Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 4:58:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why buy or avoid orange? Does it stand out too much?
View Quote

I like the orange for it to stand WAY out. Easy to spot.  Even with other items like knives and flashlights, I carry orange or bright colors in the Jeep.  That way when i set it down, I find it.  Blacks and dark colors seem to turn invisible when you drop them on a dark trail or set it on a log.

I like the orange for my radios simply to be able to spot my coms box if they are needed quickly to hand out.  Haven't run into a need yet where I NEED them fast, but still nice on trail runs when someone doesn't have one, I can hand them out.   Red for my First Aid gear.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 5:03:43 PM EDT
[#2]
got 4, thanks OP

Link Posted: 12/11/2023 5:04:44 PM EDT
[#3]
This place may cost me money (again), fighting temptation to head to HF after work to see what's left.  I don't NEED one but I can add it to the pile of other stuff I didn't need
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This place may cost me money (again), fighting temptation to head to HF after work to see what's left.  I don't NEED one but I can add it to the pile of other stuff I didn't need
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/11/2023 6:19:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, the local store says they are out despite the website saying they have it. I was going to order online, but keep getting the credit card error. How did you all get the order to go through online?
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 6:20:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well, the local store says they are out despite the website saying they have it. I was going to order online, but keep getting the credit card error. How did you all get the order to go through online?
View Quote

Switch browser
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 6:25:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 6:42:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Both my HF showed in stock and they were gone. They didn't have that much of a stock.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 6:46:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Out of stock
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 6:52:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same.  Why put the stock status if it means jack shit?  Good reminder that I don't need to shop there.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 7:06:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I picked up 2 online along with some other things.  I should have gotten an orange one to put my communication equipment in.  They are great for the money, I have a few of all the sizes.  I have the 4800s and the 9800 I got for 99 bucks.  Cant beat that for a rifle case.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I got the last two at my local harbor freight. Anyone who wants to get in I would definitely order online.
View Quote

So it was you ….
Was in south Dayton store at 11:30 all colors sold out
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 8:18:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

We need a HF Lower.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/11/2023 8:18:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks OP!
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I cannot get this order to process. I’ve tried no less than 10 times, multiple browsers, credit cards, the whole nine. So much so that my bank sent the ‘fraud’ text (which I confirmed this was not). Dang it, I could definitely have used the three I was hoping to grab.

Anyone else getting the same error? Persistence is not what’s lacking here, maybe it’s just not meant to be. But damn this is frustrating.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 8:59:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Ordered 3... 2 in black and 1 in tan... also ordered some other xmas gifts as well to make the shipping worth while
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#17]
My local stores sold out quick, but if you enter the coupon code online, they drop to $19.99
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 9:35:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks OP…..I got the last three at my local HF. I wanted a tan one, so I ordered it on-line:)

Link Posted: 12/11/2023 9:37:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Ordered 3, 2 fde one black

Today op was a cool guy
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 10:28:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Ordered, thanks OP!
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 10:40:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I cannot get this order to process. I’ve tried no less than 10 times, multiple browsers, credit cards, the whole nine. So much so that my bank sent the ‘fraud’ text (which I confirmed this was not). Dang it, I could definitely have used the three I was hoping to grab.

Anyone else getting the same error? Persistence is not what’s lacking here, maybe it’s just not meant to be. But damn this is frustrating.
View Quote

@Bonzo

Want me to order for you?  Send me the total cost And I'll order to your address.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 10:52:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Anybody in TB FL area want to trade me their 3800 for my tan 4800? The 4800 is too big for my needs I just need a 3800. All sold out in my area.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 11:45:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Had to order online as the local HF was out of stock.  Was only $6.99 shipping for 3 though.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 11:47:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Ordered 3 early in the morning and was too lazy to drive 20mins to the nearest one, but only cost $7 shipping. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 11:55:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Ordered two. Don’t know what I’m going to put in them though.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 12:34:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Ordered two. Don't know what I'm going to put in them though.
View Quote

I feel the same way.

Need some ideas guys, what are you going to put in yours?
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 12:39:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I feel the same way.

View Quote

Bitch might get heavy in a hurry...going to use the first one as an ammo box when I hit the farm to do some shooting.

Others, store some ammo I don't normally shoot often in them.

Maybe even organize several sets of binos I have in them...for protection n such.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 12:40:59 AM EDT
[#28]
@drumbic

Do you want to change your title to make it a general HF sales thread since it's going on for multiple more days?

@JLpettimoreIII

I was going to see if you wanted to change the title on yours but this one has more traffic right now.

I use a lot of HF tools. A lot. Pittsburg, Icon, etc.

Link Posted: 12/12/2023 12:41:13 AM EDT
[#29]
On Ebay they got different variations of custom handgun precut foam that fits your Harbor Freight Apache 3800 case. They use the Military closed cell foam which much better than the soft pick/n/pluck foam.

Link

Link Posted: 12/12/2023 12:41:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I feel the same way.

