Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 4:17:21 PM EDT
[#1]
With that said....

a $25 baby jogger is what you seek...that you can take the front wheel off....or all the wheels.

Or that foldable fabric/nylon wagon linked to above.

But really...all you really need should be worn on your belt already  with the exception of a Dillon border shift ammo/brass bag or a .30 cal ammo can to carry your ammo in.
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Kia Soul?

Sounds like you already have a gun cart.

Link Posted: 7/16/2019 4:46:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a hitch installed, then get a cargo tray that fits the hitch.  Strap a converted jogging stroller to it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As a former match director, I have this to say:

FUCK YOUR UMBRELLA!

FUCK YOUR SHADE!

GET OFF YOUR ASS AND GO PASTE TARGETS, RESET STEEL, R.O., and/or SCOREKEEP!

The match would run a lot faster with you helping.

Okay....whew!  Now that I got that off my chest.

As a former USPSA competitor, are you using your local USPSA matches as:

A.  a social event

B.  entertainment

C.  an opportunity to actually get good-er at shooting

If choice C, my recommendation is to actually NOT shoot so many local matches.

Rather spend that 3 or 4 hours at the range by yourself.

Or better yet, dry firing at home.

Yes, it is addictive to run and gun.  It is quite the adrenaline rush.

Don't get sucked into that.

I haven't been a member of USPSA for a while now, and I think their member's classification pages are only viewable to members now.

If you can look at the USPSA.org website, I bet you would see that the big name GM's don't shoot local matches every weekend.
View Quote
what the flying fuck all does this have to do with a damned cart?
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have leather seats.......shit aint going on them other than someone's ass
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those golf carts don’t look like they fold up any smaller than my britax stroller

Why can’t you put a wagon in the backseat...the soul is a 4door right?....or the passenger seat
Come on...the seats are made of leather, not paper.  If you are that worried about them, throw a big towel or old blanket over the seat.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 9:17:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Come on...the seats are made of leather, not paper.  If you are that worried about them, throw a big towel or old blanket over the seat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those golf carts don’t look like they fold up any smaller than my britax stroller

Why can’t you put a wagon in the backseat...the soul is a 4door right?....or the passenger seat
You pay  50% of the payments, and I will gladly do what you say.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 9:27:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

what the flying fuck all does this have to do with a damned cart?
View Quote
lazy ass shooters who'd rather sit in the shade versus helping their squadmates tape targets and reset steel.

wanna get the match over with sooner and get out of the sun sooner...don't let lazy fucks bring their own shade and chairs with them..

club or range supplied awnings like this:

are okay...in my opinion...
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 9:43:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

lazy ass shooters who'd rather sit in the shade versus helping their squadmates tape targets and reset steel.

wanna get the match over with sooner and get out of the sun sooner...don't let lazy fucks bring their own shade and chairs with them..

club or range supplied awnings like this:

http://ccsteelchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/DSC_7619.jpg

are okay...in my opinion...
View Quote
ummmmmmmm

Ok, then.

Have you ever thought about decaf? I hear it really does help.

This is Texas, Not The Stinkin' Lincoln. Shit gets hot here, yo!
Its 90Deg at Christmas.
We like more shade, and less snuggling with 15 of our shooting buddies.

Again, were Texans, we work together, therefore we can have more time in the shade, which we have to provide for ourselves.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 11:09:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Get a tactical disability scooter and mount in to your hitch.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 12:30:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Local-ish guy to me makes ORCs: Off Road Carts.  Designed for PRS but would work well in other games.
Folding, big wheels, rifle racks.
Message me and I'll get you his info.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 7:16:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Update:

Project has arrived.

I ended up going with a golf bag push cart.

Telling the guy at the golf store this was going to be a gun cart, sorta took him by surprise.

But here is what we have to work with.

Attachment Attached File

It meets all the requirements I needed. Such as fitting in the boot of a Kia Soul

All folded up and ready to test fit.

