Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Israel currently under attack (Page 293 of 960)
Page / 960
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:15:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:
I may be in the minority with this opinion, but I think it might not be a bad idea for the IDF to NOT put boots on the ground in GAZA.

For one thing, they may very well be needed elsewhere.

The bigger reason, though, is that with all those buildings demolished, it'd be like Salerno (I think it was), or even Stalingrad.

A shattered city like that is optimal for defenders and there'll be fighters under/behind every piece of concrete big enough to offer cover.

Sounds like a death trap to me.

Instead, they should just continue bombing and bring up artillery; blasting it into oblivion, no matter how long it takes.

Why play into their hands?
View Quote

The IDF knows this. Risk management. Does the risk outweigh the reward. BAMCIS.

Conducting MOUT is any city is difficult. In the age of terrorism, the added risks of IEDs and suicide bombers make it that much more difficult. My uneducated guess, they know where to go, where the rockets are being fired from, and what tunnels to destroy. It will be a long, bloody, hard fought battle with no clear indicators of what victory looks like.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:16:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:16:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

maybe Qatar should stfu and stop harboring terrorists.
View Quote

It's a good thing our strategic reserves are topped off.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:16:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MrGoodkat:

How come nobody seems to be talking about the pallets of cash the Obama/Biden admin sent to Iran?  That seems more likely to have been used to fund this attack than the billions that were recently sent just due to timing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MrGoodkat:
Originally Posted By Hatari:

That shit stain enabled it for years.

Fuck him.

How come nobody seems to be talking about the pallets of cash the Obama/Biden admin sent to Iran?  That seems more likely to have been used to fund this attack than the billions that were recently sent just due to timing.
nobody appears to remember 2008-2016 at all
What is going to happen here.. why are things happening here now, etc.. Look at 2008-2016
Same players, terror, chaos, war, etc...

Iran capturing US Navy sailors, Iran getting that bullshit Obama nuke deal that Trump withdrew from and reestablished sanctions..
There is a long list of very relevant bad moves and events 2008-2016 leading up to here and that are clues how shit could go from here forward.

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Anastasios:

Of course not.

I haven't seen a mission statement anywhere. A LOT of what's being posted in here is virtue signaling which adds nothing to the thread.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fike:
Originally Posted By Alex3006:

What's coming?

Israeli IDF vengeance with extreme prejudice.

That's already in play. So, what's coming? What's the mission?

Do you only read Al Jazeera?

Of course not.

I haven't seen a mission statement anywhere. A LOT of what's being posted in here is virtue signaling which adds nothing to the thread.

This could almost be another thread.

Assume Israel's objective is the destruction of Hamas military, financial, communications, and political infrastructure and potential.

How's it going down? Main axes of advance into the city? Going to seal the border with Egypt early? Air assault? Anywhere to establish an airstrip? IDF coming over the beach?

I have no idea about the layout of Gaza or the IDF's capabilities.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 18aBro72:

What fool would hand a muslim a weapon?
View Quote

An American politician
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:17:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: feetpiece] [#7]
Originally Posted By macro:
There is a part of me that thinks his emotion and reaction was genuine.
View Quote

He's just emoting for the camera. Pretending he hasn't seen things the pooblic hasn't is naive.

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/mourning-nod-1006.gif
View Quote

Fuck yeah!

I have jars of it ready for this.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:18:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By realwar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSqgGtWeTSE
View Quote

Excellent
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:18:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By LurchAddams:

Israel doesn't need two Navy carriers, Air Force bombers, and thousands of Marines to conquer Hamas.  
They would need them for Iran.  
View Quote

On a normal battlefield, with traditional warfare, you would be correct. Going door to door in a city of a million that has a vast and sophisticated tunnel network, that is a different story. The IDF isn’t that big and doesn’t have the capability to clear the entire city and tunnel network. Especially with an enemy the is entrenched and waiting for it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:18:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Of course not.

View All Quotes

What's coming?

Of course not.

Fair enough.

We can only go by what the IDF has said is the intended goal (elimination of Hamas). That is going to require BOTG and while a pragmatic response is probably “yeah, right, good luck”, we really don’t know how far they are going to take it.

It could be as simple as “taking fire from a building? Drop the building with artillery”. Rinse and repeat. There is a reason the US is working to open a corridor for  refugees and Hamas is urging everyone to stay. Something is coming.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I may be in the minority with this opinion, but I think it might not be a bad idea for the IDF to NOT put boots on the ground in GAZA.

The bigger reason, though, is that with all those buildings demolished, it'd be like Salerno (I think it was), or even Stalingrad.

