Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:37:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't think so. I seem to remember someone posted a study here where the military said the ideal soldier size was 5'10 or something like that. It was the best compromise of strength, speed, endurance, etc.
View Quote
There is not that much of an overlap between police work and soldiering.

Soldiers are going to carry lots of equipment over long distances and engage people while armed.

Most PD ride around in cars and only some of the engagement is armed.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:40:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

There is not that much of an overlap between police work and soldiering.

Soldiers are going to carry lots of equipment over long distances and engage people while armed.

Most PD ride around in cars and only some of the engagement is armed.
View Quote
Yeah, that's a good point.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:42:34 PM EDT
[#3]
About gabapentin.  The DEA changed the script regs earlier this year.  I believe it now only allows one renewal.  Somehow in the last year or two, the junkies figured out how to get high from it.  Damned if I know how.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:51:14 PM EDT
[#4]
GRRRRLLLL POWRRRRRR!!

I thought this was gonna be a K-pop thread?
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:52:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:57:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Shit, I'm old enough to remember when the NYS Trooper minimum height requirement was 6' 2".  I considered it at one time and would've barely made it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 12:15:00 AM EDT
[#7]
"Pinned BOTH OF THEM to the ground"

Where's live pd when you need them?

Saddest part is, when they were both in the dirt on the side of the road with an average sized male man handling them, as they looked at each other, it should have dawned on them how fucked up they were, and bowed out gracefully.

Bet they are still on the road as we speak, refusing to accept what a liability they are to the others on their shift.

Or, they are getting ready to clog up a retirement slot historically occupied by a broken down male patrolman with not enough time in to retire.. .
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 12:19:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Happens with Fire depts too.

Worst is the idiots that try to do all their work for them after they get hand waved though training.

At a wildfire and having to each carry tools plus hose packs up the mountain: Watch the desperate cuckboys that magically appear to carry Ms. Couldn't-Carry-Her-Own-Weight's gear too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I do not understand how a 4’11” woman can become a cop.
If I were a Chief I could never hire a woman like that in good conscience. When the inevitable happened, I would emotionally hold myself responsible for having allowed her to be in that position.

Worst is the idiots that try to do all their work for them after they get hand waved though training.

At a wildfire and having to each carry tools plus hose packs up the mountain: Watch the desperate cuckboys that magically appear to carry Ms. Couldn't-Carry-Her-Own-Weight's gear too.
Around here they just fast-track them into the paramedic program so they can sit on an ambulance all day.

Really great for morale when some chick with 2 years on the job gets picked for the med program you've been trying to get in for 10 years.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 12:40:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Quota hiring. Best of the best, right?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 12:46:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Worked with a 4 foot something 85lb female before. Rode tandem in FTO training before she was instantly a Lt. Promoted 3 ranks faster than you could say diversity hire.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 12:51:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A 4' 11" woman has no business being a cop.
View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 12:54:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quota hiring. Best of the best, right?
View Quote
It's weird.

Generally, in the legal world, there's this mechanism called 'foreseeable harm'. Entities lose zillions each year due to this. Except when it comes to... certain hiring and promotion systems. Not just exclusive to public safety, but the military, too. It's like 'the emperor has no clothes' recast as a documentary, and the little child gets fired for suggesting such a thing...
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 12:58:15 AM EDT
[#13]
5 foot tall female police officer in Anaheim, CA.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:17:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:22:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Hell no, Utah women are bred from polygamist pioneer stock, the double whammy for breeding tough chicks. Seriously...
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:53:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why does this make me think of the short cop from “The Police Academy” movies?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:54:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Wonder Twin powers activate: form of a full sized person !
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who's bright idea was it to put two tiny women together as partners?
Yeah, should pair 'em with a big oaf they could ride, like Master-Blaster

