Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 10:17:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Tonight on Coast to Coast AM George Noory interviews engineer Marshall Barnes about thwarting alien invasions, among other topics.

My first reaction is build the damn wall, but we'll see how it goes tonight on C2C.
View Quote

Build a wall, mine field the border and see screen name ....oh you mean space Invaders nvmd
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 10:24:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Out of the Dark by David Weber is a pretty good example of how it would go.  Just quit reading once the vampires show up.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:06:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Out of the Dark by David Weber is a pretty good example of how it would go.  Just quit reading once the Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Hey I like that one! And haven't you ever heard of the spoiler tag?
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:18:25 PM EDT
[#4]
We couldn't. The technology and energy required, however they would do it, for interstellar travel would allow them to divert asteroids from the orbit between Mars and Jupiter, to impact Earth.

Think of it as fighting someone stuck at the bottom of a 20' deep well. It's just big enough for them to stand in. You are at the top, outside the well, and you have an unlimited supply of rocks to drop on them from above. It doesn't matter if they have a  Browning. 50, they are fucked.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:20:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A network of 38 globally positioned ion cannons.
View Quote

Indeed.

I have my PS90,  ready to fuck up some jaffa.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:22:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There's no practical reason for aliens to invade us.  Everything they need is available without conflict out in space.
View Quote

Agreed. Unless what they want is a habitable planet, in which case it's going to be a virus.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:23:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Overthrow (unelect) the government that caused it?
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:25:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Hey I like that one! And haven't you ever heard of the spoiler tag?
View Quote

If you haven't read it in the last 13 years, then you probably won't.  

Damn near launched the book into the trash when they did show up though.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Space aliens, inter-dimensional aliens, or illegal aliens?
View Quote

OP should have made that clearer.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:47:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hank Sr records?
View Quote

Slim Whitman for the WIN...

Indian love call Slim Whitman Mars Attacks

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#11]
NO.  Simple thought experiment.  Lets say a military with tech like ours currently has lands in medieval Europe.  WTF would they be able to do about it?  Not a damn thing.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#12]
We could stop paying them when they get here?
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:56:56 PM EDT
[#13]
It would never happen.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 7:42:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Just give them FHRC
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
We couldn't. The technology and energy required, however they would do it, for interstellar travel would allow them to divert asteroids from the orbit between Mars and Jupiter, to impact Earth.

Think of it as fighting someone stuck at the bottom of a 20' deep well. It's just big enough for them to stand in. You are at the top, outside the well, and you have an unlimited supply of rocks to drop on them from above. It doesn't matter if they have a  Browning. 50, they are fucked.
View Quote

Tractor beams baby!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Nukes
Do you even Star Wars?

If they are coming from light years away they are coming with planet killing lasers or some other advanced weaponry
View Quote

Why ‘Nuke’ was in single quotes. Mass Drivers, Quantum Torpedoes, Phazers/Disrupters or planet destroying in one shot weapon.

As if it’ll matter.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 8:24:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Put a banana in their tailpipe.
View Quote

The ALIENS aren't gonna fall... for a BANANA... in their tailpipe..

this sounds interesting, but I'm at work and not really sure if I could stay awake through snoory..

unfortunately, my favorite documentary on this subject matter is Falling Skies... at least the first 2 seasons...

Now I have to find out where I can listen online for free...
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Why would they bother to nuke us from space?  It's not like we can reach them and if they nuked the planet, there'd be nothing to gain from coming here at all.
View Quote

Again ‘nuke’ could be any weapon of mass destruction. Rods from Gods or Mass Drivers. Doubt we’d have anything worth anything to them except food.

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 8:28:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
NO.  Simple thought experiment.  Lets say a military with tech like ours currently has lands in medieval Europe.  WTF would they be able to do about it?  Not a damn thing.
View Quote

What? Isn't the de facto answer in that scenario that the B A S E D pureblooded medieval knights charged with the blessings of their God with no rules of engagement would run roughshod over the pathethic transgender freaks that now make up 92% of any modern western military.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 8:28:48 PM EDT
[#20]
We are humans

Rape and pillage +all the other fucked up shit
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 8:30:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I saw a documentary about it... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBuk1HXcz1k
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 8:35:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 8:39:28 PM EDT
[#23]
I have it on good authority that 9mm will blow their lungs right out of their alien bodies.