A shattered city like that is optimal for defenders and there'll be fighters under/behind every piece of concrete big enough to offer cover.

Instead, they should just continue bombing and bring up artillery; blasting it into oblivion, no matter how long it takes.

View Quote

If the water and food are cut off it will only be a matter of days before people start to exit Gaza on their own.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:19:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I guess the official FO Rooster has now been named Steve,   Follow me for more important updates.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:20:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By CMiller:

What are you talking about? Where did I ask for anything to be posted?

I said that I saw it elsewhere and I'm looking for more related information because I don't want to be like everybody else and spread false information if I can avoid it.

ETA: perfect example is right now in this thread--everybody is reacting to the video of the guy hitting power lines and not seeing that it's not actually from this event.  I know it's a hopeless battle against incorrect info but I try not to make it worse if I can.
View Quote

I do agree. I’ve been following since 3 am Saturday before work. I understand not everyone is comfortable seeing shit. At the same time this is the one source that can post stuff and will be proven true or false within 5 minutes. I appreciate everyone posting what they find. … heading back to my  corner now
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Seems Qatar hasn’t learned it’s lesson https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/saudi-arabia-qatar-blockade-gulf-crisis/
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Undaunted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:20:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Drsalee:
20 years ago, in my fathers honor, my wife and I created a little emergency medical clinic in Kfar Aza.  

Many of you longtime ARFCOMers may recall some of our family medical/dental missions our family would do around the world.  Many of you sent me hundreds of hats that I would pass out after pulling a tooth.  

This little clinic is the result of our humanitarian efforts we directed at Israel. It just a little place, but it carries the name of my deceased father and it is also the source of pride within myself and my family.  I often reflect on how proud pops would be to know this little clinic, which bares his name, was in a quaint dairy farm kibbutz in heart of Israel.  

This clinic would attend to small medical emergencies and routine medical treatments and exams.  It also served as a community bomb shelter.  

Kfar Aza is now the scene of some of the most obscene and horrific depravity that humankind can offer.  The scene of burned corpses, murdered babies, rapes and executions.  The doors of the clinic were breached and murders took place within its walls.

This picture was taken 18 years ago at the dedication ceremony.  The toe head at the podium is my oldest son.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/161250/128FE107-95EE-477C-BE0B-F8449C2D60C6-2987429.jpg

Many of the most horrific pictures you guys have seen are from Kfar Aza

View Quote

Fuck, just fuck. I remember seeing the Clalit sign in some of the photos I have seen coming out. Fuck.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:20:54 PM EDT
[#18]
20 years ago, in my fathers honor, my wife and I created a little emergency medical clinic in Kfar Aza.  

Many of you longtime ARFCOMers may recall some of our family medical/dental missions our family would do around the world.  Many of you sent me hundreds of hats that I would pass out after pulling a tooth.  

This little clinic is the result of our humanitarian efforts we directed at Israel. It just a little place, but it carries the name of my deceased father and it is also the source of pride within myself and my family.  I often reflect on how proud pops would be to know this little clinic, which bares his name, was in a quaint dairy farm kibbutz in heart of Israel.  

This clinic would attend to small medical emergencies and routine medical treatments and exams.  It also served as a community bomb shelter.  

Kfar Aza is now the scene of some of the most obscene and horrific depravity that humankind can offer.  The scene of burned corpses, murdered babies, rapes and executions.  The doors of the clinic were breached and murders took place within its walls.

This picture was taken 18 years ago at the dedication ceremony.  The toe head at the podium is my oldest son.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/161250/128FE107-95EE-477C-BE0B-F8449C2D60C6-2987429.jpg

View Quote
I once sent a hat for one of your missions.  This is an amazing, but terrible, connection to the events in Israel.   Medical treatment center and bomb shelter speaks volumes on what is endured for a life in that country.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:21:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By kells81:
I guess the official FO Rooster has now been named Steve,   Follow me for more important updates.  
View Quote

I was wondering when Steve would show up.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:22:10 PM EDT
[#20]
There is a part of me that thinks his emotion and reaction was genuine. Its such a completely violent reality that I doubt many public officials have ever had to digest this kind of intel. Hopefully he and his cabinet understand that this same level of violence will happen here eventually if nothing is done to secure the border and stop prioritizing diversity above everything else.
View All Quotes
There is a part of me that thinks his emotion and reaction was genuine. Its such a completely violent reality that I doubt many public officials have ever had to digest this kind of intel. Hopefully he and his cabinet understand that this same level of violence will happen here eventually if nothing is done to secure the border and stop prioritizing diversity above everything else.

