Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Interesting Ruski stuff (Page 9 of 78)
Page / 78
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 5:26:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I remember seeing this from I-5 while driving by. Random-ass former Czech MiG-21 that used to sit outside Jet Chevrolet in Federal Way, WA.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 5:34:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ironhandjohn:

Bald & Bankrupt’s Belarus videos show some of that. I noticed that the vodka bottles are smaller, like the size of beer bottles, and someone pointed out that over there they drink vodka like it’s beer.

A drinking contest between Russians & Sioux would be a lot of fun until we started killing each other. Two cultures with massive alcoholism issues & long-held inferiority complexes trading shots for shots? What could possible go wrong?
View Quote

My Finlander relatives want in on that action. Not even the ojibwe will drink with them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 6:53:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By swede1986:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/135411/HVM_000135_jpg-1584564.JPG

We also bought a metric shitload of these. It's a Belarussian Gen 1 NVG.

It was issued to the Home Guard. We still have them, but no one wants to use them so they sit in storage.

It's the worst shit you can imagine.
View Quote

Do not look through these crap for a longer time, a friend bought one and used it for hog hunting. He had a square "sunburn" in his face and even worse a ultraviolet keratitis after using it for 30 minutes.

Link Posted: 9/9/2020 6:58:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

Do not look through these crap for a longer time, a friend bought one and used it for hog hunting. He had a square "sunburn" in his face and even worse a ultraviolet keratitis after using it for 30 minutes.

View Quote

Seriously?  
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 7:05:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MshakeMO:

Seriously?  
View Quote

Yes, seriously. He spent the rest of the night in the ER.

Link Posted: 9/9/2020 7:18:34 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MshakeMO:

Seriously?  

So, you need sunscreen and sunglasses to use early commie night vision?
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 7:35:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: crzapy] [#7]
Russian stuff has always fascinated me.
It's like hillbillies mixed with mad scientists.

Wheeled stuff:
Btr80 and BRDM
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/9/2020 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#8]
They also like crazy multi rotor helos.
Attachment Attached File

Kamov transport

Attachment Attached File

KA50 attack helicopter

Attachment Attached File

????
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 7:39:21 PM EDT
[#9]
their harrier ripoff the yak
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/9/2020 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Finally...

Is it a pillbox on top of a giant ferris wheel....

The Tsar tank!
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/9/2020 7:41:03 PM EDT
[#11]

I always thought the Huskie looked like something the Russians would have built.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 8:01:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

My Finlander relatives want in on that action. Not even the ojibwe will drink with them.
View All Quotes

Bald & Bankrupt’s Belarus videos show some of that. I noticed that the vodka bottles are smaller, like the size of beer bottles, and someone pointed out that over there they drink vodka like it’s beer.

A drinking contest between Russians & Sioux would be a lot of fun until we started killing each other. Two cultures with massive alcoholism issues & long-held inferiority complexes trading shots for shots? What could possible go wrong?

Russians, Sioux, AND Finns pounding drinks?

What would be the agreed-upon beverage? The Russians would want vodka, my people aren’t terribly picky, but what do the Finns drink? Vodka that smells like bitch bark and cedar?
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 9:13:30 PM EDT
[#13]

I understand the K-27 family have pretty impressive  lift capabilities.

Bottom pic is the Mil V-12, largest helicopter ever built.

Link Posted: 9/9/2020 9:22:48 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:
Originally Posted By stoner01:
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:
https://i.redd.it/hld10phfl3221.png

What. The fuck. Is that?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caspian_Sea_Monster

“The KM began operation in 1966, and was continuously tested by the Soviet Navy until 1980, when it was damaged in a testing accident and sank in the Caspian Sea.”

Of course!
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 9:24:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#15]

What would be the agreed-upon beverage? The Russians would want vodka, my people aren’t terribly picky, but what do the Finns drink? Vodka that smells like bitch bark and cedar?
View All Quotes

If it’s alcoholic and makes you want to knife somebody, it’s probably good to go. It’s likely the Finns will go after the Russians first, then each other, so the Sioux should get a front row seat to a decent show.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 11:48:03 AM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/135411/HVM_000135_jpg-1584564.JPG

We also bought a metric shitload of these. It's a Belarussian Gen 1 NVG.

It was issued to the Home Guard. We still have them, but no one wants to use them so they sit in storage.

It's the worst shit you can imagine.

I've used them all through the night when I was in the guards. They're pretty damn useless though.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

Finns will drink vodka, paint thinner, nail-polish remover etc, as long as it's free.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 12:12:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dominion21] [#18]
Originally Posted By crzapy:
Finally...

The Tsar tank!
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/231252/tsar-tank-on-a-field_jpg-1584900.JPG
View Quote

The bizarre Tsar tank shows a Russian propensity to think outside the box (often to a disastrous degree!).

Here is another pre-communism weapon system idea that did not work out terribly well for the Russians:

A completely circular battleship:

Link Posted: 9/10/2020 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Finns will drink vodka, paint thinner, nail-polish remover etc, as long as it's free.
View All Quotes

I was going to say, judging from my experiences Finns will drink anything with alcohol...

Though....I think Russians will too lol
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 1:36:27 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Before, during, or after sauna?
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 1:40:03 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

Yes
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 1:42:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Tu-2 with 88 PPSh-41 submachine guns in the bomb bay.

