BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 11:18:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I mailed a $3800 moneyorder for a gun before and  it finally took me to call the police  dept he worked for to get him to ship the rifle.

He wasn't scamming me he was just lazy and thought it was no big deal , it was only a month
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 11:31:16 PM EDT
[#2]
There's a gun show in Belton this coming weekend. If he is having trouble with finding a ffl dealer to ship he might find one there or meet a fellow arf member to confirm the guns excissance. I will probably be there Sat. morning early if that helps.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 11:32:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Update.

Nothing.

I will probably wait till monday because tomorrow and this weekend is super busy.

I do appreciate those who IMed me with offers of help.
View Quote
fuck that. I'd be on the phone to someone with a badge now...
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 11:34:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I saw one of my own guns for sale on Armslist.

Some scammer lifted one of the pictures of my P220 Super Match from the Internet, reproduced it on Armslist, and offered it up as a gun for sale.
View Quote
Nearly every item we ever put on GB that was over 2k , the pics and description got lifted and a fake ad was put on Armslist within a week .
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 11:34:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to not be able to ship right away? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.
View Quote
I swear this is the third time I have seen this exact post in different threads.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 11:35:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Don't worry OP, the rest of us aren't that stupid.
View Quote

this gave me a good laugh.  I needed it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 11:44:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I swear this is the third time I have seen this exact post in different threads.
View Quote
I've seen it at least 8 times in the past year.

It's getting old but still funny.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 11:46:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Next time you want to buy off armslist from another state, make the seller drop it off at the gun shop YOU choose beforehand in THEIR area.  That way, the gun shop can verify it’s what the seller says it is and can take it in on your behalf and then you can pay

Easy stuff.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 11:50:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to not be able to ship right away? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.
View Quote
As far as I can tell, this is a threat. We take threats very seriously here.

Reported.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 11:53:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You have. Its a stupid inside joke from an obscure thread that keeps getting repeats.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 12:00:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Reported.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 12:10:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
He was supposed to have shipped on Monday and it is now early Wednesday morning. While the lack of communication is not a good sign, it may still work out. You did your due diligence in vetting the seller. It is hard to believe he set up all that credibility for one $1,700 scam.

I hope it all works out for you.
View Quote
This. I'm not saying one way or another whether he's a scammer, but there's a lot of things that you've said which don't seem to be a setup. But, I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 12:45:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reported.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 12:49:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reported.
http://m.quickmeme.com/img/14/14c0f057abec6dabfc5be48cbbd0d904fef889a8781eee667984089207daf998.jpg
I have screenshots, and I'm forwarding them to local authorities. I'm sure they won't find it so funny.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 12:50:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have screenshots, and I'm forwarding them to local authorities. I'm sure they won't find it so funny.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reported.
http://m.quickmeme.com/img/14/14c0f057abec6dabfc5be48cbbd0d904fef889a8781eee667984089207daf998.jpg
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 12:51:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reported.
What the fuck did you just fucking emote about me, you little bitch?
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 12:57:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reported.
Little bitch?

What didst thou just spake of me, thou dog? Know this, knave, I am the best sword in the fleets of Sir Francis Drake, and I hath partaken in numerous raids ‘pon the ports of Spain and hath carried off over three hundred Doubloons! I am trained in musket warfare and am the best shot in the militias of Her Majesty! Thou art nothing to me but another target. I shalt strike thee down with all the furies of the Heavens above and Hells below, of a sort not yet seen on this Earth. Thou thinkest that ye can slander me, naught consequence? Thou art mistaken. For as we speak, I am contacting my spies and friends cross’t the breadth of old England to locate thou, so thou best prepare for mine storm, ye cowardly poltroon. A divine storm that shalt wipe out ye pathetic existence. Thou art but food for mine dogs, for I canst be anwhere at any time, and I canst kill thou in over seven hundred ways with naught but mine sword and buckler. Nay, not only am I extensively trained in the arts of unarmed combat, but I hath also access to the entire arsenals of Her Majesty’s militias. I shalt use it to its full extent to wipe thine miserable body of the face of Our Lord’s Earth, ye dog. Alas, if only thou had knownst what unholy retribution thine libels were about to bring down on thee, mayhap thou wouldst have kept silent. But thou did not, and now thou shalt pay the price, ye Godforsaken dogsbody. I shalt shit fury down from the Heavens ‘pon thou, and thou shalt drown in it. Confess, and prepare to meet thine maker, sirrah.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 1:07:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Repeat after me:

FTF only on Armslist
FTF only on Armslist
FTF only on Armslist
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 1:16:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Maybe he's waiting until the MO clears? I mean, you can call up USPS and certify the MO is legitimate IIRC but sometimes people wait to see if a stop payment is made....

Hope it turns out for you OP!
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 2:17:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Nearly every item we ever put on GB that was over 2k , the pics and description got lifted and a fake ad was put on Armslist within a week .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw one of my own guns for sale on Armslist.

Some scammer lifted one of the pictures of my P220 Super Match from the Internet, reproduced it on Armslist, and offered it up as a gun for sale.
Number 1 gun ripoff site  Armslist

I will not even look at that fucking place.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 2:22:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Actually, from someone who does a lot of business on eBay and other places (including with cryptocurrency--yeah, fraud galore), you did fine. Sometimes you do your due diligence and you still get fucked.

That said, see if you can find anything about him on White Pages. You can pay 5$ for a pretty thorough report with a little bit of information. You can also sometimes use IP address (if he was stupid) to get a general location as well as phone number area code. All the info you can get will be valuable.

Best of luck to you.

Edit: after reading through the thread, yeah there's no need to panic; dude's probably just lazy and/or something's come up (yes...I've been that seller on very rare occasions and with good cause).
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 2:34:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Kind of early to panic
View Quote
I'm with this. If it was me I would still be worried shitless, but I think its too early to say it was for sure a scam. He could just be a slow shipping asshole that doesnt feel he has a duty to keep you reasonably updated.

Anyways maybe send him another email or whatever you've been using, that you are getting worried and will get his P.D. involved if he doesn't respond/ship by tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 2:49:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You have. Its a stupid inside joke from an obscure thread that keeps getting repeats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It started on bodybulding.com forums over a decade ago and took on life of its own. Like most things its origin has nothing to do with ar15.com
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 2:53:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Kind of early to panic
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 3:15:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It started on bodybulding.com forums over a decade ago and took on life of its own. Like most things its origin has nothing to do with ar15.com
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"im an athletic guy and i absolutely hate fat people, they are a waste of space, especially the ones that keep eating and getting fatter and dont exersize..

i would honestly not care if they all died. **** the fat ****s they make this country look bad... and if you have a problem with this come try to touch me you fat ****s, oh wait you cant even climb a flight of stairs without getting winded...

worthless ****s."
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 9:03:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Maybe he's waiting until the MO clears? I mean, you can call up USPS and certify the MO is legitimate IIRC but sometimes people wait to see if a stop payment is made....

Hope it turns out for you OP!
View Quote

You can take a MO to a post office and walk out with cash so there shouldn't be a need to wait for it to "clear".
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 9:31:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Locked: Thread derailed.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top