Also...OMG dey spinz!
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:03:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Wow. Lucky to be alive. Why be a cop when your that small? No one thought bad idea?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:06:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
It was probably something from a young age she wanted to do and didn’t let someone tell her she couldn’t do it?  They did their job and I’ve always said I have no problem with a female officer, but they should be reserved for special situations.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:13:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It was probably something from a young age she wanted to do and didn’t let someone tell her she couldn’t do it?  They did their job and I’ve always said I have no problem with a female officer, but they should be reserved for special situations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to fill ranks with people that can only be used in "special situations" unless you can somehow prove that there are special situations they would perform above and beyond their male counterparts(and those situations occur often enough to justify having people on the payroll that can only work those specific calls).
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:24:48 AM EDT
[#21]
The brass somehow thought making two dwarfs partners was the woke thing to do.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:33:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Who's bright idea was it to put two tiny women together as partners?
View Quote
Likely the full size cops, both men and women, refused to work with a partner smaller than their children.   Would you want to respond to a bar fight with a pint sized partner that will quickly become a victim and need saving?

The Bernalillo County Sheriff Dept has two females that are barely 5ft tall and might weigh all of 100 lbs.   When I first saw them, I thought they were kids in a scouting program.   They were struggling to hold up their duty belt and equipment.   They looked ridiculous next to a male cop that was 6'6".
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:46:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:54:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Around here they just fast-track them into the paramedic program so they can sit on an ambulance all day.

Really great for morale when some chick with 2 years on the job gets picked for the med program you've been trying to get in for 10 years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I were a Chief I could never hire a woman like that in good conscience. When the inevitable happened, I would emotionally hold myself responsible for having allowed her to be in that position.

Fuck, I would rather overhaul a tire fire all day than sit on the box.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 2:57:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The brass somehow thought making two dwarfs partners was the woke thing to do.
View Quote
They should have made one stand on the other's shoulders and wear a trench coat.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 3:25:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Equality!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Equality!
I've never been particularly athletic, but even I could have run the 2 mile with one of those chicks under each arm.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 3:26:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I’m not a dwarf.

I’m a kender.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nor 5’2”

4’11” that’s a dwarf isn’t it

The woman below is 4’11”

https://hips.hearstapps.com/cos.h-cdn.co/assets/15/33/1600x1918/gallery-1439577709-veronica-2.jpg?resize=768:*
I’m not a dwarf.

I’m a kender.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 3:48:21 AM EDT
[#28]
I brought this up at my own agency recently. We have an officer that's barely over 5 feet tall, and another that's a solid 5'2 powerlifter....but she's still 5'2.

I was informed that I needed to STFU.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:00:09 AM EDT
[#29]
A 4'11" dude has no business being a cop.

While a 6' requirement is likely unrealistic, there should certainly be physical requirement to be a cop.

Which certainly doesn't mean being 4'11" or 5'2".

It puts them and the broader community at risk.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:17:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I'll never understand the desire but there's always a line of guys waiting for the chance on the local big city dept.

They recently implemented a system where the senior medic on the box is actually an Lt.(but they can't laterally transfer to another Lt. position without going through the process again) so it's a way to fast track yourself to Lt pay without really being an Lt.

That and you get to wear that silly white coat so when the inner city patients call you "doctor" the mistake is actually understandable.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:20:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I’m not a dwarf.

I’m a kender.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nor 5’2”

4’11” that’s a dwarf isn’t it

The woman below is 4’11”

https://hips.hearstapps.com/cos.h-cdn.co/assets/15/33/1600x1918/gallery-1439577709-veronica-2.jpg?resize=768:*
I’m not a dwarf.

I’m a kender.
Holy crap! Was that a Dragonlance reference? I haven't read those books since high school
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:25:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I brought this up at my own agency recently. We have an officer that's barely over 5 feet tall, and another that's a solid 5'2 powerlifter....but she's still 5'2.

View Quote
I saw a "firefighter" with another dept that could not pull a cross lay hose alone because she didn't really weigh enough to yank it down from the truck and was short enough that she could just barely reach it.

