

Her puppeteers will likely wait to until they get the Senate in midterms, then unplug her.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 2:28:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Trump has:

1) Scalia - check
2) Kennedy - check

3) RBG - 85 years old
4) Sotomayor - rumored to be very sick w type 1 diabetes, 2 hospital visits this year
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 5:05:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Trump has:

1) Scalia - check
2) Kennedy - check

3) RBG - 85 years old
4) Sotomayor - rumored to be very sick w type 1 diabetes, 2 hospital visits this year
View Quote
5) Thomas has voiced that he wants to retire as well. It could be any day.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 5:07:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
No. She will die on the court, she hates Trump.
View Quote
I'm going with this.

She's trapped in a prison of her own making.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If the story of Russian hacking are true, RBG would have already been dead.

https://media.giphy.com/media/47NX7fvI1Js8U/giphy.gif
View Quote
Dios mio!  El Diablo!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
She had colon cancer twenty years ago and then they caught the pancreatic cancer nine years ago when it was very early.  Apparently she was getting CT scans because of the colon cancer and they got it way earlier than most.  (Think Steve Jobs). I'd have to assume her surgery was simple and she is one of the rare few fully cured.
View Quote
No symptoms until it's too late is why its so deadly.  If you do manage to catch it early, it can be cured, IIRC.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 5:14:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If she does it right before the 2020 election it would motivate the fuck out of the left
View Quote
You're probably right.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 5:17:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Remember though- Trump loses the senate, and it’s all over- they will obstruct the fuck out of everything until he’s gone.

That’s the new face of American politics.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 5:22:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If the chips fall just right, Trump could put 5 in and the next two presidents put zero in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If RBG goes, yes, three.  In addition, though, Thomas will probably retire soon.  Could be four.  If Trump gets re-elected, definitely four, and possibly 5 (Breyer).
If the chips fall just right, Trump could put 5 in and the next two presidents put zero in.
I

Go ahead and expand the SC to 15. Before the Dems do it! He could pick 8_ 9. Winning!. Do eeeeet!
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If we get a decent conservative justice to replace Kennedy there's really no reason for her to remain.

She's old and sick and she knows her influence would be nonexistent anyway.
View Quote
Not true as long as Roberts can be convinced to side with the left on occasion.  He's right of Kennedy, but he's not hard right.
And there are always the cases where it's not split along the standard left-right spectrum.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 5:26:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trump has:

1) Scalia - check
2) Kennedy - check

3) RBG - 85 years old
Keep this up and 10 years from now the dems will be complaining bout having to deal with trump's court.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 5:42:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Trump's "reign", OP?  He's not a king and you should feel bad for thinking of a president ike that.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 5:50:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Three new conservative SC Justices???

That will be historic if the President can pull it off.

If that happens we need a huge dillo fundraiser so NOLO can get some of these anti gun laws crushed!!!
View Quote
Not 3 but 4 to 5.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 6:46:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Shes 85. Id be surprised if she made to the end of his term.

ETA  my grandmother is 85. She shouldnt even be in charge of a motor vehicle let alone the fate of a nation.
View Quote
My mom is 97 and is sharper than RBG!
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 6:59:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trump has:

1) Scalia - check
2) Kennedy - check

3) RBG - 85 years old
Link?
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 7:03:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shes 85. Id be surprised if she made to the end of his term.

ETA  my grandmother is 85. She shouldnt even be in charge of a motor vehicle let alone the fate of a nation.
My gramps is 85 and he's even said himself that he shouldnt be allowed to ever be a judge because he's aware his cognitive abilities have faded. Not that he'd ever been a judge or anything, he was just bitching about RBG's age and that there should be limits or mental aptitude tests annually for supreme court justices.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 7:03:47 PM EDT
[#18]
The libs will hold her family hostage if she tries to.  They would keep her on the bench hooked up to a life support system and a robotic rubber-stamping hand.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 7:06:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Three new conservative SC Justices???

