Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Israel currently under attack (Page 181 of 953)
Page / 953
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:45:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NoHarmNoFAL:
Peace with the Palestinians in Gaza would be easy if there were no Palestinians in Gaza.
View Quote

From your lips to God's ears.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:46:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By gpoman:
If Hezbollah joined in the U.S. would have to intervene, no?
View Quote

No. Israel has faced two front wars before and we didn't need to intervene other than massive airlifts of military gear. But no direct intervention.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:46:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By wyorock:
Things I think I have learned:

1. The IDF and Mossad are not as good as I thought.
2. I thought most citizens there are well armed but that is not true.
3. Leftists have weakend Israel and put it in peril.
4. Obama and Biden have created a true monster with Iran that has completely fucked the world.

Anything I missed?
View Quote

I think you have it covered pretty well.

I would maybe add...
5. Many here hate Jews, Israel and America and blame them instead of their enemies.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:46:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By craig19:

Indeed, but he's still an asshole.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By YoungPatriot:
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
Not sure if it's been posted yet but Zelenskyy is feeling lonely now and is trying to get Ukraine attention again

I'd say there is a 99.9% chance of this being propaganda

This fucking guy.

It’s likely true.

Indeed, but he's still an asshole.

Why wouldn’t they?? No cost to them to have us deplete more money and resources.  Less of both to use against them in Ukraine.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By CS223:

Thats SOP with every terror attack they've ever made in past history. They laugh their asses off and plan for the next one.

View Quote

This right here ^^^^^^  Crying PEACE one to many times.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:46:35 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Their parents must be SO proud of their children. First they come out as deviants, they they take the side of murdering scumbags.

"No wonder tigers eat their young..."

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By The_Master_Shake:

I respectfully disagree.

I think this war will be limited in scope and within months we'll be back focusing on Russia/Ukraine which will be at a standstill while both sides deal with the winter weather

We'll get to see soon.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlamTX:
I'm 75% sure that world war three has already started.  You ain't wrong.

Right now is Poland in 1939.

I respectfully disagree.

I think this war will be limited in scope and within months we'll be back focusing on Russia/Ukraine which will be at a standstill while both sides deal with the winter weather

We'll get to see soon.

You don’t mobilize 300K troops for a limited fight when the population of your country is 6 million.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:46:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FistPeso] [#8]
Originally Posted By 3one5:

Sorry, I can't watch that stupid fuck.  I made it less than 60 seconds.
View Quote

He needs a stake in his heart.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:46:52 PM EDT
[#9]
See my edit.  I missed a zero.

Yup.  Iran with that kind of money guarantees a hot war.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:
Yup.  That's exactly right.  The Shia minority sees a moment when muslims across the world are angry and ready for a fight.

They wanted this.  They want to take leadership.

And you of all people know about the deal between China and Iran worth I think about $40 billion.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/27/world/middleeast/china-iran-deal.html
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/IMG_5240_jpeg-2985267.JPG
See my edit.  I missed a zero.

Yup.  Iran with that kind of money guarantees a hot war.

"Kings of the East"
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:47:09 PM EDT
[#10]

The United States has deployed a carrier strike group led by the world's largest warship to the eastern Mediterranean in response to the unprecedented attack by Hamas on Israel.

The USS Gerald R. Ford, the Navy's latest and most advanced aircraft carrier, is headed to the region as part of a carrier strike group comprised of the military's most advanced hardware, including a fleet of destroyers, guided-missile cruisers and fighter jets.

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin announced the deployment on Sunday, hours after Hamas launched a surprise attack on Israel that has killed hundreds of people, including at least 260 people at a festival near the Gaza border. Israel has declared war on Hamas and is poised to mount an invasion of Gaza.

USS Gerald R. Ford, which cost roughly $18 billion to develop - including $4.7 billion for research and development and $12.8 billion in construction - can carry up to 90 aircraft, including the military's most advanced fighter jets.

The carrier, which is powered by two nuclear engines that can operate for 25 years without a refuel, is accompanied in the Mediterranean by a fleet which includes the USS Normandy guided missile cruiser and the USS Thomas Hudner guided missile destroyer.

Aircraft on board the carrier include F-35 stealth fighter jets, which cost around $100 million each and carry radar-guided missiles and laser-guided bombs, along with attack helicopters and tactical surveillance aircraft.

