Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:26:12 PM EDT
[#1]
AND
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:26:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In Alaska along the arm the railroad is about 50' lower than the Seward Highway.  I was driving home the RR engine light was blinding, I turned my Lightforce 170mm lights on, the RR engine turned his light down from high beam to low.

LightForce Striker 170mm lights will give you all the light you need.

I ended up putting the split beam lens covers on mine, I'll called them my moose detectors, I could see moose before them get up on the road with them.  
View Quote

170’s are little.

210’s illuminate.

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:34:45 PM EDT
[#3]
You want a M-3 Canal Defense Light tank (or at least the lighting system from one).
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have brights battles with the same idiot daily. Leaves his brights on and has two additional lights installed near the grill not properly aimed.

I turned my brights on for him all the time. He now has a hand held spot light he lights me up with.

Nuclear powered laser death headlights sound like the right fix for me.

View Quote

Can you get a cop to standby?  Cop turns on the gumball (1960s term for the light as it was a single light and not a lightbar) and nails him for that spotlight.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:40:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Tired of getting my retinas fried with no way to retaliate.

What's the deal with the super bright LED headlight bulbs?

Any brand better that the rest?

View Quote

87 % of those idiots don't know how to dim their lights.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I can’t stand the bright ass headlights all these mattress stains are running on their vehicles nowadays. I meet some little flat-billed ball cap guy, I just go ahead and stop and wait for him to go on by… better than being in a wreck because I’m blinded.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:49:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:51:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:52:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Assholes.  That's what.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:53:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

@Capt_Kirks

From cars coming up from behind ?
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:55:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Aircraft landing lights aren't very expensive.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:55:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have brights battles with the same idiot daily. Leaves his brights on and has two additional lights installed near the grill not properly aimed.

I turned my brights on for him all the time. He now has a hand held spot light he lights me up with.

View Quote

Handful of pennies > spotlight

….in Minecraft.

PS:  I’m kidding.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:05:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
When you run in to assholes all day . . .
View Quote

I disapprove of your use of post 9000
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:05:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

@Capt_Kirks

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Capt_Kirks

I drive faster than anyone on that road at that time in the morning.

No, this is head on asshats.

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:06:13 PM EDT
[#15]
These

Look for the off road Only ones I you have halogen headlights

Attachment Attached File

As for people coming up behind

I just turn mirrors inward enough the light goes back in there face

Had a idiot last night in a jeep on rt127 going home riding my ass

He fell back quickly after I adjusted my mirrors
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:08:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You want a M-3 Canal Defense Light tank (or at least the lighting system from one).
View Quote

I actually know what that is and why it has that name.

Maybe I need a pair of Leigh Lights.

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:10:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like you’re in the market for the Weltool W4 Pro. 2,882,000 candela. Pretty much the apex of light wars.

https://www.weltool.com/page137?product_id=199

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:13:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You should put a roll bar on your pickup and put an off-road light bar full of those things on it.

View Quote

This.

So when you go 'fuck that asshole has his high beams on' and blast 'em with your high beams and then they hit you with their actual high beams and then you go to the light bar for the kill.  And hope they arent a cop or an asshole with even more lights on their light bar

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:16:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I'd rather have retina frying LED's facing out the back.

"I'm not driving fast enough for you in the left lane, douchebag tailgator?  Suck on this."
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:16:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I support OP’s efforts. It’s the American way.
View Quote

This!!! And I want to know which lights to get...
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I for one enjoy having to look over to the white edge line with my partially fried retinas to know where I’m at in my lane until I get past these clowns and then have dark spots in my vision for a few minutes. I’m just glad they’re able to see 5x further than they need to do they can feel safe.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:26:06 PM EDT
[#22]
6 on the front, two on the rear.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:28:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
In the 70's, I ran "air-craft landing lights" front and rear. I could throw them on for a second and people would dim there lights in front or behind me. You could see animals 300 Y away.This was on a semi-truck.
View Quote

I had a 74 F250 hiboy with a pair of 250W KCs and a pair of 100W landing lights on the front bumper. I was the god of light, at least for a little while. Stock 42 amp alternator wasn't up to the task.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:35:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I support OP’s efforts. It’s the American way.

