Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 10:38:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Find a taco truck.
View Quote

This.
Eat at Trejo’s Tacos. Though depending on where you’re staying, you may have to run down to Huntington Beach, which doesn’t suck.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 10:39:34 PM EDT
[#2]
How about you Wang Chung tonight?

Pay no mind to the title....

Wang Chung - To Live And Die In L.A.

(Great song...great movie)
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 10:40:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This.
Eat at Trejo’s Tacos. Though depending on where you’re staying, you may have to run down to Huntington Beach, which doesn’t suck.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Find a taco truck.

This.

Yeah, go eat some Mexican
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 10:42:58 PM EDT
[#5]
OP, I know fuel is a thing in Class 8 Riggs. But, can you possibly relocate to like Pomona or Fontana for the night?
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 10:43:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Find some female companionship.

————————>
           O
           /|\
           / \
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 10:44:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Find some female companionship.
View Quote

Ummm...bad idea. Talk to the hand.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 10:45:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I suppose I could go anywhere but it's really difficult to know where. I'm at the dealership-parked on their lot. It's a bitch getting around these very small side streets.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 10:50:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I mean...you are packing, right?

So no worries!

I was once forced to pull into a seedy rest stop on I-10 driving from Tampa to Ft Worth, in the middle of the night, I was exhausted and needed some Zs. I cracked the front windows so the car wouldn't fog up too bad.
Got the .45 out, and set it near my hands and crashed out.  Well I woke up with some fucker trying to push the window down to get in. Pulled the .45 and barked at him to back off or he would eat lead, and he did back off and beat feet. Got in the front seat and drove back on the interstate.

Nothing beats a big pistol in the middle of the night.

Link Posted: 1/22/2024 10:52:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Check out King Taco (710 fwy/3rd Street) or El Tepeyac on Evergreen.

The closest Hat for pastrami will be on Atlantic just to the north of the 60 fwy.

* The closest “safe” places will be in the residential areas probably to the NE of where you are.  It’s the Monterey Hills where Monterey Highlands, Brightwood and Repetto Elementary schools are.  I’d park near there.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 10:53:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Where?  I lived near Olympic/Atlantic at my grandmother's house.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 10:58:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Car dealership doesn't sound too bad, better if it's fenced. Maybe you can get enough rest to leave early and get down the road a piece to somewhere, campground etc. that's a bit safer and get caught up on your sleep for a few hours.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 11:00:15 PM EDT
[#13]
War (feat. Jose Feliciano) East L.A.

Sweet mellow jam...
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 11:00:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6 is my motto
View Quote

Sig?
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 11:01:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Where?  I lived near Olympic/Atlantic at my grandmother's house.
View Quote
I'm at an RV dealership in Colten. It's fairly quiet but extremely seedy all around the dealership. There's no easy way to pull this trailer out of the parking lot or i would go get something to eat and look for a safer camping spot.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 11:05:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
45-70 at least
View Quote

What round for gang banger?

All of them!
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 11:14:01 PM EDT
[#17]
I get no respect, no respect at all. For instince, my neighbor complained about the noise my wife makes during sex, he complained so much I had to stop letting her go over there. <------Best Dangerfield joke ever.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 11:15:13 PM EDT
[#18]
My puppy says the wood pile is clear!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 11:23:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I get no respect, no respect at all. For instince, my neighbor complained about the noise my wife makes during sex, he complained so much I had to stop letting her go over there. <------Best Dangerfield joke ever.
View Quote
That is bad. I love the dog pictures.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 11:32:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 11:32:51 PM EDT
[#21]
How about this, in my area it’s 34 degrees and raining, on its way to 31-32 degrees and raining overnight, so I may wake up to no electricity or heat.  Or worse, a bunch of huge limbs down, possibly on my house…
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 11:50:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
How about this, in my area it's 34 degrees and raining, on its way to 31-32 degrees and raining overnight, so I may wake up to no electricity or heat.  Or worse, a bunch of huge limbs down, possibly on my house
View Quote
Well I hope your house is okay. I would take raining a low 30's over scared, I hate not feeling safe.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 11:51:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Perspective...
The universe has existed for around 1.3x10^10 years. It will reach Heat Death(where each proton in the universe has expanded  beyond the light-speed barrier from every other proton and they decay into free quarks) in around 1.7x10^106 years.
So you'll be dead orders of magnitude longer than you were not alive.
OTOH, the entire lifespan of the universe will be indistinguishable from one unit of Planck time(5.39x10^-44 seconds) against the backdrop of eternity.
Okay, that was more encouraging in my head than it sounds written down.
Ah...HTH.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 11:56:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Stay safe, Queen.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 11:58:12 PM EDT
[#25]
The man who invented the brella went to the patent and trademark office to get a patent. The man behind the desk asked "what did he call it?".... Then he hesitated...