In total, around 7,500 personnel work across the carrier strike group.

In a statement announcing the deployment, General Michael 'Erik' Kurilla, Commander, U.S. Central Command, said America 'stands firmly with our Israeli and regional partners to address the risks of any party seeking to expand the conflict.'

Austin added: 'The U.S. maintains ready forces globally to further reinforce this deterrence posture if required.'

Hamas has called the US decision to send the strike group 'participation in the aggression against our people' and 'an attempt to boost the morale of the crumbling Israeli army'.

People stand among the rubble of a destroyed mosque during Israeli air strikes, in Gaza City on October 9, 2023

More
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:47:18 PM EDT
[#11]

barry is a two faced America hater, his entire foreign policy team is running sniff's presidency, and he wants us to lose a war or two so he can be proven right in the long run that we aren't "exceptional".

fuck off and go live in one of your seaside mansions that won't ever be under water from the pretend rising ocean levels.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:47:51 PM EDT
[#12]

4. Obama and Biden have created a true monster with Iran that has completely fucked the world.

Anything I missed?
View Quote

#2 is the only one that doesn't yet apply to Americans.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:48:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By BB:
Like I said earlier in this thread operations and actions in the US will be starkly different. It won’t be militants with AKs wandering around randomly shooting people. I mean that might be one tactic, but my bet will be IED’s delivered in new and interesting ways. Trucks vs crowds. Light aircraft vs infrastructure.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:48:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
Thats a lot of terrorists to deal with.
View Quote

Yep and every citizen in London is unarmed.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:49:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BB] [#16]
Originally Posted By Shadow_Dancer:

It's blatantly obvious you haven't been keeping read-in on what Israel's government has been doing to Palestine.

80% of Gaza's electricity comes from Israel. Gaza wanted to be additional energy self sufficiency and to expand its sole power plant while getting off Isreali oil that feeds; Israel would not allow it. They told Gaza you must continue buying our oil and using our electricity. TF?!

Gaza wanted additional building materials, agriculture stocks, equipment, medicine and hospital kit to feed its people, provide housing, and care for them.
Israel said, "No". They blockaded the ports that would bring the necessary supplies. TF?

When a civilian aid ship tried to deliver these items, IDF Commandos flew into International Waters, stormed the ship and killed multiple aid works then took command of the vessels. TF? We call that PIRACY under international law. What punishment did Israel receive. Zippy.

Or you could take a beat, and take a look at the 1949 Greenline Map of Israel versus what they occupy and claim as their country's borders today.

You could always have done that first and began to seek out answers for how a country expands it territory 300% in 60 years with absolutely not money exchanged or land grants.

You could have done that at a minimum and dovetailed from there but its easier (see: lazy) to say I'm reciting rhetoric and blood libel.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pmodas:

It is blatantly obvious who's talking points you're reading with rhetoric, err blood libel,  like that.

It's blatantly obvious you haven't been keeping read-in on what Israel's government has been doing to Palestine.

80% of Gaza's electricity comes from Israel. Gaza wanted to be additional energy self sufficiency and to expand its sole power plant while getting off Isreali oil that feeds; Israel would not allow it. They told Gaza you must continue buying our oil and using our electricity. TF?!

Gaza wanted additional building materials, agriculture stocks, equipment, medicine and hospital kit to feed its people, provide housing, and care for them.
Israel said, "No". They blockaded the ports that would bring the necessary supplies. TF?

When a civilian aid ship tried to deliver these items, IDF Commandos flew into International Waters, stormed the ship and killed multiple aid works then took command of the vessels. TF? We call that PIRACY under international law. What punishment did Israel receive. Zippy.

Or you could take a beat, and take a look at the 1949 Greenline Map of Israel versus what they occupy and claim as their country's borders today.

You could always have done that first and began to seek out answers for how a country expands it territory 300% in 60 years with absolutely not money exchanged or land grants.

You could have done that at a minimum and dovetailed from there but its easier (see: lazy) to say I'm reciting rhetoric and blood libel.

Placing controls on a faction that’s been trying to destroy you for decades is something confusing to you?
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:49:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By sh768:

John Kirby is a retired Navy Admiral, a public affairs officer. He's a trained lying propagandist, an amoral fuckstick who will say and spin whatever he's told.

