BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 4:13:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was a hardcore coffee drinker my whole adult life, beginning with mess hall coffee in the army. I continued to drink 10 to 12 cups a day after I retired from the army.

And then one day I developed SVT. That was no fun. I eventually got it corrected with an ablation.

I now drink one cup of decaf a day only because I miss the taste. Abuse caffeine at your peril.
View Quote

You invented solid vinyl tile?  And all thanks to coffee?  Cool!
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 5:07:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Caffeine is a vasodilator for the body and a vasoconstrictor for the head.  I rarely drink coffee, but from personal observation and study I think some people may drink large amounts to suppress allergy symptoms.  If they try to quit they have brutal withdrawals which may be the allergy.  In my experience the allergy was mold and my coworkers' copious consumption of coffee may have protected them while I as a nondrinker suffered brutal symptoms.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 5:47:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:Is-It-Time-to-Quit-Coffee-for-Good
The War on food by the genocide crowd continues unabated. They're going to take your coffee.
View Quote

Bisen says he misspoke when he said...quit coffee for GoodnPlenty candy.
1950s *Good & Plenty* Candy Commercial
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 7:10:00 AM EDT
[#4]
The research on coffee and health has been mostly a wash.  For every benefit they find, something else cancels it out.    If they change the narrative to say it's horrible and it has to go, it means the environmentalist types have decided that coffee cultivation is bad for the planet and juan valdez has to find another job.  Maybe he can learn to code.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 7:17:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Dude was taking a fucking gram of caffeine a day and is shocked there were problems? Does he eat a pound of sugar daily too?
View Quote

Pretty sure that's equal to taking small doses of meth
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 7:20:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Pretty sure that's equal to taking small doses of meth
View Quote

I just chased my morning Adderall with a shot of espresso. Is that bad?
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 7:25:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I have to stick to one cup of coffee (10oz or so) in the morning, lest I get bowel problems.  Not fun, drinking some coffee and then having explosive shits a little while later.  Seems the coffee causes the intestinal muscles to work faster, resulting in cramping and diahrrea, etc.  That and esophageal spasms...  

I also find that coffee spikes my blood pressure about 10 points in the AM - I've gone to the doc for a visit, having fasted (no coffee allowed), and my BP is significantly lower than when I go in after coffee.  I'm talking 125-130/75 vs 140/85-ish.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 8:12:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was a hardcore coffee drinker my whole adult life, beginning with mess hall coffee in the army. I continued to drink 10 to 12 cups a day after I retired from the army.

And then one day I developed SVT. That was no fun. I eventually got it corrected with an ablation.

I now drink one cup of decaf a day only because I miss the taste. Abuse caffeine at your peril.
View Quote

You developed the Ford Special Vehicle Team?  Very cool!
Edit: beat, but solid vinyl tile?…lamesauce.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 8:30:37 AM EDT
[#9]
I’m guessing that SVT means cardiac arrhythmia?
My brother-in-law developed that.
Smoker
300 lbs
Big caffeine drinker
Once he lost 50lbs it stopped.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 8:38:21 AM EDT
[#10]
…what’s their take on alcohol and weed? I know they think the time has come to restrict us proles to bug gruel and water but come on.

The industries are in place. The delivery mechanisms are well established. This is simple control. And once again, punishing the many for the overuse of the few.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 8:40:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I tried quitting coffee a couple years ago. About 4 days into it I thought I was dying. No kidding, I was sick, weak, could barely get out of a chair and I had a massive headache. I was thinking of going to the emergency room. I decided to have a cup of coffee just to try and get rid of the headache a little. Half way through that cup I felt fine. I'm a caffeine addict and I'm just fine with that now. So as far as I'm concerned they can just have a nice cup of shut-the-fuck-up.

Link Posted: 5/7/2023 8:45:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I’m guessing that SVT means cardiac arrhythmia?
My brother-in-law developed that.
Smoker
300 lbs
Big caffeine drinker
Once he lost 50lbs it stopped.
View Quote

You mean if you do things to your body that puts your heart under constant and unnecessary strain, it’ll fuck it up?  

