Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Israel currently under attack (Page 783 of 952)
Page / 952
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 10:17:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By x248716x:

sure seems like a lot of peaceniks in Israel.  that whole Nova peace-love festival.  and then those pali-simp orthodox jews with the funky sideburns.  of all places.
View Quote

Reality of the situation aside, (and not how I live my life) but is it such a bad thing that so many Jews want peace? Kind of frames the issue is many respects.

As for the Orthodox Jews that are Pro-Palestinian, someone (I think in this thread) said something brilliant “they are the Westboro Baptist Church of Jews”.  In spite of the fact that they get a lot press (because it is good for the other side) they are a very small group and no one else agrees with them.

As for the sideburns, most of the orthodox have them. (They are often hidden by being combed over the ears or cut somewhat short with scissors). The Bible specifically commands not to shave that area. (The Hebrew is a bit more specific)

As an FYI, In spite of western art and film, Jesus would have had them.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 10:17:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Donut777donut] [#2]
Ghost meme here

Edit… beat
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 10:22:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ibn_Huq] [#3]
Originally Posted By Hunter8282:

Now that is an ass if I've ever seen one!  
View Quote

Wrecking ball, try one on for size

Be a man among men!
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 10:23:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Hunter8282:

Now that is an ass if I've ever seen one!  
View Quote

Well, indeed it is. I initially scrolled past after reading not even noticing.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 10:28:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:

I'm assuming they're waiting on Israel to get low on supplies, then strike. Only issue for them is the U.S. getting in the way. And Israel not running out of bombs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:
Originally Posted By Ridgeline:
Originally Posted By Booray:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Your terms are acceptable.  Take each one down one at a time.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-07OX1XsAAfiL6?format=jpg&name=900x900

Is this like in the movies when each henchman waits their turn for an ass beating by the hero?

I've been wondering from day 1 if Hezbollah was pulling a page from Marshal Zhukov in this whole thing.

Wait for Israel to commit fully to Hamas then strike. Israel seems to have been mitigating this.

The problem with that approach is that there will be little possibility of operational surprise (since the terrain and direction of attack are pretty well known/obvious) and I'm sure the Izzys have a pretty competent defense-in-depth set up by now.

I'm assuming they're waiting on Israel to get low on supplies, then strike. Only issue for them is the U.S. getting in the way. And Israel not running out of bombs.

Even then, assuming the IDF has set up a proper defense with wire, claymores, artillery, etc, Hezbollah will have a devil of a time trying to even take out the initial line of Israeli defenses.  I can almost guarantee that the hardpoints along the border are no longer manned solely by a small team of draftees monitoring cameras and sensors.  Hezbollah attacking would probably end up making the current Russian efforts in Ukraine look like the Desert Storm ground invasion in comparison.  Considering the fact that the Izzys are one of the largest weapons producers in the region and IMI is one of the world's premier ammunition manufacturers, my guess is the Hezzies will run out of willing bodies long before the Izzys run out of ammunition.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 10:33:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Plainsman62:

That is quite possibly the ugliest woman I have ever seen.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Plainsman62:

That is quite possibly the ugliest woman I have ever seen.

You've obviously never seen a female Australian Aborigine.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 10:40:53 PM EDT
[#7]
This thread is having trouble staying on page 1. I read that Israel could be at war for at least 12 months. The only thing we have seen is escalation.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 10:44:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brok3n] [#8]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

I read something that said they do that because they found out that plain round helmets made them stick out like a sore thumb to pali snipers. They appear lumpy from afar while wearing those. Supposedly, they can shift them around to provide shade on their necks in the direction of the sun, too.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By alacop:
Originally Posted By michigan66:

An Israeli soldier holds a rescued dog as he takes position near a bomb shelter in Kibbutz Kfar Aza, in southern Israel.  Out of 400 inhabitants, 72 were dead or missing after 7 October.  
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FAe_qW0AEne-7?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Why do they wear those bags on their helmets?

