Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Israel currently under attack (Page 370 of 953)
Page / 953
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:28:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Solo_] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By michigan66:
Three videos from MEMRI from school children in the United States.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxYhO8bqC2c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yOXPc_W4Nk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHXCmEWxMY4
View Quote
Hahahahahah... that's literal tribal shit - with a sprinkle of self martyr immolation.
On US soil.

Now, listen - I am an immigrant too. I was born here but they brought be right back to Shitaly.
Grew up there.
Came back here only 10 years ago - as an immigrant.

As such I tell you - I tell you all - if you come to the United States and refuse to assimilate and integrate, speak (and write) proficiently the English language, accept the tradition and culture of the United States well then, you need to go the fuck back to your shithole.

These are radicalized here in the US. It's something I can not bear to see - because I still work my ass off to assimilate here.

Fuck them all
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:29:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: alaskan_9974] [#2]
Originally Posted By SparticleBrane:
Watching the stream right now.

Pretty sunset tonight, at least.

Something big is on fire, too.

https://i.imgur.com/YIs6fRj.png
View Quote

I forgot how to tell time. Sunset not sunrise. Lol
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:29:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SBR_Slut:

IMO they've been studying the Ukraine war intensely - learning from it just like they learned from Desert Storm and the Yugoslav intervention.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SBR_Slut:
Originally Posted By Rifle_length:
Originally Posted By R0N:
Originally Posted By Rifle_length:
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
Originally Posted By Tallahasseezz:

North Korean weapons, that lines up well with this being a Chinese/Iran backed operation.

China has no interest in this fight. If anything, I would say Russia instead of China, as Russia has been tight with Kim Jong-Un procuring arms shipments for their continuing war in Ukraine.
The Chinese interest in this fight is academic with a smidge of pot stirring. They are watching keenly and loving what they are seeing.

Probably more than academic.  They know at the end of a empire's life all that is necessary is the right nudge to cause its collapses, and empires tend to collapse because their economies cannot support both its domestic spending and its overseas commit
Spot on as usual Ron. I should have said more specifically they are watching the US response in the Israel situation, comparing that to the US response in regards to Ukraine and adjusting/adapting as necessary.

IMO they've been studying the Ukraine war intensely - learning from it just like they learned from Desert Storm and the Yugoslav intervention.

There are lessons to be learned from the Russo-Ukrainian War, but it's also very easy to come away with the wrong ones.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

@BB the Iranians believe neither Israel nor USA would dare attack them within their national territory and sounding like a warning that will extend to their allies or it’s a warning not to try with their allies. There’s numerous Iran state news articles boasting country of Iran is untouchable
View Quote

they should ask Mohsen Fakhrizadeh what his opinion is on that position.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:30:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:31:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:

How many Christians that you know eat lobster, shrimp, scallops, crab, bacon, and/or pork chops?  People always rationalize their way around prohibitions.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nophun:

Unless I'm not understanding, he says everything they did is forbidden by their religion. They did it anyway.

How many Christians that you know eat lobster, shrimp, scallops, crab, bacon, and/or pork chops?  People always rationalize their way around prohibitions.

Not to get too far off topic, but where is any of that prohibited in Christianity?

Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:31:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Is there any map that shows where the drilling rigs are off the coast of Israel ?
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:31:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Federov:

Little too heavy of a loadout?  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/67160/IMG_20220801_195628047_2_jpg-2988884.JPG
View Quote

That got me thinking as well. My Desert Eagle won’t fly with shorts and a t shirt in Florida and I sold my Galil decades ago. Maybe I throw the Timberwolf pump in the truck. On second thought I’m sure I’ve got some IMI ammo around. I’ll just swap mays (after a light coat of bacon grease)
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:31:56 PM EDT
[#9]

@fike deleted all of my page 366 and page 367 North Korean reply posts, won't bug you further about North Korean small arms
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fike:

WTF. You have taken this off a cliff to the absurd.

I apologize for making the mistake of talking about pictures of guns shown and wanting to discuss the specifics. Once upon a time we did that on this site dedicated to firearms.

Carry on with whatever the fuck it is you are doing. I'll bow out on the subject to not further disrupt the thread.

@fike deleted all of my page 366 and page 367 North Korean reply posts, won't bug you further about North Korean small arms
Not sure why this thread is getting way over modded. Maybe the most I have ever seen.

