Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/29/2024 10:37:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PainefulCommonSense]
EDIT: Bought their trigger. It arrived promptly and functions perfectly.

Just wondering if anybody can offer a review of their interaction with Grey market researcher? Did you get your trigger and safety from them, did you get visits from anybody else?

https://greymarketresearch.net/
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 4:04:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump for any experience with the company
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 4:08:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Why would you get visits from anyone else? I didn't see anything nefarious.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 5:05:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MadeintheUSA:
Why would you get visits from anyone else? I didn't see anything nefarious.
View Quote

I don't think super safeties are nefarious, but others do it seems.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 1:43:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By PainefulCommonSense:
Just wondering if anybody can offer a review of their interaction with Grey market researcher? Did you get your trigger and safety from them, did you get visits from anybody else?

https://greymarketresearch.net/
View Quote

@PainefulCommonSense
No issues, great rep on fbook. If I was in the market, they'd be the source. I'm waiting for the larue mbts to be back in stock supposedly next week
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 1:54:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By NWRed:

@PainefulCommonSense
No issues, great rep on fbook. If I was in the market, they'd be the source. I'm waiting for the larue mbts to be back in stock supposedly next week
View Quote

@NWRed
Thanks so much for digging this up and giving me some peace of mind!

I'll be sure to buy something from you guys next month, really appreciate it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 2:06:53 AM EDT
[#6]
was half hoping this would be a rolex thread.

#neverpaygreymarket
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 2:07:20 AM EDT
[#7]

@NWRed
Thanks so much for digging this up and giving me some peace of mind!

I'll be sure to buy something from you guys next month, really appreciate it.
View Quote

@PainefulCommonSense

I'm just a fanboy/JOTM cultist. I stumbled across your post via google looking for a vid they posted that was removed by yt.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 3:48:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By aIIan:
was half hoping this would be a rolex thread.

#neverpaygreymarket
View Quote

My ammo fort isn't big enough to be Rolex shopping.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 12:43:47 AM EDT
[#9]
For anybody else who, like me, was unsure about this retailer; I got my trigger kit this week, installed it easily and took it out to the mountain today. Ran 6 30rd mags through it on the forced reset setting and a mag on regular semi auto.

No malfunctions. I would recommend GMR if you're in the market for a super safety.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:26:56 AM EDT
[#10]
So is this the Hoffman Tactical Super Safety? Is this better than an FRT-15?
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:47:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By matthew:
So is this the Hoffman Tactical Super Safety? Is this better than an FRT-15?
View Quote

It is the Hoffman design, but metal. I don't have a frt15, but this is 1/5th the price and you can actually buy it. I had no issues, so I can't see why the frt15 would be better - if you could even find somewhere to buy it - but maybe it uses a conventional AR safety instead of the crossbolt style?
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 2:28:17 AM EDT
[#12]
They are absolutely the go to right now. Fast shipping. Great price. The downfall is you will burn through so much ammo using one. It is fast. Very fast. H2 buffer was needed for mine to run flawless. I would not waste my time with a bump stock or a frt that costs $200-$300 or more. Grey market is all you need
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 2:30:29 AM EDT
[#13]

It is the Hoffman design, but metal. I don't have a frt15, but this is 1/5th the price and you can actually buy it. I had no issues, so I can't see why the frt15 would be better - if you could even find somewhere to buy it - but maybe it uses a conventional AR safety instead of the crossbolt style?
View Quote

My buddy compared his super safety to his wot trigger. I tried both with him. The wot was slightly faster but it was not running flawless. For the price it is not the better choice to me. Also the super safety is better for the fact that it is a safety and you can select which mode you want
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 2:32:28 AM EDT
[#14]
I know him and have bought from him many times.  No issues whatsoever and a few of my ARs and AP5 are now super safe.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 2:33:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By DriftingArmed:
They are absolutely the go to right now. Fast shipping. Great price. The downfall is you will burn through so much ammo using one. It is fast. Very fast. H2 buffer was needed for mine to run flawless. I would not waste my time with a bump stock or a frt that costs $200-$300 or more. Grey market is all you need
View Quote

Not surprised. I had a 12.5 midlength upper with me today, so that increased dwell time probably helped me out.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 2:35:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By NoImpactNoIdea:
I know him and have bought from him many times.  No issues whatsoever and a few of my ARs and AP5 are now super safe.
View Quote

Please buy him a beer and give him a handshake on my behalf.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 10:32:35 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

@NoImpactNoIdea

AP5 you say? I’d like to know more, how well does it function? We are talking an MP5 platform, right? You aren’t using “ap5” to mean a 9mm AR?
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 12:13:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NoImpactNoIdea] [#18]
Originally Posted By BourbonBeast:

@NoImpactNoIdea

AP5 you say? I’d like to know more, how well does it function? We are talking an MP5 platform, right? You aren’t using “ap5” to mean a 9mm AR?
View Quote

@BourbonBeast

No, I meant exactly what I said.  