View Quote

Handguns, NVGs, cans.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 12:42:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
On Ebay they got different variations of custom handgun precut foam that fits your Harbor Freight Apache 3800 case. They use the Military closed cell foam which much better than the soft pick/n/pluck foam.

Link

View Quote

I was all about it until I saw the price tag.

75$ foam for a 20$ case
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 12:45:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

75$ foam for a 20$ case
View Quote

The pick n pluck gets loose after awhile and starts to tear apart with heavy use. Its sucks after awhile, trust me, the closed cell foam is like night and day better.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 12:59:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Where is a good place to get replacemet foam?
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 1:01:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I feel the same way.

View Quote

I use mine for suppesssiors
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 1:29:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The pick n pluck gets loose after awhile and starts to tear apart with heavy use. Its sucks after awhile, trust me, the closed cell foam is like night and day better.
View Quote

It is better no doubt so go buy a can of PlastiDip at Wal-Mart and lightly spray the foam after you've picked your foam and it will be fine.

None at my HF that is an hour south of me so I ordered 3 for just what fadedsun mentioned, cans and handguns.
Thanks OP
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 1:32:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Deal is done ??
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 1:36:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Where is a good place to get replacemet foam?
View Quote

GunFormz
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 1:46:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Question: I was always told not to store firearms for a longer duration in cases, as it can cause corrosion. Are you all storing them in there long-term or just back and forth to the range? It would be nice if they could just be left in these cases, but moisture and corrosion has me concerned.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 1:47:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

75$ foam for a 20$ case
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

75$ foam for a 20$ case

Yeah fuck that. $75? El oh El.

I've got a CNC router table at work and ooodles of that exact foam. We cut a ton of it.
I'll see about working up a design and making it happen.
I've got no work for the router until mid-January so we got time.

Eta- our cost on a 4x8 2" sheet is just under $80. Triple  them up to get desired thickness. Should be able to get 7 sets per sheet, conservatively.
Hmm...I smell an opportunity.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 1:51:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Deal is done ??
View Quote

Not for 9 more minutes! Order away online!

@juslearnin
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 2:11:28 AM EDT
[#41]
This place cost me 70 bucks… thousands in the past.  Thanks OP
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 6:54:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 7:26:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 10:28:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Deal is over. Now we see how well their shipping of items works!   Does say 5-7 days.     For some reason I am expecting these to show up, as is, with a shipping label stuck to the sides
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 10:30:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I like the orange for it to stand WAY out. Easy to spot.  Even with other items like knives and flashlights, I carry orange or bright colors in the Jeep.  That way when i set it down, I find it.  Blacks and dark colors seem to turn invisible when you drop them on a dark trail or set it on a log.

I like the orange for my radios simply to be able to spot my coms box if they are needed quickly to hand out.  Haven't run into a need yet where I NEED them fast, but still nice on trail runs when someone doesn't have one, I can hand them out.   Red for my First Aid gear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why buy or avoid orange? Does it stand out too much?

This.  I'm done with black car interiors for the same reason - impossible to find anything!  Black range bag, forget it, I'll never find that loose small Allen wrench floating around in there.

I got one of each color of these cases.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 10:48:16 AM EDT
[#46]

Impressive pole barn/garage.
I wish you were my friend
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

True, I looked at your deal again and it's for 4 sets of foam, not just one.

So I get really good foam and a decent case for 40$ a pop basically.

Not bad, @realwar

Quoted:

Damn, HF has shop couches

That was our primary couch until it got destroyed by the cats and my wife dumped it in the shop.

I'll put it on the burn pile in a year or two when I go to drag everything out and paint and insulate.

Quoted:

Yeah fuck that. $75? El oh El.

I've got a CNC router table at work and ooodles of that exact foam. We cut a ton of it.
I'll see about working up a design and making it happen.
I've got no work for the router until mid-January so we got time.

Eta- our cost on a 4x8 2" sheet is just under $80. Triple  them up to get desired thickness. Should be able to get 7 sets per sheet, conservatively.
Hmm...I smell an opportunity.

It's not a bad deal when you factor in there's 4 of them in it. If you get 3 of the Apache cases it's 140ish tax/sh for 3 loaded cases.

Quoted:

Impressive pole barn/garage.
I wish you were my friend

3 years in the making...I always wanted one of these as a 20 something like I saw all friends had, now I have one

GO BIGGER THAN YOU THINK YOU NEED! I should have gone 40x60

Quoted:
What's that in the back? Looks armored to me

BRDM-2 and a Mowag Roland and about 1/10th of the armored kit for a hmmwv.

@PA-Minuteman not gonna derail the thread with pics and stuff but there's a build/resto thread in the car/truck section full of pics
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 12:10:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It isn't for 4 pieces of foam, it is for one 4-slot piece of foam.

I'll just use plastidip on mine.
View Quote

I failed successfully.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 8:13:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'll just use plastidip on mine.
View Quote

I plastidip mine as well.  Does the job!
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top