F Hamas
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:31:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MarkNH:

So Iranian Foreign Affairs Minister Hossein Amirabdollahian is Ok with Hamas launching a ground invasion of Israel, but if Israel launches a ground invasion of Gaza it's a war crime?
View Quote

On the one hand I try to know Americas enemies but the deeper I go like an undercover cop, it starts getting so weird I have to hit the range with a friend or grab a surfboard and take a break. As wacky as that guy sounds, that’s top of iceberg for them.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:32:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By billpete:

I got in trouble in the Army for saying, in 2006, that we need to not drop JDAMs but drop "J-Crew" (meaning popular, social items) instead.  Win the population over, and let them do our work for us.

Drop millions of iPhones today, give them free, unfiltered access to the internet (Starlink-like?) and watch what happens...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By billpete:
Originally Posted By burkeva:

The best way to defeat Iran is to destabilize it from the inside while also surgically striking its key leaders and facilities and etc. pl3nty of thier young people hate the mullahs.

I got in trouble in the Army for saying, in 2006, that we need to not drop JDAMs but drop "J-Crew" (meaning popular, social items) instead.  Win the population over, and let them do our work for us.

Drop millions of iPhones today, give them free, unfiltered access to the internet (Starlink-like?) and watch what happens...

They would use them to help coordinate attacks on infidels.  You aren't changing thousands of years of "culture" with iPhones.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:33:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Element94] [#12]
Originally Posted By kncook:

No boots.

F22, F35, B2, B21, etc.

Destroy all Military infrastructure.

All.
View Quote

"We find the terms of your proposal acceptable."

(stolen from Cipher214)
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Live streams are starting to get jiggy. Looks like Israel wasn't joking about that deadline to clear Gaza.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:33:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By TXBBQGuy:

Not to get too far off topic, but where is any of that prohibited in Christianity?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TXBBQGuy:
Originally Posted By nophun:

Unless I'm not understanding, he says everything they did is forbidden by their religion. They did it anyway.

It’s not.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:33:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Utahshooting:

IDF Defense Minister said as much a few days ago. They are going to destroy Gaza, and finally abandon the ludicrous 2 state system.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GoldenMead:

They just ordered 1.1 million people to evacuate.  I'm pretty sure we can predict how they will proceed.  They will level every building as they move.  No reason to fight in a building just destroy it and move to the next.  I've personally fought room to room and it sucks.  I don't see Israel clearing building after building.  Gaza will be leveled flat.

IDF Defense Minister said as much a few days ago. They are going to destroy Gaza, and finally abandon the ludicrous 2 state system.

A childhood neighbor of mine cleared buildings in Iraq back in 2003.  Dropped multiple hostiles and took a bullet to the plate on his back in close quarters.  Rough experiences that weighed on him for years afterwards.

I wouldn't wish that thing on the Israelis, day after day.  Give the enemy a chance to surrender and level the buildings for those who don't surrender.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:33:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By wganz:

GOOD! Finally!!

An unarmed Jew is just a yet to be murdered Jew.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By realwar:
Jewish NYC councilwoman Inna Vernikov is arrested for wearing a gun on her waist while opposing pro-Palestine rally at Brooklyn College

Continued

GOOD! Finally!!

Whats good about that?
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By brokenhorsey:

in North Korea they'd execute the civilians that were found with those items
Probably similar result
View Quote

They do. But South Korea still tries. Some day the Norks will be overrun by their own people.
But it may take a few more years.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By tsg68:

There were three opportunities to take out the regime during the Arab Spring era and for some reason our leadership at the time refused to advance those opportunities even though we supported it elsewhere like Egypt and Libya…why allow the regime to remain intact unless you need it as either a pariah or proxy
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tsg68:
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Iran is using Hezbollah to start a war with us,  we are being drawn right into there plans. Iran's leaders need to be taken out. Because Irans population does not want war, you take out the leaders the population there will do the rest.

There were three opportunities to take out the regime during the Arab Spring era and for some reason our leadership at the time refused to advance those opportunities even though we supported it elsewhere like Egypt and Libya…why allow the regime to remain intact unless you need it as either a pariah or proxy

It's been a while, but didn't the regime change we supported in Egypt actually take it the wrong direction (from a normal American's standpoint) or am I misremembering?

