BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I could go along with the mind playing tricks on me right up until the chick looked up at me. That shit would creep me out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I could go along with the mind playing tricks on me right up until the chick looked up at me. That shit would creep me out.

That's what did it, I was walking by, thought I saw something...stopped and then it was like she noticed me and looked up. Then just before I could 100% process WTF am I seeing it was gone and then felt like it was almost never there...kind of didn't even happen. Really hard to explain.

Quoted:
Ghosts don't make sense to me. They're always in some old house and not some pimped out MTV cribs style house. And if they haunt the places where they died, wouldn't hospitals be overrun with them given the sheer numbers?  Wouldn't we see them all over the roads given how many accidents there are?

This is a major source of my skepticism, if they exist they should be everywhere.

Then there is the whole "how come ghosts have clothes?" thing. Am I seeing the spirit of their shirts and jeans?
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 9:40:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Ghosts don’t haunt places. They just wander around in strange places digging through peoples stuff cause they’re a bunch or thieving jerks. The last one that got in here stole the Mayo off my banana sandwich and spilled my Mountain Dew.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If you do not believe that you caught a reflection off a window, and you end up seeing the spirit again, then I'd check for some recently acquired preowned items that may have been brought into your home.  

I would repeat my recommendation to ignore it, and don't try to make contact.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, some things from my parents house, but most is new stuff. I'm not really a garage sale person.

If you do not believe that you caught a reflection off a window, and you end up seeing the spirit again, then I'd check for some recently acquired preowned items that may have been brought into your home.  

I would repeat my recommendation to ignore it, and don't try to make contact.

Dont try to make contact with what?
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 9:57:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You didn't take the time to understand. Paint a room a different color and the first few times you walk into it, for part of a second you will sometimes see the old color. It's a strong memory implant.

So after my grandfather died, if I was out the house because I had seen him at his desk hundreds of times, almost for an instant I could still see him sitting there in my mind because it is the image I expected to see when I turned the corner into the room. Doesn't mean he was actually there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Umm this doesn't seem normal or rational to me.

You didn't take the time to understand. Paint a room a different color and the first few times you walk into it, for part of a second you will sometimes see the old color. It's a strong memory implant.

So after my grandfather died, if I was out the house because I had seen him at his desk hundreds of times, almost for an instant I could still see him sitting there in my mind because it is the image I expected to see when I turned the corner into the room. Doesn't mean he was actually there.

I understand what you are saying and I never experienced any of what you are saying nor see it as normal to "see" anything that isn't there.  Maybe you have a better imagination than me.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 10:09:33 PM EDT
[#5]
We have a ghost cat in our house. We have 3 cats but sometimes we'll catch a glimpse of something moving or hear a thump like a cat jumping off our bed, when all three are accounted for.
I even have pictures. Taken seconds apart. The orange thing is a cat toy that has a motorized belt with a piece of string on it.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

ETA: I wasn't attempting to get a picture of the ghost cat, but it was something I found in the pictures afterward.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 10:12:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Mentioned my story before. Saw what appeared to be a middle aged woman, small child on the side of an old county road here in KY years ago. They were dressed in attire that was looked pre WW 2 (30’s maybe). Turned car around and gone. Since then, nothing out of the ordinary.

However, when I worked on the ICU step down unit (I’m a VA RN), I can remember a few dying vets claiming to see family that had long departed.  One vet exclaimed, “it’s beautiful” an hour or so before dying. Not scary at all, but reassuring that there’s either an afterlife or that the final moments of life are peaceful.

Not sure I believe, but I saw what I saw and never could explain it.
View Quote

The brain releases DMT.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 10:13:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It’s weird how when you’re camping, your campsite is always surrounded by axe murders and samsquatches.  As soon as the sun comes out in the morning they all turn back into trees.  