That will be historic if the President can pull it off.

If that happens we need a huge dillo fundraiser so NOLO can get some of these anti gun laws crushed!!!
View Quote
If she was to pass away in her sleep in Trump's 3rd year they'd do their best to hold off and "let the next president pick the justice" because of the push to not let Obama pick the one who died in his term.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If she was to pass away in her sleep in Trump's 3rd year they'd do their best to hold off and "let the next president pick the justice" because of the push to not let Obama pick the one who died in his term.
View Quote
They are already trying that argument with Kennedy.   It falls flat on their non logical brains how the difference in situation is completely differn't.  Also expect them to use our argument (at that time) that the replacement should mimic the ideology of the one who died or is leaving.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 7:26:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Doubt even RBG seriously believes Trump isn't getting re-elected.  The only question is whether she can last until 2024, and that's assuming the dems manage to defeat Trump's would-be successor.

By 2028, I doubt she'll be capable of speech, or sitting up unassisted.
View Quote
So nothing will change between now and then?
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 7:27:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Retire, expire ,house fire, who gives a rats ass? GTFO!

Dope - Die motherf cker die

Then why don't you just fucking die already?

And fucking take mcstain with you!
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 7:28:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Attachment Attached File

She's going to be on the court for centuries, according to prophecy.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Along these lines.... what happens if she dies on the bench while hearing a case?  I'd imagine both sides would be justified in asking for a re-hearing.  How do they resolve a 4-4 tie?
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 7:37:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Guys- I worry about Roberts going left or cock blocking 2A cases...even with one or more origionalists on the bench.

He has this quaint view of juris prudence that the left is unbound by. Bent into pretzels saving Obamacare so that he wouldn’t have to rock the boat...or someone has dirt on him.

Look at the travel ban. The constitution is clear as day...my 10 year old could understand it...but 4 libs dissented because muh feelings.

I love justice Thomas but he should retire and play a part in the replacement justice while he can.

Would be awesome for him to preserve his legacy of defending the constitution.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 8:19:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I hope Trump wins reelection, but there is almost zero chance of GOP keeping the white house after Trump's two terms, assuming he wins.
View Quote
One of the important things that Trump is doing is dismantling the Democrats' slush fund mechanisms.

They've had an easy time of winning because they haven't had to pay for their campaigns -- they've forced the taxpayers to do that.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 12:05:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
They don't have the majority, and it's unlikely that they will after NOV.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 1:07:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Wouldn't it just be ironic if she were knifed to death by an illegal immigrant gay person?
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 1:05:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Along these lines.... what happens if she dies on the bench while hearing a case?  I'd imagine both sides would be justified in asking for a re-hearing.  How do they resolve a 4-4 tie?
View Quote
The lower court's decision is affirmed, but no precedent is made.  I don't know what happens if the USSC has original jurisdiction, but that's fairly rare.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 4:41:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If we get a decent conservative justice to replace Kennedy there's really no reason for her to remain.

She's old and sick and she knows her influence would be nonexistent anyway.
View Quote
Except quitting now would be a 30+ year impact to the left. Holding on a few more years, maybe not.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 4:54:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
A 4-4 tie upholds the lower court decision.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 5:30:09 AM EDT
[#33]
One could hope, personally I think She will hang on til the bitter end or she is forced off by health reasons (it would have to be something major like what McCain is dealing with).
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 5:34:46 AM EDT
[#34]
hahahahah
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 5:59:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
This. And her ego won't allow her to retire/resign.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 6:26:10 AM EDT
[#36]
If Trump gets a second term, she’s croak out of despair.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 6:35:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That's nothing.

When the Dem takes over on all branches, they will probably pass the laws to abolish Supreme Court.  Look what happening now, they don't have any shit yet and they want to remove ICE.
View Quote
We don't want but still have the ATF, I doubt they would actually get rid of it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 7:35:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Sotomayor is 65 with type 1 diabetes.  Females with that condition have a life expectancy of 68.   She’s already had several medical issues this year including a fall that resulted in a broken shoulder.  They now have her on an insulin pump.