Unbelievable.
The Elephant in the room?
He still didn't say that he actually saw them.
Crazy,
The thing is that it does not really matter.  I would have fully supported Israel wiping out Gaza even before this attack. I don't need beheaded babies. I have already seen enough to make up my mind about Islam.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:22:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By CouchCommando22:

On a normal battlefield, with traditional warfare, you would be correct. Going door to door in a city of a million that has a vast and sophisticated tunnel network, that is a different story. The IDF isn’t that big and doesn’t have the capability to clear the entire city and tunnel network. Especially with an enemy the is entrenched and waiting for it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LurchAddams:

Israel doesn't need two Navy carriers, Air Force bombers, and thousands of Marines to conquer Hamas.  
They would need them for Iran.  

Carriers are for cover in case someone else gets frisky.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:22:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:

Is that just Jews and Christians, or Muslims, too?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Instead of ammunition restrictions, waiting periods, and bureaucratic firearm licensing, Israel needs a Second Amendment protecting the individual right to keep and bear arms for self-defense.

Is that just Jews and Christians, or Muslims, too?

All.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Interesting.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:24:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#24]

View Quote

The fact that the rank and file soldiers are conscripts isn't going to help.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:24:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

A lot of solar power from what I understand.
View Quote

How well do solar panels work when covered with the dust of flattened buildings?
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:24:32 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

This asshole has no idea of the atrocities that have been committed by ISIS ?
Or in Mexico by the cartels ?

He's a weak inept brain dead old POS
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:24:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Maybe it's time to take over SA and UAE and Qatar, and the rest of the oil producing places who couldn't stop us if they wanted.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:24:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By fla556guy:
There might be a Hamas, but I don't think they will let any Palis into Gaza.  I'm pretty Israel is done with Palis.
View Quote

Literally, anything short of clearing every house, compound, tunnel and then leveling the area with nuclear weapons, and leveling Tehran with nukes, killing hundreds of thousands of innocent lives in the process, there will be a Palis, Gaza and Hamas.

Speaking in absolutes doesn’t work in modern warfare. The best Israel can hope for is wrecking house for a few weeks before all the terrorist sympathizing countries, leaders and NATO puts pressure on Israel for genocide
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:25:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By gpoman:
Does Israel have bunker buster bombs? I would imagine they would wait to clear as many hostages as possible before using them. I would suspect many of the hostages are kept underground.
View Quote

Yes. For Iran.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:25:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Karankawa:

Is Schumer bowing or just that old and decrepit?
View Quote

Probably both
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:26:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Conducting MOUT is any city is difficult. In the age of terrorism, the added risks of IEDs and suicide bombers make it that much more difficult. My uneducated guess, they know where to go, where the rockets are being fired from, and what tunnels to destroy. It will be a long, bloody, hard fought battle with no clear indicators of what victory looks like.
View All Quotes

Would not surprise me if the Hamas leadership gets out and all that is left are the degenerate foot soldiers who are instructed to set off a smuggled Nuke once the IDF is sufficiently inside.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:26:38 PM EDT
[#32]

Carriers are for cover in case someone else gets frisky.
View Quote

Carriers are a show of force to make it look likes America cares
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:28:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By METT-T:

Assume Israel's objective is the destruction of Hamas military, financial, communications, and political infrastructure and potential.

How's it going down? Main axes of advance into the city? Going to seal the border with Egypt early? Air assault? Anywhere to establish an airstrip? IDF coming over the beach?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By METT-T:

What's coming?

Of course not.

We're losing SME's

Anyway

Aljazeera:

Israel PM Netanyahu: ‘Every Hamas member is a dead man’
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed “every member of Hamas is a dead man”.

In a statement, Netanyahu for the first time clearly expressed Israel’s intention to “destroy” Hamas following its surprise attack on Saturday.

“Hamas is Daesh [ISIL/ISIS] and we will crush them and destroy them as the world has destroyed Daesh,” he said in a televised statement, the first delivered jointly with his war cabinet.

Defence Minister Yoav Gallant added, “we will wipe Hamas off the face of the Earth”.

Hamas initiated Operation Al-Aqsa Flood – a multi-pronged surprise attack into Israel via land, sea and air. Hamas said it was in retaliation for the storming of Al-Aqsa Mosque in occupied East Jerusalem and Israeli settlers’ growing violence against Palestinians.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#34]
I haven't seen this posted yet.  What a disgusting excuse for a human being.

Watch Rashida Tlaib's Face When Asked the One Question She Fears

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:29:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USMC_JA] [#36]

Now Schumer is meeting with China? When did he get appointed diplomat to the eastern world?
View Quote

Senate ratifies all treaties.  I think the Majority Leader historically will meet with foreign dignitaries, IIRC.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:30:20 PM EDT
[#37]

Of course not.

