Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/12/2020 11:26:34 PM EDT
Party of today.

Now I'm no political scholar and I've had a few beers but that just don't sound right. Is that a correct statement?

I apologize for my ignorance if it is....
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:27:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Some idiot tried to tell me the parties flipped in the 50's.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:32:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Tell them we are the breakers of chains. The freedom givers  that championed civil rights. And we have sat by watching the dems steal our valor.  But  no more.

Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:32:41 PM EDT
[#3]
It's only because the leftists have been trying like hell to disavow their history as slavers, KKK organizers, Jim Crow law passers, and basically the party of racism and bigotry, and they want to blame all their own sordid history on the Republicans.

And the main reason why the leftists hate Candace Owens-Farmer with the passion of a thousand burning suns, is because she's a black woman who has the audacity to call them on it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:34:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I JUST had this conversation with a coworker a few days ago and almost posted a thread asking about it.

Can someone give a level headed explanation?
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:38:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Party of today.

Now I'm no political scholar and I've had a few beers but that just don't sound right. Is that a correct statement?

I apologize for my ignorance if it is....
View Quote
No, next question?
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:41:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I JUST had this conversation with a coworker a few days ago and almost posted a thread asking about it.

View Quote
The only way I’ve had it remotely explained to me is that before a certain time, The Dem party was for less gov control and the repubs were for more gov control. As far as I understand that is basically the only difference.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:41:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Watch the movie Death of a Nation by Dinesh D'Souza. It will answer all of your questions and arm you for arguments with idiots.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:43:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Watch the movie Death of a Nation by Dinesh D'Souza. It will answer all of your questions and arm you for arguments with idiots.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:46:30 PM EDT
[#9]
People who say such things have no idea what the platforms actually are of each party.

By that definition FDR was a Republican. Which would make any Republican do a spit take.

The following link is the Republican platform of 1952. I bet the vast majority of modern Republicans will still agree with it: https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/republican-party-platform-1952
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:46:40 PM EDT
[#10]
ask them why the democrats in the kkk all died in the democrat party and didn't switch? how come democrats filibustered and voted against the 1964 civil rights act? how come the first black democrat senator didn't come till 1993???
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:48:00 PM EDT
[#11]
There’s all sorts of claims about this, but zero record (including congressional record) of it ever happening.  Let alone that votes have been very consistently matching. Almost as if nothing swapped.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:48:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Lincoln was a what?
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:48:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
We were taught about the "realignment" in Political Science classes, as though sometime in the early '70's all the racists suddenly left the Democratic Party and decided to become Republican, and vise-versa.

It's bullshit.  The election results don't bear that theory out.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:49:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
+1million
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:52:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Tell them we are the breakers of chains. The freedom givers  that championed civil rights. And we have sat by watching the dems steal our valor.  But  no more.

View Quote
Thank you good sir..??
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:55:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Dinesh desusa has a great bit explaining how that’s a load of bullshit.  Party policy’s and party has absolutely not swapped.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:57:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:01:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:02:46 AM EDT
[#19]
One need only start a Civil War thread in GD to see that many of today’s Confederate sympathizers and supporters are on “our” side. One need only see how ugly those threads get to see that this in no way means anyone else flipped the other way. Are the types of people fighting to keep Confederate monuments up more likely to vote for Republicans or Democrats? How about those who want to take them down?

Good luck finding many Confederate Flag waving apologists for the Confederacy voting for Democrats these days.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:03:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Orwellian doublespeak, plain and simple
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:04:01 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
Why Did the Democratic South Become Republican? | 5 Minute Video
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:06:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:07:56 AM EDT
[#23]
I believe only 1 politician at the national level switched sides during the period that the Democrats claim that the parties switched ideologies.

It's a pants on the head stupid claim.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:08:07 AM EDT
[#24]
The Nazi party was disbanded after WW2, but the Democrat party was allowed to continue existing after the War of Southern Submission.