I read something that said they do that because they found out that plain round helmets made them stick out like a sore thumb to pali snipers. They appear lumpy from afar while wearing those. Supposedly, they can shift them around to provide shade on their necks in the direction of the sun, too.

TWZ did an article on this recently:

Israeli Troops' 'Chef's Hat' Helmet Covers Explained

The headgear is primarily used for camouflage. Much larger in size than the helmets they cover, they are designed to break up the highly-recognizable rounded shape of helmets, especially amongst the asymmetry of nature. While other helmet covers often retain the overall helmet shape, the Mitznefet distorts their shape entirely. Even in camouflage colors and patterns, rounded helmets stick out in natural surroundings, making the Mitznefet useful for the concealment of those wearing it. This is especially important for long-range snipers trying to pick out a target to hit.

They are also used to prevent any light sources from reflecting off the user's helmet, as they are typically made from mesh material. This is less of an issue now than it once was, but regardless, it's another potential benefit. The Mitznefet can provide protection from the sun for the wearer, and is easily adjustable to provide maximum head coverage   a critical benefit in the hot deserts of the Middle East. It can also be worn without a helmet underneath.
Modern-day iterations are produced by various Israeli tactical gear manufacturers, the most prominent of which is Agilite. Agilite's Mitznefet is made from military-specification nylon mesh and includes military-specification plastic hardware produced by the American company ITW Nexus. Its coverings are fully adjustable to all helmet sizes and also feature tethers to connect them securely to helmets.

I'll need to add a set to my kit eventually.

Link Posted: 11/13/2023 11:15:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By yodude:
This thread is having trouble staying on page 1. I read that Israel could be at war for at least 12 months. The only thing we have seen is escalation.
View Quote

the demise of the Haji-bldg live stream probably contributed to that.  and not as much happening on the Sderot live streams, although we see transiting armor and vehicles occasionally, not like early days.

Hamas operators melting away into the Gaza general population is going to pose a significant challenge for Israel occupation force, they're going to have to go full-STASI.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 11:18:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: armoredman] [#10]
The Mitznefet - I want one.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 11:26:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Mike_314:
Sadly for her, peace activism met reality.
View Quote

Eventually they all meet the same fate.

What a waste.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 11:34:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Brok3n:
Originally Posted By alacop:

An Israeli soldier holds a rescued dog as he takes position near a bomb shelter in Kibbutz Kfar Aza, in southern Israel.  Out of 400 inhabitants, 72 were dead or missing after 7 October.  
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8FAe_qW0AEne-7?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Why do they wear those bags on their helmets?

The headgear is primarily used for camouflage. Much larger in size than the helmets they cover, they are designed to break up the highly-recognizable rounded shape of helmets, especially amongst the asymmetry of nature. While other helmet covers often retain the overall helmet shape, the Mitznefet distorts their shape entirely. Even in camouflage colors and patterns, rounded helmets stick out in natural surroundings, making the Mitznefet useful for the concealment of those wearing it. This is especially important for long-range snipers trying to pick out a target to hit.

They are also used to prevent any light sources from reflecting off the user's helmet, as they are typically made from mesh material. This is less of an issue now than it once was, but regardless, it's another potential benefit. The Mitznefet can provide protection from the sun for the wearer, and is easily adjustable to provide maximum head coverage   a critical benefit in the hot deserts of the Middle East. It can also be worn without a helmet underneath.
Modern-day iterations are produced by various Israeli tactical gear manufacturers, the most prominent of which is Agilite. Agilite's Mitznefet is made from military-specification nylon mesh and includes military-specification plastic hardware produced by the American company ITW Nexus. Its coverings are fully adjustable to all helmet sizes and also feature tethers to connect them securely to helmets.

Boonie hat optional.