As I get older I keep seeing glimpses of movement in my peripheral vision.  Eye doctor says nothing’s abnormal.  I know it’s my brain and eyes fucking with me.  There’s also many people that don’t accept that kind of stuff and double down on the “I know what I saw” position.  If there weren’t those types of people we’d have no ghost or bigfoot stories.
View Quote

Did your eye doctor see floaters in your eye?
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 10:16:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Wish I hadn't have read this. I'm in a creepy ass 70's house with my wife and kids out of town.  I want to take a shower but there are several mirrors between the shower and me.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 10:23:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We have a ghost cat in our house. We have 3 cats but sometimes we'll catch a glimpse of something moving or hear a thump like a cat jumping off our bed, when all three are accounted for.
I even have pictures. Taken seconds apart. The orange thing is a cat toy that has a motorized belt with a piece of string on it.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/74363/IMG_20171202_111641027_jpg-2725462.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/74363/IMG_20171202_111647364_jpg-2725461.JPG

ETA: I wasn't attempting to get a picture of the ghost cat, but it was something I found in the pictures afterward.
View Quote
That's amazing. I can see it clear as day. It looks like it was a beautiful cat when it was alive.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 10:25:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Did the young woman look anything like Donna Douglas (Elly May on The Beverly Hillbillies)?  She's done this before.

Boris Karloff''s Thriller (1960–1962) - The Hungry Glass

Link Posted: 2/25/2023 10:31:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Ever mess with a Ouija board?
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 10:43:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I dismissed you until you mentioned the girl looking up at you.  

You will be contacted again soon. Get ready. Watch for signs . . . electrical issues like shorts in outlets, popped circuit breakers, etc.; water pipes making noise, or sudden pinhole leaks. Sudden cold drafts without a source. Drinking glasses or plates falling off the kitchen counter and breaking without cause.

Get a dog to watch over you while you sleep and provide warning. Do not dismiss this lightly.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 10:57:56 PM EDT
[#14]
I will start with that I do believe in ghosts, but am also highly skeptical of anything I’m told, or see. Even if something is believable to be paranormal, I will look for and tend to believe a rational explanation first. However, I have one experience that I have no rational explanation for.  

A few years back, before my mother passed, she was ill and I was making a 7 hour drive to every couple weeks to visit.  There was an L shaped hallway that at the end of the short part of the L was the master bedroom, just before that on the right was a bathroom, and at the outer part of the bend of the L were the other two bedroom doors, side by side.  I was in that bathroom brushing my teeth, so the door was open.  Out of the corner of my eye I see something moving.  I turn and see a figure in a white gown walk into the master bedroom. I thought it was my mother, but when I looked into that room, no one was in there, plus she was wearing pajamas, not a gown.  I didn’t say anything to anyone about it, not even to my wife.  With everything going on, I I just didn’t think about it.  A couple weeks later I was back down there, but my wife went with me this time.  She was in the guest room at the corner of the L, while I was in the living room.  When I came back she asked if anyone came down the hall.  It was just 3 of us and no one had gone down the hall.  She said she saw a white figure walk by the bedroom door and head into the master bedroom, but disappear.  Same thing I had seen, but she had no idea.   A week later, my sister was visiting and when I talked to her she said she saw something strange, but didn’t want to sound crazy.  She was in the bathroom and saw a figure in white head past and into the master bedroom.  It was gone when she looked in there. Neither of us had told her what we saw.  Three people seeing the same thing in the same place that have no knowledge of what the other saw it hard for me to find an explanation for.  Obviously, I can’t prove it to others, nor that no one knew what the other had seen, but I know it and that’s enough for me to believe.  

I looked into the property to see if I could find anything.  It was a condo built in the mid 80s. Any prior owners were still alive and nothing to show anything had happened there.  Prior to the condo being built aerial photos showed it was vacant land.  This was either an intelligent haunting, or a residual of someone that had been in the condo, since it followed the hallway.  After my mom passed I was alone there doing work to prep it for sale.  I did some investigating, but nothing else happened. I theorize that the ghost may have been my grandmother, my mother’s mother.  She often wore a white gown and was when she passed.  She may have been visiting her daughter that was not long for this world.

As for your situation. Any idea what was at your property before the house?  Anything happen on the land?  How old is that mirror?  It doesn’t look to be anything special, but the design on it looks a bit older.  A thought was maybe something attached to the mirror.  I would say it could be residual, but you said it reacted to you being there.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:01:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I understand what you are saying and I never experienced any of what you are saying nor see it as normal to "see" anything that isn't there.  Maybe you have a better imagination than me.
View Quote

When you go to your parents house, can you still see your room as it was when you were a kid even if it's much different now? It's more like a superimposed memory than something that is actually there. It's where you've seen something so many times you can still sorta see it.

