Originally Posted By Captain_Morgan:
From the skinwalker thread.  https://cdn.anonfiles.com/1339610286949.pdf
View Quote

Reading it now---thanks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 2:05:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By iteotwawki:
I've debated sharing it because it sounds too stupid to be real, but I swear on all that I hold dear it happened exactly like I'm telling you.

This happened the other night while my wife was asleep.

I was doing some work and finishing up payroll for my staff at around 2:30 am. Our daughter hasn't been well so I tend to stay up all night to keep an eye on her. I have insomnia anyway. I've had insomnia since I was a baby.

Anyway, my wife screamed the most blood curdling scream I have ever heard in my life. I grabbed my gun and ran into the bedroom. She was sound asleep, curled up in her favorite position, and sleeping so deeply I had to shake her several times to wake her. When she rolls to face me I see that her nose is bloody and so is a spot high on her forehead.

Then I realize that the window is open and the mini blind is stuck out the bottom. Folks, that window is a good twenty + feet in the air and the only way to access it is with a ladder. I yank the blinds up and the window is open about three inches and the screen is still in place. You have to release the screens from the INSIDE of the house, but they're on perfectly. We don't open the windows. Ever. We have central air and that particular window hasn't been opened since our house was painted five years ago.

But the window was open.

My wife leaped out of bed and said, "Oh God, that's how it got in the house in my dream."

I'm shaking at that point. So, she tells me she had a dream that a demon/alien looking thing was using surgical objects on her eyes, nose, and ears. Like I said, she had a bloody nose and blood on her forehead.

I don't know what the hell happened. I checked her hands, thinking she may have scratched herself or something, but there was no blood on her hands or fingers, plus she gets squared nails at the salon with no sharp edges. The window was painted shut so I'm not sure how she could have opened it and if she had, surely I would have heard it. Nothing has happened since then. She keeps a lamp on all night now, though.
View Quote

Damn. Put a Bible in your room. Seriously.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:10:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By WildBoar:

Sounds a lot like hypnopompic imagery. I get it at times. It can be terrifying until you come to know what it it. The images  are tame now but its what you experienced and It can be incredibly creepy.

http://www.end-your-sleep-deprivation.com/hypnopompic-hallucinations.html
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By R_Fury:
This happened to me in August of 1990.  I was 11 years old.

I grew up on a small farm in mid-Michigan in a match box style two story home.  We had a black lap named Lucy and a few geese that would let us know of any visitors’ day or night.  My bed room was on the south/east corner of the second story where it was a straight shot down to the ground.  That summer we had a real problem with critters getting our chickens so I had a single barrel 20 gauge leaning up against the south wall of my bedroom under the south facing window. On the roof line right above my south window, a hive of paper wasps built a nest, and at night I could hear a comfortable hum coming from their nest.

It was real hot and humid that summer and our old home did not have AC so I kept my windows open to allow some sort of ventilation in.  Anyway one night I woke up just not feeling right, like someone was watching me.  I looked around my dark room and saw nothing and shrugged it off.  I rolled over to try to get some more sleep but could not shake the feeling that something was watching me.  I rolled back over and glanced toward the window when I saw it.  It, was a human shaped silhouette only the features were off a bit, it had a huge head and a tiny neck and tiny shoulders, and huge dark eyes.  It was real dark in color that was only a shade or two lighter than the blackness of the night outside my window.  I locked eyes with this thing and I swear that every hair on my body was on end, I am getting goose bumps just thinking about it.  Anyway we locked eyes and I was paralyzed with fear, the only thing I wanted to do was grab the shotgun that I had under the window that it was standing in, which meant that I would have to walk right up to it.  F that.  So we were locked in a stare down for what seemed like an hour, there was no traffic, and no noise at all from outside.  No Katydids, no bugs, no geese, no dog barking, the wasps were nonexistent, absolute silence except for my heart that was pounding in my chest.  

I was terrified; I must have blinked at some point because it vanished.  Within seconds of its disappearance, I could hear the usual night time sounds coming from outside.  As soon as I gathered up enough courage, I grabbed the shot gun and went down stairs to the living room and sat on the couch until the sun came up.  When my parents woke up they found me on the couch white as a ghost clutching a single barrel shotgun.

What has bothered me to this day about that whole ordeal is there was no ledge outside of the window that it was standing in.  It was a straight drop to the ground.  

Sounds a lot like hypnopompic imagery. I get it at times. It can be terrifying until you come to know what it it. The images  are tame now but its what you experienced and It can be incredibly creepy.

Could be....what weirded me out the most, was the silence and the fact it was a straight shot to the ground.  Which means what ever it was, was either tall or hovering.   I still think of locking eyes with it every now and then, and every time I get goose bumps.  What ever it was, I never saw it again.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 10:34:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Blacktide:

Hire me and I will stay up all night in your house, loaded for bear, checking every entry point every 5 minutes.

I highly doubt aliens or demons would fuck with your house if they see me patrolling it.
View All Quotes
I've debated sharing it because it sounds too stupid to be real, but I swear on all that I hold dear it happened exactly like I'm telling you.

