Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:14:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Example?
View Quote

I’ll try.

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

For example some African Americans can’t grow straight hair and need to do a LOT of hair maintenance to get any where. This is what the purpose of a ‘do-rag’ is actually as a form of hair maintenance.

Hair styles are necessarily different. corn rows, Afros, and wigs are sometimes literally the ONLY options some have other than being bald. That includes women.

A School district somewhat ignorant of this can really fuck with black kids.

If I was a principle 5 years ago I would have assumed it was BS the same as most on this board.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:14:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Glad to see Congress got the budget balanced.
View Quote

They're working on SERIOUS issues here, man! SERIOUS issues!
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:15:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I really hope most of you are just overreacting to this due to the democrats constant labeling of everything racist.    This is one of the few cases where black people face real racial discrimination at schools and at work.  This is worth fixing.  The vibe in this thread is gross. It's embarrassing to have to vote to protect my gun rights and economic freedom alongside some people
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm just really thankful our government is doing something useful and meaningful.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:17:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Does this cover natural FACIAL hair?  Because I certainly have some ideas about how to win some discrimination lawsuits with facial hair. I can grow really, really creepy facial hair if I want.

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
While this is hardly a priority right now I do agree with it.  Many schools have had dress code policy that is discriminatory against black people because they have different hair and different hairstyles are easier for the to manage and maintain.

Imagine a kid being told you can't wear rows or something and having to have a hairstyle you don't like.   How would white kids feel if they were told theyust have bowl cuts or something?  Shits fucked up.

Still not a priority but I do agree with it
View Quote

Not every problem is something the federal government should fix.  Out of control government is a far bigger problem than dress codes that upset some people, however legitimate their gripes may be.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:19:03 PM EDT
[#7]
So does this mean you can't have a hairstyle not associated with your race or national origin, otherwise you may be guilty of cultural appropriation?

....and who owns bald?.....
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:20:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I really hope most of you are just overreacting to this due to the democrats constant labeling of everything racist.    This is one of the few cases where black people face real racial discrimination at schools and at work.  This is worth fixing.  The vibe in this thread is gross. It's embarrassing to have to vote to protect my gun rights and economic freedom alongside some people
View Quote

QFT

Most on this board literally have never thought of it that’s all.

It’s not CRT taking over the country. It’s hey a huge part of the population can only do certain styles of hair and hair maintenance unlike Europeans who often have really really strong hair. Don’t ban certain styles that would eliminate a HUGE portion of blacks ability to take care of their hair.

I only learned like 5 years ago that WIGS are very very common with women. It blew my mind that so many are literally fucking bald.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So when an individual walks into corner barber shop with a 70 year old man that has never done cornrows and demands them, what happens?

You're a racist because you won't do it.

You're a racist because you fucked up my head.

IDK where this is supposed to take us as a nation or society.
View Quote

Their primary goal here is to ensure that blacks continue to vote 97% or more for the Democrats. Same thing with the anti-lynching law, and making Juneteenth a national holiday. Nothing would terrify the Dems more if blacks began voting GOP again like their great-grandparents did at the turn of the last century.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Congress is no more than a super-sized California legislature.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:25:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:26:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
the boomer I work with was outraged over this...I'm sitting here like who gives a fuck?
View Quote

That is because Millennials and younger are so fully indoctrinated that you don't even realize it.

I could explain it but you won't understand.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:27:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

QFT

Most on this board literally have never thought of it that’s all.

It’s not CRT taking over the country. It’s hey a huge part of the population can only do certain styles of hair and hair maintenance unlike Europeans who often have really really strong hair. Don’t ban certain styles that would eliminate a HUGE portion of blacks ability to take care of their hair.

