BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:08:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Jeep started making Rubicon models in 2003, by all measures the most capable Jeep and the most capable show room stock 4x4 ever produced by a US manufacturer.

I'm not sure what his motivation is for the 2001 year cut off, but he couldn't be more wrong.
View Quote
Last year of the XJ?

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:11:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Jeeps helped win WW2

Never understood the childish jeep hate.
View Quote

It’s how you know a Toyota fan has entered a Jeep thread.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:14:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Doors off/foot outside = gayer

View Quote
That will get you a ticket here. Our Jeep guy at work got one about 2 yrs ago for it (foot outside the door opening on one of those foot rests that mount on the lower hinge).
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:43:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Until this thread, I had no idea why someone put a duck on my XJ at the top of Mosquito Pass last summer.  It's still sitting in my garage.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:18:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That will get you a ticket here. Our Jeep guy at work got one about 2 yrs ago for it (foot outside the door opening on one of those foot rests that mount on the lower hinge).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn I hope the cop made it home alright.  Mass casualty event was seconds away
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:23:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Been driving Jeeps a long time, have only heard about the duck thing on here. Makes no sense to me.
I'll be driving my doorless LJR tomorrow and enjoying every minute of it.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:34:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:39:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Not sure how I missed this thread until page 7.

OP is the NATO callsign for a MiG-15.

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:45:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Do you have to wave at Jeep Patriots and Renegades?

View Quote

If it's a modded out one I will show some love. Same rule for any XJ on 33+.

I also wave at nice Toyotas and Nissans from time to time. Brothers of the trail.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:49:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I must not be very cool, I've had Jeeps (CJ/YJ/TJ's) for probably 15+ years and never once had anyone leave a duck.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 12:33:48 AM EDT
[#11]

I dunno, OP.  I dig "Jeeps".

I actually have Jeeps too...  '46 CJ2a and a '07 Jk (mostly for plowing snow and bird hunting).
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 12:36:36 AM EDT
[#12]

I miss my YJ.  It only had a 2.5L but that f#cker would go anywhere.  Like a tank in the snow.  I rolled it on its side once and broke out the side glass while frigging around in the woods.  We rolled it back, it smoked a bit for a while, but we just kept driving it.  Only problem was it seemed returned itself to the earth at an exponential rate... damn rust.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 12:39:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/219075/1278780-10151897930146422-287759761-o-1-153103.jpg

I dunno, OP.  I dig "Jeeps".

I actually have Jeeps too...  '46 CJ2a and a '07 Jk (mostly for plowing snow and bird hunting).
View Quote

FJ40s, Scouts, and Defenders are small j jeeps in my book.

Link Posted: 6/11/2023 5:24:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Love mine .....
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 5:47:20 AM EDT
[#15]

Lol. Nice try!

Sweet FJ cruiser though man.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 7:52:13 AM EDT
[#16]

Looks small.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 7:55:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I think it's more about the owners.

It's the new suburban mom-mobile, dressed up in off-road garb, doesn't even see a gravel driveway.

And we don't even need to talk about the ducks.
View Quote

I know women really like what they call Jeeps. These have the Jeep brand name on the outside. These are really no different than 87% of the other SUVs. Basically are all modern versions of what were called station wagons, like what my mom hauled us around in. Just cooler looking grocery and kid haulers.

I look at Jeeps like i do 1911s. I have zero desire to own either unless they were GI issue. We had one of those old standard WW2 issue Jeeps back when i was a teen. It was a hoot in the woods. It was bare bones, but with a set of narrow buckshots that little 4 banger would claw through about any creek we encountered.

The attraction was mostly the nostalgia/history attached. Same with the original 1911s. There are much more functional tools available these days if you strip away that aspect.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 7:58:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Attachment Attached File

Everybody loves Jeeps

Attachment Attached File

Even Land Rover

Link Posted: 6/11/2023 8:12:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We took a couple 4 door Jeeps up 36 to Carson Ghost Town near Lake City, CO.

The road had big ruts and big rocks, it was fun and I was glad the Jeeps could drive it no problem.  Just pick a good line.

As we were climbing a Chevy Suburban was coming down.  This Suburban had no lift and was towing a large trailer, a regular road trailer.  

That Suburban had to drive up before it came down.  Amazing.

I love Jeeps but prefer the ride of a RZR on rough stuff.
View Quote

Someone here posted a YT video of some desert rat out running some famous "offroad" rock formations in a 2WD station wagon with his dog. The juxtaposition was hilarious....everybody else out there had hyper-overlanded rigs and his old $1k grocery getter was cruising with them.

Reminded me of my dad using his old 69 Ford wagon daily driver during hunting season. He usually left the woods with a gutted deer laying on a polyethylene blanket in the cargo area.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 8:20:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 8:37:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He most likely didn't have mirrors. I have mirrors that fit in the hinge for when I take the doors off.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 8:37:41 AM EDT
[#22]
jeeps minivans are the worst.

"Hey you wanna go drive a dirt road with a massive group of people and only spend 10 minutes actually driving because you need 10000 spotters for crawling over that rock the size of a shoe?"

The owners fucked jeep for sure. Especially when they became the new minivan. The owners are dumb as fuck to accept all of the flaws (death wobble, leaking hardtop, etc) even in a brand new vehicle because "it's a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand"
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 8:38:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 8:44:21 AM EDT
[#24]
I been seeing a lot of jeeps on the road this year.  They must be raking in the cash selling them.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 9:01:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I been seeing a lot of jeeps on the road this year.  They must be raking in the cash selling them.
View Quote

Yep.  Huge cash cow - the soccer moms buying them that is.

Hey if it supports the brand and keeps them coming new off the line, all the better.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 9:07:17 AM EDT
[#26]
05 Rubi owner here. Ducks are for fags and I hope your rot pocket heals up.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 10:03:33 AM EDT
[#27]
I love my 2017 JKUR. It is my DD and does a fine job. A 2-door is too small for things I have to carry around sometimes. Have had to do rear brakes, and a blend door actuator (did blend door myself, not hard) in 72k miles. Still on original BF Goodrich M-T tires and they have a good bit of tread left. They seem to work pretty well off-road, too.

Nothing wrong with a Ford pickup, I guess, but I wouldn't want one.

Link Posted: 6/11/2023 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#28]
We used to love goofing off in our jeep.  It was a terrible machine but a fun machine and we put it on some hot suppers.  Have been considering getting a newer 4 door rubi but  we don’t identify with the newer jeep owners.  The whole hood naming rubber duck faggotry is just

We used to have an off road park near us but they closed it down.  There is still one in Bridgeport but I’m up that way everyday working and hate to even consider making that drive on my days off.

Had lockers installed and it led to a real sticking!

Link Posted: 6/11/2023 10:53:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It's how you know a Toyota fan has entered a Jeep thread.
View Quote
I am a Toyota fan and like jeeps.

Just not enough to buy one
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 1:00:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
jeeps minivans are the worst.

"Hey you wanna go drive a dirt road with a massive group of people and only spend 10 minutes actually driving because you need 10000 spotters for crawling over that rock the size of a shoe?"

The owners fucked jeep for sure. Especially when they became the new minivan. The owners are dumb as fuck to accept all of the flaws (death wobble, leaking hardtop, etc) even in a brand new vehicle because "it's a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand"
View Quote

LOL GTFO.

If you actually off-road you’ll see groups of Subaru AWD enthusiasts, unmodified IFS Toyotas, new Land Rover defenders on 18” wheels and no side wall. I respect every single one of them for getting out on the trails. No one and I mean ABSOLUTELY NO ONE is spotting over a shoe sized rock.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top