View Quote
several folks have posted what the Israeli gov’t leadership and IDF said was going to happen. Did you see that?
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By TugJob:

He’s got the 411 on the QT from KRS on the DT. FYI it’s TS for NMP for OPSEC reasons. PM me for more IRIPTS. YMMV. TTYL
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TugJob:
Originally Posted By Squatch:

Any chance of translating that jibber jabber for us non-Chairforce people?

He’s got the 411 on the QT from KRS on the DT. FYI it’s TS for NMP for OPSEC reasons. PM me for more IRIPTS. YMMV. TTYL

Is it bad that I understood all that?
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:30:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:

Ohm my God, just stop already!
View Quote

Got him right in the joules...
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:31:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By feetpiece:

He's just emoting for the camera. Pretending he hasn't seen things the pooblic hasn't is naive.

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/b12888a03fced7de3574ec475433eaff5725a9ce/0_41_3500_2101/master/3500.jpg?width=1200&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=3e2ea0142aad5f77b937460168761dac
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By feetpiece:
There is a part of me that thinks his emotion and reaction was genuine.

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/b12888a03fced7de3574ec475433eaff5725a9ce/0_41_3500_2101/master/3500.jpg?width=1200&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=3e2ea0142aad5f77b937460168761dac

Honestly, and maybe its just wishful thinking on my part, he looks like he is guilty. I think he knows exactly how much he has enabled Iran, I think he knows that they have outsmarted him at every turn, I think he knows he is in way over his head, and I think that maybe he realizes that his hubris resulted (in part) in the wholesale slaughtering of innocents.

I dont expect him to admit it, but i think (maybe i just like to think) that he is experiencing extreme regret. Id like to think that he is experiencing self doubt. Id like to think that on some level he feels like he has done irreparable damage.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By absael:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4tlbr3RVy4
View Quote

She is probably sitting at home watching the attack videos while flicking her bean.  She seems like one of this crazy bats that would get off on that.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:32:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Papposilenus:

there's potential

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/179834/IMG_8634_jpeg-2987443.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Papposilenus:
Originally Posted By Enzo300:
Originally Posted By brass:
Pretty neat video:

Suicide bombing instructor: "Now watch carefully, I'm only going to show you this once."

there's potential

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/179834/IMG_8634_jpeg-2987443.JPG
I fly with Palestine

Until I'm grounded
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:33:11 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

I agree.  Short of nuking Gaza (which isn't going to happen for any number of reasons) there's going to be dug in terrorists in Gaza when the IDF goes in and thats going to cost a lot if Israeli lives.  Mine the everloving fuck out of the security perimeter, and if so much as a frisbee comes flying over the wall, Israeli artillery and the IAF makes several more blocks of Gaza disappear.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:33:44 PM EDT
[#44]

@AZNetEng right now news seems to be focused on the ground war beginning.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZNetEng:
Still playing catch up... did we get confirmation that Hezbollah did come across the border?

@AZNetEng right now news seems to be focused on the ground war beginning.
Thx!
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:33:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#45]
Originally Posted By ricky_45:
Maybe it's time to take over SA and UAE and Qatar, and the rest of the oil producing places who couldn't stop us if they wanted.
View Quote

The problem with moose limb countries, as we learned in Afghanistan and Iraq, is you can easily win the war, but you can never win the peace.

They are not Germany or Japan.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:34:12 PM EDT
[#46]

Where did you hear that?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By krayons:

What's coming?
The end of Gaza

Where did you hear that?

IDF Spox: Gaza will be a tent city.

paraphrasing, but that's the gist of it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:34:21 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

its 1973 all over again
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:34:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By absael:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4tlbr3RVy4
View Quote

Good post.  Cockroaches scurrying in the light.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#49]

@ AZNetEng

It was a false alarm set off by a bad case of on edge.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZNetEng:
Still playing catch up... did we get confirmation that Hezbollah did come across the border?

@ AZNetEng

It was a false alarm set off by a bad case of on edge.
Ok. That was the last thing I read.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:34:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By shaggy:

I agree.  Short of nuking Gaza (which isn't going to happen for any number of reasons) there's going to be dug in terrorists in Gaza when the IDF goes in and thats going to cost a lot if Israeli lives.  Mine the everloving fuck out of the security perimeter, and if so much as a frisbee comes flying over the wall, Israeli artillery and the IAF makes several more blocks of Gaza disappear.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shaggy:

Salt the earth strategy
Page / 960
Israel currently under attack (Page 293 of 960)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top