Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 107
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:53:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Engineer5:
I finally finished the five hour break in on my new Champion Digital Hybrid 4000/3500.  Started easy each time.  I'm running 91 octane no ethanol fuel.  Book says it will run 10% blend just fine.....no thanks.  Changed the oil and it was surprisingly clean.  Comes with a nice little funnel, USB plug adapter and battery charging cable.  Book list NGK equivalent plug so I went ahead and orderd a few of those to have on hand.

I have to say this one is louder than I thought on full speed.  On ECO mode is much quieter of course.  I did have it sitting out behind the garage which is a block wall so that didn't help with the sound.  Thinking of building some kind of box/shelter for it or maybe running it out in the shed if need be.  Also have an hour meter on order.

For $497 shipped i'm happy.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/84711/004_JPG-341807.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/84711/005_JPG-341808.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/84711/003_JPG-341806.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/84711/006_JPG-341813.jpg
View Quote
How loud is it in comparison to a standard inverter unit?

What's your fuel consumption?
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 8:39:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I finally finished the five hour break in on my new Champion Digital Hybrid 4000/3500.  Started easy each time.  I'm running 91 octane no ethanol fuel.  Book says it will run 10% blend just fine.....no thanks.  Changed the oil and it was surprisingly clean.  Comes with a nice little funnel, USB plug adapter and battery charging cable.  Book list NGK equivalent plug so I went ahead and orderd a few of those to have on hand.

I have to say this one is louder than I thought on full speed.  On ECO mode is much quieter of course.  I did have it sitting out behind the garage which is a block wall so that didn't help with the sound.  Thinking of building some kind of box/shelter for it or maybe running it out in the shed if need be.  Also have an hour meter on order.

My honda eu2000 is quieter at full throttle than the digital hybrid is with eco turned on.

The champion doesn't go down to idle under no load , maybe 1/2 or less.

No idea on fuel consumption.

I broke it in, changed the oil and shelved it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 9:06:46 AM EDT
[#3]

View All Quotes

I have nothing to compare it too. And same as mentioned above..... I broke it in, changed the oil and that's it.  I can't really comment on fuel usage.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 4:39:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I was reprimanded by a very important poster last time... but

My Harbor Freight 2000 Invertor now has 32 hours, actually a small amount over.

Oil has been changed 3x now

I noted on oil change #2, where the gen pulled a large fan, stereo, and circular saw for roughly 6 hours, the oil smelled like exhaust very badly.  Not sure what is going on there.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 4:52:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Banditman:

Who is going to close it? A ghost?  

Do you have any loaded arms in your house? What keeps others from shooting it.

People should be responsible for their own actions. But your post was pure stupidity.
View Quote
Some folks feel compelled to force others to do their wishes...

Or protect and expound their turf...
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 4:53:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By CVO:

I am all ears, why don't you tell.
View Quote
He doesn't know
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 4:55:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#7]
I'd like to know who will support re parts, all these similar 'off brand' clones???

Could they be considered to be semi-disposable?
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 6:13:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By hkx3:
I noted on oil change #2, where the gen pulled a large fan, stereo, and circular saw for roughly 6 hours, the oil smelled like exhaust very badly.  Not sure what is going on there.
View Quote
Exhaust leaking past the rings, into the crankcase.

Typically, it's worse on a new engine (until the rings get broken in), and when the engine is being worked hard (higher combustion chamber pressure).
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:34:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By GunLvrPHD:
Would it be safe to run one on a condo balcony?
View Quote
NO !
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:49:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Westinghouse generator #2 (replacement) was a success. No rattle / scratching noises.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By EXPY37:
He doesn't know
View All Quotes

I am all ears, why don't you tell.
He doesn't know
Attachment Attached File

What happens to a motor that is spinning when you turn the power off?  

