Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Israel currently under attack (Page 196 of 957)
Page / 957
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:51:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I love hearing that drone / plane: No one sleeps in Gaza anymore.

Jay
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:51:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jough43:
The Israelis should import a bunch of hogs to eat the dead Muslim terrorists.
View Quote
Lord knows we have enough of them around here.  One sow can have a litter of many piglets twice a year, so wouldn't take long for them to multiply.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:51:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

I've heard things from sailors on the nuke carriers that would tend to align with that, but had no other confirming sources.

What I have heard almost universally is t hat those things can MOVE when they want to.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Countersniperkitty:
Originally Posted By DonKey153:
Originally Posted By C2Installs:

In 1994 I rode to Haiti on CVN69. I was part of 10th Mtn and we air assaulted into Haiti. On night in the trip down, I was awoke by ungodly hum noise and vibrations. I went out onto a catwalk and used my PLGGR GPS to try and figure my location with lat/long, as a grid square was not gonna help much, lol. Anyway, we were booking it faster than we had been and when I checked speed, PLGGR showed either 55 mph or 55 knots. I can’t recall which, but recall 55. That’s. F$&cking. Fast….for a tank, for a hmmwv, for a boat… let alone a ship that size.

sure it wasn't 35?

Talked to a guy that was on a frigate when one of our carriers went by for the first gulf war. He said that the sonar guy said she was making turns for fifty knots.
Abe Lincoln maybe.

I've heard things from sailors on the nuke carriers that would tend to align with that, but had no other confirming sources.

What I have heard almost universally is t hat those things can MOVE when they want to.

You all need to realize that carriers need a certain airspeed across the deck for the planes to take off. From what I have heard and read it can be 50-60 mph, and the carrier normally turns into the wind for flight ops. But if they dont have 20 mph of wind so they can cruise along at 30 mph forward they still need the air speed to be right. So they normally have the power to go fast enough to launch airplanes when there is not wind.

I was once told that the USS George Washington could get up enough speed to launch aircraft even with a 15 knot tail wind.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:52:06 PM EDT
[#4]

@FMJunkie

He's banned from the thread and has been for several hours now.
View Quote

Oh, sorry.  If you guys would slow down I might get caught up!
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By pr24guy:

I heard they are ok with goats.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pr24guy:
Originally Posted By atavistic:
Heaven is going to be running low on virgins in a couple of days.

I heard they are ok with goats.

Not funny
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:52:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:52:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Not sure if already been posted...

Sydney Opera House Israel-Palestine protest: Anger as Jews are told to stay home and dragged away from protest - while radical Muslims shout vile anti-Semitic comments, throw flares, and chant 'gas the Jews'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12612345/Sydney-Opera-House-Israel-Palestine-protest-Anger-Jews-told-stay-home-dragged-away-protest-radical-Muslims-shout-vile-anti-semetic-comments-throw-flares-chant-death-jews.html
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:53:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Bloviator:

Enterprise was the fastest.   They even changed her screws to slow her down a bit.
View Quote

During Sea Trails she was throttled down when doing turns.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:53:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By WinstonSmith:

I think the plan is to kill them and break all their stuff.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
I really do hope that the Israeli leadership has a well thought-out plan and isn't just lashing out at anything and everything. Don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to criticize them after what they've been through (and still are), but if they don't have an overall plan then it could cause more problems in the future.

Yep. Doesn't need to be much more complicated than that.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:53:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By The_Master_Shake:
In before Sweden and Canada fight over who gets to take the most refugees

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/132893/1696898185202930_png-2985609.JPG
View Quote
You can fit a ton of ashes in some boxes......just saying...
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:53:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By cyclone:

Oh well................tough shit.............they should also starve them
View All Quotes
Not going to post it because I won't give them the clicks but MSNBC already running;

"Israel shutting off electricity, water in Gaza will create a humanitarian disaster"

IIRC they already warned the civilians to leave days ago.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:54:07 PM EDT
[#12]

I had an interesting discussion with a very long-time member here who is Jewish. He said that a majority of the people who call themselves "Jews" in big liberal cities are not religious. For them, they identify as Jews more due their social circle than their religion. The social circle, of course, is overwhelmingly liberal.
View Quote

I fully agree with his position.

