BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 2:46:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
17.25% raise....

I will stop eating fast food for lunch and brown bag it...
View Quote

Nice.  Mine was 10% but it's 100% WFH so no commuting costs and I'm not eating out nearly as much for lunches and dinners, because I have more time to cook.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 2:49:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Accelerating purchases of things I was planning on buying later.
View Quote
this

being smarter about driving by combining stops into one trip etc

dialed back on cigars and whiskey
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 2:51:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Lending stablecoin to generate interest.

Using those funds to buy an ounce of silver each day.
View Quote

IM sent @hkpdw
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 2:52:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Poorly?

I'm retired on a fixed income.

I have achieved my lifelong goal of being unemployed finally.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 2:54:11 PM EDT
[#6]
The lucky few that don't eat or use fuel to heat their homes.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 3:02:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've been buying extra at Costco every trip. Some things are more every time I'm there, so I might as well buy it now.
View Quote

Good suggestion.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 3:05:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Poorly?

I'm retired on a fixed income.

I have achieved my lifelong goal of being unemployed finally.
View Quote

Awesome isn't it?  I've written three books (third being printed this week) and am learning woodworking.  After watching U-toob, I made panel doors for a plywood cabinet and a cabinet/bookcase (oak).  I learned how to do a stop dado cut on a tablesaw and best of all, I still have all ten fingers

The former dean at school said, "You suck at retirement."  He's right.  So much fun things to do and the time to do it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 3:07:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Both retired. Own one truck that is paid off. Don’t drive much. A tank of gas lasts two weeks. Freezer full of deer meat. We mostly cook at home.  We eat out once a week if that.
We quit drinking so saving a lot of money on alcohol. I can play golf during the week for $16 for 18 holes walking. It’s a municipal course and they don’t plan to raise the fees.
Gym membership has not gone up and we have not heard anything about that changing.
So nothing substantial has changed.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 3:10:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Cut way back on eating out, and eating less overall.  No more beer, and much less "premium" stuff.

Ended my membership in the Gun a Month Club.  Haven't bought a single round of (absurdly priced) ammunition in years.

Working all the overtime that I can bear.

This has been sufficient to actually generate quite a bit of surplus funds.  Using those to keep debt (minus the mortgage) at zero.

Link Posted: 2/18/2022 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Fattening up the neighbors and their pets.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 3:49:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I’ve switched to meat substitutes and near milk…plant and fungus based substitutes for a more sustainable lifestyle.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 3:54:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Self employed electrician.  I have raised my rate from 110 to 120 and now 130/hr.
View Quote

What are you billing your employees out at?

I usually estimate them at double their base wage, but I might have to bump it soon.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 3:56:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Nothing at this point
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 3:56:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Cut way back on eating out, and eating less overall.  No more beer, and much less "premium" stuff.

Ended my membership in the Gun a Month Club.  Haven't bought a single round of (absurdly priced) ammunition in years.

Working all the overtime that I can bear.

This has been sufficient to actually generate quite a bit of surplus funds.  Using those to keep debt (minus the mortgage) at zero.

View Quote

I usually buy lunch a couple times a week, I've stopped entirely.

It's to the point now that it's $15 just to grab a sub and a drink.

I've always known it was a bit of a waste, but I could handle 6-7 bucks a few days a week. Can't justify it now.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 3:58:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Scored a beef half yesterday...
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 4:06:14 PM EDT
[#17]
It used to be if I wanted something I just bought it. Not anymore, now I think about how I spend every cent. I used to hit McD for an occasional breakfast sandwich & coffee but stopped doing that.
I consolidate trips to town more. I live about 20 miles from town and I try hard to not to go unless I have at least three places to stop at.
Groceries are noticeably higher so I make a list and try not to buy those impulse items. Sam’s club is where I get all of my meat. Even there, beef prices are crazy high. They still have a good price on lean ground beef, $4.12/lb for 88% lean. Except for that beef is a no go. Boneless pork loin wasn’t bad at < $3.00/lb.
I’ve been shopping at Aldi’s and Sav-A-Lot more too.
I quit buying beer and liquor too.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#18]
ive raised my prices at work.  other than that, not much in my life changes
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 4:19:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Not doing anything different. Wife and I saved enough money that it won't affect us in our lifetimes.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 4:23:10 PM EDT
[#20]
I've been charging $15 for a handy at the truck stop instead of the usual $10.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 4:32:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Living well below your means has the added advantage of not feeling the immediate impacts of inflation.

Sire, I still complain about rising prices, but any cutbacks in our family's lifestyle is more out of disgust at prices than necessity.  Thankfully.
View Quote

Thankfully we are in the same position.  Just paid off the wifes car, no significant debt at all.  We've also lived beneath our means for many years, so we're good so far.

That being said, we are not planning on pissing away money when we can help it.  Maybe one eatout a month, been selling off some stuff I haven't used in years, saving a little on groceries by changing what we buy/more generic/store brand, etc.  

For sure the wife isn't going to be getting anywhere near a 10% raise to keep up with inflation; her entire industry (retail pharmacy) wages have been stagnant for years, and I don't see that improving anytime soon.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 4:32:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Not doing anything different. Wife and I saved enough money that it won't affect us in our lifetimes.
View Quote

Hopefully you're right.