She will out last RBG but might not outlast Breyer
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 7:36:39 AM EDT
[#39]
I’ve made no secret here of the fact that religious faith plays no part in my life, but I kinda like churches, particularly little, white clapboard, country churches.  There’s one down the road from me a bit, and because it’s a little, country church, the front doors to the sanctuary are typically unlocked. It’s a good place to sit quietly and think, something I’ve done two or three times a week for a few years.

Recently, for the second time in my life, I’ve been questioning my belief, or rather, my lack of belief, in a higher power.  So, now, whenever I visit my quiet place, in the hope that I have been wrong all these years, I’ve begun praying that, in his infinite mercy, God will call Ruth Bader Ginsburg to her eternal rest.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 8:14:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
I hope he sticks around to hear a good 2nd amendment case.   His dissent of the denial for certiorari in the resent California case was great.

He's sick and tired of the court treating the 2nd as a red headed step child.   With Kennedy being replaced, and if RBG is replaced I think he'll find a new found enthusiasm to stick around for a few more years.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 8:22:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I’ve made no secret here of the fact that religious faith plays no part in my life, but I kinda like churches, particularly little, white clapboard, country churches.  There’s one down the road from me a bit, and because it’s a little, country church, the front doors to the sanctuary are typically unlocked. It’s a good place to sit quietly and think, something I’ve done two or three times a week for a few years.

Recently, for the second time in my life, I’ve been questioning my belief, or rather, my lack of belief, in a higher power.  So, now, whenever I visit my quiet place, in the hope that I have been wrong all these years, I’ve begun praying that, in his infinite mercy, God will call Ruth Bader Ginsburg to her eternal rest.
View Quote
Jane, you’re awesome for many reasons.

This is just one of them.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 8:28:43 AM EDT
[#42]
So far we have

1. Gorsuch
2. Kennedy's replacement

On deck before 2024

3. RBG replacement
4. Breyer- Retires
5. Sotomayer has to retire for medical reasons
6. Thomas retires in 2022, so Trump can replace him.

By 2024 we have Roberts, Alito, Gorsuch and 5 other Trump appointees leaving Kagan a long career to write all the dissents by herself.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 8:40:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm hoping someone drops a house on her.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 8:43:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Doubt even RBG seriously believes Trump isn't getting re-elected.  The only question is whether she can last until 2024, and that's assuming the dems manage to defeat Trump's would-be successor.

By 2028, I doubt she'll be capable of speech, or sitting up unassisted.
View Quote
She'll wet the bench by then she'll be a general in the incontinental army
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 8:45:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

So far we have

1. Gorsuch
2. Kennedy's replacement

On deck before 2024

3. RBG replacement
4. Breyer- Retires

By 2024 we have Roberts, Alito, Gorsuch and 5 other Trump appointees leaving Kagan a long career to write all the dissents by herself.
View Quote
and that's what I call real social justice.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 10:06:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
If the good lord would call Ginsburg, Breyer, Sotomayor, and Kagan for judgment all within a year of each other I'd become a minister.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

So far we have

1. Gorsuch
2. Kennedy's replacement

On deck before 2024

3. RBG replacement
4. Breyer- Retires

View Quote
That's as long as Republicans don't fuck up their reelection campaigns. Otherwise it won't tip the court too much one way or another.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 10:19:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
She hates America. She always has. Long before Donald Trump was elected president, she has always hated American values, morals, the US Constitution, and the rule of law. If there ever was an activist judge, it is her.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 10:21:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Didn’t she threaten to retire if Trump won the election back in 2016?
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 10:23:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
She actually passed away like 6 years ago.

Her puppeteers will likely wait to until they get the Senate in midterms, then unplug her.
View Quote
Weekend at Ginsbernie's.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top