I’d go further and say that most American Jews are religious and that their “religion” is liberalism.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:54:26 PM EDT
[#13]

I had an interesting discussion with a very long-time member here who is Jewish. He said that a majority of the people who call themselves "Jews" in big liberal cities are not religious. For them, they identify as Jews more due their social circle than their religion. The social circle, of course, is overwhelmingly liberal.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mercworx:

Imo nothing will wake up American Jews

Many secular Jews are very liberal...............I used to work with a secular Jew who was ultra conservative, and wasn't fond of liberals, whether jew or gentile. He had some very interesting curses against them
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:54:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:54:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By StaccatoC2:

You all need to realize that carriers need a certain airspeed across the deck for the planes to take off. From what I have heard and read it can be 50-60 mph, and the carrier normally turns into the wind for flight ops. But if they dont have 20 mph of wind so they can cruise along at 30 mph forward they still need the air speed to be right. So they normally have the power to go fast enough to launch airplanes when there is not wind.

I was once told that the USS George Washington could get up enough speed to launch aircraft even with a 15 knot tail wind.
View Quote
Like a treadmill
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:55:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Enterprise was the fastest.   They even changed her screws to slow her down a bit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Countersniperkitty:

In 1994 I rode to Haiti on CVN69. I was part of 10th Mtn and we air assaulted into Haiti. On night in the trip down, I was awoke by ungodly hum noise and vibrations. I went out onto a catwalk and used my PLGGR GPS to try and figure my location with lat/long, as a grid square was not gonna help much, lol. Anyway, we were booking it faster than we had been and when I checked speed, PLGGR showed either 55 mph or 55 knots. I can’t recall which, but recall 55. That’s. F$&cking. Fast….for a tank, for a hmmwv, for a boat… let alone a ship that size.

sure it wasn't 35?

Talked to a guy that was on a frigate when one of our carriers went by for the first gulf war. He said that the sonar guy said she was making turns for fifty knots.
Abe Lincoln maybe.

I've heard they usually only ran one reactor; and that the stripe painted straight down the massively thick propshafts would be wrapped around the shaft multiple times when they pulled the shafts to replace them.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:55:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:55:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By TNC:

That's classified!

But the Ford is on the order of 1,000 ft. And hull speed is pretty well defined by waterline length. Plug in 1000 ft here and you get 48 kt.

https://www.omnicalculator.com/sports/hull-speed

Now that I've told you I have to kill you. Sorry.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By treelow:

sure it wasn't 35?

Yeah, maybe 55 km/h

That's classified!

But the Ford is on the order of 1,000 ft. And hull speed is pretty well defined by waterline length. Plug in 1000 ft here and you get 48 kt.

A nautical mile is 1.15 mph and 1.85 Kph
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:55:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

@11boomboom

Forward some of the DSA cheerleading stuff to him.
IIRC DSA was an organizer of the Times Square victory rally yesterday.
View Quote

No need, I've had my discussions with him in the past.

He'll come to terms with it, or not. I don't care.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:55:44 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes
Not going to post it because I won't give them the clicks but MSNBC already running;

"Israel shutting off electricity, water in Gaza will create a humanitarian disaster"

Airdrop massive quantities of that hollywood starlet weight loss drug, all the people look way to well fed there.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:55:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:

I'm not sure where this myth comes from. I know for a long time people here have associated Israeli military weapons with American privately owned weapons but that never made sense to me. Getting a gun in Israel is tough and is essentially only for self defense. You can't just get a gun because you want to. I believe it is possible to get a hunting license and some rifles or shotguns for that. In comparison, places like the UK are much easier to obtain firearms. In the UK as long as you're not a criminal, you're essentially guaranteed to get a shotgun if you apply. Israel rejects most applicants, and allows most to expire.