Attachment Attached File

The pic does not really tell much other than it folds up pretty good. Here it is in the boot of the Overly Manly Soul.
Attachment Attached File

and off to one side.
Attachment Attached File

I think this is going to work just fine.....
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 7:28:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I also wanted a way to hold some portable shade, and I go that AND a bottle holder......we'll see how well that works out.

Attachment Attached File

Before you ask "how the fuck does it hold the umbrella that way?"......

Attachment Attached File

There is also a storage area under that black looking fairing. I 'll get a shot of that later.

It has three levers that can be dicked with.

On the left of the pic is for the swiveling front wheel. It rotates around 360 deg. So it turns on a fucking dime.
The lever near the upside down PULL< is for the hand grip angle. and to fold over when in storage mode.
One down by the wheel is the parking brake

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 7:49:51 PM EDT
[#13]
NOW we gotta start mounting shit on it.

Here is what I have to have on it.

Gun bag (or contents)
Ammoes, anywhere from 250- 500 rounds, so lets just go with 6 for the occasional major match.
A cooler that can hold 10 or so 20oz bottles, some snacks, and hopefully A nice dry area to put an overheating  score tablet or cell phone.

I can lose the gun bag if I can do this right and have a different vessel for storing the following:
8 or so mags
A Timer
Ear pro
Food
Small tools and parts for the CZ.
Batteries. AAA to optics battery and a 9 volt
Squib rod (solid brass 1/4" thick rod, 14" long)
Lula Loader
Bottle of lube (not KY, I dont shoot PCC)

So it's not really much, but in a Case Logic backpack, it adds up.

Ammoe boxes are 100 ct. A bit over an inch tall, and 5" X 5"
I am thinking If I can get them side by side I can stack 3 rows of 2 and that will give me 600 rounds, more than enough.
I figure that is an area  6 inches High, 8" wide and 6" deep.
That will go by the front wheel

Then either the cooler and another storage are for all the gun related stuff

I have two "mounting shit to this" locations, that I can see. Feel free to chime in.

Top point
Attachment Attached File

bottom point. and the shelf down there, which is where I want the downward force to land.
Attachment Attached File

I need a solid mounting platform, say a 1"x 12" x 28". 28" is the distance from the shelf, to the very top of the "ears with holes" on the top mount point.

Though about using the door pivot pin type things

Just slide the entire mount area right on it. The shitty plastic just needs to keep it from shifting, not load baring.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 8:03:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Might be late to the party for OP, but in case anyone else wants a suggestion, I highly recommend these:
https://rangetacticalgear.com/product/rangerunner-gun-cart-custom/

A couple guys in my squad last weekend had them, and they seemed to work great.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 8:15:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I want it to fold small, as small as possible and it looks like I found a few more inches.

Front wheel tucks up between the  back ones.

Attachment Attached File

This ends up being just about the same size as my backpack.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Now we got to the meat of the issue.

This is what I had laying around and may use something else. But this is what popped into my melon and I am kinda liking it the simplicity and light weight idea.

I will have about 60-80lbs of shit getting a ride from this thing. Assuming I get an RTIC 12 can cooler....my shiity Ozark one needs to go in the trash.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 2:22:23 AM EDT
[#17]
That seems like a shitload of crap to hump all over.

The first year I shot highpower, I humped all my shit around on my back. The second year I used a two wheeled hand truck and had less shit, and the third year. I was moving all my shit around on one of those wheeled shooting stools.

I saw all manner of carts from the cobbled together stuff, re-purposed baby buggies, golf carts, and even one guy that literally hauled his shit around on a powered wagon. That was to be expected though, as he was the gadget guy. He had some fancy piece of tech for just about everything.

When I was doing bullseye. You saw a lot of collapsible carts. They were about the size of three or four milk crates put together, and all the sides folded so it would fit in a small car pretty nicely. I'd always stare at them with envy while I was lugging my Strong bullseye box down range.

I'd say strip the shit you don't need, and go minimalistic.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 8:39:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Dump your ammo in freezer baggy. That will save some space.

100 round box guys are anal.

Do you clean your mags after every stage?