Anyway, best I'll ever be able to explain that. I just assumed everyone had that experience.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:07:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Female looks to be sitting, head tilted slightly back and smiling/laughing?

Adding: zoom in really close to see face.

OP sees dead people his gun in front of safe .
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:18:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Spirit for sure.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:22:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Ghosts are real.  They're supposed to be souls that are trapped between the physical plane and the Heavenly plane.   It takes energy to manifest or move objects (knock things off shelfs, open cabinet doors, etc).  Try purification by burning sage like the Red Man does.

OK, just remembered that the Approved Arfcom method of exorcising a female ghost is to whack off vigourously in its presence.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:25:23 PM EDT
[#19]
are you menstruating?

back off man, I'm a scientist
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:29:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Time glitch in the Matrix.  YOU were the ghost SHE saw.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:31:59 PM EDT
[#21]
You hallucinated it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:32:02 PM EDT
[#22]
It's probably just demon spirits upping the game on y'all's ass attempting to enslave you.

Prepare accordingly.

The angus is what they want.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:32:06 PM EDT
[#23]
You want a ghost can't be real explanation, okay I will play along. Think about how a lot of electronics work. Wifi, radio whatever. Signal just going everywhere. Stuff that isn't even meant to send out electromagnetic waves do anyway. Spark plugs, toasters, heck just about anything electrical does a little. How does your brain work? It's electrical!! It sends out a very very weak signal to. Maybe just maybe the signal is not like a signal from a toaster, maybe there is actual information in it. No I am not saying your brain is sending out radio waves. Even light and heat is electromagnetic waves. Look up electromagnetic waves. Maybe the brain produces  a signal that has information that well is nothing like anything ever used in any electronics. So you looked into a mirror at the same time as someone else in a different house and somehow your brain sync up the signal and the information resulted in what you saw.  See there you have a possible answer. As for ghost, after you toss out all the phony nonsense and get to some of the rare actual real research. It's not a situation of science proving no such thing as ghost. Science does find a strong definite something. It's just not like the standard ghost story stuff. It's well in the category of no idea what is actually happening. The universe is just plain weird.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:38:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Ghosts are real.  No questions about it
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:50:29 PM EDT
[#25]
May be a sign of Dementia, Alzheimer's disease or Parkinson's disease. My mother started having hallucinations b/f she was diagnosed. . might be worthwhile getting an exam... that is far more likely than a haunting.

Common causes of hallucinations include:
mental health conditions like schizophrenia or a bipolar disorder.
drugs and alcohol.
Alzheimer's disease or Parkinson's disease.
a change or loss of vision, such as Charles Bonnet syndrome.
anxiety, depression or bereavement.
side effect from medicines.
after surgery and anaesthesia.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:53:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Ghosts are real. Your lack of belief in them doesn't make them any less real.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Lets go back to the whole bigfoot thread, shall we?
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 12:18:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Ghosts don't make sense to me. They're always in some old house and not some pimped out MTV cribs style house. And if they haunt the places where they died, wouldn't hospitals be overrun with them given the sheer numbers?  Wouldn't we see them all over the roads given how many accidents there are?
View Quote

The theory is ghosts haunt a place they were attached to, whether it was a good attachment, or a traumatic event, it is not necessarily the place they died.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 12:22:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Right, because when you see something for a single second, you have time to pull out your phone and take a pic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody can know for certain what "doesn't exist", you can only know what you haven't seen.

So we have to disprove all made up things to know for certain?

I didn't say you have to disprove anything.  Why do you jump to telling someone they're wrong just because they've experienced something you have not?

People see shit and have forever.  "They don't exist" is a bold statement.  "I don't believe in them" would be more accurate.

They don't exist. And that's perfectly accurate and not even bold, given the proliferation of people (>8billion) and objective fact gathering tools such as cell phone cameras.

That said, I also believe that people who say they have seen ghosts are telling the truth. I believe that they believe. I just don't believe that conclusions are warranted that fall outside the realm of reasonable cross examination.

Right, because when you see something for a single second, you have time to pull out your phone and take a pic.

Right, when I see something so out of the ordinary , bizarre, and  mindboggling.....first thing I do is whip out my cell phone, bring it up and focus it..in a fraction of a second.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 8:34:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Just like anything paranormal.
No matter what you say,post as evidence...
No one will believe you and many will mock you.

