Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:58:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Have to have female faces as their face.  Men are evil.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

A war in Ukraine might be the domino for a whole new kind of shit show.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/182245/Screenshot_20220125-081818_png-2253780.JPG

It's going to go swimmingly in the name of consensus.

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:05:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

She’s a people person, she deals with customers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just put one of the actual engineers on?

She’s a people person, she deals with customers.

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:07:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Every time I see something like this, the first thing I think of is that bridge in Florida that collapsed and killed like 9 people a few years ago.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:12:15 AM EDT
[#5]
The redhead finally stopped talking at 11:36 and I can't remember anything she said.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Okay so the first question is "how long does it take the telescope to orbit around the L2 point"
The answer from the girl who seems to be the operations "expert" is... "The audio cut out... [disconnected]"
The answer from the girl who is the astronomer seems to be talking around what a lagrange point is and orbits around the sun and stuff.

I would expect that very few people know the answer to that specific question, and the answer is largely irrelevant.  Any orbit about a lagrange point will be very small and the time it takes to complete will be fairly short and not relevant to anything but docking with that craft.
View Quote

ZZ Top even knew about Lagrange
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:16:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The sign language lady doesn’t know the sign for chocking on a dick.
View Quote

Sure she does!
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:30:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Did Scarlet ever come back? She must have had a button to shut off the stream in case something like this occurred.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:31:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

When I was on a contracts and acquisition team pretty much everybody, not an engineer among them, could rattle off facts on their components and the whole system. And we just did paperwork.
View Quote

You would think she would have prepared a facts sheet or something.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:37:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I was on a contracts and acquisition team pretty much everybody, not an engineer among them, could rattle off facts on their components and the whole system. And we just did paperwork.

To be fair, it is kind of an obscure question (in my opinion), not directly relevant to the function of the telescope, and they could change it when they felt like it (within reason/range).
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:51:39 PM EDT
[#11]

I never imagined I'd be saying this, but if I was going to bang a Defense Minister, I'm going with that Dutch one!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 12:02:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Okay so the first question is "how long does it take the telescope to orbit around the L2 point"
The answer from the girl who seems to be the operations "expert" is... "The audio cut out... [disconnected]"
The answer from the girl who is the astronomer seems to be talking around what a lagrange point is and orbits around the sun and stuff.

I would expect that very few people know the answer to that specific question, and the answer is largely irrelevant.  Any orbit about a lagrange point will be very small and the time it takes to complete will be fairly short and not relevant to anything but docking with that craft.
View Quote

Very small / fairly short = 800,000 kilometers / 6 months

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:19:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My boss does this

Any question she can’t answer sorry I can’t hear you internet issues then drops off.
View Quote

Lol what an amateur; I have a piece of crumpled foil always handy, switch the cam of and on a couple of times, then off, then scrunch the foil near the mic and go brrrrrrrrrrrrrr and drop off.

Also a good one is to speak but with gaps in the audio but keep your lips moving - Ok s... let's ge... ater... go thr.... ah th... audio keeps cutting... ah you... ucking ... unt.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:26:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Brutal. Rest assured she was the best candidate for the position though. When you realize this is happening across all industries, from the pilot that flies you somewhere to the people responsible for big decisions with huge technical or financial implications, it's just a matter of time before the cracks start showing everywhere.
View Quote

yep

chick didn't even understand the question I'd bet
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:39:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Attachment Attached File

This space nerd would have probably known, but he was cancelled because of his fuckin shirt
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:22:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Ask how many diaper changes are needed when stalking a former lover by driving half way across the country?
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:46:03 AM EDT
[#17]
What a waste of time and money.

No hot Asian rocket scientist chick, no care either.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 8:11:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ask how many diaper changes are needed when stalking a former lover by driving half way across the country?
View Quote

Iunderstoodthatreference.gif

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 8:20:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I just want to point out that 9 year old me knew at least where/what L2 was because of Gundam, I am sure a slightly more nerdy 9 year old boy could answer that question right now.

When girls are into weird shit like that maybe they can do science.
View Quote

Everything I know about Lagrange points I learned from The Mote in God's Eye and The Gripping Hand.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top