Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By arowneragain:

*laughs capitalisticly*
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By arowneragain:
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

PSA is legit doing awesome work. Companies like BearFag have shit quality and no support.

PSA is doing arms and ammo right.

My secret hope is that THEY get a competitor.

*laughs capitalisticly*

We will win in all aspects because we know human nature.

PSA legit said "fuck the government, don't care, ammo plant now". And they're making money. Regulations are gatekeeper type laws. PSA went through all those and came out on the other side. I legit love PSA.

Their love for guns is far beyond shooting.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 10:05:48 PM EDT
[#2]
AAC 77 gr. OTM is $612 per case delivered to my house. Probably going to make this my go to for a little while and hope for a decent sale at Black Friday.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 10:08:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Been drinking but Mises had a concept where basically you don't listen to anyone's opinion because they are stupid.

You listen to what they actually buy. "Yeah sure I'll buy that faggy recycled toilet paper for 2x the cost"

IGNORE

What you actually have to watch is what people ACTUALLY buy. Disregard their opinions. And if 77gr is the same price as 193? LOG MY ECONOMIC PREFERENCE BRO
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 10:17:35 PM EDT
[#4]
The American annual budget deficit and obscene $35 trillion national debt does matter.
The inevitable result of continued deficit spending is inflation, and lots of it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 10:18:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I also bought a case of 77gr OTM today. Wheeeeeeee!

I like ammo.

I like AAC.

I like 77gr OTM.

I dislike government.

Link Posted: 9/14/2024 10:19:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I also charged all the lasers, NV, and Thermal’s batteries. No coincidence.

Link Posted: 9/14/2024 10:20:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By mnew007:

I like ammo.

I like AAC.

I like 77gr OTM.

I dislike government.

View Quote

Based
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 10:48:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By GTRider245:

With tax and shipping? I don't see it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mcantu:
SGAmmo has lots for about $.46/rnd

With tax and shipping? I don't see it.

Tax depends on your state
Shipping free if order is $200 or more
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 11:00:54 PM EDT
[#9]

We will win in all aspects because we know human nature.

PSA legit said "fuck the government, don't care, ammo plant now". And they're making money. Regulations are gatekeeper type laws. PSA went through all those and came out on the other side. I legit love PSA.

Their love for guns is far beyond shooting.
View Quote

This 100%. Whether your like their products or not. PSA is doing the Lords work putting guns and ammo into the hands of as many folks as possible.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 11:09:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By FlyLeaf:
77 otm stacked deep
View Quote

I buy a variety still but yes I buy the 77 otm whenever it’s on sale!
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 11:13:37 PM EDT
[#11]
There's no need to buy m193 anymore when PSA makes 77gr OTM ammo for the same price
View Quote

Some of us Luddites like to feed our 1:12 retro ARs.

Link Posted: 9/14/2024 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By mnew007:

I like ammo.

I like AAC.

I like 77gr OTM.

I dislike government.

View Quote

I like your style
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 10:07:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By GI-45:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GI-45:
There's no need to buy m193 anymore when PSA makes 77gr OTM ammo for the same price

Oh. Well honestly I didn't even think about that.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 11:36:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By FlyLeaf:

I like your style
View Quote

This thread reminded me to just suck up $0.60 per round for better ammo than M193
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#15]
God, I hope ammo in general eases on prices.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 11:48:04 AM EDT
[#16]
M193 has leveled off at around 50 cents a round for the past couple years.  With the election incoming it could possibly go up or down afterwards.  Everyone remembers the "Trump slump" when prices and demand plumeted after he took office.  

Of course, even with Trump in office, all it would take is a major event / national emergency to send prices shooting up even higher!  

As has been said numerous times before, unless you are a new gun owner (and even then, this only applies if you are also young and poor.  I have less sympathy for 30+ year old adults who suddenly get an epiphany that self defense is important).  You should have a decent stock pile squirreled away already.  If you don't, then at BARE minimum you should have 1000 rounds of ammo for your primary combat arm for "go time" that you do not ever shoot, and THEN whatever you plan to shoot for the range / practice on TOP of that.  The first thing you should do with your primary combat arm is to get it sighted in and zero'd ASAP (with irons AND optics (if you have both).  And you should fire that weapon min of once a year, but ideally more.

And that is a BARE minimum, if you are dirt poor or living out of a van in a vagabond life.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2024 11:50:36 AM EDT
[#17]
AAC 77 gr. OTM is $612 per case delivered to my house. Probably going to make this my go to for a little while and hope for a decent sale at Black Friday.
View Quote

I am replacing most all of my 55gr with AAC or IMI 77gr.

*most, because my SIG 550 and Galil don’t like 77gr.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 11:55:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By WildBoar:
Unless you regularly shoot a 20 inch barrel there is no reason to buy 55grain when its almost the same price as heavier stuff these days. Spend the extra 30 per case
View Quote

M193 (NOT the .223 version) is one of the BEST all purpose 5.56 rounds there is.  It is very terminally effective out of 16" and longer barrels, fairly accurate, has sealed primers and bullets usually, and is very affordable.  It also penetrates obstacles fairly well (esp steel, body armor, hard barriers) better than the heavier OTM rounds that break apart.  

