Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 10:35:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cut those rear grandma fenders out!!!!
View Quote

@Ef4life

And drop the value $20K, no way.  There are not many uncuts around these days and mine is staying one of them
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 1:08:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

@Ef4life

And drop the value $20K, no way.  There are not many uncuts around these days and mine is staying one of them
View Quote

Worth it
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 12:44:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Small towns during car show weeks, you can drive practically anything around. Start pulling people over and fewer people start coming and spending money.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll take cars over a Ukraine thread any day.

The only frame off restoration piece I have had to deal with was such a pain I can see why you let yours go. My 39 Dodge is great to look at but impractical for a lot of the things I want to do. I've been trying to sell it, though the market for 1 1/2 ton trucks is significantly smaller than just about anything else right now.

https://i.imgur.com/pDHW7eV.jpg

I'd like to sell it and turn it into something more capable and interesting like this Mercedes firetruck that showed up at cars and coffee in Portland earlier this year. Seeing all the cool stuff that gets brought out for MogFest always gets me going as well.

https://i.imgur.com/Edy76KF.png

I like your truck a lot. A buddy wants to sell a 1960 Ford that was originally built as a fire truck for an airport. Unfortunately, he sold off the 300 gallon tank, hose, reel, etc. years ago.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/240604/B4C8D9B1-D192-482C-8355-11B2B7FBB1C6_jpe-2560479.JPG

Wouldn't have been DOT street legal anyway.....

Small towns during car show weeks, you can drive practically anything around. Start pulling people over and fewer people start coming and spending money.

Well I should say if the tanks had gas in them they wouldn't be legal, but if they were open and dry with no residue they should be ok. Just can't have a bulk gas tank over 120g without placards and all the rules that come along with it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 12:59:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well I should say if the tanks had gas in them they wouldn't be legal, but if they were open and dry with no residue they should be ok. Just can't have a bulk gas tank over 120g without placards and all the rules that come along with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only frame off restoration piece I have had to deal with was such a pain I can see why you let yours go. My 39 Dodge is great to look at but impractical for a lot of the things I want to do. I've been trying to sell it, though the market for 1 1/2 ton trucks is significantly smaller than just about anything else right now.

I'd like to sell it and turn it into something more capable and interesting like this Mercedes firetruck that showed up at cars and coffee in Portland earlier this year. Seeing all the cool stuff that gets brought out for MogFest always gets me going as well.

I like your truck a lot. A buddy wants to sell a 1960 Ford that was originally built as a fire truck for an airport. Unfortunately, he sold off the 300 gallon tank, hose, reel, etc. years ago.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/240604/B4C8D9B1-D192-482C-8355-11B2B7FBB1C6_jpe-2560479.JPG

It was a fire truck. Water tank.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 1:00:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wouldn't a 300 gallon tank on a truck built to use as a fire truck, be used as a water tank (or water and fire suppressing chemicals)?
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:26:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

330HP Twin Turbo V6

The new Bronco is actually better than I expected it to be. I bought it sight unseen and had never been in one.
View Quote

I'm liking mine so far.

I have a '69 Mustang that has seen 25 miles in the last two years.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:01:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm liking mine so far.

https://i.imgur.com/jp9vE2b.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/gkwmxk2.jpeg

I have a '69 Mustang that has seen 25 miles in the last two years.
View Quote

My 2 GTOs just sit, but I have almost 20,000 miles on my new Bronco in 9 months.  I really like it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:40:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
But, I don’t have to work on the new one. I’ve got too many cars to work on. Some have to go.
View Quote

I agree with you.

Fuck tach/dwell meter and a timing light.  I’m old, change the oil regularly, it will go $200k miles with one spark plug change.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:49:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Should have bought a Raptor Bronco.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:51:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It really is unbelievable where prices have gone…. I remember not long ago I could buy these all day long for <$10k.  Perfectly clean, old man owned, no rust.

I used to love them, still do actually.
View Quote

30 years will do that.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:14:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

30 years will do that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It really is unbelievable where prices have gone…. I remember not long ago I could buy these all day long for <$10k.  Perfectly clean, old man owned, no rust.

I used to love them, still do actually.

30 years will do that.

I had been looking at early broncos since I was old enough to consider a second project vehicle (early mid 200's). Non-swiss cheese early broncos have never been "cheap" and have only gone up.

Of course I say that as a young man starting out at the time and not a middle aged professional with significantly more disposable income available such as most people that seemed to have bought/own them.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:58:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Should have bought a Raptor Bronco.
View Quote

It’s just so I have something for the dunes. If I want to to drive something with power, I think my 805HP GT500 will scratch that itch.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 12:12:53 PM EDT
[#14]
@545days

Did you see my post about the fourth pedal?
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 1:58:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Bad trade, but you made someone really fucking happy.

Dream vehicle.  :(
View Quote
Facts are none of the Negative Nancy's here would have ponyied up $50K for the 73 plus the big dollars needed to keep her in cherry condition.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Facts are none of the Negative Nancy's here would have ponyied up $50K for the 73 plus the big dollars needed to keep her in cherry condition.
View Quote

There’s a significant amount of truth to this ^.

I’ve had my ‘51 Panel for sale for months, it’s even in the EE, for $25k. 429, C6, Camaro front clip, 9” rear end, etc., etc., etc… It’s a steal at that price and I get more strangers approaching me and wanting to talk about this Panel than any vehicle I drive, but nobody wants to pony up the cash for it.