Expy....you should know from the TRT thread I don't spout BS  
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:15:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By two4spooky:
I would be interested. The Honda EU2000i is a known quantity. The Yamaha seems less so. I have found little on the Chicom clones other than cost and unboxing videos. More information is always helpful. You can IM me a link if you like.
View Quote
Thats the rub, save 300 bucks on a generator that has no longevity record or bite the bullet for one that has an excellent one. Im intrigued by these little HF wonders but without a track record im Leary.....the whole point of a gennie is its needed in an emergency. I have wells at my primary residence and BOL so not really an option (maybe 2 of the 3500 and a parallel cord) I have a Honda 2000 for routine stuff already, trying to figure out what to do for the wells
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:17:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Desert_AIP:

Back feeding is dangerous and you know it.  For other reasons than grounding, especially by a novice.

I mentioned routing the neutral through the ground, with the caveat the generator would remain ungrounded.
Every generator manual I've read describes attaching a ground lead to the grounding screw.
If you're hooking into a house panel, that occurs through the grounding lug of the outlet.
Neutral and ground aren't bonded on my EU2000.  I doubt they are on my Preadtor 7000.

But I wasn't going to describe a step by step how to.

Look at that pic of the dryer plug.  
It's got romex hanging off of it instead of SOOW appliance cord.
That's got jerry rigged written all over it.
At least it's 10 AWG.
View Quote
I have a nice new house across the street from me, old one burned down after an ice storm......creative generator backfeeding..........install a transfer switch
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 12:27:50 AM EDT
[#14]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/67501/motor_voltage_vectors-345022.JPG

What happens to a motor that is spinning when you turn the power off?  

Expy....you should know from the TRT thread I don't spout BS  
View Quote
It slows down...

Link Posted: 10/27/2017 11:00:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By uncool:
Thats the rub, save 300 bucks on a generator that has no longevity record or bite the bullet for one that has an excellent one. Im intrigued by these little HF wonders but without a track record im Leary.....the whole point of a gennie is its needed in an emergency. I have wells at my primary residence and BOL so not really an option (maybe 2 of the 3500 and a parallel cord) I have a Honda 2000 for routine stuff already, trying to figure out what to do for the wells
View All Quotes
I would be interested. The Honda EU2000i is a known quantity. The Yamaha seems less so. I have found little on the Chicom clones other than cost and unboxing videos. More information is always helpful. You can IM me a link if you like.
Are your well pumps 120 or 240? If 240 your best bet, cost wise, is one of the standard generators.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 11:07:49 AM EDT
[#16]
I have a nice new house across the street from me, old one burned down after an ice storm......creative generator backfeeding..........install a transfer switch
View All Quotes

Back feeding is dangerous and you know it.  For other reasons than grounding, especially by a novice.

I mentioned routing the neutral through the ground, with the caveat the generator would remain ungrounded.
Every generator manual I've read describes attaching a ground lead to the grounding screw.
If you're hooking into a house panel, that occurs through the grounding lug of the outlet.
Neutral and ground aren't bonded on my EU2000.  I doubt they are on my Preadtor 7000.

At least it's 10 AWG.
How did the creative back feeding burn down the home?
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 12:55:35 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote
I want to know the answer to that as well.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 12:57:05 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes

At least it's 10 AWG.
Probably started a fire.

Link Posted: 10/27/2017 12:57:49 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
I'd bet on it backfed into wiring that was not nearly rated high enough or somehow backfed through a device that melted down..

That is my non-electrician guess on how someone could fuck it up with very negative results.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 1:22:36 PM EDT
[#20]
My Predator 2000 was ordered on 9/20/17 and arrived 10/26/17 due to backorder.
Filled with oil and premium non ethanol gas with stabilizer. Started on 2nd pull.
Working on break in now after checking for 110 and 12 volt output. Updates to follow.
Very quiet compared to an open frame generator.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 1:36:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By phatmax:
I'd bet on it backfed into wiring that was not nearly rated high enough or somehow backfed through a device that melted down..

That is my non-electrician guess on how someone could fuck it up with very negative results.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By phatmax:

That would be my guess as well. Trying to push 50A through a 15A or 30A receptacle.

That or the mains came back on and the generator caught fire.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 1:45:19 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Agreed, bite the bullet. Even though I have been impressed with the Q-A I would not recommend it as a sole source for emergency power. For a critical need I would want something more proven. My use is to save wear and tear on an EU2000 when throwing it in back of the truck, down the drive with the tractor or such. In that role it fits.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 1:45:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Undefined:
That would be my guess as well. Trying to push 50A through a 15A or 30A receptacle.
That or the mains came back on and the generator caught fire.
View Quote
I assume that if you have a basic understanding of how home electricity systems work, and no one else in your home is dumb enough to mess with the stuff without your permission, you can do a simple backfeed safely.