As long as they have lungs I'm all set.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 9:31:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hank Sr records?
View Quote

that made me spit beer on comp screen, that was classic
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 9:32:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Pretty much this.

1. "They aren't out there" to begin with. The Universe is far too large for us to be 100% technically alone, but Humans are very early to the game and anything remotely like us is exceedingly rare. We are functionally alone.

Anybody or anything remotely like us, sentient/sapient with technology, whether they're a million years behind, and just knapping flints, or a million years ahead, and playing billiards with black holes, they're probably a dozen + galaxies away or further. The light from the Milky Way they'd see "now" and us seeing vice-versa, left when trilobites were a thing.

Give it 500,000,000 years, to a billion for a 50/50 shot for anybody to meet up. We'll either be extinct, or we'll be the "ancient space-ghost aliens not to be fucked with."

2. We have nothing they want. There's nothing on the Periodic Table we have they don't. Water? There's more than Earth's oceans on one gas giant ice moon in our Solar System alone. And there's fuck-all we could do about it if they took it, or hoovered up Saturn's rings amd gave us the finger.

And of course, umpteen Trillion star systems with water ice, metals, and whatever you want with nobody home at all. That are also way way closer and far more convenient.

Biological? Unlikely. Go to the bottom of the ocean and fry up the weirdest-ass nasty sea-slug, blind fish, or hydrogen sulfide worm by a geothermal vent for dinner. Despite the obvious issue of being disgusting as fuck, it might even kill you. And this is your home planet.

Something from another star system? That's all 1000x worse.

Women? Oh, so now you're gonna fuck the sea-slug?

Slaves? As if the robots a species that crosses interstellar space aren't perfect already?

3. There's extermination, friends, or secretly study. Those are the only three possible motives. Extermination, easy, smack us with a fast rock.

(Avatar? Earth & the RDA are really that mean & greedy? Second ship to Pandora lets a connex box of garbage go at 60% light speed right before flip-over & deceleration.  

"What Na'Vi? 9ft tall creepy-sexy cat aliens with tree-internet? Hey... uh, SECURITY!  SECURITY!"

And the RDA mines all the schweet Unobtanium ore from that asteroid field oprbiting Polyphemus in the Alpha Centauri system.)

Friends, say "Hi" and compare notes on the Universe & physics. Secret study, a preliminary step for extermination or friends. Although again, we've got better PowerBall odds than any contact at all to make these scenarios  possible whatsoever.

Ok, that out of the way, how do you defend against aliens? The imaginary Hollywood stupid ones that cross interstellar space, get in low Earth orbit or hang out in cislunar space, and then use rayguns & bombs onesy twosey on us? Be that fighter planes, cities, or individual people running around?

Operation Plumbob manhole cover. Google that.

Except we optimize it, a bunch of tungsten balls, whatever size is best for velocity retention & atmospheric drag, vs. shotgun spread & hit probability.

Some sort of "wad cup" and the borehole/barrel is filled with lightweight polystyrene or something similar that will vaporize nicely, producing good high-expansion coefficient plasma for the shot.

20-50 kt nuke at the bottom, and... Bob's your uncle.

The tungsten shot, baseball size, bowling ball size, whatever works best, will be moving at well over 66 km/s, better than Earth escape velocity, better than Solar System escape velocity. I think... that might even be substantially higher than Milky Way Galaxy escape velocity...

I don't care if they've crossed interstellar space, relativistic or FTL, whatever it is, won't spool up and switch on at the "speed of plot."

Shields... shields like Star Wars & Star Trek, just not a thing. If the alien invasion fleet got here "the hard way" via relativistic travel, they'll have a relativistic dust shield, big-ass umbrella thing, because a grain of sand hits like a nuke at 80%+ of light speed. Or it might even just be fog or snow they spray gently ahead of the ship thousands of miles ahead of them.

But "Mr. Brunswick made of Wolfram" masses a fuckton more, and won't vaporize like the sand grain will.

A bowling ball chunk o' tungsten will mass about 105kg. Say it's moving at 100 km/s because it was intentional rather than an "oopsie" like Op. Plumbob...