Link Posted: 11/13/2023 11:45:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AJ-IN-JAX] [#13]
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By AJ-IN-JAX:
View Quote

Brilliant!
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 11:57:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Hamas really should appreciate that Israeli largass

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 11:59:07 PM EDT
[#16]

the demise of the Haji-bldg live stream probably contributed to that.  and not as much happening on the Sderot live streams, although we see transiting armor and vehicles occasionally, not like early days.

Hamas operators melting away into the Gaza general population is going to pose a significant challenge for Israel occupation force, they're going to have to go full-STASI.
View Quote

But if the Palestinians are so peaceful and not at sll representative of Hamas terrorists, surely they’ll rat out the terrorists creating so many problems for them, right?
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 12:02:48 AM EDT
[#17]

Maybe they should’ve thought that shit through beforehand…
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 12:04:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By texashomeserver:
View Quote

They’re gonna find out many of these “hostages” were murdered before they ever got to Gaza.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 12:05:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: realwar] [#19]
Translation: Hezbollah broadcasts footage of targeting a gathering of occupation soldiers inside the “Barkat Risha” site on the border

????.. ??? ???? ??? ?????? ???????? ?????? ????? ???????? ???? ???? "???? ????" ??? ??????
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 12:08:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By BM1455:

Israel is calling Hamas' bluff on the baby issue.  Mobile incubators means the babies can be evacuated to save them if Hamas really cares about the babies.
View Quote

They’ll find a way to turn the incubators into bombs.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 12:12:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#21]

kind of surprised that PedoJoe POTATUS allowed a US official to says something like that, counter to his libtard preferrable narrative.
View Quote

The DoD is fighting with the White House over expanding support for Israel.  The more of this stuff sees daylight the stronger their case gets.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 12:25:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By tsg68:

They’re gonna find out many of these “hostages” were murdered before they ever got to Gaza.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tsg68:

Absolutely will but, that's not how the media will spin it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 12:27:22 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

The jews made me loose
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 12:28:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Evacuating wounded soldiers from Gaza by helicopter

Unseen footage: Israeli army's daring Gaza evacuation | News9
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 12:32:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Netanyahu visits joint Jewish Bedouin army unit

Exclusive: Netanyahu visits joint Jewish Bedouin army unit | News9

The Israeli Government on Monday (November 13) Released Footage of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's Meeting With Commanders and Soldiers With Israel's Desert Reconnaissance Battalion. "You Are the Future of Us All. Our Partnership is the Future of Us All Against These Savages," Netanyahu Said in the Video. The Unit, Also Known as the Bedouin Battalion, is Comprised of Largely Volunteers From Israel's Negev Bedouin Community, Under the Military's Southern Command and Has Been Active in Combat Against Hamas Militants Inside the Gaza Strip.

Israeli Forces Are Fighting a Ground Campaign Inside the Densely-populated Gaza Strip After Palestinian Fighters Rampaged Through Israeli Communities on Oct. 7, Killing 1,200 People and Taking More Than 200 Captives. The Victims Include Members of Israel's Bedouin Arab Minority and at Least Four of Those Believed to Held Hostage Are Bedouin Members of the Ziadna Family From Rahat.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 12:36:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rpoL98] [#26]

"This is the picture on one of the streets in the Gaza Strip. At least 6 Israeli tanks are reported to be disabled. Those who survived made a tactical escape."

https://t.me/vorposte/49823
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 12:39:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By neshomamench:

As for the Orthodox Jews that are Pro-Palestinian, someone (I think in this thread) said something brilliant “they are the Westboro Baptist Church of Jews”.

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/14/2023 12:40:06 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Love that.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 1:23:34 AM EDT
[#29]

Or worse. Everyone thought the West Bank was going to blow up.  In July they carried out the largest military operatiom in 20 years there.  Conditions haven't gotten better but rather worse.  So the IDF could be looking at a three-front war:  Gaza, the West Bank, and Lebanon.  

TIC background paper on July's raid on Jenin.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rossi:
Israel better be very careful.  It could end up another Operation Barbarossa.