The transfer switches and such are there to provide stupid-proofing and ease of use.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.  I do it for users at work all the time.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#24]
I'd like to know who will support re parts, all these similar 'off brand' clones???

Could they be considered to be semi-disposable?
View Quote
I would think so. Much like the "TailGator" but more expensive with more practical applications. I see value if the clone last a decent while but would not expect Honda durability, not even close. Above a certain price I don't see the value,  ~33% cost of an original works for me personally. So far I'm really liking the Quip-All. If a major failure happens tomorrow my opinion will change and I will post it.    

Plus I think small engines are interesting, tinkering with them is entertaining. As a non-critical item for my use the clone offers that.

Link Posted: 10/27/2017 2:18:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CVO] [#25]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

I assume that if you have a basic understanding of how home electricity systems work, and no one else in your home is dumb enough to mess with the stuff without your permission, you can do a simple backfeed safely.

The transfer switches and such are there to provide stupid-proofing and ease of use.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.  I do it for users at work all the time.
View Quote
Assuming that the breaker you're back feeding is sized properly and the gen also has a internal breaker. You're absolutely 100% correct.

Some of the posts in this thread makes me shake my head, especially the ones I have replied to and received no answer.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 2:47:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Assuming that the breaker you're back feed is sized properly and the gen also has a internal breaker. You're absolutely 100% correct.

Some of the posts in this thread makes me shake my [head], especially the ones I have replied to and received no answer.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

Assuming that the breaker you're back feed is sized properly and the gen also has a internal breaker. You're absolutely 100% correct.

Some of the posts in this thread makes me shake my [head], especially the ones I have replied to and received no answer.
One constant on this site is heavy, labored hand wringing.

Shoulder or dont your brace
Weld .1245678" of an inch of barrel to keep long enough
Order a spring and follower for your Benelli M4 to keep it 922rbucksthjebab compliant
Suffer through using the POS enviro friendly spout on your weedwacker gas can
Dont tune or alter your car that you paid $50k of your own money for
Etc Etc Etc

There are so many here that pretend to walk a thin line, and in real life probably dont even have the money to do anything else.  

Like Ron White said, how big of a deal is it to not cheat on your wife if you are fat ugly and socially awkward.  Now, make yourself Tiger Woods, and turn down strange.  Whole different deal
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 2:56:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#27]
Originally Posted By hkx3:

One constant on this site is heavy, labored hand wringing.

Shoulder or dont your brace
Weld .1245678" of an inch of barrel to keep long enough
Order a spring and follower for your Benelli M4 to keep it 922rbucksthjebab compliant
Suffer through using the POS enviro friendly spout on your weedwacker gas can
Dont tune or alter your car that you paid $50k of your own money for
Etc Etc Etc

There are so many here that pretend to walk a thin line, and in real life probably dont even have the money to do anything else.  

Like Ron White said, how big of a deal is it to not cheat on your wife if you are fat ugly and socially awkward.  Now, make yourself Tiger Woods, and turn down strange.  Whole different deal
View Quote
BINGO!!!!  

But you forgot snake oil in gas...

Observe Gun Hobbyists in general.

You will often find folks who put Emotions and Feelz ahead of Logic, Reason and Common Sense ---and could use a good dose of Arimidex...

I'm not sure if Fudds or EBR folks are worse...

It became SOOO apparent after this last election.

Add to that the "Please don't do this"

And "Pulleeease don't do THAT"

Folks -who can't MTOB ---trying to save the World

Then consider the various 'Service Professionals' [med, HVAC, attys, mechanics, engineers, etc., etc.]  protecting their perceived TURFFF and insecurity, with more energy than a teenager protecting her fav nail polish

HAHAHA!

It all becomes rather interesting...