I have a Lee Sporting lower, an GRM SS and a metal milled trip clip.  So far it works great, very high rate of fire, and gets amazingly dirty when suppressed.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 12:23:36 PM EDT
[#19]

@BourbonBeast

I have a Lee Sporting lower, an GRM SS and a metal milled trip clip.  So far it works great, very high rate of fire, and gets amazingly dirty when suppressed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@NoImpactNoIdea

@BourbonBeast

Ahhhhh okay, so it works with the AR FCG MP5 trigger housings, but not a regular MP5 trigger pack?
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 12:26:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Ahhhhh okay, so it works with the AR FCG MP5 trigger housings, but not a regular MP5 trigger pack?
View Quote

That is correct, the original SS is made specifically for the AR platform.  I believe there is an AK version out there and maybe some others but i haven’t looked too deep into anything else.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 11:13:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Will the SS work with a semi bolt in the Lee Sporting MP5 lower?
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 11:17:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Interesting... Very Interesting...

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 11:27:14 AM EDT
[#23]

@NoImpactNoIdea

View Quote

You will need a sliptrip and a spacer as well as the Lee Sportinggoods lower. But other than that its a hoot in a MP5k. More fun then the binary that was in there.

Link Posted: 7/28/2024 11:28:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
Will the SS work with a semi bolt in the Lee Sporting MP5 lower?
View Quote

Yes with the added parts.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 10:10:51 AM EDT
[#25]
For anybody else who, like me, was unsure about this retailer; I got my trigger kit this week, installed it easily and took it out to the mountain today. Ran 6 30rd mags through it on the forced reset setting and a mag on regular semi auto.

No malfunctions. I would recommend GMR if you're in the market for a super safety.
View Quote

I just got one in. Im an 02/07 but this looks like a good option for my truck gun. Im a bit confused though. Not a lot of assy instructions  and Im building a new lower for it. Does this use a standard semi auto trigger set? Ive seen it need milspec and to me Milspec means M16.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 5:48:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mini14jac] [#26]
Mine showed up promptly.

I wasn’t really interested in putting it in a 5.56 gun because of the expensive ammo, but I was hoping to get it running in a Foxtrot Mike FM-9.

I had some issues and the owner of Grey Market returned my emails on Saturday and Sunday.
I was shocked and he was very helpful, but it looks like it’s not going to work in the FM-9.

Link Posted: 8/11/2024 5:49:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mini14jac] [#27]
Originally Posted By 71Camaro427:

I just got one in. Im an 02/07 but this looks like a good option for my truck gun. Im a bit confused though. Not a lot of assy instructions  and Im building a new lower for it. Does this use a standard semi auto trigger set? Ive seen it need milspec and to me Milspec means M16.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 71Camaro427:

If you look at the pictures on their site, you can see that the rear portion of the trigger on the right side needs to be milled off.

You can see it here:
https://greymarketresearch.net/kit-b-complete-kit-with-straight-trigger/
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 6:30:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Bigger_Hammer:
Interesting... Very Interesting...

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

Very.. sold out.
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 8:58:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Got the pair I ordered over the weekend.  Haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but the machining quality looks good.  

This damn SS has cost me a lot of money.  I always wanted an MP5 but it never appealed to me in semi-only.  Well, this changes things.  My AP5-P has been ordered along with the Lee's Sporting lower, another AR LPK, and an all metal slip trip.  Now I'm shopping suppressors.  The equivalent of a legal, full-auto suppressed MP5 is what I wanted in the past and now it looks like I can have one!

I'll also be trying a SS in my 2 9mm AR builds as well as the 300BLK.

I wonder what kind of wear the rotating SS barrel will cause on receivers.  Not a big deal on cheap AR receivers, but the Lee's Sporting receiver was $300.  I'm considering having the MP5 SS turned down and a bushing of some sort placed in the Lee's receiver.
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 9:41:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Anyone know the specs on the 308 screw and spring?
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 9:56:53 AM EDT
[#31]
My order showed up three days after I placed it without any feds to go with it that I’m aware of.
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 9:58:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Fat_McNasty:

You will need a sliptrip and a spacer as well as the Lee Sportinggoods lower. But other than that its a hoot in a MP5k. More fun then the binary that was in there.