Does that seem right to you?
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:08:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The only way I’ve had it remotely explained to me is that before a certain time, The Dem party was for less gov control and the repubs were for more gov control. As far as I understand that is basically the only difference.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was always under the impression and been told that dems were for the little guy, the worker, etc and the Republicans were for big business types.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:09:55 AM EDT
[#26]
This is so easily disprovable that it is laughable.

You can trace the Southern Democrats in a clear lineage from the Confederacy, to Jim Crowe, to the losers of the Reconstruction "Bloody Shirt" Era, to the party that adopted the Populist Party's agricultural principles, straight through to FDR, LBJ's social reforms, and today.

This would be the unmistakable historical lineage.

The easier way to disprove them is to draw on the geographical lineage of the Democrats, until their liberal shift of the late 60s.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:10:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
One need only start a Civil War thread in GD to see that many of today’s Confederate sympathizers and supporters are on “our” side. One need only see how ugly those threads get to see that this in no way means anyone else flipped the other way. Are the types of people fighting to keep Confederate monuments up more likely to vote for Republicans or Democrats? How about those who want to take them down?

Good luck finding many Confederate Flag waving apologists for the Confederacy voting for Democrats these days.
View Quote
The Democrats modified their stated views to regain control over minorities,  the Republicans have never changed racial ideology.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:14:36 AM EDT
[#28]
The Inconvenient Truth About the Democratic Party | 5 Minute Video
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:16:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The Democrats may have modified their ideology,  the Republicans did not. Nice try though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Democrats may have modified their ideology,  the Republicans did not. Nice try though.
What specifically did I post that is incorrect?
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:16:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Holy tardnation
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:24:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This is so easily disprovable that it is laughable.

You can trace the Southern Democrats in a clear lineage from the Confederacy, to Jim Crowe, to the losers of the Reconstruction "Bloody Shirt" Era, to the party that adopted the Populist Party's agricultural principles, straight through to FDR, LBJ's social reforms, and today.

This would be the unmistakable historical lineage.

The easier way to disprove them is to draw on the geographical lineage of the Democrats, until their liberal shift of the late 60s.
View Quote
Basically, the DNC has worked to control wherever the money was since its Jacksonian inception; first the Southern plantations, then the Midwest industrial districts, then the coastal banking hubs, abandoning each as they lost their influence (or as DNC policies used up & destroyed them, depending on your view).  Power-hungry tyrants won't waste their time on people of no consequence, "party of the little guy" notwithstanding.

The modern service economy has necessarily concentrated an enormous share of the US economy into urban areas...surprise-surprise, those are the only areas the DNC gives a damn about, anymore.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:27:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Communist operatives started shaping policy in the 1930s under Roosevelt. Now the communists are firmly in control of the democrat leadership positions. One even had his honeymoon in Moscow and made trips to Venezuela to praise Chavez. #breadlinebernie
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:27:56 AM EDT
[#33]
The Democrats will do anything to keep their slaves.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:29:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
I can provide one but I'd venture it would be ignored in the stead of the prevailing groupthink.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:31:44 AM EDT
[#35]
At one time the democrats were liberal, not progressive. Liberalism is a great thing. Progressivism is not. The party of FDR adopted the term liberal since progressive at the time was seen as liberal is today. The parties did eventually flip when it comes to ideology. However, the argument is when it ocurred and how it ultimately took place.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:31:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
+1million
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1million
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:32:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
They did flip.

The democrats flipped to communism, and the Republicans flipped to globalism.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:35:40 AM EDT
[#38]
If there is an honest to god civil war, I really think that the vast, VAST majority of politicians would be scared shitless to pull the shit democrats are pulling today.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:36:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
At some point, several decades ago, they both became simply different sides of the same globalist/corrupt coin. maybe farther back than that.