That's 525000000000 Joules or 387,219,000,000 ft/lbs, since we're an American gun forum.
View Quote
Send me a bottle of whatever it is you're drinking, 'cause I want some!!!

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Battle: Los Angeles is an excellent documentary on the topic.  
View Quote

That movie is terrible. I love it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 9:53:54 PM EDT
[#27]
By yodeling.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 11:34:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
There's no practical reason for aliens to invade us.  Everything they need is available without conflict out in space.
View Quote

Maple syrup isn't out there. Check. Mate.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Tractor beams baby!!!
View Quote

I mean, if we really wanted to we could place rocket engines on asteroids to alter their orbits/trajectories.  Tractor beams not required.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you sure?  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 5:54:14 PM EDT
[#31]
I keep saying to deport over the fence via chipper shredder and televise it.  

But no one listens.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 6:17:30 PM EDT
[#32]
If something can travel across the galaxy they can kick our arse.  I'm not worried about it.

Werner von Braun said the last card to be played will be a false alien invasion.  The globalists want to push it so they may scare us into consenting of their Ein Welt, Ein Reich!
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 6:52:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Teleporting energy...pulling energy from nothing. For now they are messing with it using
nuclear magnetic resonance.

We are close to being able to de-spin atoms anywhere and take its energy away, at the
Quantum Level.

ALOT of scientific papers on it this year.

20 years we can kick anything's ass. Or we may not survive as a species as this knowledge becomes
known by bad people.

Knowing this knowledge...the WEF makes sense in keeping the planet alive. I'm drinking, don't shoot me
for supporting WEF crazy.

Post has a soundtrack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYNSSkOOTBk
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 7:08:32 PM EDT
[#34]
we deal with the foreign aliens like the Japanese did with the Americans, not how the Chinese dealt with the British.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 7:23:50 PM EDT
[#35]
When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's because aliens built mass drivers on the moon and are shelling the everloving shazbot out of us.
Heinlein did it first.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only if they think and/or reason in a basically human fashion.  

If their mind and thought process is fundamentally alien, they may have reasons or motivation that we cannot fathom.

Link Posted: 10/12/2023 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#37]
You can’t. They have the high ground. Literally all they have to do is drop rocks, and there’s billions of rocks just floating around up there.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 7:31:01 PM EDT
[#38]
You mean the ones that have been disabling US and Russian nukes for at least 57+ years now?
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 7:44:31 PM EDT
[#39]
"You mean the ones that have been disabling US and Russian nukes for at least 57+ years now? "

Read the Book of Enoch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et7ahzNqFlg
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 7:54:06 PM EDT
[#40]
There are no aliens dude. We're the first planet in the universe with life, this is it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Why do you think Atlanta has so many Peachtree streets?

Precise directions? Noooooooooope.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 8:05:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
There are no aliens dude. We're the first planet in the universe with life, this is it.
View Quote

I kinda subscribe to this. I certainly believe that we are it within the range of our current instruments detection radii. That said there is an aspect to this that I think should be considered. Explained in detail here.

Ancient Life as Old as the Universe

Funnily enough the recently returned Osirus Rex mission might just furnish proof for this theory. If it does, hoo nelly will people go bonkers!

Then get on with their lives.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 8:24:39 PM EDT
[#43]
These videos also feel relevant to the subject at hand.

Why Cosmic Horror isn't Scary

Link Posted: 10/12/2023 8:37:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Just have Pride events more often. There isn’t any alien that would want to hang around to see that.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 8:39:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Transgenderize them of course.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#46]
We could move the planet.  Like, it's there one day, and a few days later, like uh, it's no longer where they thought it was, but in t a different place.  That'd probably really fuck with their heads.  All of them.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 9:19:37 PM EDT
[#47]
I have a friend who is heavily involved in that field. He will not tell me shit. but here is what he would say. If they just want to destroy the Earth then we are FUCKED. If they want Earth to remain habitable then we have a fairly good chance but billions will die. He said if they were going to do that they should have done it 30 years ago. Apparently we have developed systems you could not imagine. I asked him if the technology cam from crashes. He just looks at me with that shit eaten partial grin. Take it for what it is worth but I have known him for 42 years.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top