Funny how that works.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 8:46:05 AM EDT
[#13]
It helps me go potty
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 8:47:17 AM EDT
[#14]
I quit coffee this year.  It wasn't some new years thing, either.  I just got tired of it.  I'm doing fine now.  BP is normal and the anxiety is markedly decreased.  I have an occasional tea, but I can go days with no caffeine at all.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 8:54:44 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't care. I have a cup, sometimes 2, a day. Now I've seen people that drink over a pot a day. That can't be good.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 9:04:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Like all drugs, moderation is key. No shit a gram of caffeine a day wasn't good for him. Why is this newsworthy?
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 9:31:37 AM EDT
[#17]
I drink instant unless I get coffee at McD. I usually do half caf. At home I’ll mix the two. Sometimes I’ll have decaf in the evenings. I like putting some liquid vanilla protein shake in it for a creamy drink. I also drink strong black tea.

In the afternoons at work, I usually switch to red roobios tea. Herbal but substantial.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 9:34:36 AM EDT
[#18]
I had to quit drinking it. I wouldn't say that it's wide spread bad, but some of us do better staying away. What prompted me was severe stomach cramping and other issues. I didn't even drink a lot, just one cup a day. Started removing things from my diet and started there first. Immediately went away. I don't think it was caffeine related though.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 9:35:05 AM EDT
[#19]
I gave it up several years ago and I'm fine. It was kind of like beer - you don't buy it you just rent it.

FIGHT ME!
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 10:01:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Again, it’s all about moderation. A concept that is alien to most Americans.

My Grandfather smoked everyday his entire life beginning at about the age of 10 year old. True. Exactly ONE CIGARETTE PER DAY. It was all he could afford. However, he savored that ONE cigarette. He looked forward to it, he truly enjoyed it. Even later in life, when my Dad would buy Grandpa, cigarettes by the carton from the BX, he only smoked ONE cigarette per day. Sadly, he was struck & killed by a snowplow when he was 78yo.

One or two cups of coffee per day? You’re gonna be OK unless your doctor truly advises you otherwise. Consuming the equivalent of TEN CUPS of coffee per day just makes no sense at all. I guarantee you its from those “energy drinks”.

Whether it’s food, booze, or your vice of choice, fucking learn to control and moderate yourself. Sadly, this simple strategy for healthy living has become a rare superpower in American culture.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 10:48:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The research on coffee and health has been mostly a wash.  For every benefit they find, something else cancels it out.    If they change the narrative to say it's horrible and it has to go, it means the environmentalist types have decided that coffee cultivation is bad for the planet and juan valdez has to find another job.  Maybe he can learn to code.
View Quote

I would put this possibility at 100%. They have an agenda and it involves controlling what we eat,drink,think,say and do. We either kill these fuckers or submit,there is no other choice.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 10:52:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It helps me go potty
View Quote

Drink some tart cherry juice instead,it will keep stuff moving....
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 10:56:41 AM EDT
[#23]
No, I will not quit coffee. Or alcohol. Or beef. Or anything else they want me to quit. I don't care if quitting those things gets me a few more years at the end. Life isn't worth living without them.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 11:06:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have been drinking decaf coffee for 25 years now, I drink coffee for the taste, not for the caffeine.  

View Quote

Same here. Had stomach surgery a few years ago and the doc was adamant that I never consume caffeine again.

I don't miss it at all. It was easier to quit than I thought. I just tapered my coffee and soda down over a few months.

Link Posted: 5/7/2023 11:08:02 AM EDT
[#25]
I know that caffeine increases metabolism somewhat but "mind altering? I don't think so.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 11:10:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
1,000 MG of caffeine isn't kool-aid? No shit?
View Quote

Right? Anything in large enough portions is bad for you.

But give up coffee? I don't need that kind of negativity in my life.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 11:11:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It helps me go potty
View Quote

Coffee from TA or Love's does that quite effectively.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 11:16:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You invented solid vinyl tile?  And all thanks to coffee?  Cool!
View Quote

LOL, I deserved that.

SVT, "supraventricular tachycardia."