Though in the West Bank, I think they are a bit looser with allowing guns to be distributed.
View Quote

New licenses for hunting have not been issued for years upon years unfortunately. I tried to go down that route when I lived there.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:56:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:56:25 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm going to sleep in the guest room tonight and connect my phone to the TV. I'm going to let the YouTube stream play throughout the night.  I want to see what Gaza looks like in the morning. There seems to be a lot of planes flying in the area.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:56:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Bigtwin:

Fo rooster has always been there.

I just ain't hearing FO Dog in a while.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bigtwin:
Originally Posted By kcolg30:
For crying out loud. Someone from Hialeah brought a fucking rooster into Gaza.

Fo rooster has always been there.

I just ain't hearing FO Dog in a while.

They shot FO Dog.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:57:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By SnowMexican:

Sydney Opera House Israel-Palestine protest: Anger as Jews are told to stay home and dragged away from protest - while radical Muslims shout vile anti-Semitic comments, throw flares, and chant 'gas the Jews'

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/10/09/23/76357605-0-image-a-7_1696891947130.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12612345/Sydney-Opera-House-Israel-Palestine-protest-Anger-Jews-told-stay-home-dragged-away-protest-radical-Muslims-shout-vile-anti-semetic-comments-throw-flares-chant-death-jews.html
View Quote

It's a shame after all the history and what the west has given the world that collectively we basically gave up without a fight.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:57:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:57:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By 18aBro72:

Airdrop massive quantities of that hollywood starlet weight loss drug, all the people look way to well fed therebacon, ham & other pork products.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:57:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By SnowMexican:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/10/09/23/76357605-0-image-a-7_1696891947130.jpg

View Quote

Multiculturalism, ladies and gents.

It's not a hate crime when islamists call for gassing the Jews, apparently.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#29]

They shot FO Dog.
View Quote

When did ATF put boots on the ground in Gaza?
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:58:25 PM EDT
[#30]
I fully agree with his position. I’d go further and say that most American Jews are religious and that their “religion” is liberalism.
View Quote

I can only comment on the one we had working for us from Philly….she was definitely a liberal. She had no clue of the world. Her only experience in the outside world was working from home. Couldn’t grasp the simplest process.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:58:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By CoyoteGray:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CoyoteGray:
I really do hope that the Israeli leadership has a well thought-out plan and isn't just lashing out at anything and everything. Don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to criticize them after what they've been through (and still are), but if they don't have an overall plan then it could cause more problems in the future.

Thats just tactics, we need to get into the logistics of it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:58:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#32]
Don't know if this has been posted before, but words can't describe the disgust I have for these spineless bastards...

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/hamas-attack-israel-war

View All Quotes
Don't know if this has been posted before, but words can't describe the disgust I have for these spineless bastards...

UN Human Rights Council fails to mention Israel in tweet calling for 'moment of silence'

The UN Human Rights Council tweeted about the loss of lives "in the occupied Palestinian territory and elsewhere," amid the Hamas terrorist attacks on Israel.

"On Monday afternoon, the @UN Human Rights Council observed a moment of silence for the loss of innocent lives in the occupied Palestinian territory and elsewhere," the post on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter, read.

The tweet was accompanied by a video of a representative from Pakistan attacking Israel for "illegal foreign occupation" and so-called disrespect for international law.

"On behalf of the IOC member states, we express our deep concerns over the loss of innocent lives in the occupied Palestinian territory and elsewhere," the representative said. "Regrettably, this huge loss of lives and unabated violence is a sad reminder of more than seven decades of illegal foreign occupation, aggression and disrespect for the international law, including UNESCO resolutions."

"There is a need for immediate steps to ensure the realization of the right to self-determination of the Palestinian people, and also achieving a just two state solution on the borders of June 4th, 1967, with East Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Palestine," he continued. "We call on all parties to exercise restraint and honor the human rights obligations."

"In this context, the so-called declaration of war and attacks on civilian population and their properties is deeply distressing. We remain concerned about the human cost of the escalating situation."

Hope Israel doesn’t “roof knock” and puts a JDAM into that UN council building.