If he told me grass was green, I would go outside to check. He's probably crying because he knows he bears some responsibility for this by carrying water for the weak douchbags he sucks up to.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thehun06:
Originally Posted By Chokey:

That was not staged ... true emotions ... Kirby has a soul ...

John Kirby is a retired Navy Admiral, a public affairs officer. He's a trained lying propagandist, an amoral fuckstick who will say and spin whatever he's told.

If he told me grass was green, I would go outside to check. He's probably crying because he knows he bears some responsibility for this by carrying water for the weak douchbags he sucks up to.

I may not care for his politics but that was no act. He’s probably seen some intel that’s far worse than anything that’s been linked on this thread and is shocked and sickened the same as most of us
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By pr24guy:

I thought for sure he was older. Wasn't he on the raid in Entebbe.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pr24guy:
Originally Posted By ontime1969:
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:
https://t.me/ILtoday/2510

There are countless stories of heroism from this weekend. This is one of them.

The above is Inbal Lieberman, a resident of Kibbut Nir Am near Sderot.

On Saturday morning, she was up early and realized quickly what was happening.

Inbal ran from house-to-house waking everyone up, and quickly got the local response team organized.

She then helped organize a battle plan, got armed men positioned on the kibbutz fences and gates, and prepared for battle.

The defenders of Nir Am repelled the initial Hamas assault, killing 25 terrorist invaders at their gates. And according to one local source, they suffered no dead during the entire barbaric ordeal.

All because of one woman.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/177432/photo_2023-10-09_13-56-27_jpg-2985161.JPG

Wow she did a great job getting some defense up. I wonder how many people were in her local response team. I saw some have only 5-10 but most are 20-200. They got 25 kills that were left at the gate. I would imagine there were a fare number of enemy wounded as well.

I saw this story earlier as well. Really amazing actions by these brave people.

If you don't live in Israel or consume Israeli media, you don't know who Yair Golan is. He is a 61-year-old retired Major General in the Israel army and a former parliament MP.  Spend a minute to read this story.

Yesterday, when IDF and the police were in complete chaos, Golan put on his old uniform, took his weapon, and drove into the war zone multiple times to rescue civilians under fire. He rescued two young adults hiding under a bush after 260 of their friends were murdered at an outdoor party. He answered a call from a journalist that his son was hiding under fire and simply said, "Give me his location, and I will bring him back home." An hour later, the son called his father from Golan's car.

Golan collected a small crew and went in and out of the war zone, rescuing dozens of people while exchanging fire with Hamas terrorists. He is 61, he could have stayed home, but he chose to risk his life for people he does not know.

Golan is one of the strongest voices from the Israeli left and was constantly attacked by the right wing in Israel. But when the time came, he was first fighting the barbaric attack. The same brain wiring that supports peace, is often the same wiring that drives people to do the right thing.

A true hero.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/407062/F7-LF0-XoAAhpTb-2985265.png

I thought for sure he was older. Wasn't he on the raid in Entebbe.

No, you are thinking of Netanyahu’s brother. This guy is as never in a major operation.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:50:08 PM EDT
[#19]

King Abdullah II is a good man
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:50:25 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

could have stopped right there but chamberlain was still in charge.

only one piece of good news here is that Netanyahu is PM right now.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:50:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By JustaGunNut:

Man, that sucks they aren't able to import anything.

They sure are able to get a shit load of rockets and small arms somehow though.
View Quote

A helluva of lot easier to smuggle in broken down AK-47 parts and scrap metal together to make unguided rockets, than it is to smuggle in 30 5-Megawatt transformers, 1000 switchgear cabinets, 5,000 tons of soil prep and fertilizer, and heavy equipment.

Nonetheless, sucks indeed. Maybe if they could import what they really need to survive and thrive, they wouldn't be cobbling together rockets and grey marketing in guns.
It's like of like anything in nature ...
When you allow someone to eat and you don't kick them, and allow them thrive without relegation,  the person is generally a friendly and sociable individually.
When you keep kicking them, half starve them, and govern their own nation, eventually you end up with some surly folks who have no other greater pleasure than to end you. And they'll invite others equally PO'd to join in.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:50:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By racer765:

barry is a two faced America hater, his entire foreign policy team is running sniff's presidency, and he wants us to lose a war or two so he can be proven right in the long run that we aren't "exceptional".

fuck off and go live in one of your seaside mansions that won't ever be under water from the pretend rising ocean levels.
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:51:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#24]