Ba dump tish
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:02:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Can you drop the trailer and go grab a room and something to eat? Just go back in the morning and grab it. If the lot you’re in is gated and locked there’s not much to worry about. Even if it isn’t you’ll be fine I’m sure. Understandably uncomfortable and worried but you’ll be fine.

FWIW I’ve spent many nights in various parts of LA when I drove OTR. Including parked under a streetlight in Compton one night.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:03:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm at an RV dealership in Colten. It's fairly quiet but extremely seedy all around the dealership. There's no easy way to pull this trailer out of the parking lot or i would go get something to eat and look for a safer camping spot.
View Quote

Colten? Ewww.

That's not East LA.
That's East of LA.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:03:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Just north past the 10 is Alhambra, San Marino, S. Pasadena and Pasadena
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:05:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Who was the member who would haul RVs around the country then show up early and always truck camp and do an AMA thread?

I wanna say “griz” was somewhere in his name.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:08:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Wait you are stuck in east LA in a truck in the rain and you can’t even grab anything to eat??
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:11:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Who was the member who would haul RVs around the country then show up early and always truck camp and do an AMA thread?

I wanna say “griz” was somewhere in his name.
View Quote

Yeah, I remember that dude. He’d spend like 2 days in a Wal-Mart parking lot waiting for the dealership to open on a Monday holiday weekend.
He posted from my area once, and I was pretty sure I knew which Wal-Mart he was at. I thought about surveilling, but then decided that was a creepy waste of time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:11:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Colten? Ewww.

That's not East LA.
That's East of LA.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:13:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Every now and then I get dinked around by the dealership that I am supposed to deliver to and I just happened to luck out this time. Because of poor communication I have to spend the night in east LA. Not the safest place.

I just need to be distracted and get through the night.

View Quote

Imagine a bunch of people trying to leave work, but the hill up to the main road from the loading dock is covered in black ice, so they end up sliding all over the place and hitting the curb. Because that's what I've been watching for the last 10 minutes.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:15:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Call an Uber or get delivery
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:16:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
How about you Wang Chung tonight?

Pay no mind to the title....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf4x36XKhsM

(Great song...great movie)
View Quote

I do not always listen to Wang Chung, but when I do it's because I'm watching To Live and Die in L.A.

Wait, wait, wait....
Wait (From "To Live And Die In L.A." Soundtrack)
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:18:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What round for east LA?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:23:01 AM EDT
[#37]

Barney likes your style but he's giving you the stink eye anyway.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:25:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yeah, I remember that dude. He’d spend like 2 days in a Wal-Mart parking lot waiting for the dealership to open on a Monday holiday weekend.
He posted from my area once, and I was pretty sure I knew which Wal-Mart he was at. I thought about surveilling, but then decided that was a creepy waste of time.
View Quote

Yep, that’s the one.

Edit: Mizzarly? Or something like that.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:47:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yep, that’s the one.

Edit: Mizzarly? Or something like that.
View Quote

Yeah, that sounds right. I have no problem killing a few hours, but I can’t imagine doing days a time…

Welfare check on aisle 3… Queen still alive or did the cartels get her because they wanted the specific trailer attached to her truck.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:48:39 AM EDT
[#40]
If it's  Colton, then you are just south of San Berdoo/North of Riverside near the 10/215 interchange.

It's after 830pm, and you're stuck there....I would just hang out in the truck.

If you are idling all night with the markers on.....I highly doubt anyone will bother you.

And if you got a portable tv in there....KTLA channel 5 will probably have a car chase come on at 10-1030pm.

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 1:03:49 AM EDT
[#41]

Yes, they do.

Attachment Attached File

That pic was taken about 12 or 13 years ago.

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 1:10:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Maybe think about overnighting at a truck stop if there's one within a couple hours of your delivery?  Try to get in around supper time and find a spot in the back corner of the lot before it fills up. Grab a shower and some chow and arrive at the dealership just before they open.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 1:11:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Find a taco truck.
View Quote

called em roach coach in my day.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 1:12:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yeah, go eat some Mexican
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 1:14:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You packing?
View Quote

What's the gay have to do with this?
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 1:19:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Trying to remember where I stayed two years ago.

Eta: Randolph St. in Commerce, West of the corner of Scott St.
along the curb across from the railroad tracks. Bell Garden neighborhood and high school on the other side of the fenced tracks. Very little traffic, only warehouse activity
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 1:21:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 1:32:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 1:36:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Here's some good news for you.

Your ex didn't call you and tell you that he found a condom in his new woman's car and blamed you for planting it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 1:41:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Here's some good news for you.

Your ex didn't call you and tell you that he found a condom in his new woman's car and blamed you for planting it.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top