Or worse. Everyone thought the West Bank was going to blow up.  In July they carried out the largest military operatiom in 20 years there.  Conditions haven't gotten better but rather worse.  So the IDF could be looking at a three-front war:  Gaza, the West Bank, and Lebanon.  

TIC background paper on July's raid on Jenin.

Shortly before 2 a.m. on July 5, 2023, the Israeli security force operation in Jenin and the Jenin refugee camp ended; it had lasted for 48 hours.

It was broadest Israeli security force activity in the Jenin area since 2002[1] and led to the destruction of about one thousand IEDs, the exposure and destruction of dozens of sites for the manufacture of weapons, underground shafts, and command and operation rooms. In addition, hundreds of thousands of dollars’ worth of shekels used to fund terrorist activities were seized. An IDF fighter was killed as the forces left the area.

Local residents were elated when the Israeli security forces left the Jenin region and despite the destruction, went out into the streets to celebrate their “victory.” Hamas and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ)...claimed the operation was a Palestinian achievement and victory over Israel because it reaffirmed the unity of the [terrorist] organizations.. The Palestinian Authority (PA) and its security services were severely criticized for not having helped the residents of Jenin attacked the offices of the Jenin district governor.  Senior Fatah and PA figures were kicked oit of  the funerals held for Palestinians who had been killed.

So, I hope Israel did all the History homework.

Link Posted: 11/14/2023 1:34:15 AM EDT
[#30]

It won't be easy for sure. I have no clue what their goals would be.  We can only guess of what we see online.

Striking first and taking land where short range rockets will be launched taking them out of play might be one goal.  Long range rockets are easier to intercept so it might give them breathing room.

I am playing armchair General here so take that for all you paid for it.
View All Quotes

Israel better be very careful.  It could end up another Operation Barbarossa.

It won't be easy for sure. I have no clue what their goals would be.  We can only guess of what we see online.

Striking first and taking land where short range rockets will be launched taking them out of play might be one goal.  Long range rockets are easier to intercept so it might give them breathing room.

I am playing armchair General here so take that for all you paid for it.

The problem is for how long Israel can sustain it.    In WW II the allies has tons of material coming through to feed their armies.  Germany had none and we wee where it ended up.  Who is supplying Israel now?  Can it really count on the US in the long run with those sellouts in DC?

Link Posted: 11/14/2023 1:37:13 AM EDT
[#31]

Re:  financiers, I agree.  They have attacked them in the recent past.  In mid-2019, Israel’s military used a precision strike on a narrow street to kill a Hamas commander whom it called Iran’s money man in Gaza.

View All Quotes

The question is how sustainable both sides' goals are.

If Hamas' goals are the ones listed, yes, they accomplished several.  However, for how long?  It appears that they gambled everything on the Oct 7 attack and got short-term results that will vanish in a few months.  How long can it resist the IDF and how long will the "demonstrations" last?   Hamas' situation now reminds me of the Nazis when they launched the Ardennes campaign at the end of WW II.  

On the Israeli side, destroying Hamas' combat capabilities only seems possible by eliminating everyone of those beasts, but even so, that organization's financiers might start a new franchise in some of those terrorist countries and start all over again.  The only way I see this panning out is if Israel start hunting those financiers the same way it hunted Nazis after WW II.   The barbarism level isn't different, so quite justifiable.

For the world, what Hamas did is just a small sample of what is in store for humanity if the ones pulling Hamas' strings continue having free reign.

Re:  financiers, I agree.  They have attacked them in the recent past.  In mid-2019, Israel’s military used a precision strike on a narrow street to kill a Hamas commander whom it called Iran’s money man in Gaza.

I'm thinking about the gangs giving money to that guy and Iran itself.  Well, we know of at least one who sent 100s of billions in cash many years ago and another who just sent 6bi (that we know of).   Who they take orders from?