"Like Ron White said, how big of a deal is it to not cheat on your wife if you are fat ugly and socially awkward. Now, make yourself Tiger Woods, and turn down strange. Whole different deal"

Gonna have to ask around on this...
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#28]
We really need a separate suicide cable thread.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 4:41:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By jefflebowski:
View Quote
There has already been a few, I googled a search for "wiring back feed 240 into breaker panel"
and looking at photos saw there were some linked to arfcom.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#30]
There has already been a few, I googled a search for "wiring back feed 240 into breaker panel"
View All Quotes
There aren't many search terms that don't lead you to a thread on arfcom.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 5:22:45 PM EDT
[#31]

There aren't many search terms that don't lead you to a thread on arfcom.
View Quote
I learned that back on the Herby Curby thread years ago. I google it and the AR15 thread
out ranked the official web page.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 6:41:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gamma762] [#32]
View Quote
There was one in the wake of the hurricanes, it went to crap quickly with the everpresent accusations of premeditation of murder, etc.

I will have to say that one of the assertions in that thread was a new one for me... that not only are circuit breakers supposedly unreliable and fail closed, but that an actual physical disconnect also can supposedly fail closed. It was not explained how an interlock or transfer switch protects linemen from parts failure. Left me looking like my avatar.

It was in GD, maybe after enough time has passed one could be done in SF under a description of TEOTWAWKI preparedness knowledge, never to be used in civilized society etc.

Almost all of what you need to know is basic electrical knowledge, ie, sufficient wire gauge, the difference between hot and neutral, etc. The major hazard is if someone fails to disconnect from the power grid first (for multiple reasons).

This is really the only non-obvious "hack" in generator power, which also would apply to the fancy setups:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_17/690289_SAFELY-power-both-legs-with-a-120V-generator-.html
I will advise that if you do that bridge wire in the plug and you fail to disconnect from the power mains, when power is restored your bridge will probably explode or catch fire.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 6:54:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Gamma762:

There was one in the wake of the hurricanes, it went to crap quickly with the everpresent accusations of premeditation of murder, etc.

I will have to say that one of the assertions in that thread was a new one for me... that not only are circuit breakers supposedly unreliable and fail closed, but that an actual physical disconnect also can supposedly fail closed. It was not explained how an interlock or transfer switch protects linemen from parts failure. Left me looking like my avatar.
View Quote
We basically had that in this one as well.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 7:35:13 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
I dont know what he did, he was close to 80, fire marshal declared it was how he wired the gennie in was the cause. State farm payed (I dont think they wanted the bad PR) and I didnt want to ask because he had lost everything (some sad stuff watching an 80 year old couple sitting on the front porch of their burnt down home. Before that Id pull the meter and wire directly to the box....after that I had a transfer switch installed. My other neighbor sold me her generator after that, she wanted nothing to do with it. ( I gave her a fair price....she was going to sell it for 50 at a yard sale, I gave her 200.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 7:43:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#35]
I dont know what he did, he was close to 80, fire marshal declared it was how he wired the gennie in was the cause. State farm payed (I dont think they wanted the bad PR) and I didnt want to ask because he had lost everything (some sad stuff watching an 80 year old couple sitting on the front porch of their burnt down home. Before that Id pull the meter and wire directly to the box....after that I had a transfer switch installed. My other neighbor sold me her generator after that, she wanted nothing to do with it. ( I gave her a fair price....she was going to sell it for 50 at a yard sale, I gave her 200.
View All Quotes

This reminds me of the well off aunt of a friend who had bought a new car and had it about 2 years.

One day she got a flat tire.

She lost so much confidence in her car she traded it in for a new one.

We considered letting the air out of one the tires on the new one but never got around to it.

Link Posted: 10/27/2017 7:55:49 PM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes

Maybe he ran a lamp cord from the gen to the feedback breaker, laid the cord on top of newspapers and it melted and caught the papers on fire. Who knows.

But seriously, I can't think of any reasons using the back feed method that would start a fire, if you use proper wire and protection.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 8:07:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#37]
Maybe he ran a lamp cord from the gen to the feedback breaker, laid the cord on top of newspapers and it melted and caught the papers on fire. Who knows.

