Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:07:20 AM EDT
[#1]
People predict the end of the world since man 1st walked the earth.

Hasn’t happened yet..
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can we we change the sub forum designation "General Discussion" to "General Doom"? I mean, if we do that, we can still colloquially refer to it as "GD".

View Quote
how bout some doom flair tags for threads?
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:08:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yep.
"Obama's going to suspend elections and declare martial law!"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
According to GD, America is going to fall every 4 years.

Yep.

Hmmmm partially correct. Him and his Progressive's are behind what's going on now. Now run along comrade and be a good little bee.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

The main problem, is people have this Hollywood Movie driven view of the world.   If it can’t be experienced in 2 hours, it’s un-interesting and didn't happen.    They are also myopic and narcissistic: I can afford $150 at the grocery store, a $70,000 truck and a $500,000 house, so what’s the problem?  
If they aren’t rotting in a Federal prison, they don’t care about those who are.  

Mainly, The Doomers suffered from a Lack of imagination.    Nobody predicted what the FED was capable of during TARP and CovidBucks.  
Nobody predicted people would get fired for refusing a vax.
Nobody predicted the Mask Mandates, or shutdowns, or paying people not to Work.  

My Children’s America will not resemble America as I knew it.    “Doom” is just another word for Change.   Unwelcomed and unforseen Change.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:17:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The main problem, is people have this Hollywood Movie driven view of the world.   If it can’t be experienced in 2 hours, it’s un-interesting and didn't happen.    They are also myopic and narcissistic: I can afford $150 at the grocery store, a $70,000 truck and a $500,000 house, so what’s the problem?  
If they aren’t rotting in a Federal prison, they don’t care about those who are.  

Mainly, The Doomers suffered from a Lack of imagination.    Nobody predicted what the FED was capable of during TARP and CovidBucks.  

My Children’s America will not resemble America as I knew it.    “Doom” is just another word for Change.   Unwelcomed and unforseen Change.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

^^^^^^^^^^
A very well thought out response. Thank you man. It's truly appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
2024 is here.

The USA is 34 trillion in debt it can't repay.  Millions of illegal aliens are flooding into the country monthly, all the government including (R) wants them here.  BRICS is going to cause issues for the dollar.  The middle east is on fire.  The USA's military power is waning.  The economy has issues, inflation is high.   China is more and more militant.  The list goes on and on.

Is 2024 when America Falls?  4

Or is it all just DOOM and everything is ok?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdMFXwKbraI
View Quote

None of it makes sense to me, at least America’s economic “resilience”, but the arfcom investors here scream “supply and demand, how do it work”, and the stock market at least is still trucking along. So there’s that. My gut feeling is the stonk market is fake and with all the global shit all it needs is one major thing to collapse it. Til then I’m cashing checks.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The main problem, is people have this Hollywood Movie driven view of the world.   If it can't be experienced in 2 hours, it's un-interesting and didn't happen.    They are also myopic and narcissistic: I can afford $150 at the grocery store, a $70,000 truck and a $500,000 house, so what's the problem?  
If they aren't rotting in a Federal prison, they don't care about those who are.  

My Children's America will not resemble America as I knew it.    "Doom" is just another word for Change.   Unwelcomed and unforseen Change.  
View Quote
years from now you'll look back and realize 2024 was the salad days.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:32:07 AM EDT
[#8]
If some are correct, 2024 to 2031 is the 70th week of Daniel, Jacobs trouble, last 7 years, the Tribulation, etc.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Nah, 2024 isn’t the collapse, we are more in a very slow motion Hans Gruber style fall.

The elites got smart this time around.

They learned to patiently boil the frog.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:46:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nah, 2024 isn't the collapse, we are more in a very slow motion Hans Gruber style fall.

The elites got smart this time around.

They learned to patiently boil the frog.
View Quote
come out to da coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The main problem, is people have this Hollywood Movie driven view of the world.   If it can't be experienced in 2 hours, it's un-interesting and didn't happen.    They are also myopic and narcissistic: I can afford $150 at the grocery store, a $70,000 truck and a $500,000 house, so what's the problem?  
If they aren't rotting in a Federal prison, they don't care about those who are.  