If so, that would explain why FBHO supported it
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:35:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
Tres riche
View Quote
I mean they are welcome to stay, it's a stupid move to stay but so be it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:36:09 PM EDT
[#20]

@BB the Iranians believe neither Israel nor USA would dare attack them within their national territory and sounding like a warning that will extend to their allies or it's a warning not to try with their allies. There's numerous Iran state news articles boasting country of Iran is untouchable
View Quote
We should totally touch them then.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:36:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By BB:

Whats good about that?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BB:
Jewish NYC councilwoman Inna Vernikov is arrested for wearing a gun on her waist while opposing pro-Palestine rally at Brooklyn College

Continued

GOOD! Finally!!

Whats good about that?

I suspect the “good” refers to her carrying and giving ZF about NYC’s BS laws.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:37:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Is there any map that shows where the drilling rigs are off the coast of Israel ?
View Quote

I think the closest offshore rigs are actually in Egyptian waters.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:37:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Walleyeguy24:

I think they are going to wait as long as they can.  I expect a serious increase in bombing, and especially artillery after the 24 last call expires tonight.  Then, go in once everything is flattened. There is definitely going to be a window that will expire where the West loses its backbone.  Israel needs to do all it can to eliminate as much of northen Gaza while making at least a nominal attempt to reduce "civilian" casualties.  Then they go in with ground forces and clear what is left and set up a DNZ.
View Quote
I am guessing, based on the buildings collapsing below street level, that they are hitting underground hubs to stop hamas from being able to pop up anywhere in the city.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:37:45 PM EDT
[#25]
@CarmelBytheSea and @realwar

Although I am new and my opinion may not matter….thank you for posting the content you find.

Fuck be upon these assholes.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:38:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Shane333:
A childhood neighbor of mine cleared buildings in Iraq back in 2003.  Dropped multiple hostiles and took a bullet to the plate on his back in close quarters.  Rough experiences that weighed on him for years afterwards.

I wouldn't wish that thing on the Israelis, day after day.  Give the enemy a chance to surrender and level the buildings for those who don't surrender.
View Quote

MOUT/CQB is no joke. It is up close and personal. However, it is what we train for. It is what we got paid to do. The IDF are hardened fighters who have the recent massacre fresh in their mind and are professionals.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:38:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By The_Like_Button:
There's no point in occupying countries in the Middle East. They act, we take out their power, water, telecoms, naval assets, military installations and their cultural sites. Sink tankers and transports in their harbors, bomb their manufacturing and raw material processing centers, They act up we do it all over. Outside of forward observers, we never put boots on the ground.
View Quote

I'm ok with this
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:38:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By LarpHard:

6? Iran isn't going to be a pushover and has allies in Russia and China. They have drones reverse engineered from our own. Add to that the force projection issues that far out. We'd probably lose a carrier unless very lucky. They can also close down the straight of Hormuz which would play havoc on the global economy.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LarpHard:
Originally Posted By Solace22:
honest question on a scale of 1-10 how big of a deal is war with Iran?
1 being desert storm level push over, 10 being complete nuclear war across the globe, end of civilization likely.

6? Iran isn't going to be a pushover and has allies in Russia and China. They have drones reverse engineered from our own. Add to that the force projection issues that far out. We'd probably lose a carrier unless very lucky. They can also close down the straight of Hormuz which would play havoc on the global economy.

Screen name checks out.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:39:36 PM EDT
[#29]
'Hezbollah fighters waiting for orders' in Beirut. Another front is about to open up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzRr6WU9fkQ
View Quote

please do it Hezbollah!

Some soldiers will die in combat but it allows them to save some civilians that would have been murdered if you didn’t go into Beirut….or all Lebanon.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:40:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Talon66:

Seconded.
View Quote

fwiw I liked hearing about North Korean ak’s
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:41:04 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GoldenMead:

They just ordered 1.1 million people to evacuate.  I'm pretty sure we can predict how they will proceed.  They will level every building as they move.  No reason to fight in a building just destroy it and move to the next.  I've personally fought room to room and it sucks.  I don't see Israel clearing building after building.  Gaza will be leveled flat.

There is no surrender with them. They’re terrorists. This just affords them an opportunity to regroup and fight again.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:41:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Rebel31:
Other part of the video of the Reuters scene

View Quote
Are these journalists going into a war zone not even given basic first aid training??
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:42:04 PM EDT
[#33]
The USA is about to get sucked into this within days.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:42:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By BB:

I think the closest offshore rigs are actually in Egyptian waters.
View Quote
Thanks. I just had a talk with a customer that just got back from Jordan. He had some interesting experiences.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:42:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:
CivDiv (USMC vet who fought with the Kurds and the Ukrainians) uploaded avideo about war tunnels, going in depth about the construction of an underground base and tunnel complex from his time in the YPG. It details that tunnels are pretty difficult to beat, and, if this is what the Kurds could do in the middle of nowhere, I imagine that HAMAS has dug some absurdly elaborate networks under Gaza.