But seriously, I can't think of any reasons using the back feed method that would start a fire, if you use proper wire and protection.
View All Quotes

Old guy prolly WANTED to burn the house down to collect the insurance and move to that old folks home in FL noted for promiscuity...

So he laid out some wire and a genny, fooled the Fire Marshal who know as much about electricity as most 5 YO's and electricitans...

Fooled the insurance co...

Fooled certain Arfcomers [that's no big deal at all]

Sat on the only part of his house that hadn't burned -the front porch -he'd especially planned to save, so they could elicit sympathy...

When the heat [no pun intended] blew off, moved to FL and he and his wife had the wife swapping time of their lives  -on the insurance co's $$$.

Pretty smart old-timer ---prolly was a Rocket Sturgeon Scientist at some electrical contractor.

LOL!
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 8:13:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Folks frequently mention pulling their meter...

Whoz going to volunteer and see what the Power Co has to say abt it as they ream the Puller's ass???
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 8:18:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Are your well pumps 120 or 240? If 240 your best bet, cost wise, is one of the standard generators.
View All Quotes
No question.  A pump is not going to be very sensitive to dirty power.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote
You summed it up nicely. Those that have the mental capacity to use the proper wire and protection (and to disconnect the mains) aren't going to burn down their house or kill a lineman.

Unfortunately, stupidity is second only to hydrogen as the most plentiful element in the universe.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 8:49:24 PM EDT
[#41]

It was in GD, maybe after enough time has passed one could be done in SF under a description of TEOTWAWKI preparedness knowledge, never to be used in civilized society etc.

Almost all of what you need to know is basic electrical knowledge, ie, sufficient wire gauge, the difference between hot and neutral, etc. The major hazard is if someone fails to disconnect from the power grid first (for multiple reasons).

This is really the only non-obvious "hack" in generator power, which also would apply to the fancy setups:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_17/690289_SAFELY-power-both-legs-with-a-120V-generator-.html
I will advise that if you do that bridge wire in the plug and you fail to disconnect from the power mains, when power is restored your bridge will probably explode or catch fire.
View All Quotes

A interlock does not protect from parts failure it's just much better than nothing.
If it fails and it's closed and a generator is running its back feeding the grid.

A true safety switch has a set of knives that when closed are either under generator power or line.
If it fails it's either going to fail closed to the generator & cannot return to line power or it fails on line power and never goes to generator.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 9:02:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#42]
Originally Posted By Handydave:

A interlock does not protect from parts failure it's just much better than nothing.
If it fails and it's closed and a generator is running its back feeding the grid.

A true safety switch has a set of knives that when closed are either under generator power or line.
If it fails it's either going to fail closed to the generator & cannot return to line power or it fails on line power and never goes to generator.
View Quote
Safety switches can fail too... Lots of ways...

Unrelated but I'm sure you'll all enjoy the story...

Back about 1924 or so my Father was helping a traveling Exhibitioner at his high school who was demonstrating the then new-fangled 'High' Frequency Tesla Coil to the Assembly.

The tesla coil wasn't one of those whimpy ones with a belt and a dome, it was a horse with a motorized spark gap, 2 transformers, stood 9 feet tall and when running, it energized all the LED lighting on the stage!!!

According to my Father, it could throw bolts of lightening nearly 8 feet long to a domed probe held near it.

One of the first demonstrations was to put a pretty girl student on telephone insulators to make her hair stand out straight-- very vibrant!

It did--- And her skirt flew up revealing her stockings and garters!!!! No word on her knickers... Not all could afford them back then...

By the time the machine was shut down everyone was clapping and had a good look!

A few demos into the exhibition, the machine quit working and the exhibitor threw the knife switch that connected it to the 240vac mains to the up [off] position...

My Father said when the man was working on the machine, apparently the rivets and the friction holding the knife switch up -had failed and the switch fell to the ON position.

A fat bolt of electricity instantly hit the man on the head and knocked him clean out!

My Father was able to reset the switch and turn the machine off.

He was out for a couple of minutes and then recovered and went on with the show!

True story!

Link Posted: 10/27/2017 9:23:44 PM EDT
[#43]

Old guy prolly WANTED to burn the house down to collect the insurance and move to that old folks home in FL noted for promiscuity...