My Children's America will not resemble America as I knew it.    "Doom" is just another word for Change.   Unwelcomed and unforseen Change.  

It was, and is.    Do you realize your Arfcom Millionaire schtick was originally “Six Figures Income”?.      What used to be unbelievable-satire 20 years ago, is now regular middle-class Joe salary.     We have auto mechanics making a buck-fiddy.       An Optimist calls that progress.     A Realist sees it for what it is.  

The biggest irony, is it’s easy to ignore the future when you don’t have children.     But, self imposed Extinction is the greatest Doom there is.  

Is genocide, Genocide, when it’s voluntary?       IDK, but it’s most effective.     When the Khans or Stalin, or Hitler did it, small populations would squirt away and re-populate elsewhere.  

When an entire Nation is convinced to not breed?    That culture disappears.  Forever.      

Not doom.    Just change.

Others will benefit from our demise.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It was, and is.    Do you realize your Arfcom Millionaire schtick was originally "Six Figures Income"?.      What used to be unbelievable-satire 20 years ago, is now regular middle-class Joe salary.     We have auto mechanics making a buck-fiddy.       An Optimist calls that progress.     A Realist sees it for what it is.  
View Quote
yes, i know that.

that's why i bumped "typical arfcom millionaire" to "typical arfcome billionaire."

duh.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:59:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:00:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Laughs in fats people everywhere. America isn’t going down. We are the land of surplus and nobody can take it from us.
View Quote

Ummmm….
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:02:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
yes, i know that.

that's why i bumped "typical arfcom millionaire" to "typical arfcome billionaire."

duh.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was, and is.    Do you realize your Arfcom Millionaire schtick was originally "Six Figures Income"?.      What used to be unbelievable-satire 20 years ago, is now regular middle-class Joe salary.     We have auto mechanics making a buck-fiddy.       An Optimist calls that progress.     A Realist sees it for what it is.  
yes, i know that.

duh.

Yep, fwiw, yer murdering it through sheer repetition/over exposure, and senseless hyperbolic inflation.   Satire is best when it resembles the truth.   Like a mirror in a funhouse, or a caricature drawing.    When there’s no resemblance, it ceases to be witty or interesting.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:03:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The biggest irony, is it's easy to ignore the future when you don't have children.     But, self imposed Extinction is the greatest Doom there is.  
Is genocide, Genocide, when it's voluntary?       IDK, but it's most effective.     When the Khans or Stalin, or Hitler did it, small populations would squirt away and re-populate elsewhere.  

When an entire Nation is convinced to not breed?    That culture disappears.  Forever.      
View Quote

Children of Men Opening Scene
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:04:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yep, fwiw, yer murdering it through repetition and senseless inflation.   Satire is best when it resembles the truth.   Like a mirror in a funhouse, or a caricature drawing.    When there's no resemblance, it ceases to be witty or interesting.
View Quote
you're not the typical GD billionaire?

*le sad*
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:05:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, doom and gloom.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:07:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:08:00 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The biggest irony, is it's easy to ignore the future when you don't have children.     But, self imposed Extinction is the greatest Doom there is.  
Is genocide, Genocide, when it's voluntary?       IDK, but it's most effective.     When the Khans or Stalin, or Hitler did it, small populations would squirt away and re-populate elsewhere.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSdL1zeOfdk

I’ve watched it a couple times, but never saw the beginning.    Need to watch it with the wife.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:08:46 PM EDT
[#21]
If the Uniparty gets the amnesty for the illegals then it's over with. That isn't just a possibility with Biden, Neocon Niki would also do it. That will hand the Democrats the Whitehouse and Congress in perpetuity. Realistically if the mass deportations don't happen the amnesty will be inevitable.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:08:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I've watched it a couple times, but never saw the beginning.    Need to watch it with the wife.
View Quote
it's a very "up" documentary.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:09:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Yes
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:10:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Omg, FFS... When did everyone become such doomers?  Y'all love doomers rage bait... Did anybody take history?  Stop acting like this shit is new, our country has been thru worse, the world has been thru worse... Calm down Karen's...
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:11:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

It sucks to be a generation that spends their 80 years in the hard times; I pity the young adults starting a family now...