$25k to drive something this damn cool. Hell, I’ve got at least $3k more than that into the build.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 2:23:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

330HP Twin Turbo V6

The new Bronco is actually better than I expected it to be. I bought it sight unseen and had never been in one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

can you even get a V8 option in the new ones?   if not you fucked up badly

330HP Twin Turbo V6

they fucked up... shoulda offered the same 5L motor in the GT.... what a joke.... pass
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 8:06:04 PM EDT
[#18]
So, I finally put a couple hundred miles on the new Bronco and in all honesty it’s probably going to spend most of its life sitting in a building. I’ll take it out in the dunes on occasion, but I don’t know when I would ever grab the keys to it for anything else. It only gets about 15 mpg, so I might as well drive my 2021 F350 Dually 4x4. Granted, I drive faster than most folks and squeeze every inch out of the passing lanes , but I drive the Dually the same way and get roughly the same mileage, and I much prefer the comfort of the Dually. I could put the 600 hp Mustang motor I have sitting on a stand in the Bronco and get just as good mileage.

What kind of MPG are the rest of you getting with the twin-turbo 2.7?
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 8:34:20 PM EDT
[#19]
I have the 2.3 in my badlands, but I swapped the 285/70R17 tires for taller skinnier 35x10.5s. The non-Sasquatch badlands are geared pretty low with the oem 33s. I'm averaging about 20 MPG.

Link Posted: 10/25/2022 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What kind of MPG are the rest of you getting with the twin-turbo 2.7?
View Quote

My in-dash calculation is 17.6 MPG with a mixture of highway/city over the last 450 miles. But, it left the factory on 30's and I'm running 33's without a speedometer calibration. My appointment to get that done is December 3. I run in "Normal" mode, but am going to try "Sport" mode for a while to see what locking out the top 2 gears will do for me.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

My in-dash calculation is 17.6 MPG with a mixture of highway/city over the last 450 miles. But, it left the factory on 30's and I'm running 33's without a speedometer calibration. My appointment to get that done is December 3. I run in "Normal" mode, but am going to try "Sport" mode for a while to see what locking out the top 2 gears will do for me.
View Quote

I got 15.9 going from the coast to the valley, over the Coastal Range, with nothing but myself and the wife in it. I’m interested to see the MPG when it’s loaded. I run non-ethanol in all my vehicles, except the Dually, so I was thinking the Bronco would be good for driving to the valley when I didn’t have to carry or pull anything big. The claimed MPG must have been attained going downhill in neutral.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 12:12:33 PM EDT
[#22]
I average 15-16 on the 900 mile trips I do with my squatched Bronco.  I also drive fast
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 12:25:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I average 15-16 on the 900 mile trips I do with my squatched Bronco.  I also drive fast
View Quote

Good, I guess, at least I know that’s the real world MPG. Again, I’d rather grab the keys to the Dually. The wife won’t drive it either, so it’s going to sit. She drives a f~king BMW M7? M9? that I refuse to get in. That’s almost as bad as driving a Porsche.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 12:28:37 PM EDT
[#24]
I average 16.5 in a 20 Raptor for the same trip.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 12:54:12 PM EDT
[#25]
I had a 78 full size Bronco, something broke without fail every week and it just got to the point I couldn't afford to keep it on the road.  I still miss the hell out of that thing.  You will regret this OP.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 1:03:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

they fucked up... shoulda offered the same 5L motor in the GT.... what a joke.... pass
View Quote

The 5.0 would be a no-go for the Bronco. Absolutely no low end grunt whatsoever. I don't want to have to floor my 4x4 to get torque.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 1:13:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I had a 78 full size Bronco, something broke without fail every week and it just got to the point I couldn't afford to keep it on the road.  I still miss the hell out of that thing.  You will regret this OP.
View Quote

I don’t regret it at all. In fact, I just found a Cobra kit car that I’m considering buying. I’m not happy with the color(blue) and I’m not thrilled about the BOSS 302 crate engine(fake BOSS), but I’d probably leave it in it and maybe have it wrapped.

I can’t afford a real Cobra, but I’d like to have the kit car to park in one room with my GT40 continuation car and my GT500. I think it would be a beautiful display.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 1:20:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lots have changed in the 44 years since then. Ford has better quality nowadays.

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 5:06:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I don’t regret it at all. In fact, I just found a Cobra kit car that I’m considering buying. I’m not happy with the color(blue) and I’m not thrilled about the BOSS 302 crate engine(fake BOSS), but I’d probably leave it in it and maybe have it wrapped.

I can’t afford a real Cobra, but I’d like to have the kit car to park in one room with my GT40 continuation car and my GT500. I think it would be a beautiful display.
View Quote

My cousin built a black one in 2019 on a Factory Five Racing  kit. It just has a built non-Boss 5.0L in it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 5:38:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Need both!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 5:39:57 PM EDT
[#31]
you will roast in hell for eternity
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:07:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

My cousin built a black one in 2019 on a Factory Five Racing  kit. It just has a built non-Boss 5.0L in it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’d probably go silver, maybe white. I can’t justify swapping engines right now, because I’ve still got to finish the Vicky…and the pickup!
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:09:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
you will roast in hell for eternity
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:12:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Why the crap would you sell a legit Bronco for a piece of crap new Bronco that will never be what your old Bronco was and would become.

The dummy award of 2022 goes to you!
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:19:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Why the crap would you sell a legit Bronco for a piece of crap new Bronco that will never be what your old Bronco was and would become.

The dummy award of 2022 goes to you!
View Quote

I didn’t sell the old Bronco, so that I could buy a new Bronco. I had no plans to buy a new Bronco. It’s just the kind of shit that happens if I start drinking bourbon too early in the afternoon.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Looks smaller than I imagined
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 6:37:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Looks smaller than I imagined
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 10:48:43 PM EDT
[#40]

The ‘31 Vicky and the ‘57 pickup are going to be my last two major restorations and I’m still not sure if I’m going to keep either one of them. They are a couple of my favorite Fords.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top