Link Posted: 7/21/2019 8:56:21 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't know exactly how much weight, but since I have been backpacking it for 2 years, I'm over it. LOL

I am seriously thinking of getting two of the Harbor freight plastic cases and figuring a way to quick attach them. Something like how the drink holder attaches to the cart.
Looking at the interior dimensions, I can get 600 rounds in the foam and keep everything organized. Then the next size down for the spare parts and other little things that I will need.

Hinge the main "wood" so it folds on itself. Compact storage in the Kia.

I think I have a way to sort out the bottom mount point using a 2-3" thumb screw.  
Something like this.

I have room when collapsed to leave this.

The top, I have to come up with something to make it quick and cannot be left on the point as the cart has stuff that gets folded in there.

I want this to deploy and break down in under 2-3 minutes, tops. Should be doable.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 8:58:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nope, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I use the boxes as it is easier to dump them out of a 100 ct case gauge. Flipping ammoes, yo.

I would say the most I would need at one time would be 400 rounds, but I would be happier with 600, just in case.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 9:37:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Ditch the wood. Put the stap back on the bottom. Strap a 40 qt Gatorade style cooler. Use a saddlebag style rig for the top mount.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 9:54:07 AM EDT
[#22]
I started with a Harbor Freight hand truck, cut it in half (it comes apart at the wing nuts), added a tray at the top for small items/loading mags and a tool box/ammo can rack on the back that just sits on pins, and holders for 6 long guns.

Everything comes apart with wing nuts and assembles/disassembles with no tools.  It fits in the trunk of a Ford Focus, as was my goal.

Link Posted: 7/21/2019 10:02:56 AM EDT
[#23]
I’ve got one of the Rugged Mountain (or whatever they’re called) 4 gun carts that I use for 3 gun and it’s been just fine over the last 3-4 years, but for the price it’s more cost effective to build your own.

I’ve “built” 2 other carts for friends of mine and the best stroller I’ve found to use was a Jeep brand jogging stroller I picked up at a garage sale for $50 and put some ATV gun mounts on it. It folded up nice and small and the 2 rear wheels were removable.

I’ve seen more than a few homemade carts at matches that end up with taco’ed wheels trying to go over really rough terrain. A couple ranges in MO come to mind.

In short, find an “off-road” jogging stroller from a garage sale and start there. Something with a pivoting front wheel is a must IMO. That’s what going to fuck up wheels if you don’t have that.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I’ve got one of the Rugged Mountain (or whatever they’re called) 4 gun carts that I use for 3 gun and it’s been just fine over the last 3-4 years, but for the price it’s more cost effective to build your own.

I’ve “built” 2 other carts for friends of mine and the best stroller I’ve found to use was a Jeep brand jogging stroller I picked up at a garage sale for $50 and put some ATV gun mounts on it. It folded up nice and small and the 2 rear wheels were removable.

I’ve seen more than a few homemade carts at matches that end up with taco’ed wheels trying to go over really rough terrain. A couple ranges in MO come to mind.

In short, find an “off-road” jogging stroller from a garage sale and start there. Something with a pivoting front wheel is a must IMO. That’s what going to fuck up wheels if you don’t have that.
View Quote
too late, we are using this.

Now I gotta find the right search term for some guide studs and or tool less quick fasteners.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 10:31:51 AM EDT
[#25]
I never knew I had such a dilemma using a back pack and ammo can.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I never knew I had such a dilemma using a back pack and ammo can.
View Quote
go be poor somewhere else
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 11:11:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Now we got to the meat of the issue.

This is what I had laying around and may use something else. But this is what popped into my melon and I am kinda liking it the simplicity and light weight idea.

I will have about 60-80lbs of shit getting a ride from this thing. Assuming I get an RTIC 12 can cooler....my shiity Ozark one needs to go in the trash.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/120021/front_slats__1__jpg-1024018.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/120021/Bottom_Slats_jpg-1024019.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/120021/top_slats_jpg-1024020.JPG
View Quote
I'd move the two runners to either side of the U notch on the bottom.  On the top, I'd put a baord , steal, or plastic peice across the top U mount and then move the top of the runners to either side of the top U mount and wing nut the two runners to that added piece at the top.  That woudl give you 3 separate "notches" at the top and at the bottom.  You would have to drill some holes on the bottom board to put the gun barrels in (large holes).  Maybe use some cut heavy plastic peg board screwed in to teh top of the board for added strength.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 11:13:00 AM EDT
[#28]
The competitions I've been too have been children's strollers as far as the eye can see lol.