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:12:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Omg, FFS... When did everyone become such doomers?  Y'all love doomers rage bait... Did anybody take history?  Stop acting like this shit is new, our country has been thru worse, the world has been thru worse... Calm down Karen's...
View Quote

couple years from now whilst sitting in a trench full of frozen mud/frozen blood/snow/frozen bodies of your dead comrades as a conscript in WWIII in da ukraine in da winter for president AOC and down to just your dull knife and a fucking e-tool you'll look back and realize that 2024 was the salad days.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:16:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

*le sad*
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, fwiw, yer murdering it through repetition and senseless inflation.   Satire is best when it resembles the truth.   Like a mirror in a funhouse, or a caricature drawing.    When there's no resemblance, it ceases to be witty or interesting.

*le sad*

It sucks that we don’t have a name for “in between Millionaire and Billionaire”.    Multi-millionaire might be just 2 or 3m.  It’s so common and means little these days.    

“Ten Millionaire” and “hundred millionaire” is getting somewhere, but those phrases are just clumsy and unusable.  

It also pisses me off that we have no word between “Inflation” and “Hyper-Inflation”        I’ve used “Mega-Inflation” but it hasn’t caught on.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:18:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It sucks that we don't have a name for "in between Millionaire and Billionaire".    Multi-millionaire might be just 2 or 3m.  It's so common and means little these days.    

"Ten Millionaire" and "hundred millionaire" is getting somewhere, but those phrases are just clumsy and unusable.  

It also pisses me off that we have no word between "Inflation" and "Hyper-Inflation"        I've used "Mega-Inflation" but it hasn't caught on.
View Quote
three million is a house in town these days, brosef.

best go be poor somewhere else.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:21:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Calm down.

Do you realize 95% of the “Doom” guys are saying that word as Satire?

If they type it as DOOM, 99.9% it’s being used in a satirical context.    I shouldn’t have to spell that out, yet here we are.    

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:22:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Ain't nobody got time for dat.

It's NFL game day.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:29:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It sucks that we don't have a name for "in between Millionaire and Billionaire".    Multi-millionaire might be just 2 or 3m.  It's so common and means little these days.    

"Ten Millionaire" and "hundred millionaire" is getting somewhere, but those phrases are just clumsy and unusable.  

It also pisses me off that we have no word between "Inflation" and "Hyper-Inflation"        I've used "Mega-Inflation" but it hasn't caught on.

Close..1.2m house and 1.8m investments is very common.    ..approaching it quickly, yet still can’t afford a $240,000 Porcha, so I know for fact we’ve got a lot of 4+Millionairs.  
We also have several 100’s millionairs.   It’s not the initial cost of a Corporate jet that’s impressive, it’s the hourly operating cost.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:31:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Calm down.

Do you realize 95% of the "Doom" guys are saying that word as Satire?

If they type it as DOOM, 99.9% it's being used in a satirical context.    I shouldn't have to spell that out, yet here we are.    

View Quote
doom.gif

@KILLERB6
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:32:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Ain't nobody got time for dat.

It's NFL game day.
View Quote
bread and circuses.

a nice distraction for 87% of mericans seeing that they're low IQ and easily entertained.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:37:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol. I did.

When I first saw the china flu stuff in the news and what china was doing I said we will be forced to do that too, wear masks and kill our economy.

When the clot shot was being first talked about I said I would likely be fired for non compliance to the clot shot and masks. I was nearly fired over the mask bullshit and if my employer has pushed the clot shot I would have been fired.

As for people being paid to not work, we already do that. It's called welfare.

I figured totalitarian BS would appear, just wasn't quite sure how until the china flu hit the media. It's always just a matter of time before someone decides they need power over someone else.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:39:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
doom.gif

@KILLERB6
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Calm down.

Do you realize 95% of the "Doom" guys are saying that word as Satire?

If they type it as DOOM, 99.9% it's being used in a satirical context.    I shouldn't have to spell that out, yet here we are.    

doom.gif

@KILLERB6

Being able to “get” satire is a Superpower around here.     …and then we have people like you, who can only communicate through Satire.  