You can look at the Federal reserve as a big jumping off point point, but it likely goes back to the very founding of this country if you look hard enough.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:39:22 AM EDT
[#40]
The Republican Party was the party that freed slaves and championed civil rights.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:41:50 AM EDT
[#41]
The parties "switched" (political realignment) in the 60's.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:50:39 AM EDT
[#42]

Because our education system is teaching lies.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:52:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
They did flip.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They did flip.

Before the flip, Republicans where communists and Dims where globalists?
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:59:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Basically, the DNC has worked to control wherever the money was since its Jacksonian inception; first the Southern plantations, then the Midwest industrial districts, then the coastal banking hubs, abandoning each as they lost their influence (or as DNC policies used up & destroyed them, depending on your view).  Power-hungry tyrants won't waste their time on people of no consequence, "party of the little guy" notwithstanding.

The modern service economy has necessarily concentrated an enormous share of the US economy into urban areas...surprise-surprise, those are the only areas the DNC gives a damn about, anymore.
View Quote
What?

I have no idea where you heard this, but this is not correct.

There existed no "DNC" during the Civil War. (at least not in the contemporary sense)

Republicans controlled the industrial regions during the Industrial Revolution. Political Party stances on Tariffs are but one example that verify this.

Banking was traditionally a NorthEastern, Republican mainstay until well into the 20th century.

The last part is somewhat correct, but you are vastly understating the social realities that led to the urbanization of the parties.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 1:01:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not a whole lot of explanation needed.

There is a continuous line running through the Dems from start to finish; no "flipping" or other such bullshit.   It's just that they hit up a lot of crazy and crooked along the way.

They're in the state they're in today for two reasons:

- A deliberate decision to ghettoize black populations in order to create a demographic they can pander to, which really took off under Johnson.

- Progressivism evolving into a political ideology that really isn't about anything other than coming out on top.   Raw power, no matter the reason - and they've turned their pants-on-head craziness and lack of consistency in everything else into a political weapon.   I've explained this many times before - the leaders engage in dick-measuring against each other by seeing who can steer the followers into the most batshit positions, the true believers complete with each other by furiously denouncing each other as not batshit enough (or an outdated flavor of batshit), and the poor normals get a target painted on their back by virtue of not being batshit, and get coerced into compliance.

Those two elements together led to minority urban interests becoming a large force in the party; first through simply voting demographics, and later as part of their ongoing internal SJW circular firing squad.

Contrast this to the primary change in the GOP over its history - the spreading cancer of fake conservative shills financed by progressive opposition, using them to try to mold the party into a permanent opposition.

If you want a stark data point from the post-war period, look at who was on what side for the Battle of Athens.  (TN, not Greece)  Same shit, same party, different days.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 1:03:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
At one time the democrats were liberal, not progressive. Liberalism is a great thing. Progressivism is not. The party of FDR adopted the term liberal since progressive at the time was seen as liberal is today. The parties did eventually flip when it comes to ideology. However, the argument is when it ocurred and how it ultimately took place.
View Quote
Progressivism was, at one time, a national obsession during the post-IR era. Indeed, its origins begin in the IR period.

Initially, it was largely a very positive thing, one that benefited society and still does. The rise of EXCESSIVE government overreach finds its origins during the 1930s. While it was certainly increasing from the IR era until the 30s, its real origins as we know it today belong to FDR.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 1:05:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 1:49:40 AM EDT
[#48]
"These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they have something now that they've never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we have to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something,just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference." - Lyndon Baines Johnson

"I'll have those N****** voting democrat for the next 200 years." - Also Lyndon Baines Johnson

Does anyone here still think slavery ended with the civil war? The dems have a "new" plantation. It's called WELFARE, FOOD STAMPS and SECTION 8 HOUSING. Like LBJ said in the first quote, Just enough to quiet them down and not enough to make a difference.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 2:13:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 2:18:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Attachment Attached File

Republicans FORCED the democrats to change their evil ways. They had no choice but to use blacks in other ways. American blacks now pick ballots instead of cotton for the dems to retain power over other people.  /thread.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top