So he laid out some wire and a genny, fooled the Fire Marshal who know as much about electricity as most 5 YO's and electricitans...

Fooled the insurance co...

Fooled certain Arfcomers [that's no big deal at all]

Sat on the only part of his house that hadn't burned -the front porch -he'd especially planned to save, so they could elicit sympathy...

When the heat [no pun intended] blew off, moved to FL and he and his wife had the wife swapping time of their lives  -on the insurance co's $$.

Pretty smart old-timer ---prolly was a Rocket Sturgeon Scientist at some electrical contractor.

LOL!
View Quote
Actually lived in a shitty apartment until house was rebuilt, died a couple years later
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 9:32:36 PM EDT
[#44]

You summed it up nicely. Those that have the mental capacity to use the proper wire and protection (and to disconnect the mains) aren't going to burn down their house or kill a lineman.

Unfortunately, stupidity is second only to hydrogen as the most plentiful element in the universe.
View Quote
You are correct, but when disasters strike I work long ass hours and my grandbaby stays at my house where there is power.......most important thing in my world hense the idiot proof transfer switch. Didn't post on this thread to get into a "who's electrical knowledge dick is bigger" contest. Do things the way you want, watching what happened to those folks changed my outlook.....Oh and for the recored , ive hard wired more than my share of 30 kw's to restore cell service in a lot of storms over the last 20 years and never caught any of them on fire.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 10:53:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Folks frequently mention pulling their meter...

Whoz going to volunteer and see what the Power Co has to say abt it as they ream the Puller's ass???
View Quote
Oncor has a form you're supposed to have filled out by a licensed electrician of course.  Supposedly with the smart meters if you pull them without notifying them they can disable them remotely.  Entergy in LA claimed to be able to do this when the meter on my father's house was stolen.    

form:http://www.oncor.com/EN/Documents/I%20Need%20To/Important%20Notice%20Regarding%20Work%20on%20Oncor%20Meters.pdf

Requiring an electrician to pull a meter is bullshit but it is what it is.  A lot of the newer homes I've seen built have disconnects after the meter, wish I had one.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote
1 is 120 the other 240, yah thinking of the larger champions....costco runs a sale every now and then
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By kb6emh:
My Predator 2000 was ordered on 9/20/17 and arrived 10/26/17 due to backorder.
Filled with oil and premium non ethanol gas with stabilizer. Started on 2nd pull.
Working on break in now after checking for 110 and 12 volt output. Updates to follow.
Very quiet compared to an open frame generator.
View Quote
I ordered mine 9/17 and it was on my doorstep when I got home from work yesterday. Heading out soon to get some non-ethanol myself (how'd all my cans get emtpy?). Looking forward to playing with it this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 11:43:11 AM EDT
[#48]
On backorder, but at least it's done.
View All Quotes

So, 3500w justified or a nice to have?
Fo'ed. $7 for shipping, no shit.
On backorder, but at least it's done.
The HF 3500w inverter gennys are on backorder until January per HF customer support phone line.  Fuck.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 11:49:47 AM EDT
[#49]
I ordered the HF one and when it didnt come right away I looked and never saw a confirmation email nor it didnt show on my account on their site......so I ordered the Ebay one since it was cheaper.......then earlier this week the HF one gets delivered........anyone in Southern Ca wanna buy it or I will try and get a refund.....unopened in box still.  $444.98

Still havent had a chance to fire up the Ebay one.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 12:17:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Sheldon:
I ordered the HF one and when it didnt come right away I looked and never saw a confirmation email nor it didnt show on my account on their site......so I ordered the Ebay one since it was cheaper.......then earlier this week the HF one gets delivered........anyone in Southern Ca wanna buy it or I will try and get a refund.....unopened in box still.  $444.98

Still havent had a chance to fire up the Ebay one.
View Quote
yeah, their online order/notification system is not the greatest. When I ordered they showed them in stock. Then a few days later they updated my order to "Backordered"... then a few days later I guess they shipped it. No notification,  No tracking, Nothing.. then a week or so later it was delivered.  I almost ordered a second one from NewEgg (Called "QUIP").
Page / 107
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top