It makes things weird and interesting for normies like me, but I try to help translate when I can.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:40:34 PM EDT
[#37]
When America falls?

I think if we are just speaking of the concept of America then that would definitely depend on where you draw the line.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:49:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Being able to "get" satire is a Superpower around here.      and then we have people like you, who can only communicate through Satire.  

It makes things weird and interesting for normies like me, but I try to help translate when I can.  
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:49:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
When America falls?

I think if we are just speaking of the concept of America then that would definitely depend on where you draw the line.
View Quote
what kind of merican are you?
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Lol. I did.

When I first saw the china flu stuff in the news and what china was doing I said we will be forced to do that too, wear masks and kill our economy.

When the clot shot was being first talked about I said I would likely be fired for non compliance to the clot shot and masks. I was nearly fired over the mask bullshit and if my employer has pushed the clot shot I would have been fired.

I figured totalitarian BS would appear, just wasn't quite sure how until the china flu hit the media. It's always just a matter of time before someone decides they need power over someone else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. I did.

That’s Not what I was talking about.     I’ve been reading the Survivalist Community/Economic Doomer stuff for 25 years.  I prefer the serious, educational stuff over the outlandish, but I read it all.    I’ve also read all the Historical Doom since the Younger Dryas impact.    I guess growing up during hot part of the cold war, made me fascinated by it?       But from a historical perspective, not a self-centered one.    Our individual lives are short and brutish in good times and bad.

Predicting a Doom, when it’s already happening in China, isn’t really much prognostication at all.    Incidentally, I did call the Doom of the Stock Market a month out, but I was off by a couple weeks and didn’t time the rebound perfectly.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:53:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Tag to prepare.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:54:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
i was looking forward to getting fired for not getting the thing for the thing.

52 weeks of unemployment, lawyer up, get a nice wrongful termination settlement.

plus i need a fucking break from work.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:59:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Can we we change the sub forum designation "General Discussion" to "General Doom"? I mean, if we do that, we can still colloquially refer to it as "GD".

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:00:14 PM EDT
[#44]
America fell when the north won the civil war. That cemented federal government control of our country over states rights.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:01:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Summer of 2026.  Civil war 2.0
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:01:58 PM EDT
[#46]
lol.  Something that the doomers fail to realize, you think the politicians, who make the rules, will follow the rules to their own financial ruin?

They just make new rules.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:02:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
2024 is here.

The USA is 34 trillion in debt it can't repay.  Millions of illegal aliens are flooding into the country monthly, all the government including (R) wants them here.  BRICS is going to cause issues for the dollar.  The middle east is on fire.  The USA's military power is waning.  The economy has issues, inflation is high.   China is more and more militant.  The list goes on and on.

Is 2024 when America Falls?  4

Or is it all just DOOM and everything is ok?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdMFXwKbraI
View Quote

Why do you listen to the fearmongers?

The USA is the most secure country on the planet. The financial position of the United States includes assets of at least $269 trillion (1576% of GDP) and debts of $145.8 trillion (852% of GDP) to produce a net worth of at least $123.8 trillion (723% of GDP). Paying the interest each month may seem a lot but if we ever default it will be because of politics, not cash flow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_position_of_the_United_States#:~:text=The%20financial%20position%20of%20the

https://www.barrons.com/articles/net-wealth-is-over-135-trillion-where-that-money-resides-d722c9c6
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Summer of 2026.  Civil war 2.0
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:08:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If some are correct, 2024 to 2031 is the 70th week of Daniel, Jacobs trouble, last 7 years, the Tribulation, etc.
View Quote

If you are correct, there is nothing anyone can do to stop it. Relax and take a vacation while you can. Personally, I do believe it will happen but the Bible also teaches us not to predict when because no one knows jack about when Christ is coming again. We are commanded to be ready, not outguess God.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:09:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Very clearly, TSHTF already.

Especially economically. With the currency in further decline, soon an average house will cost a million. What do you call that? A million of what most incorrectly call "dollars".
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top