Have to double check but think he landed a decent looking wife if I recall
View Quote

@carmelbythesea

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:51:23 PM EDT
[#25]
1:49-50 more huge hits heard on the feed

Replay: Israel and Gaza amid ongoing fighting (Day 3 Night)
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:51:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Curmudgeon762:

I may not care for his politics but that was no act. He’s probably seen some intel that’s far worse than anything that’s been linked on this thread and is shocked and sickened the same as most of us
View Quote

I'm sure it wasn't an act. I'm just saying that the emotion isn't coming from a quality human being.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#27]

Anything I missed?
View Quote
I would only offer a slight correction on point 1, their intelligence agencies are still very good, they have however been turned inward due to political conflict, just like ours
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:52:34 PM EDT
[#28]

Have you been to Sabbat? Broke unleavened at Belshazzar's Feast? Been to a Shiva?
Sir, I literally grew up so immersed in and around Jewish culture and households, and industry workers, I might as well have joined the tribe.

No, most East Coast liberal Jews DO NOT hate Israel. The ones that do are usually your Hasdics, like in Williamsburg and Greenpoint or Ultra Othrodox.
They do not appreciate their "promised land" does not full follow the ways of the Cepher and Torah.

If you would like to have a further theological debate, please DM me.
View Quote

They do support a two state solution twisting the governments hand to comply. They support bide, Obama, Clinton and Carter policies that failed Israel so miserably to date.

It's time to call them out on their actions that lead to this path and do something different.

You sir,  do not have the point of reference because it's not your family that's bring murdered. You are not as outraged as the Israelis and even US jews are. If you were, you'd not be saying what you are saying in this thread...
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:52:49 PM EDT
[#29]
From about an hour ago:

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By thehun06:

That was not staged ... true emotions ... but he says some stupid stuff
View Quote
really, I thought it looked fake.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:53:55 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Oh, yeah he did.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:54:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

Calling for the use of nuclear weapons in this scenario is utter retardation.  Anyone actually exposing it should never be taken seriously, and probs my banned from this forum to improve the average IQ.
View Quote

I quote General LeMay and you call names and insults. You should just leave this thread before you get it locked.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:54:36 PM EDT
[#33]

Isn’t it 5x25 miles? You would need,like, 10 killdozers working around the clock
View Quote

pretty sure we could gofundme for the diesel and overtime.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:54:49 PM EDT
[#34]

https://www.timesofisrael.com/as-hamas-war-rages-personal-firearm-activists-see-surge-in-interest/

As Hamas war rages, personal firearm activists see surge in interest
Online petition to ease gun permit rules gains 22,000 signatures in 24 hours
By Gavriel Fiske 10 October 2023, 1:12 am 0
A man fires a pistol at an indoor shooting range during a qualification course in Katzrin in the Golan Heights on January 31, 2023. (Jalaa Marey/AFP)
A man fires a pistol at an indoor shooting range during a qualification course in Katzrin in the Golan Heights on January 31, 2023. (Jalaa Marey/AFP)

As the 2023 Israel-Hamas war continued into its third day, and with the widely distributed and traumatic images of Hamas terrorists operating freely inside Israel fresh in their minds, some citizens began campaigns for a loosening of Israel’s gun ownership laws, to allow more residents to bear personal arms.

Relaxing Israel’s restrictive gun license laws has long been championed by National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir, as well as some libertarian-leaning right-wing politicians, but it is an issue that has not gained much traction, despite occasional reports of high-level discussions on the issue.

Gun control in Israel is relatively strict, and firearm licenses are generally only granted to those who can show a need for extra security in their line of work or daily life. Meaning, one of the key criteria for a private citizen to receive permission to own a gun is where they live.

That could now change, says Rabbi Raz Blizovsky, 32, of Katzrin, an activist who has been part of grassroots discussions around personal arms.

“People are changing their opinion, and now there is more awareness,” he told The Times of Israel. It doesn’t make sense, he said, that someone in Tel Aviv cannot get a pistol, but someone in the Golan can. “There are terror attacks in both places,” he stressed.