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/instant-articles/hedgehog.html

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 1:46:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Yes
View All Quotes

Yes

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/10/2020 1:51:41 PM EDT
[#24]

If it’s alcoholic and makes you want to knife somebody, it’s probably good to go. It’s likely the Finns will go after the Russians first, then each other, so the Sioux should get a front row seat to a decent show.
View Quote

Wouldn't the Sioux be passed out by then? I never thought NA claim to fame was holding their liquor, rather that they couldn't. Which is understandable.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 2:21:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Yes
View All Quotes

Yes

Your proposition is acceptable.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 3:10:20 PM EDT
[#26]

This Insane Helicopter Was The Largest Ever Built: The Mil V-12 Story
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Any grain alcohol where alcohol content is 80%+, mixed with ammonium chloride.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 4:05:47 PM EDT
[#28]

I was going to say, judging from my experiences Finns will drink anything with alcohol...

View All Quotes

And so will the Sioux.

Well, not me, not anymore.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 10:01:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Dominion21:

The bizarre Tsar tank shows a Russian propensity to think outside the box (often to a disastrous degree!).

Here is another pre-communism weapon system idea that did not work out terribly well for the Russians:

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-aIF8ZjEp7Wk/XY7lZ40iOKI/AAAAAAAAiZg/x6L8SKppSLY4Bt6FLwj2dEhA0BwrH4GUgCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/novgorod-circular-ship-2.jpg

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.wh9utsjisFrWJKyP_5EBCwHaE7%26pid%3DApi&f=1
View Quote

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_monitor_Novgorod
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 11:40:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#30]

And so will the Sioux.

View Quote

Since you don’t drink anymore, I have to drink more to keep the universe in balance.  Drinking doesn’t make me want to kill anybody, though, so I must have caught a recessive gene from my Finnish grandmother.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 11:58:26 AM EDT
[#31]

Since you don’t drink anymore, I have to drink more to keep the universe in balance.  Drinking doesn’t make me want to kill anybody, though, so I must have caught a recessive gene from my Finnish grandmother.
View All Quotes

And so will the Sioux.

I was a funny, jovial, back-slapping, good-natured drunk, until it was like a switch was thrown inside me. And drinking with my reservation brethren showed me that I was a mild, ‘two sips of wine cooler and I’m drunk’ city-kid amateur compared to them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 3:19:05 PM EDT
[#32]

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-aIF8ZjEp7Wk/XY7lZ40iOKI/AAAAAAAAiZg/x6L8SKppSLY4Bt6FLwj2dEhA0BwrH4GUgCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/novgorod-circular-ship-2.jpg

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.wh9utsjisFrWJKyP_5EBCwHaE7%26pid%3DApi&f=1
View All Quotes
Finally...

The Tsar tank!
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/231252/tsar-tank-on-a-field_jpg-1584900.JPG

what the hell is it?
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 6:52:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By togadelic:

what the hell is it?
View Quote

The wiki was hilarious.    Couldn't overcome river currents.   Spins uncontrollably when firing.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 6:20:23 AM EDT
[#34]
OPFOR:

Leopard 1

Leopard 2

M1 Abrams

M60

Link Posted: 9/13/2020 10:49:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Huh. For some reason it never occurred to me that they would have VISMODs too. Leo 1 looks like it's based on a T-34.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 11:37:27 AM EDT
[#36]

Centurion

Kanonenjagdpanzer

Leopard 1

M60?

Leopard 1

Strv 103

Leopard 2

Challenger
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 6:37:36 AM EDT
[#37]

BTM, a high speed trenching machine.

More info and some pics.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 7:34:57 AM EDT
[#38]

That's really cool. I had never seen their OPFOR trainers before.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 8:51:19 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

It’s easy to spot Finns in Tallinn: anyone with a wheeled cart piled high with booze.

I tell anyone who wants to visit Helsinki to stay here and take the ferry over,it’s just that much cheaper and Finnish seagulls have to be experienced to understand. I’m convinced they’re a Soviet bio weapon project.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 4:18:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 3:38:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#43]
https://i.imgur.com/jGftPZC.gif
View Quote

I kept waiting for the part when it loads the gunner's arm.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 8:42:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#44]
View Quote

Where is the animation of the assistant gunner’s arm being ripped off?

Damnit. Nearly 4 hrs

@Maccrage
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 9:04:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:

Damnit. Nearly 4 hrs

@Maccrage
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:

Damnit. Nearly 4 hrs

@Maccrage

Link Posted: 9/17/2020 12:03:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Thread must live.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 6:00:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Maccrage:

I kept waiting for the part when it loads the gunner's arm.
View Quote

Clearing mines with a jet engine? Hold my vodka!

Progvev-T
Gasdynamic Trawler Experimental military mine clearer

A Mig-15 jet engine and shank ripper are fitted to allow blast pressure and heat to disable mines.

Link Posted: 9/20/2020 8:56:51 AM EDT
[#48]
With all this RBG BS going on, something different: They screwed a tank behind a muzzle brake.

ASU-57, displayed in Kubinka Tank Museum. Photo taken on September 23, 2006.

ASU-57
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 9:34:00 AM EDT
[#49]

Rockets on a tank? Why not?

Link Posted: 9/20/2020 9:48:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Russian stuff has always fascinated me.
It's like hillbillies mixed with mad scientists.

Wheeled stuff:
Btr80 and BRDM
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/231252/008f647c11c870db01306c665ce4a4cd_jpg-1584882.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/231252/unnamed_jpg-1584884.JPG
View Quote

So true - currently my favorite thread - pls send more crazy vodka induced engineering
Page / 78
Interesting Ruski stuff (Page 9 of 78)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top