Same, but I actually want them to see better on the dark empty road I travel on for hours. My old 94 Dodge Ram headlights aren't cutting it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Your not serious until you consider keeping a LEP in the console to signal other drivers.

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:12:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Meh...  Power of the sun and all that...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:13:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

They don't, though. I'm guessing your wanting to stick LED bulbs in halogen headlights?

People that do that should be hung from their toenails. Don't be that guy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:18:25 PM EDT
[#29]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/LED-Vehicle-Headlights-Should-Be-Banned-A-Public-Nuisance-On-Our-Roadways/5-2697330/?page=1

The OP should go post in this thread with the rest of the boomers. 99% of new vehicles come with LED lights from the factory as in OEM.

My Tacoma has LED headlights and fog lights. They're bright as hell. I love them. I also have a huge LED light bar in my grill. I never use it except on extremely rare occasions but I always turn it off to oncoming traffic.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:42:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:46:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

need that surefire light that mounted on a ma deuce. I read somewhere that special ops used one to signal a satellite. should be powerful enough to melt his paint at a half mile
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:57:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Do they make LEP headlights?

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 10:59:26 PM EDT
[#33]
I will literally stare into those nuclear powered death headlights trying to determine if someone has their brights on or not. If they don’t, I’m just like “fuck, why did I do that?”  If they do, they get mine back and I feel victorious.

Childish?  Yes. Worth it?  Absolutely.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:15:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Out of spec non Dot approved LED units from china, that retail for $40 a set!

Your average dipshit doesn't know, and/or care if they burn retinas or not.

But I agree op it sucks
View Quote

No the bright bulbs are Xenon HID BULBS, and they are not cheap.  It's what OP is seeking
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:18:04 PM EDT
[#35]
I use sealight and are happy with them
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:23:19 PM EDT
[#36]
2 52" led light bars in the grille oughta do the trick
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:23:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wire a cheap spot/flood lightbar on a piggyback fuse to your high beams, and an extra switch in your cab. It is… illuminating to see what you can see at night with78000 lumens pointing “thatah way” because you basically illuminate 180 degrees for 800 yards.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:26:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Another headlight thread huh.
I am one of those folks with way too bright lights. . I am only interested in maximizing the amount of light thrown out the front of my truck. I put led bulbs in aftermarket clear halogen housings and I adjusted my headlights to that my low beams are now middle beams. Halfway between low and high. My high beams are "in your face, mother fucker" beams now.
I also put a 4 foot wide fog light bar on the front of the truck hard wired with a relay to come on when I turn on the high beams, or alternatively I can manually turn it on with a switch at any time.

I did this for maximum light output but once in a while I must confess that when  the odd driver who gets a stick up their dick about my middle beams and decides to flash me their high's in anger. Oh you want to play that game? Ok pal let me turn on my "in your face mother fucker" beams for a while along with the 4 foot led fog light bar and see if you like that.  I will burn your retinas right out of the eye balls.

Why? Because I can. Besides, even my light setup pales in comparison to those fire trucks and other emergency vehicles. Now those mother fuckers know how to party with their lights. They put my lights to shame.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:39:12 PM EDT
[#39]
I kinda want to put a light bar on my volvo so I can end the highbeamers, END THEM WITH THE SUN.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:43:35 PM EDT
[#40]
This thread is relevant to my interests, but I need a spot beam in a 2.75" or so diameter housing.

Not for daily dickheadedness, but for the fuckers that can't respect a high beam flash from normal headlights.

Someone's going to start regulating these headlights with 00 buck one of these days....
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:43:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Only seen a few answers here to OP's question.  What you seek are the GTR Ultra 2.0 LED bulbs. I have them for headlights, high beams, and fog lights. Like a fucking candle going down the road!  Hitting shit drivers with the highs from behind it still lights up the inside of their vehicle during the daylight hours. Just make sure you have those projector type headlights so you can adjust the cutoff line. Regular lenses will scatter that light everywhere. They are expensive about $200 each. I waited for the fourth of July sale and got the rest during the black Friday sale at Headlight Revolution, if you can wait.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 12:09:21 AM EDT
[#42]
That deer in the headlights thing is a thing.