Sadly, there is always someone (not even admin) that helps carry them through this stuff day to day.

Clown World
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 4:41:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
A woman has no business being a cop.
View Quote
Fify, ntf.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:59:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Exactly.

Do they let people who can’t walk become cops?
No.  There’s a reason for that.
View Quote
Joe Swanson
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:50:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
They're only alive because he decided not to kill them.
View Quote
This. They need more training, or they won’t make it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:52:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Weak ass diversity hires in the police force is good news for those who will boog.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:17:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Now that is funny as hell.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:23:58 AM EDT
[#38]
On my buddies platoon the worthless shrimp women generally are the loudmouths who start the fights.. then apparently they lock themselves in their cars and call for backup..they don't get out even when it arrives.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:32:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Eh, one of our retiring officers this year is a 4 11 female. She had more heart for her job than many male officers I've known.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:44:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:50:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Could you not just take your Paramedic at a community college and register NREMT?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:51:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Damn a lot of the departments with a 6’0” height weight standard are odd to me. Someone like Audie Murphy wouldn’t have been able to be a cop at 5’5” and 112LBs and he was dropping Nazis.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:54:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
6'?

Good luck filling openings with that requirement these days...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think the NH state police used to have a six foot height requirement.

Honestly they should go back to that, maybe with a waiver if your lean body mass is over X amount of pounds.
6'?

Good luck filling openings with that requirement these days...
Just head hunt here in GD where we're all 6'6" and a shredded 240 lbs with 7% body fat.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:10:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well not everyone can be 8' 14" tall like you.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:21:23 AM EDT
[#45]
My local PD has some micro chicks.  My wife witnessed one try to apprehend some dude that bailed out running from cops a few houses down from ours.  She heard sirens screaming and went outside to look.  She sees a cop walking through back yards across the street looking for someone.  She also sees a guy look around the corner of the house directly across from ours.  Finally the micronchick tries to go hands on and the guy flails his arms and takes off.   Up our driveway with my wife at the top of the hill.  She said the chic didn't bother really pursuing him, so he was basically power walking.   She goes inside and decides getting Clyde,  our 80lb shepherd mutt is a good idea.  Dude is standing next to our car and she sends Clyde out. She said he must have thought daddy was home, but after a second he realized it was a stranger.   Dude took off and Clyde chased him into the woods.  At that point wife calls me and says cops are chasing a guy through our yard.  I was 2 blocks away and when I got home, the micro cop came back up to look for her glasses she lost in the woods.  I thought to myself damn she is little.  So I helped look for her raybans, and found them. She thanked me and shook my hand.  I thought her hand is no bigger than an adolescent's hand.  There is no way she is gripping a G17 properly with that tiny hand, and no wonder the dude got away so easy.   I know, cool starry bra and all.  Btw, the same PD graduated a new recruit class a few weeks ago, and they made a big deal that 16 were females.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:29:04 AM EDT
[#46]
When I was training in Kempo, there was a woman in the dojo that was probably around that size. She had two settings, not in the dojo, and kill.

I hated sparring her, because she was fast and angry.

Still beat her regularly, but if you didn’t realize what she was capable of, she could hurt you.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:37:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
About gabapentin.  The DEA changed the script regs earlier this year.  I believe it now only allows one renewal.  Somehow in the last year or two, the junkies figured out how to get high from it.  Damned if I know how.
View Quote
I don't know about junkies, but it gets my kitties fucked up.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:39:51 AM EDT
[#48]
If you look on the Davis County Sheriff's Facebook page one of the Deputies had just been sworn in on 11/25. They have pics and she is even smaller than I pictured.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:40:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yeah well, Captain Marvel would have kicked his ass.
I know, I saw it in the movies.

It must be true.
View Quote
Dude, I saw this movie from like the 80s where this chick tried to become a seal and totally kicked the guys asses. If they can do shit like that, becoming a cop is like fucking nothing, man.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:43:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
FIFY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FIFY
Good fix
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top