I only learned like 5 years ago that WIGS are very very common with women. It blew my mind that so many are literally fucking bald.
View Quote

If an employer was going to discriminate against hiring someone 'because of their hair', chances are that employer will still discriminate against hiring people regardless of the law, and the person being discriminated against will have a very hard time proving it in civil court, to say nothing of the many states where employment is entirely 'at-will' and there's almost no recourse for being let go

As is so often the case, this is nothing but pandering politicians wasting taxpayer dollars on useless 'laws' hoping to get reelected during the next election cycle.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:27:40 PM EDT
[#14]
This is laughable on so many levels. Everybody can have neatly trimmed hair. I grew up in a city that is ballpark 90% black and I have never met someone that had to have cornrows or dreads. Asking someone to chemically straighten their hair is a dick move, but at some point we either have private businesses or we don't.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:28:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:29:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I wonder how this important bill will fare in the Senate?  
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I hope the windows at the Babylon Bee's offices don't open or the will be mass suicide there.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So can I still resell the weaves I find at Chuck E cheese or not?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:35:15 PM EDT
[#19]
I was certain this was a Babylon Bee article.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#20]
@RouxGaRoux

Looks like dem baws from da berry are gonna be able to get them good jobs now
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#21]
So if you punch a guy with a certain type of hairstyle will you now be charged with a hate crime?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:38:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
1) Grow an outrageous Mohawk.

2) Dye your Mohawk hot pink.

3) Apply for job you come nowhere close to qualifying for: brain surgeon, rocket scientist, etc.

4) Fail to get the job.

5) Sue for discrimination against your hair.

6) Profit
View Quote

If I could grow hair on the top of my head, I would seriously run a Mohawk.  Nothing crazy, just a short conservative one.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:39:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm still going to laugh at that aids drug guy's blond braids that are 8 feet long and wrapped around his head like Twilek lekku
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Idon'tgiveashit.gif
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:41:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Glad to see Congress got the budget balanced.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:42:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

QFT

Most on this board literally have never thought of it that's all.

It's not CRT taking over the country. It's hey a huge part of the population can only do certain styles of hair and hair maintenance unlike Europeans who often have really really strong hair. Don't ban certain styles that would eliminate a HUGE portion of blacks ability to take care of their hair.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

QFT

Most on this board literally have never thought of it that's all.

It's not CRT taking over the country. It's hey a huge part of the population can only do certain styles of hair and hair maintenance unlike Europeans who often have really really strong hair. Don't ban certain styles that would eliminate a HUGE portion of blacks ability to take care of their hair.

And WTF is wrong with being literally fucking bald?

I actually have never thought about this. I've never judged anyone based on their hair, I'm bald, I'm just jealous when someone has hair. I'm actually shocked that people have discriminated against others because of their hair, it just seems silly or severely assholeish. Chalk this one up to never realizing that people were that big of douchebags to other people.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:44:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#28]
One of the aspects of Idiocracy was everybody had bad hair.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:46:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So when an individual walks into corner barber shop with a 70 year old man that has never done cornrows and demands them, what happens?

You're a racist because you won't do it.

You're a racist because you fucked up my head.

IDK where this is supposed to take us as a nation or society.
View Quote

Bake that cake

Row that corn

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:48:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Bake that cake

Row that corn

View Quote

I for one can't wait to show up at work with a 4' long rat tail mullet.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:56:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I seriously doubt there's anyone here that has shared a bed with a black woman.

The bullshit they deal with is definitely worth addressing.

The very nature of their hair means that typically white styles aren't feasible without literally burning their scalp with chemicals, or spending ridiculous money to have poor Indian people's hair woven onto their heads.

My ex got her masters, started a job, and was dragged into her boss' office to talk about her hair. Nothing crazy like a fro, and was professional looking twists with a similar profile to an up-do of straight hair, but her boss tried to demand that she straightened her hair to make it less "ethnic". HR put her in her fucking place real quick.

If you haven't at the very least seen Chris Rock's documentary 'Good Hair', your opinion here is invalid.
View Quote

I'm not saying that your particular example isn't a valid grievance for discrimination, but there are tons of hairstyles that would be considered unprofessional in a business environment where you have to meet with other business people. Said unprofessional hairstyles are not imited to certain races.