95% of the time the Rigid 275 watt light bar is covered. The two VisionX Light Cannons are canted outwards slightly with a small overlap in the middle. The headlights are also VisonX. The flood lamps in the bumper are JW Speaker. The A pillars are Rigid broad lights. The lights were the best available 8-years ago and are high performance with good patterns. The sole exception was with the light bar where I needed a dedicated driving light rather than the 97% of them that are combo (light up the hood) bars.

Most of the time the only thing I use are the headlights (duh) and the foglights that have an amazingly sharp cut off that fills in under the headlights very politely. The Light Cannons light up the sides of the road a quarter mile down the country roads I live on. The light bar puts out 275 watts of driving lights that are focused out to about a quarter mile and shine side-to-side across the typical 100' wide cut for a two-lane highway. It's amazing but the light cannons are brighter still.

Those lights were used in the desert to find the next trail and rock.

Never out drive your angels or your headlights my mom used to say.

Can we start a tread on rock lights?

Attachment Attached File

I've never been flashed for my headlights or the LED circus that I use off road and in controlled use on stretches of highway.

Link Posted: 2/2/2024 1:24:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Do they make LEP headlights?

https://i.postimg.cc/W1S8TnM2/pljoxwsslik71.jpg
View Quote

Yes. BMW has been using them for a while.

I missed out on the early Bi Laser assemblies for retrofitting.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 1:29:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

No the bright bulbs are Xenon HID BULBS, and they are not cheap.  It's what OP is seeking
View Quote

While HID setups are roughly 150% brighter than the brightest name brand PNP LED of gayness while in the legal 35w range (and 4500k) they are not expensive. I've done entire projector retrofits on OEM housings for $70 that rival many OEM projector setups. $70 was bixenon projector, 4500k HID bulbs, 35w ballasts, High beam splitter to use factory high beam as well and the harness adapter.

On the flip side I have ~$300 into the retrofit in my DD which is epic and does quad high beams. Sadly my demon eyes died a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 1:32:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Every other fucker on the road has them, why not?

Mutual Assured Destruction.

View Quote
Yeah: that guy with ultra-bright blue fuck-me-in-the-face lights ? Fuck you.
Even stock rigs have asshole lights these days, you don't even have to pay extra.
Fuckers.
( That said, standing by for answers. I want to mount My Retina-Scorchers in the  Daytime Running light sockets, and wire them to the horn relay,, sort of like an Optical  FUCK-YOOOUUU warning for deaf people. )
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 2:24:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I've been thinking of putting a light bar on the front, under the grill.
View Quote

An acquaintance put a train horn in his so he could say hello! to people.  They're friendly like that.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 2:32:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Twin Light bar mounted MA-DUECE for the win
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 3:38:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Lol at all the “bright stars” that think intentionally blinding oncoming traffic is a great idea.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 3:48:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

The future’s so Bright….
I built a long-range LASER turret in my yard!
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 3:49:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Another headlight thread huh.
I am one of those folks with way too bright lights. . I am only interested in maximizing the amount of light thrown out the front of my truck. I put led bulbs in aftermarket clear halogen housings and I adjusted my headlights to that my low beams are now middle beams. Halfway between low and high. My high beams are "in your face, mother fucker" beams now.
I also put a 4 foot wide fog light bar on the front of the truck hard wired with a relay to come on when I turn on the high beams, or alternatively I can manually turn it on with a switch at any time.

I did this for maximum light output but once in a while I must confess that when  the odd driver who gets a stick up their dick about my middle beams and decides to flash me their high's in anger. Oh you want to play that game? Ok pal let me turn on my "in your face mother fucker" beams for a while along with the 4 foot led fog light bar and see if you like that.  I will burn your retinas right out of the eye balls.

Why? Because I can. Besides, even my light setup pales in comparison to those fire trucks and other emergency vehicles. Now those mother fuckers know how to party with their lights. They put my lights to shame.
View Quote

Because fuck everyone else, right?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top