Link Posted: 11/14/2023 1:54:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By rpoL98:
https://i.imgur.com/3SioVvi.jpg

"This is the picture on one of the streets in the Gaza Strip. At least 6 Israeli tanks are reported to be disabled. Those who survived made a tactical escape."

https://t.me/vorposte/49823
View Quote

Any more photos of this?  Because I'm kinda skeptical its what that text claims it is.

I mean first of all there are no tanks in that picture, its bulldozers and heavy APCs.

Link Posted: 11/14/2023 2:01:10 AM EDT
[#33]

Even then, assuming the IDF has set up a proper defense with wire, claymores, artillery, etc, Hezbollah will have a devil of a time trying to even take out the initial line of Israeli defenses.  I can almost guarantee that the hardpoints along the border are no longer manned solely by a small team of draftees monitoring cameras and sensors.  Hezbollah attacking would probably end up making the current Russian efforts in Ukraine look like the Desert Storm ground invasion in comparison.  Considering the fact that the Izzys are one of the largest weapons producers in the region and IMI is one of the world's premier ammunition manufacturers, my guess is the Hezzies will run out of willing bodies long before the Izzys run out of ammunition.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Booray:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Your terms are acceptable.  Take each one down one at a time.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-07OX1XsAAfiL6?format=jpg&name=900x900

Is this like in the movies when each henchman waits their turn for an ass beating by the hero?

I've been wondering from day 1 if Hezbollah was pulling a page from Marshal Zhukov in this whole thing.

Wait for Israel to commit fully to Hamas then strike. Israel seems to have been mitigating this.

The problem with that approach is that there will be little possibility of operational surprise (since the terrain and direction of attack are pretty well known/obvious) and I'm sure the Izzys have a pretty competent defense-in-depth set up by now.

One still needs raw material to make stuff...

Link Posted: 11/14/2023 2:14:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

"Zenith" you say. I'm reminded of the driving thought of pretty much all of my statistics courses: relative to what?
View Quote

A surveyor might define "zenith" as the direction 90° from a tangent to the nominal plane of the earth's surface at your current location.  Or 180° from the direction of a suspended plum bob.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 2:20:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Tyvar:

Any more photos of this?  Because I'm kinda skeptical its what that text claims it is.

I mean first of all there are no tanks in that picture, its bulldozers and heavy APCs.

View Quote
They also dont look 'dead'
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 2:23:00 AM EDT
[#36]
https://t.me/vorposte/49835

Момент прилёта по одному из танков Merkava.

"The moment of arrival at one of the Merkava tanks." (ATGM allegedly)

Link Posted: 11/14/2023 3:10:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Hamas Proposes To Free 70 Israeli Hostages In Exchange For 5-day Truce

Link Posted: 11/14/2023 3:12:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Did the Haji Building camera go offline?

Any idea why and when?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 3:35:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: x248716x] [#39]
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 3:40:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 7:25:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By realwar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV-mTy9Tefg
View Quote

Screams of desperation.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 7:43:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Pretty good vid in the tweet.

Link Posted: 11/14/2023 7:57:33 AM EDT
[#43]
LIVE: View into Gaza as Al-Shifa hospital no longer functioning
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 8:13:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 8:19:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 8:23:42 AM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 11/14/2023 8:31:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F-41e_ZXEAA37Xd?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

Awesome
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 8:32:46 AM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

It's Beautiful!
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 8:37:02 AM EDT
[#49]
The IDF has confirmed the death of Noa Marciano, 19, one of the young Israeli soldiers taken captive by Hamas on October 7.

Yesterday, Hamas published a clip of Marciano speaking in captivity, about four days after her abduction.

The second part of the clip shows Marciano dead with a severe head wound.

Hamas claims it was the result of Israel Air Force bombing, but forensic experts have said it appears more likely that she was beaten to death.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/14/2023 8:37:32 AM EDT
[#50]

Page / 952
Israel currently under attack (Page 783 of 952)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top