I think the people that will be hit hardest by this, are recent retirees on a fixed income. No one could have predicted this rate of inflation, a few years ago.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Maybe one eatout a month, been selling off some stuff I haven't used in years, saving a little on groceries by changing what we buy/more generic/store brand, etc.  

View Quote

I've learned that if I do more than one eatout a month, I get wayy more blowies.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 4:40:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I’ve switched to meat substitutes and near milk…plant and fungus based substitutes for a more sustainable lifestyle.
View Quote

+5 to Social Credit Score.  Want to level up?  Make a video explaining how your choice is the correct one for +10 points!
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 4:43:53 PM EDT
[#25]
We cut back on everything, I picked a hell of a time to retire.
I will see how it goes and decide if I might want to pick up some work at some point.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 4:50:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Haven’t turned down a minute of overtime this year.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 4:51:46 PM EDT
[#27]
I grumble and complain a lot at the grocery store. Other than that, not much.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 4:52:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yours?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Selling starfish on the street

Yours?
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#29]
I've been putting pics of my butthole in the web for the last few years.....I believe its gonna start paying off pretty soon.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 4:57:25 PM EDT
[#30]
The budget is the budget. I've never been a big spender. Pay the bills, use what's left over for groceries. I imagine that if this keeps up it will be difficult down the road
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 4:59:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
We cut back on everything, I picked a hell of a time to retire.
I will see how it goes and decide if I might want to pick up some work at some point.
View Quote

And hopefully there is work to be picked up.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 5:03:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I picked a hell of a time to retire.
View Quote

Exactly why I retired a decade ago instead of maxing out.  I would have collected much had I followed the latter and would not have been enjoying life.  Time is the one thing money will not buy so I settled for less of it for more time.

In the meantime, I've become blue collar and can operate a lathe, milling machine and the dreaded surface grinder (wore myself out using one for four hours) and other machinery.  Additionally, I'm better prepared for the death of the dollar than I was a decade ago
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#33]
When Trump was president I was able to makes end meet by robbing one or two people a day but with Bidenflation I have to rob three to four a day.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 5:12:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Started buying more tools. If I needed a wrench for instance I would only buy the exact wrench I needed. Not the set of wrenches. Well now I have a full set of sae and metric.

Stopped paying extra on the mortgage

Word on the street is no inflation adjusted raises this year so I'm looking for a new job.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 5:13:07 PM EDT
[#35]
I’m not doing anything. It is causing anxiety for me about my savings and stocks.
In all seriousness, fuck Joe Biden.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
When Trump was president I was able to makes end meet by robbing one or two people a day but with Bidenflation I have to rob three to four a day.
View Quote

God forbid if you have to shoot a gun and then try to replace the boolit.  Unobtaninium today.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Living well below your means has the added advantage of not feeling the immediate impacts of inflation.

Sire, I still complain about rising prices, but any cutbacks in our family's lifestyle is more out of disgust at prices than necessity.  Thankfully.
View Quote

Good point.

The live on the edge peeps are feeling he hurt unless they have upped their income significantly.

The government numbers are horsepoo too… Groceries are up about 25% even if you remove the crazy stuff like beef steaks from the equation.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 5:36:07 PM EDT
[#38]
I was going to retire this year. I'll do another 2-3 years work and decide again then.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 5:37:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I was going to retire this year. I'll do another 2-3 years work and decide again then.
View Quote

Just be thankful that you didn't retire last year. Many people did.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#40]
I don't buy steak or bacon any more. Look for more sales on items I need.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 5:46:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Regret with every purchase.

I’m not a GD millionaire
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
We don't buy anything other than necessities or go anywhere.
View Quote

This. Bare bones, keep what we can of what we have.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#43]
I bought a wheelbarrow with which to buy bread.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 6:00:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Bought a bunch of lumber a few months ago when prices came down. So I am ready for when I retire this coming summer and have time to work on some projects here at the ranch.

But then again I won't ever retire from ranching and other stuff. Just from my day job.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 6:04:55 PM EDT
[#45]
We never "Ate out" much to begin with.  The coof shutdowns ment we ate at home more.

We now make more amounts of food to provide us with leftovers and ingredients to make something different. (a roast chicken becomes chicken soup the next day sort of thing)
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Attachment Attached File

Got a small raise last year which my boss stated "was the largest on the team because you did the best" and it was 4.2%. However, I did get about $15k in restricted stock as a bonus on top of my salary and commission. I had the best year I've ever had in sales last year and my bonus/commission basically doubled my salary so we aren't feeling much hurt.

I do have a new truck on order but get a decent stipend and mileage through work. Trying to keep the wife from spending too much on amazon and threatened to turn prime off. I've noticed our $200 weekly Costco bill is now over $300 and that is unsettling.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Buying a shit ton of ammo, buying more NODs. Will pay later with less valuable dollars (maybe).....this shit ain't getting cheaper

ETA:. I stopped giving a fuck about fiscal responsibility.... It's all going to shit anyway
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 7:22:08 PM EDT
[#48]
most of my money is in real estate now
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 7:25:28 PM EDT
[#49]
NFTs
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 7:39:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Hopefully you're right.

I think the people that will be hit hardest by this, are recent retirees on a fixed income. No one could have predicted this rate of inflation, a few years ago.
View Quote
That would be me.  I retired at the wrong time.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top