I've had experiences. From childhood to adult. At times with people who do not believe in ghost ( my wife for example).
There's good and there's evil...it's just that simple.

Link Posted: 2/26/2023 8:36:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Right, when I see something so out of the ordinary , bizarre, and  mindboggling.....first thing I do is whip out my cell phone, bring it up and focus it..in a fraction of a second.
View Quote
You don't wear a front and back go pro 24/7? Or have game cameras everywhere?
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 10:14:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Dont try to make contact with what?
View Quote

It’s good advice. What if she used to be a politics professor. Imagine having to listen to that crap all day.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Ghost? Does it climaxed?
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 1:19:59 PM EDT
[#33]
At one time man could only measure heat from fire by his thermoception.

These experiences are just not measureable or repeatable on command yet.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 4:00:02 PM EDT
[#34]
I left my office (spare bedroom) one morning and to my right I saw what looked like a pillar of light or a white shape dart off in the living room.  I thought what the hell was that?  Didn't see anything in the living room and went about my day.  The next morning the same thing happened again, but my brain was able to work it out immediately what it was this time, because I paused in place when I noticed it.  Swaying back and forth it was obvious it was a light reflection.  The geometry was a little complicated. It was a result of the sun being in position to come through windows on the other side of he house than normal, and reflecting off the other bedroom door to the left. As I was exiting and blocked this light making it look like the apparent shape in the living room moved.  This can probably only happen a couple days in the year, at the right time when the sun casts at far enough angle to land on the door crack.  It was obviously light when looking straight on.  However seeing it out of the corner of the eye gave the illusion it was a shape, and trying to follow it made it seem to dart out of view.

I.E. seeing things like fast flashes or movement out of the corner of your eye makes the brain think there's something there.

Also sounds like you're suspectable to or have a history of hallucinations.  I've never experienced the momentary half-second seeing a room as it was before and have never heard that described by anyone else.  I can imagine it if I wish but it's never automatic.
I've had a few hallucinations before and initially 100% believed what I was seeing.  One seemed to react to my thoughts when I questioned how that was possible (the thing wobbling stopped).  When I demo'ed the bathroom and got rid of the mold behind the leaking shower wall, these hallucinations ceased.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 9:49:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Bump for any news.....
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 11:08:09 PM EDT
[#36]

First time I saw something, I was a Bradley gunner my first time in Iraq. It was around 2 in the morning and we were guarding a bridge. It was my Brad and my Platoon Sergeants Brad watching the bridge. The PSG's gunner put it out over the net that 2 guys at the far end of the bridge and they started coming across the bridge. I spun the turret around and looked through my ISU. I saw the same 2 guys and they were armed with AKs. Our PSG said to let them get to the middle of the bridge and then open up on them. When the 2 guys got to the middle of the bridge, we both opened up on them with the coax and we saw them go down. Our PSG kicked a squad out onto the bridge to go find the bodies and take the weapons. The squad got to the middle of the bridge and there was nothing there. No bodies, no blood and no weapons. Our PSG saw them, his gunner saw them, my BC saw them and I saw them.

Second time I saw something, I was stationed at Fort Polk in beautiful Louisiana. My wife, (girlfriend at the time) had a mobile marketing job that had her driving across the country to different events. She was driving through Louisiana and stopped in Alexandria for the night. She checked into a Red Roof In and I drove to Alexandria to spend the night with her. After giving her the 45 seconds of her life, I went to the bathroom to take a leak and she came in while I was washing my hands. Right after she walked into the bathroom, I thought I saw someone in the mirror walking past the doorway. I spun around and stepped into the room. There was nobody there. She believes in ghosts and thought that I was just fucking with her. I never told her what I saw except that I thought I saw someone. When I left in the morning to get back in time for PT, she locked the door and climbed back into bed. After a few minutes, she saw someone in the room and turned the lamp on. There was nobody there. She knew what she saw though. The next day, she called my mother to ask her about something and during the conversation, she told her about what happened and described what she saw. I got a call after they hung up and my mother asked me what I saw. I described the person I saw and it turned out that we both described the same person. Same size, clothes, skin color and hair.

I never believed in ghosts before but after those, I sure as hell do now. And ok... I'm lying. I didn't give her the best 45 seconds of her life. It was the best 30 seconds. Maybe 35.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 11:20:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Nothing happened, OP.  

But throw away the mirror, anyway.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top