My dumbass carried my guns.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 11:19:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Haha! Reminds me of my son’s Cub Scout pack. Their leader is from Michigan and took them camping in June in Texas. I knew better, we didn’t go.

He ended up in the ER for heat exhaustion.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 11:23:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Just on USPSA days could you maybe just barrow your husbands truck?

Doesn't the back seat fold down making your "boot" bigger? If so, just use a fold-able wagon. Seems like you working hard to make this more difficult than it needs to be.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 11:27:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'd move the two runners to either side of the U notch on the bottom.  On the top, I'd put a baord , steal, or plastic peice across the top U mount and then move the top of the runners to either side of the top U mount and wing nut the two runners to that added piece at the top.  That woudl give you 3 separate "notches" at the top and at the bottom.  You would have to drill some holes on the bottom board to put the gun barrels in (large holes).  Maybe use some cut heavy plastic peg board screwed in to teh top of the board for added strength.
View Quote
No rifles right now, but leaving that option for Carbine or 2 gun matches at a later date.

I think i am going to go buy two of these to mount to the runners ...maybe the 3800 and the 2800  

I would rather use these sliding clip things on the case, rather hard mount/screw, but I dont know the exact nomenclature in order to search for them. They slide down and clip in.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 11:40:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Just on USPSA days could you maybe just barrow your husbands truck?

Doesn't the back seat fold down making your "boot" bigger? If so, just use a fold-able wagon. Seems like you working hard to make this more difficult than it needs to be.  
View Quote
If I had a hubby, sh'd have ginormous tits and a great vagina.

Im not buy a 60K truck, I am not folding down the seats, and I am not going out any buying a stroller.

I want subcompact.

I have this but have to work out some of the stuff that the collective hive can help me sort out.

I should be able to deploy this in about 2-3 minutes.

I dont do "what everyone else does", its not my style.

Pretty sure I will be the only one in the DFW area that will have this......I like that idea, and if I gotta work a bit harder, so be it.

Just found how I can do a quick connect for the bottom

one problem solved.

now I gotta sort out the top.

I am thinking two of these.

Boom!

That should take less than 30 seconds to remove the entire mounted "structure".

If I hinge this thing, I can fold it in half. A blind hinge.

Compactness achieved!
All of it, minus the cooler should fit in the boot.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 1:16:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I am not folding down the seats
View Quote
I'm not sure if I should or .

That's why the seats fold - for the occasional times you need more storage space.

All of the time you're spending fucking around "engineering" a solution could be spent practicing or loading more ammo.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 1:31:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Attachment Attached File

+ custom box that attaches securely.
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 10:30:35 PM EDT
[#35]
All it needs is some paint, fancy graphics, a few bolt swap outs.

I think I nailed this one for having nothing but some basic wood cutty things and a thing to make holes with.

This is Idiot Cart 2.0, ans the version 1.0 was OK, but I needed to fine tune a few things and needed a longer base (wood) for the cooler
Bought a cheapy Ozark, as I needed a new one and this got pretty good reviews. As long as it keeps my water cold for about 8 hours, I am good with it. We'll see.
Ended up taking the wheels and handle off the Harbor Freight Pelican knock off. Used those parts as a template for the holes to drill.
I used the same nuts that are "fused" into the bottom of the case. Dont think they are going to last very long before I just end up drilling holes and hard mounting the case. No biggie, done it on a few bikes.
Put a shelf on the very bottom, with the two nubs as guides. You cant see the push to release hood pin catch. I will take a better pic when I paint this thing. The last pic will show the "pin" part and how I mounted that.