View Quote

A sliptrip?
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 10:23:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By chase45:

A sliptrip?
View Quote

It moves the lever back into position in the MP5s, in the ARs the bolt carrier does that.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#34]
you can squirt one for about 20 bucks.  i squirted my lower for my mke ap5 in cf nylon and that works with the super  safety
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 5:31:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shaggy] [#35]
Originally Posted By xfactor1:
you can squirt one for about 20 bucks.  i squirted my lower for my mke ap5 in cf nylon and that works with the super  safety
View Quote

Have you tried the lower in PLA+? Wondering if that would be enough for the lower housing, or if CF is necessary.

@xfactor1
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Can someone explain which products I need to be super safe with a geissele ssa?
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 5:54:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: motoguy] [#37]
On second thought...deleted.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 6:27:56 PM EDT
[#38]
i am sure you can do that lower in PLA+.  its not like a AR lower with the buffer tube threads. or even a glock frame, that have a lot of wear.  
 but guys do even glock frames in pla+ and get high round counts.. i just like how the pa6 cf nylon comes out .  it looks great.. it is stronger.. i printed a mp5  in it and it looks great.. look for KF 5 on odyesse  ..
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 7:45:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Got my mil spec SS from Deez Nutz Tactical.
I'm interested in the LaRue version from GMR for an IAR build.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 1:18:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
Can someone explain which products I need to be super safe with a geissele ssa?
View Quote

Greymarketresearch has kits that don't include the trigger. You do have to cut a little off the trigger, but they sell jigs to make it easy, and it's not a bearing surface or anything important,.just snipping the back a bit
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 10:18:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By withoutremorse42:

Greymarketresearch has kits that don't include the trigger. You do have to cut a little off the trigger, but they sell jigs to make it easy, and it's not a bearing surface or anything important,.just snipping the back a bit
View Quote

There’s two modifications to the trigger. The angle cut on the right side and the rounding off on the left side (which is a minor bearing surface).
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:02:13 PM EDT
[#42]
i noticed GMR had the Larue triggers cut for SS and then suddenly dropped that entirely from their site.  anyone know if that just didnt work out or what?  having a larue mbt + super safety would be a great setup given that most use would be safe rather than super safe.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:43:21 PM EDT
[#43]
No issue.
I was having some reservations but it was the most painless ordering and delivery process I have had.
Just as a precaution I ordered the jig and also a flat trigger kit.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 1:05:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Installed one yesterday.  I had to mill off some material inside the lower to get the lever to lay down a little more towards the buffer.  It was sticking up too high and wouldn’t allow the bolt to retract all the way or go forward.  Also had to take a few hundredths off the top of the lever.  Now it runs good.

Link Posted: 8/25/2024 3:09:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EagleArmsHBAR] [#45]
Originally Posted By Triggerstuck:
Installed one yesterday.  I had to mill off some material inside the lower to get the lever to lay down a little more towards the buffer.  It was sticking up too high and wouldn't allow the bolt to retract all the way or go forward.  Also had to take a few hundredths off the top of the lever.  Now it runs good.

https://i.postimg.cc/cJC37rJz/IMG-5706.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/zBRRM6KS/IMG-5708.jpg
View Quote
What lower?
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 3:12:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By bionicmonkey:
i noticed GMR had the Larue triggers cut for SS and then suddenly dropped that entirely from their site.  anyone know if that just didnt work out or what?  having a larue mbt + super safety would be a great setup given that most use would be safe rather than super safe.
View Quote

They didn't get the cut correct with the Large triggers so they pulled them until they could get it working correctly. Refunds are being issued to those that bought them, just have to contact GMR.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 5:09:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Triggerstuck] [#47]
Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
What lower?
View Quote

Rock River

" />
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 5:15:03 PM EDT
[#48]
OP is glowing and making a list of arfcommers who have super safeties.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 5:18:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Low-Cap:
OP is glowing and making a list of arfcommers who have super safeties.
View Quote

That’s my fantasy.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 5:47:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By bionicmonkey:
View Quote

They posted a little bit about the problems on FB , something about the LaRue hammers allow the lever to bind up , and offered to buy them all back while they work on a solution.

They posted this on x this week

Attachment Attached File

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top