All scumbags.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:58:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ascendent] [#33]
Originally Posted By Hillbilly62:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hillbilly62:

I was on her for sea trials after we refueled her in '94.  During the shakedown cruise, we had no aircraft, JP5 or munitions.  Light in the water, making sharp turns, it was amazing what she would do.  Spent many hours watching the wake churn from the screws.  The shaft torsionmeters were a pain in the ass to keep running. The degaussing system was so old (but functional), the wiring in the panels were the old cotton string wraps.  Relay logic in all the panels.  8 SSTGs, 4 400 hz mg sets, 8 reactors, 4 diesel engines.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:58:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By macro:

I know it wont happen, and I know its just my emotions talking, but i wish Netanyahu would just issue a statement that says for every one hostage that is executed, at least 1000 Palestinians will be vaporized and burned to ashes. Then follow through on it.

At this point, scorched earth policy is justified.  To me at least. How much longer is the west going to prioritize diplomacy when dealing with barbaric animals?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By macro:
Israel has stopped the process of "knocking" and giving advance notice before it bombs

Hamas is stating they will execute a civilian for every building bombed until Israel reinstate this policy

Imagine being a literal stone age savage and being angry the enemy you just massacred and raped won't give you advance notice before they bomb you

Lol. . . . Roflmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CtFLAsIcsA

I know it wont happen, and I know its just my emotions talking, but i wish Netanyahu would just issue a statement that says for every one hostage that is executed, at least 1000 Palestinians will be vaporized and burned to ashes. Then follow through on it.

At this point, scorched earth policy is justified.  To me at least. How much longer is the west going to prioritize diplomacy when dealing with barbaric animals?

When we finally realize that playing the good guy is a losing proposition and just destroy our enemies
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:59:03 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

UN Human Rights Council fails to mention Israel in tweet calling for 'moment of silence'

The UN Human Rights Council tweeted about the loss of lives "in the occupied Palestinian territory and elsewhere," amid the Hamas terrorist attacks on Israel.

"On Monday afternoon, the @UN Human Rights Council observed a moment of silence for the loss of innocent lives in the occupied Palestinian territory and elsewhere," the post on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter, read.

The tweet was accompanied by a video of a representative from Pakistan attacking Israel for "illegal foreign occupation" and so-called disrespect for international law.

"On behalf of the IOC member states, we express our deep concerns over the loss of innocent lives in the occupied Palestinian territory and elsewhere," the representative said. "Regrettably, this huge loss of lives and unabated violence is a sad reminder of more than seven decades of illegal foreign occupation, aggression and disrespect for the international law, including UNESCO resolutions."

"There is a need for immediate steps to ensure the realization of the right to self-determination of the Palestinian people, and also achieving a just two state solution on the borders of June 4th, 1967, with East Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Palestine," he continued. "We call on all parties to exercise restraint and honor the human rights obligations."

"In this context, the so-called declaration of war and attacks on civilian population and their properties is deeply distressing. We remain concerned about the human cost of the escalating situation."

I find myself kinda jaded at them and esp t he un HRC.

Didn't those scumbags have gadaffi on the HRC?

Also their "peacemakers" have a pretty bad record of being rapists and I have heard they were involved in being on t he wrong side of at least one war in africa.

The UN is a force for evil in the world.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:59:09 PM EDT
[#36]

The problem is, not excising this cancer is not civilized at all.   It is inhumane to the good folks who want to live their lives and it is inhumane to allow such  ...  creatures ... to exist with this as their only goal in life.

The humane and civilized thing to do is to go in, and eliminate the problem for today and for the foreseeable future.   Do not allow islam ever to gain a foothold anywhere for any reason.  In a few generations, it will be a distant memory.
View Quote
As a civilized adult id like to think that the parties could work through things in a non-violent and diplomatic manner. Unfortunately, Israel isn't dealing with civilized adults...they are trying to defend themselves against rabid animals. When there is an outbreak of illness in the hen house, you kill all the chickens, sanitize the barn, and start over again from scratch. If Israel doesn't level the disputed territory, they will continue dealing with the same threat.

I know that no one in western government would condone it. That doesn't mean its not effective. Frankly, we should have taken the same approach after 9/11. You cant capture the hearts and minds of animals.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:59:26 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

I think Hamas pretty much set the terms for this fight.