Attachment Attached File

I still have some room on the backside of the wood base. I am thinking some sort of fold down shelf.......later......gotta work out the hinge aspect.
Attachment Attached File

I also need to cut out the foam for junk I need to keep in there.  It will hold 5 100 round boxes inbetween the wheel wells. Not sure If I want to set the foam up for more than that. Should be plenty and I can leave the rest in the car.
Got some tools and misc. spare parts, brushes, tools, squib rod, etc..  I need to sort out a hook to hold my belt if I get DQ'ed and end up running the score tablet. . Not sure what else, but I will have plenty of room. Maybe some snack slots so my energy bars and  beef jerky dont get crushed.
Attachment Attached File

This is the PIN part of the hood latch catch thing.
Took off the bag bungees and used those mount locations (bag bungees are serving a new purpose now too).  This is the ONLY thing I can leave on the cart, so it is not coming off without tools. I could have just duplicated the top bracket and used pins, but wheres the fun in that?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 10:38:24 PM EDT
[#36]
I mentioned the top catch....so here is that.

I went with the the same base as the bottom catch. I could not leave this one attached as when the cart folds up, crap goes in the bend, so....I had to mount that to the wood base.
Drill out the top bolt holes to use retaining pins. Imay end up with some T-Handle pins, just for looks........or not, I worry about that later.

I also mentioned the bag bungees......right? Well, This looks like ass compared to everything else, but Its what I have, and it works. Hopefully, it wont be so noticeable once I paint this.  If it is, I'll come up with something else.
These bungees hold down the cooler.

Attachment Attached File

I'll keep the pins in here for now.

Attachment Attached File

I like it so far.

Now for the big question..... does all this shit fit in the boot of a Kia Soul????

Link Posted: 7/28/2019 11:01:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Now......does it fit?

The box fits. I had limited height, and width, and depth. I was a bit worried about the right side of this. I was hoping I guessed right on the space I needed on that side of the boot. BARELY have it, maybe 1/2" at best.

Attachment Attached File

Its snug, but if I put these two in like this.......I got it made!
No folding down seats, no putting shit on my leather seats, and no fucking hitch mounts.
I can still fold over the cover and no one can see whats in there.
Yes, the hatch closes with no issues and no rubbing.

I LIKE IT!  

Attachment Attached File

Cooler probably wont ride here, but front passenger floor, or behind a seat. BUT, I can use that space for ammoes boxes or other crap.

Attachment Attached File

Never tell a man it cant be done and the naysayers can kiss muh butt

Link Posted: 7/29/2019 11:35:44 AM EDT
[#38]
anyone know where I can find a Resident Evil Umbrella Crop umbrella?
52" or bigger would be nice. Amazon has one of two that I can find and one is a handheld.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
From someone who has dropped a freezer baggy full of ammo, I do not recommend that method.
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 11:56:29 AM EDT
[#40]

I haven’t shot a match in years, is this style of cart out of vogue nowadays?
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#42]
well, I was a bit off on my time it takes to break it down and pack it up.

I am a disappoint

Gave the caddy a test run today..... I am really liking it
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 6:10:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
they are way too big to fit n the boot of the Kia, or it would be done already
View Quote
Like playin' just the tip with a midget
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 6:35:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
they are way too big to fit n the boot of the Kia, or it would be done already
I cant bottom out a midget......
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 9:51:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Great job!
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 9:21:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
well, I was a bit off on my time it takes to break it down and pack it up.

I am a disappoint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=287sq2iHv_c

Gave the caddy a test run today..... I am really liking it
View Quote
Vertical video... I'm not surprised.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 9:31:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 5:49:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Vertical video... I'm not surprised.
View Quote

By the time I got done, looked up....I yelled 'Wirlstar!!!!"..... my helper just looked like then and finally

We were not about to redo it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 7:14:56 PM EDT
[#49]
I did not really like the 600 rounds of ammo on the bottom of the box. Seemed to put a bit more weight on the front wheel than what I felt was an even balance.

So I made it better.

Moved it to the top of the box.
Added some magnetic strips to the lid to help free up some space for snacks and energy bars, or my backup pistol.

I think it is just about done.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 4:42:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Added a way to drag some rifle(s) around, and umbrella and a chair that I can sit in while wearing my comp belt rig.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top