“It’s a pity this is happening the way it did,” he added, alluding to the recent devastating attack. “I have been involved with groups that have been talking about this issue for years. During calm times, people don’t do anything,” he said.
Rabbi Raz Blizovsky (Courtesy)

On Sunday morning, one day after the Hamas assault began, Blizovsky started several WhatsApp communities for those who wish to have easier access to personal weapons. They have drawn some 4,000 members in 24 hours. An online petition he created, in order to press the government on the issue, garnered some 8,000 signatures in the same timeframe.

If more people had access to personal firearms, the horrific scenes coming out of the Gaza-adjacent communities could have been averted, he opined. Many people have contacted him in recent days who wish they could get a weapon, he said, including members of the Druze community, many of whom served in the IDF in combat positions, but then after their service, are not able to qualify for a license.

“The main criterion should be, does that person have a criminal background?” Blizovsky said. “It’s easy to give a weapon to someone who was trained in the IDF, but then if he is called to reserve duty, what does that help his family or community?”

In Israel, the usual personal weapon allowed are pistols with a limit of 50 rounds of ammunition. To qualify, one must be of a certain age, depending on IDF service, live or work in an area that demands extra security, not have a criminal record, and pass a training course and background check, among other things.

Another requirement is enough Hebrew-language proficiency “in a way that will allow questioning, understanding instructions and managing registration as required,” according to a qualifications calculator on the website of the National Security Ministry, which manages gun license registration.

The main point for the activists is to loosen the requirements so that it is easier for the average Israeli citizen to acquire a personal weapon license, no matter his or her profession or location. Another online petition (Hebrew), which aims to pressure the government to allow ”a permit to carry a private weapon for anyone who has served in the IDF and has no criminal record,” has gathered some 22,000 digital signatures since Sunday, when it was opened.

Ben Gvir has pushed to overhaul the current policy, following a series of terror attacks earlier this year. In February, he instructed the National Security Ministry’s firearm licensing department to work according to emergency procedures to speed the process.

Critics warned that the additional firearms will come with significant risks, including suicides, violence against women, road rage incidents, and murders. But to activists like Blizovsky, there are already plenty of guns on the street, as “anyone can go to the black market on Telegram,” he said.

“Who has a gun? The terrorists, and all the criminals. Who doesn’t? Law-abiding tax-payers. The government trusts criminals with guns more than their own civilians,” Yoel Israel, CEO of a digital marketing agency, told The Times of Israel. Israel is active in libertarian political circles and social media and, during past election cycles, has hosted salons in his Pardes Hannah home for small-party politicians, such as economist Gilad Alper, who has also pushed for less restrictive gun laws.

We all wish that our Israeli government could be there to protect us, but they cannot – we relearned that again this past weekend. Imagine if 1 of every 3 adult civilians near the border were armed? There would potentially be no rapes, no kidnappings, and a much lower murder… pic.twitter.com/8kg7eDA7O2

— Yoel Israel (@YoelTIsrael) October 9, 2023

“I support the citizen and the individual over government elitists,” Israel said. “I care about human rights and people’s lives. Guns are the great equalizer. Why is my wife afraid, and I keep only a golf club near my bed? It doesn’t make sense.”
Ashdod mayor Yehiel Lasry in a video asking for citizens with gun permits to join in a civil defense effort, on October 8, 2023. (Facebook screen capture, used in accordance with Clause 27a of the Copyright Law)

Also in response to the ongoing Gaza incursion, the city of Ashkelon said that it would set up “a volunteer police force for entry control checks into the city” consisting of armed citizens who already had personal weapon permits working alongside local police and army forces.

Ashkelon mayor Yehiel Lasri, appearing wearing a flak jacket in a Facebook video announcing the initiative, said: “We are at war, and we must all mobilize and take part in the defense of our city. I ask everyone to continue to be vigilant… We will continue to be strong. And yes, together we will win.”

In Gush Etzion, in the West Bank, the local authority said it was looking into how to expedite gun licenses for residents.

Times of Israel Staff contributed to this report.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Anything I missed?
View Quote

I was surprised at the relative ease that it took to breach the walls and the drones bombing the towers .   Then the slaughter of the totally unprepared IDF ,   is there more to this ?   Hamas crossed open ground w/ apparently no gunfire .    Then the Merkavas being taken out ,  wth ?
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:55:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By SamBoga:
View Quote

Leader of the Free World right there.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

I have no credibility. I'm a 13'er.