Like it or not, appearances matter. I would not expect to be taken seriously if I rocked a skullet, long spikes, had designs shaved into my head, a giant mohawk, etc etc. We have a temp at work right now that is wearing basketball shorts and his giant gut is hanging out from under his T-Shirt. He's not black and he's not my subordinate, but I care how he looks because he will need to deal with a client or company partnering with us at times and nearly needed to today. He does look like a giant disgusting slob however, and that's not ok.  

You don't get to just claim racism every time an employer takes exception to your appearance just because said appearance related attribute is more commonly associated with your race. An employer should be able to choose the image they want to portray to the world. Let their clients decide if they don't like that that people look too boring and if the employees want lax grooming and appearance standards, they can go elsewhere.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:56:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Unbeweavable...
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:58:41 PM EDT
[#33]
They don't give a single wet fart about people's hair FFS, follow the pork.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:02:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is true.  The Republican Senate response should be to remove all the pork.  Leave only the discrimination part.  Pass it and send back to the house.  If any democrat votes against it say "we passed the anti discrimination act for you but the democrats won't sign on unless they can throw unrelated bullshit in the bill.  It appears they don't give a shit about discrimination of black people they just want to use you to line their pockets "

Instead we get replies like this thread from Republicans most likely.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:06:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Would a very narrow and short mustache that was popular in the 1940s be protected?

Asking for a German friend.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:08:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Does this mean I can grow my hair down to my ass like I did in my Heavy Metal days in the 80s? Probably not because I’m White but thought I’d ask.
And before someone calls me a hippy I’m not. Lots of folks with long hair are not hippies, hippies are godless commies.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:11:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Im bald. Im applying at hooters. Better not discriminate against  me
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Good news for Yellowbeard.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:15:30 PM EDT
[#40]
It’s good to know  that with fuel and energy costs skyrocketing, inflation out of control, and the possibility of WW3 looming, the pieces of shit in Congress are working on important things like this.

And as regards the hairstyles in question, the CoC prevents me from expressing my real feelings.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:18:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
This is true.  The Republican Senate response should be to remove all the pork.  Leave only the discrimination part.  Pass it and send back to the house.  If any democrat votes against it say "we passed the anti discrimination act for you but the democrats won't sign on unless they can throw unrelated bullshit in the bill.  It appears they don't give a shit about discrimination of black people they just want to use you to line their pockets "

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we regained all of the protections on our liberties tomorrow, people who reason as you do would have us back in the shit within two generations.

This is not the federal government's business. The act is asinine and fleeces the American people of money, liberty, and basic common sense.

Those who support nonsense like this aren't allies but part of the rot that brought us here.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Introducing:

The Chairman of the Board

The Chief Executive Officer

The Chief Financial Officer

The Chief Operating Officer

The Chief Marketing Officer

The Corporate Secretary

The Chief Information Officer
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Can I call her zipperhead?  Will that get me arrested?

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#44]
The government getting involved only guarantees ridiculous hair outcomes.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:24:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Awesome, time to start growing out my dreadlocks again.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#46]
It's right there in the US Constitution.

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Hair over the ear!

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:27:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:27:54 PM EDT
[#49]
We should have Grooming Standards hair police the way muslim countries have Sharia Law police...with battery powered shears...
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
1) Grow an outrageous Mohawk.

2) Dye your Mohawk hot pink.

3) Apply for job you come nowhere close to qualifying for: brain surgeon, rocket scientist, etc.

4) Fail to get the job.

5) Sue for discrimination against your hair.

6) Profit
View Quote
I skipped step 2, but got my current job with a mohawk. Had it for 6 of the 8 years I've been here.

Never cut the length, went full lazy hawk, got promoted to a position I technically didn't qualify for after 1 year.

Finally cut it after it reached nipple height
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top