And I don't blame you for the witty remark... I hate shopping in the ee and all the seller posts is a bunch of acronyms like everybody knows what the fuck he is talking about.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#29]
How will we poop??
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 11:51:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Dude was taking a fucking gram of caffeine a day and is shocked there were problems? Does he eat a pound of sugar daily too?
View Quote

No shit, right! The equivalent of ten cups of coffee a day!? LOL.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#31]
I have tried to develop a taste for coffee and just can't do it. Milk drinks and whatever are fine but what's the point if you don't like coffee?

In a sense it irritates me because I feel like I'm missing out. A zillion different flavors and I don't seem to like any of them. I wonder if it's something like how some people can't stand the taste of cilantro or Brussel sprouts and I just can't taste what everyone else does in coffee.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If you are consuming a Gram+ of caffeine a day, yeah, you might have health issues.

Like many things, it is about moderation.
View Quote

I don't get out of bed for less than 300mg of caffeine. I probably get 1gram in a day sometimes.

Makes me productive for my employer & supportive of my family.

Sleep? Who needs that?
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#33]
A couple cups of coffee a day is fine.   Even good for you.

10 or more?  Every day?  For years?   lol, no shit you had health problems from it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#34]
The equivalent of 10 cups of coffee..

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/7/2023 7:27:18 PM EDT
[#35]
My morning vice is tea.
Read one time that you can get just as much of a rush eating an apple in the morning as drinking a cup of coffee.
Worked pretty well until winter when you want to hold a hot cop of coffee to warm you hands as you warm your innards.
So if you're worried about your coffee intake try an apple in the morning.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#36]
NFW
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 7:52:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 8:07:05 PM EDT
[#38]
They say one of the signs you're drinking too much coffee, is you can thread a sewing machine while it's running.

I only have 2 cups in the morning. Some days I don't have any, but I do like those two cups.

Link Posted: 5/7/2023 8:20:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Focus on the following before you worry about caffeine:

Decrease
Added sugar, especially in drinks
Industrial seed oils (canola, palm, vegetable, etc)
Highly processed carbohydrates
Alcohol
Stress

Increase
Exercise
Time outside in nature
vitamin D
Fasting
Optimism
Prayer!

Link Posted: 5/7/2023 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#40]

I probably drink five cups a day and a diet coke.  I can't imagine more than doubling that.

I drink a lot of decaffeinated green tea, too.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 8:41:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I have tried to develop a taste for coffee and just can't do it. Milk drinks and whatever are fine but what's the point if you don't like coffee?

In a sense it irritates me because I feel like I'm missing out. A zillion different flavors and I don't seem to like any of them. I wonder if it's something like how some people can't stand the taste of cilantro or Brussel sprouts and I just can't taste what everyone else does in coffee.
View Quote
I can't drink it.  Even my wife's Starbucks order with six pumps of vanilla, six pumps of sugar syrup and cream is too bitter for me and I think to most people that would almost be like eating a milk chocolate bar.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 8:47:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Oh, fuck off.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 8:51:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Fuck that. I'm about to have a cup rn.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 10:14:52 PM EDT
[#45]
lol
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:18:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Just remember in all these stats, like amount of caffeine, 1 cup of coffee is 6 ounces, not a 16 ounce Starbucks grande
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:28:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I have been drinking decaf coffee for 25 years now, I drink coffee for the taste, not for the caffeine.  

View Quote

Same. I drink coffee because I like the taste of it. I hate caffeine. Doesn't do anything for me besides give me anxiety and the shakes
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:32:29 AM EDT
[#48]
The cost alone is making me consider cutting back on coffee. I don't try to get in 1000 mg a day, though.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 2:12:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Coffee.

It is what allows me to operate within the confines of the CoC.

Prevent me from having coffee, and somewhere in minecraft, bodies may begin stacking.

1 cup a day plus one cup of black tea and I'm GTG.

It appears John Noveske was prophetic as well.

They used to sell the High Capacity coffee mug.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Well, while I do intake caffeine it's never in those levels.  JFC dude must have been able to see sound whenever he was awake.

/edit
Someday there will be a thread without constant proselytization

PRAY PRAY PRAY

no

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top