You seem concerned though.
View Quote
Sure you do. You make respectable post.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:56:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By SamBoga:
View Quote

Nobody cares what you think, Lane Meyer.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:56:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:
1:49-50 more huge hits heard on the feed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKTvbOsU99s
View Quote

I think one of the cameras just got the knock warning.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:57:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By ShadowAngel:

Uh. It's called two wars, in which Israel was attacked and defended themselves from the aggressors, taking the land seized in combat.

Don't like it? Too bad. Don't attack people and start wars with them if you don't want to lose some land.
View Quote

"In which Israel was attacked"

Uh, what?

Israel invaded the Sanai Peninsula in the 6-Day War. They weren't attacked - they were the attacker.

In The Yom Kippur War, they indeed were attacked - because of the 6-Day War and not relinquishing the lands they took.

Today (the last 20 years) they have continue to their expansion into Palestine's borders razing homes and farms, and pulling an Imperialist move claiming it's their now because "reasons".

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:57:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheHunstman] [#41]

A helluva of lot easier to smuggle in broken down AK-47 parts and scrap metal together to make unguided rockets, than it is to smuggle in 30 5-Megawatt transformers, 1000 switchgear cabinets, 5,000 tons of soil prep and fertilizer, and heavy equipment.

Nonetheless, sucks indeed. Maybe if they could import what they really need to survive and thrive, they wouldn't be cobbling together rockets and grey marketing in guns.
When you allow someone to eat and you don't kick them, and allow them thrive without relegation,  the person is generally a friendly and sociable individually.
When you keep kicking them, half starve them, and govern their own nation, eventually you end up with some surly folks who have no other greater pleasure than to end you. And they'll invite others equally PO'd to join in.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JustaGunNut:

Man, that sucks they aren't able to import anything.

They sure are able to get a shit load of rockets and small arms somehow though.

Ask yourself which came first. The constant terrorist acts or the necessary lock down so they don't genocide you down the line.  

They've been screaming, chanting it for decades. Paili's are not the victims. Or rather they refuse to join the human race and get along.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:57:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Pro-Palestine protest takes place outside Israeli embassy in London.

At least 5,000 people gathered at the demonstration, with some protesters scaling lamp posts and launching fireworks at the embassy building.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g-qaOJjqJw
View Quote

What a shithole... I was going to take my kids to London and Paris next spring, they are not going to get a dime of my money...
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Timeflies:

Im just here to say, can you guys stop this “adjusted for US population size” drivel.

You sound like ESPN reporters.

1000 is 1000, there is no correction factor for total population size that makes it better or worse.

The situation is sad, but you are attempting to add sensationalism to it for no reason other than repeating talking points you heard on the news.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Timeflies:
Originally Posted By atavistic:
Death toll 900+. That would over be 30K+ if adjusted to US population size. They're finding bodies everywhere they look.

Im just here to say, can you guys stop this “adjusted for US population size” drivel.

You sound like ESPN reporters.

1000 is 1000, there is no correction factor for total population size that makes it better or worse.

The situation is sad, but you are attempting to add sensationalism to it for no reason other than repeating talking points you heard on the news.

They are trying to show the scale of murders. On 911 we lost 3,000 people. Israel has so far lost about 1,000 . Based on their population, it is equivalent to over 32,000 lost. The odds that they know someone murdered is the same as it is for us if there were 32,000 murdered on 911.

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:58:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#45]

"if you won't stop doing what we deserve to us we'll do this other thing that's wrong! Stop it, so we can recuperate and come back to murder MORE of you!"
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:58:30 PM EDT
[#46]

I get that, so why are they threatening that if Hezbollah joins they'll wipe the capital of Syria off the map.

Why wouldn't that be aimed at Beirut?
View Quote

2/3 or 1/2 of Beirut is Christian or Druze and not terrorists. If it wasn’t for Hezbollah, Lebanon would still be a U.S. ally.
The Hez are 1/3 of the .gov and population. Syria is fuller of pro Iran types and the pro Iran faction ( Assad ) are in charge.

That’s the way I understand it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#47]

Anything I missed?
View Quote

Most of that applies to us as well

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:59:26 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

The problem is our commander in chief.

He is the least qualified leader in a time of war that could be possible.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:59:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By realwar:
View Quote
Glad to see this happening in my state.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 7:00:04 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Had to check, thought you were a 23'er.....figures you're a 13'er
Page / 953
Israel currently under attack (Page 181 of 953)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top