And you are telling someone to buy a round almost twice as expensive because you think it's "better"?  
Realistically it's just "better" for extremely long range shots that 99.9% of people will never even think to attempt.  

Yeah, I'd rather have double the supply of M193 on hand and ready to go.  If you think you might NEED a few long range shots (who here has many 500+ yard shots?) then maybe keep a couple boxes to see how it zeros in your gun and keep a mag or two loaded with it that you can swap in if you ever unrealistically decide you need to slug it out with a target at half a mile ranges.

Link Posted: 9/15/2024 11:57:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Blain:

M193 (NOT the .223 version) is one of the BEST all purpose 5.56 rounds there is.  It is very terminally effective out of 16" and longer barrels, fairly accurate, has sealed primers and bullets usually, and is very affordable.  It also penetrates obstacles fairly well (esp steel, body armor, hard barriers) better than the heavier OTM rounds that break apart.  

And you are telling someone to buy a round almost twice as expensive because you think it's "better"?  
Realistically it's just "better" for extremely long range shots that 99.9% of people will never even think to attempt.  

Yeah, I'd rather have double the supply of M193 on hand and ready to go.  If you think you might NEED a few long range shots (who here has many 500+ yard shots?) then maybe keep a couple boxes to see how it zeros in your gun and keep a mag or two loaded with it that you can swap in if you ever unrealistically decide you need to slug it out with a target at half a mile ranges.

View All Quotes
Unless you regularly shoot a 20 inch barrel there is no reason to buy 55grain when its almost the same price as heavier stuff these days. Spend the extra 30 per case

@beitodesstrafe come M193 post with this guy
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:02:41 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

M193 EHRRTHING
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:03:29 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:07:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Reload for significantly cheaper.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:07:58 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote
except AAC 75/77gr OTM is now only 5-10 cents more a round than M193, not double
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:08:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blain] [#24]
M193 vs heavy OTM aside.  I have heard iffy things about AAC quality.  They are also downloaded velocity wise from what I understand.  I personally wouldn't trust AAC for duty use.

Remember, something is cheaper for a reason...
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:13:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

M193 EHRRTHING
View All Quotes

M193 EHRRTHING

M193 is pretty based ngl
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:14:26 PM EDT
[#26]
M193 vs heavy OTM aside.  I have heard iffy things about AAC quality.  They are also downloaded velocity wise from what I understand.  I personally wouldn't trust AAC for duty use.

View Quote

Black Hills for Boogaloo sure but I'm not going to practice with $60 magazines
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote
down loaded vs what though?
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:18:25 PM EDT
[#28]
M193 4 Lyfe
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:28:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBoar] [#29]

View Quote

Dude calm down..lol. I also have tons of 5.56 M193 or as close to is as possible.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

As barrels get shorter, alternatives to M193 start to make more sense.

Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:34:37 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

People are advocating stocking up on AAC OTM for actual serious use (not as training / practice ammo).  They are then comparing AAC OTM prices to M193 prices as a reason to stock up on it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#32]

M193 is pretty based ngl
View All Quotes

M193 EHRRTHING

M193 is pretty based ngl

I like them speedy bois.

Bought another case of 115 gr 9mm yesterday. Couldn't help myself.

Speedy BOOOOOOIS
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:35:50 PM EDT
[#33]

People are advocating stocking up on AAC OTM for actual serious use (not as training / practice ammo).  They are then comparing AAC OTM prices to M193 prices as a reason to stock up on it.
View All Quotes

My mistake.

I used to practice with M193 and now I'm shifting to AAC since the weights and design is closer and it's often the cheaper price.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:36:04 PM EDT
[#34]

I like them speedy bois.

Speedy BOOOOOOIS
View All Quotes

M193 EHRRTHING

M193 is pretty based ngl

I like them speedy bois.

Speedy BOOOOOOIS

147GR ONLY
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:37:49 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
since Hornady is making all of AACs rifle bullets it's likely that it is the same 77gr OTM bullet that Black Hills is now using
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#36]
since Hornady is making all of AACs rifle bullets it's likely that it is the same 77gr OTM bullet that Black Hills is now using
View All Quotes

All mine is the Sierra variant and that was purposeful.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:41:20 PM EDT
[#37]

147GR ONLY
View All Quotes

M193 EHRRTHING

M193 is pretty based ngl

I like them speedy bois.

Speedy BOOOOOOIS

147GR ONLY

IM FAST AS F**K BOI ?? - Ricky Berwick
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:45:03 PM EDT
[#38]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT7AR4nt0WA
View All Quotes

M193 EHRRTHING

M193 is pretty based ngl

I like them speedy bois.