And I don't think most of the civilized world gives a shit what the Israelis do in Gaza as a response.

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:59:29 PM EDT
[#38]

That's classified!

View Quote

I heard once here that (hypothetical top speeds aside) a carrier was only as fast as the slowest ship in the group.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:59:33 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

How about the other muslim countries fucking take them. Not a western problem,  it's a muslim problem...
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 10:00:15 PM EDT
[#40]
I hope Israelis have learned never to surrender, you now know what they will do to you if you do surrender.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 10:00:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Nate19:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Nate19:

They shot FO Dog.

Maybe they train with hamas to get tips?
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 10:00:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Voland:

How about the other muslim countries fucking take them. Not a western problem,  it's a muslim problem...
View Quote

The generosity seems to end at paying the Palis to keep trying to genocide the Israelis...not to actually help them in any meaningful way.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 10:00:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Rebel31:

A lot of those smaller countries have really westernized in the past 10-20 years.

They are happy to be sitting on oil while getting rich and paying western engineering companies to build top notch level infrastructure.

I doubt they want anything to do with Hamas and being labeled as supporting terrorists (at least overtly).

Places like Bahrain and Qatar are hosting international events like like F1 and the World Cup.

Yes, they're still muslim and they do enforce their rules pretty harshly but they are also big spots to be for expats and western tourists.
View Quote
Qatar loves itself some slave labor.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 10:01:12 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Yup. So therefore anyone left is no civilian. Carpet bomb that fucking place and drive the survivors to the sea. Then shoot the swimmers.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 10:01:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By erwos:

Reform and Reconstructionist Judaism are basically indistinguishable from the Democratic party platform, to the extent that I'm not even sure you can be a "good" Reform Jew without being a Democrat. There were some interesting articles a decade back about Reform Jews ending up in Orthodox synagogues, not because they gave a fuck about observance and Jewish law, but because they literally could not exist as Republicans in Reform synagogues. The Conservative movement has tried to tamp back on that, to varying degrees of success, but they're dying out fast anyways.

In any event, the sheer barbarism on display here is going to have even the liberal Jewish movements and organizations (J Street coming to mind) stepping carefully for a while.
View Quote

The entire Jewish half of my family is Reform Jewish and HARDCORE Democrat. Only one of my step-siblings isn't and he's had to do the same thing and seek out Orthodox, because he's Republican. I haven't talked to him in 10 years, maybe I should.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 10:01:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THOT_Vaccine] [#46]

View Quote

"Humanitarian Disaster"

I'm sorta wondering if they will eat each other before walking to the gate to leave? I mean, it's AT MOST a two mile hike. At what point does it become preferable to leave than to sit there bitching about who is the bigger victim.

I eagerly await some Hamas douchebag on CNN gnawing on a shinbone and bitching about how he is still hungry,
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 10:02:30 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 10:03:11 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

How can they spread the word of their religion of peace then?  Do you think our leaders care if we are all slaughtered by the religion of peace?
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 10:03:37 PM EDT
[#49]

I’d go further and say that most American Jews are religious and that their “religion” is liberalism.
View All Quotes

Many professed religious state as such to fit in even if they don't believe.  I know, for majority of my life I wanted to fit in and told folks I was a Christian.  It doesn't mean they are bad, they just want to accepted by the society around them.  

I am right wing on most everything but religion.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Rebel31:

I said the same thing yesterday but Israel needs to respond without regard for the hostages lives. Sounds messed up but it's too late to start giving in because of some shit Hamas says.

Those people were gone the second they got taken into Gaza. They were taken for a reason which is to provide bargaining chips for Hamas. Allowing them to be used to bargain for things that benefits Hamas encourages more hostage taking in the future.

View Quote
Agreed.
Its sad....its terrible...its awful....and it is what it is.
There is no putting the genie back in the bottle.
Make these peoples lives count for something, and don't allow the 1000+ who were massacred to have died for nothing.
There is no place on this planet for a people who would commit wholesale atrocity on innocents.
Page / 957
Israel currently under attack (Page 196 of 957)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top