In short, a tunnel doesn't mean "shitty hallway under the ground." A motivated force can create surprisingly elaborate and developed bases underground, including electricity, remote weapons, running water, drainage and plumbing, etc. The combination of intelligent defensive design, the maze-like tunnels and the knowledge of their layout and hidden exits means that tunnel networks are an extremely formidable target, nigh impossible to clear by infantry.

He does mention that the tunnels he was in were resistant to bunker busters due to being deep under a mountain, which is something HAMAS might not have the luxury of, but it does demonstrate that even heavy explosives aren't necessarily a solution.

To go over the common measures people propose:

. His tunnels had various camouflaged ventilation shafts to provide oxygen and protect against gas attacks. Soldiers were also equipped with personal oxygen and gas masks, with more being placed in shelters.

. The drainage systems are an effective countermeasure for flooding attacks; it would take extremely large amounts of water to completely flood a tunnel.

. There are countless hidden exits to the surface, which means besieging a tunnel is almost impossible. There are also large stocks of supplies stored within the tunnels themselves.

. The tight spaces and defensive design of the complexes make them pretty much impossible to assault with infantry.

. The depths of tunnels add pretty good resistance to bunker busters.
View Quote

There are tunnel countermeasures that are effective especially if you can find an access point, which is probably easy peasy now with thermal and geophones.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:42:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:

Bring your off topic discussions here

View Quote

Yep 👍🏻 thanks for the reminder @Cpt_Kirks
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:42:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:43:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By tnriverluver:
View Quote

Directly? I doubt it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:43:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By MrM1A1:

It’s not.
View Quote

Prefaced with I eat all of that stuff and am Christian.

Isn’t the reason the Jews don’t eat pork/shrimp “unclean” meat layed out in the Old Testament? In which case the same reason would apply to Christians?

Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:43:55 PM EDT
[#40]
FWIW, we're all supposedly gun people here so here is an Iranian AK.

The biggest visual indicator that an AK is Iranian is the pistol grip. Brown, synthetic with a very distinctive shape.

Notice no slant brake either, like Polytech or Norinco AKs.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:43:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Iraq and Iran fought a stalemated war for ten years.  We fought Iraq for 100 hours and it was epically lopsided.
I don't think Iran is going to be a problem if we do go conventional with them.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:44:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By _DR:

Al Jizz-eera's biased news reporting makes CNN look fair and balanced. No love lost here.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By _DR:
Al Jazeera correspondent and a cameraman: Hit by Israeli shelling in South Lebanon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbtzT67xFFA

Al Jizz-eera's biased news reporting makes CNN look fair and balanced. No love lost here.

I don't know about that... i think on most topics they are way more balanced than CNN, but this topic is obviously close to home for them.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:44:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By tnriverluver:
View Quote

If not sooner.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:44:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:45:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Swampgrass:

La means no.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Swampgrass:
Originally Posted By midmo:
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
video in tweet. Edit - autocorrect.

The "la la la la la" at the end was odd, and disturbing.  Blocking out reality for the few minutes she had left, assuming that's her in the pic.  

La means no.

Thanks

themoreyouknow.meme
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:45:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
I guess I'd rather go out with a 2000lb Jdam to the face than get executed online
View Quote

Locked up and tortured by animals?

Level the building and put me at peace
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:45:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By BB:

Whats good about that?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BB:

Continued

GOOD! Finally!!

Whats good about that?

I think he was saying it's good she chose to arm herself.

Unfortunately she did not educate herself about local laws and quickly lost her license.

Welcome to the resistance, lady!
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 1:46:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Bedouin2W:
FWIW, we're all supposedly gun people here so here is an Iranian AK.

The biggest visual indicator that an AK is Iranian is the pistol grip. Brown, synthetic with a very distinctive shape.

https://i.ibb.co/ZSXBHgJ/Screenshot-20231013-124025-Brave.jpg

Notice no slant brake either, like Polytech or Norinco AKs.
View Quote

Yep you and @fike are correct

good post and example 👍🏻
Page / 953
Israel currently under attack (Page 370 of 953)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top