Speedy BOOOOOOIS

147GR ONLY

I wish I could find an old school gun video. It was a guy shooting 40gr varmint bullets from a 20" 1/7.

The rotation was exploding the thin jackets about 25yds from the barrel
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:46:08 PM EDT
[#39]
You can get Southern Munitions Reman 55s for .36 cpr.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:47:21 PM EDT
[#40]

I wish I could find an old school gun video. It was a guy shooting 40gr varmint bullets from a 20" 1/7.

View All Quotes

M193 EHRRTHING

M193 is pretty based ngl

I like them speedy bois.

Speedy BOOOOOOIS

147GR ONLY

🤣🤣🤣
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:49:07 PM EDT
[#41]

🤣🤣🤣
View All Quotes

M193 EHRRTHING

M193 is pretty based ngl

I like them speedy bois.

Speedy BOOOOOOIS

147GR ONLY

🤣🤣🤣

What r u doing

I'M GONNA SPIN THE SHIT OUTTA THESE BULLETS- OH FUCK
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:50:01 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes

You realize there is more that goes into the cartridge than just the bullet right?  Lots of issues with AAC ammo.  Trust it as duty ammo at your own risk!
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:54:12 PM EDT
[#43]

What r u doing

View All Quotes

M193 EHRRTHING

M193 is pretty based ngl

I like them speedy bois.

Speedy BOOOOOOIS

147GR ONLY

🤣🤣🤣

What r u doing

IF THE BULLET DOES NOT SELF DISASSEMBLE IS IT REALLY FAST ENOUGH?
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

M193 EHRRTHING

M193 is pretty based ngl

I like them speedy bois.

Speedy BOOOOOOIS

147GR ONLY

🤣🤣🤣

What r u doing

17 INCINERATOR

A 50 BMG NECKED DOWN TO .17

WE'RE GOING TO PUT SO MUCH POWDER BEHIND THAT FUCKER

ALSO BARREL LIFE IS TWO SHOTS

Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#45]

17 INCINERATOR

https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-f676018ec6670d1c66c6311ce92fbf56-lq
View All Quotes

M193 EHRRTHING

M193 is pretty based ngl

I like them speedy bois.

Speedy BOOOOOOIS

147GR ONLY

🤣🤣🤣

What r u doing

17 INCINERATOR

Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

They split them between Hornady and Sierra, but your point still stands.

$0.55/rd 77gr OTM are Hornady projectiles - https://palmettostatearmory.com/aac-5-56-nato-77-grain-otm-20rd-box-ammunition.html
$0.60/rd 75gr BTHP's are Hornady projectiles. - https://palmettostatearmory.com/aac-5-56-nato-75-grain-bthp-match-w-cannelure-20rd-box.html
$0.60/rd 75gr Sabre Black Tips are Hornady projectiles - https://palmettostatearmory.com/aac-sabre-blade-black-tip-5-56-nato-75-grain-20rd-box-ammunition.html

77gr SMK (Sierra) are OOS at the moment, but listed at $0.75/rd - https://palmettostatearmory.com/aac-5-56-nato-77-grain-sierra-matchking-hpbt-20rd-box.html
77gr TMK (Sierra) are OOS at the moment, but listed at $0.85/rd - https://palmettostatearmory.com/aac-5-56-nato-77-grain-sierra-tmk-20rd-box-ammunition.html

With the current price of $0.55/rd (Daily Deal) for 77gr OTM's, it is a hard sell to spend $0.45-$0.50/rd for 55gr FMJ's unless there is something you are looking for specifically.

Mk262 exists for a reason.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 1:00:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By TheSadPatriot:
I got cases of 1000 5.56mm for $89 as recently as 2012.

Newb.
View Quote

I call BS.

I still have a couple case from around 2000 that I paid 120.00, no way you got it for 89.00 unless it was some total garbage ammo you bought at a yard sale.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 1:06:09 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes

M193 EHRRTHING

M193 is pretty based ngl

I like them speedy bois.

Speedy BOOOOOOIS

147GR ONLY

🤣🤣🤣

What r u doing

17 INCINERATOR

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/138374/tumblr_inline_mqrh26jIU11qz4rgp-1477534.jpg

AR15 CHAMBERED IN 220 SWIFT

4,500FPS MINIMUM IS REQUIRED
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 1:08:32 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

M193 EHRRTHING

M193 is pretty based ngl

I like them speedy bois.

Speedy BOOOOOOIS

147GR ONLY

🤣🤣🤣

What r u doing

17 INCINERATOR

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/138374/tumblr_inline_mqrh26jIU11qz4rgp-1477534.jpg

There are just some dumb calibers out there. 🤣

People really need to knock it off.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 1:10:40 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

M193 EHRRTHING

M193 is pretty based ngl

I like them speedy bois.

Speedy BOOOOOOIS

147GR ONLY

🤣🤣🤣

What r u doing

17 INCINERATOR

PO Ackley was so based though.

>be random dude
>be proficient in math
>improves ur cartridge
>doesn't elaborate
>leaves
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top