BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:15:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Super lulz

So is the internet, cell phones, and microwave food…
View Quote

Quoted:

RDS on rifles were just toys as well. No military would ever use them.
View Quote

My comment was 100% sarcasm. I put an RMR on my carry gun 5-6 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:28:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Local PD has had some personnel changes and are now finally looking at change. They are going from G22 to G45 MOS. A Trijicon rep will be here soon so the can play around with everything and see if they want RMRs or SROs.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 9:29:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine doesn't issue them, but they are allowed by policy.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:02:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Special units of the Knox County Sheriff's Office have them, at 2:39: https://www.wbir.com/article/news/crime/knoxville-i-40-shootout-dash-and-body-camera-video-investigation/51-c03f6002-fec1-4080-ab66-9c52d5bfcde4

Same in Nashville, at 20 seconds: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/nashville-officer-fatally-shoots-man-armed-two-butcher-knives-police-n1265186
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:09:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Him and I both. Houston is culturally a completely corrupt dumpster fire and the colorado mountains are the most beautiful place on earth. But finding a good paying cop job up there that I could afford to live on, in a non super liberal place, worries me.
View Quote
born and raised in western CO.

it's a shithole.

i'd recommend UT, ID, WY, MT, or AK over CO in a heartbeat.

i've been everywhere working and MT and the PNW are the only places that have a hold on me.

lots of cop jobs in MT as well.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:58:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I believe LAPD is starting with their academy classes.   I know a few, very few, locals have done it.  Not sure how fast it will catch on.  Most cops aren’t gun people.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 11:01:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I believe LAPD is starting with their academy classes.   I know a few, very few, locals have done it.  Not sure how fast it will catch on.  Most cops aren't gun people.
View Quote
i want a couple of those never fired and dropped only once LAPD FN pistols when they get surplused.

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 11:15:50 AM EDT
[#8]
My department is switching to the P320 RXP with Romeo 1Pro for every officer.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 12:13:41 PM EDT
[#9]
The Illinois State Police is going to start issuing Glock 17 MOS next year, I believe. RDS are authorized and can be purchased individually.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 8:43:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thunder Mountain...?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most don't due the emitters aren't covered. They would be no good getting wet in the rain or snow.

Our first transition class was in a snowstorm. They performed great. In fact we packed them with snow, we purposefully allow them to get wet and due to our policy of training regardless of conditions, we've definitely ram them through the ringer

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/293626/IMG_2671_jpg-2326114.JPG

Thunder Mountain...?

Nope
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 7:14:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Our department is currently in the process of switching over to Glock 17MOS Gen5 with Trijicon RMR and Surefire x300, or Glock 19MOS with RMR and Streamlight TLR7. I was issued mine this week.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 11:08:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Our department is currently in the process of switching over to Glock 17MOS Gen5 with Trijicon RMR and Surefire x300, or Glock 19MOS with RMR and Streamlight TLR7. I was issued mine this week.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1077/CB023881-3A01-4478-8E0E-37BEC730FE4A_jpe-2335929.JPG
View Quote

Can you say how long the transition class is and how many rounds are required (assuming you weren't already certified).
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 11:22:16 PM EDT
[#13]
When I retired last year my PD was transitioning from Glock 22s to Glock 9mm (can't remember which model) with RMRs.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:39:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Can you say how long the transition class is and how many rounds are required (assuming you weren't already certified).
View Quote

Basically about a day and 1/2...not sure exact round count but I would guess 5-600.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ours is 2 day. about 4-500 rounds.

Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I don’t have any numbers, but my anecdotal experience and personal observation says that the trend is growing fast.  Significantly faster than I thought it would.

Took an instructor course with 9 cops a couple months back.  6 of the 9 agencies either issued or allowed the use of dots on the sidearm.  It’s catching on faster than WMLs did.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:56:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ours is one 13 hour day, 400 rds
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:57:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Maybe it's already been mentioned but PBSO is switching from G22s to G17s with RMRs.

Pretty big deal. They stuck with the G22 for a long long long time.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 8:00:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Most don't due the emitters aren't covered. They would be no good getting wet in the rain or snow.
View Quote

Have you ever taken a RDS course? Not as big a problem as you would think.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 8:02:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Ours is one 13 hour day, 400 rds
View Quote

That’s a long day
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Maybe it's already been mentioned but PBSO is switching from G22s to G17s with RMRs.

Pretty big deal. They stuck with the G22 for a long long long time.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/7/2022 8:14:16 PM EDT
[#22]
I see some saying that no problems during a transition course but that might be only a 2-3 day class.  I’ve been a firearms instructor over 20 years and have helped other agencies qualify.  I have seen neglected guns. Rust, dirt, ketchup, lint , hair, dry soda pop, rice, crumbs, leaves, dried grass and other foreign objects on pistols and in holsters. These are the “show up to collect a paycheck” kind of guys. I foresee these kinds of guys having those RMRs covered in the all that crap between qualifying cycles.   Not all officers care about their equipment. Those are the type better off with plain sights.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 8:15:34 PM EDT
[#23]
My department will get them next year when we get new pistols.  We are testing Glocks, Sigs and Smiths.  They will have the Acro2 on them.  
We have about 40 patrol officers.  There are a couple of neighboring suburban departments that allow them but I think we will be the first to issue them.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 8:24:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I see some saying that no problems during a transition course but that might be only a 2-3 day class.  I’ve been a firearms instructor over 20 years and have helped other agencies qualify.  I have seen neglected guns. Rust, dirt, ketchup, lint , hair, dry soda pop, rice, crumbs, leaves, dried grass and other foreign objects on pistols and in holsters. These are the “show up to collect a paycheck” kind of guys. I foresee these kinds of guys having those RMRs covered in the all that crap between qualifying cycles.   Not all officers care about their equipment. Those are the type better off with plain sights.
View Quote

That is def a concern

It can also be the excuse to stay stuck in the past
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 8:33:07 PM EDT
[#25]
I work for a large department. Supposed to have around 2900 officers, but only have around  2400 and more leaving every day.
We are all issued Sig P229r .40 cal. Only Patrolmen get AR's, and we have a small list of approved secondary weapons we can buy for ourselves. RDS equipped pistols are not in our future.

I wish though.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 5:35:13 AM EDT
[#26]
I checked out a ACRO the other day, not as large as it appears.  

Link Posted: 5/4/2022 6:01:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Went to them a couple years ago.  Medium-ish sized agency I suppose, maybe 250 to 300 actual cops, the rest are custody employees who carry but didn't get the optic.  The pistol mounted optics have been very well received and improved overall accuracy, at least in training.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 6:12:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He’s right.... red dots have only been on handguns for 30+ years... no way it’ll stick around.

Unties horse, pockets call box key, checks Colt SAA, yep 5 live rounds, hammer down on empty chamber, lets ride....
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 6:29:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Our city's cops all just got brand new Shadow System DR pistols with Holosun 507's and other variants. This was department wide.
View Quote

Neat
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 6:35:57 AM EDT
[#30]
That looks like is has the FCD plate attached,Did your department issue you it that way?
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 7:19:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
That looks like is has the FCD plate attached,Did your department issue you it that way?
View Quote

If you are talking about mine that is how it’s issued-. I don’t think it’s an FCD plate
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top