I was doing some work and finishing up payroll for my staff at around 2:30 am. Our daughter hasn't been well so I tend to stay up all night to keep an eye on her. I have insomnia anyway. I've had insomnia since I was a baby.

Anyway, my wife screamed the most blood curdling scream I have ever heard in my life. I grabbed my gun and ran into the bedroom. She was sound asleep, curled up in her favorite position, and sleeping so deeply I had to shake her several times to wake her. When she rolls to face me I see that her nose is bloody and so is a spot high on her forehead.

Then I realize that the window is open and the mini blind is stuck out the bottom. Folks, that window is a good twenty + feet in the air and the only way to access it is with a ladder. I yank the blinds up and the window is open about three inches and the screen is still in place. You have to release the screens from the INSIDE of the house, but they're on perfectly. We don't open the windows. Ever. We have central air and that particular window hasn't been opened since our house was painted five years ago.

But the window was open.

My wife leaped out of bed and said, "Oh God, that's how it got in the house in my dream."

I'm shaking at that point. So, she tells me she had a dream that a demon/alien looking thing was using surgical objects on her eyes, nose, and ears. Like I said, she had a bloody nose and blood on her forehead.

I don't know what the hell happened. I checked her hands, thinking she may have scratched herself or something, but there was no blood on her hands or fingers, plus she gets squared nails at the salon with no sharp edges. The window was painted shut so I'm not sure how she could have opened it and if she had, surely I would have heard it. Nothing has happened since then. She keeps a lamp on all night now, though.

Hire me and I will stay up all night in your house, loaded for bear, checking every entry point every 5 minutes.

I highly doubt aliens or demons would fuck with your house if they see me patrolling it.

They see me patrolling, they hating'
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 12:46:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By bauhaus:

Dude!  Your neighbor was Dennis Hopper?!  Find any ears?  

http://marvinlindsay.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451b54369e20134853fe3c6970c-800wi
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bauhaus:
Originally Posted By sleepdr:
He died under very suspicious circumstances. He had some equally creepy friends (bad, bad guys), who somehow managed to get him to leave his estate to them. Shortly thereafter, he was found dead at their place, in the nude. Death was ruled natural.  

We neighborhood kids saw it as our duty to explore his abandoned property. Now that our little light trespassing is far enough in the past, I'll relate a few interesting finds:

The barn in his yard had stairs leading to the top floor, accessed by a trap door. The room was completely empty, save for a wooden rocking chair in the middle. The walls were completely covered with floral wallpaper, including the windows. There was a cellar to the barn, but we didn't have time to check it out.

The smell of decay often came from his property; not surprising since he had many domestic animals/wildlife living there. There was a truck camper that smelled particularly awful. It was locked, and we could see trash bags inside. One of my friends went back later by himself and actually [ahem] gained access to the camper. He poked one of the bags with a screwdriver and was rewarded with a gush of putrefied biomatter. We mentioned it to an adult, who told us it was probably just his dead dog.

His house had been pretty much cleaned out by his newfound heirs. There were a few leftover books on the shelves, and a key with the cryptic notation "underground vault." The basement was unfinished; cinder block walls with a hallway and 2 rooms along one side. Each room was also unfinished; plain concrete walls and a concrete floor, with a single light bulb hanging from the ceiling by a cord. There was a bare wire mattress/spring frame up against the wall in one room. I kid you not, it looked like something you'd see in the movies.

Dude!  Your neighbor was Dennis Hopper?!  Find any ears?  

http://marvinlindsay.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451b54369e20134853fe3c6970c-800wi

I think the guy ate everything including ears. He was fat - "waste not, want not."
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 6:00:17 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

Hey iteotwawki; be warned, he is likely using the Swindle1984 defense.
All. Night. Long.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:10:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By FDrifting:

View All Quotes

But the window was open.

Trying to catch him riding dirty.  

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:47:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I will get a picture of the window later on today. There's nothing much to photograph, though, if I'm being honest. It's just a regular old window. I will get shots from outside and inside, though. Actually, it may be tomorrow because it's raining.

I don't know how to defend against something that I can't see or even understand. Neither of us can figure out what the hell happened that night. We've talked it to death. I've opened the window once since I shut it that night and it was hard as hell to open and it made a loud racket. It was a loud enough racket that my wife came upstairs from the garage sale she was having to see what I was doing. Like I said, I know for a fact that was the first time it had been opened in the five years since we had the house painted. I SHOULD have heard it open that night and didn't. I have since purchased wood that I've wedged into the top of all the windows so they can't be opened from the outside.

But even that feels stupid because the screen was on the window that night. For someone to have opened that window from the outside they would have needed to remove the screen. The screens here latch on the inside of the window. There's no damage to the screen that I could see. Plus the window was locked until that night. It's a regular lock as well.

No other incidents have occurred.

I have had a recurring nightmare since that happened and it's very vivid and always the same. In it, I'm in bed closest to that window (which is my usual spot) and I'm reading my Kindle. I hear something scraping at the window and for some reason I won't even turn my head and look. It's just this oppressive and terrifying feeling that if I turn my head and look I'll see something so evil it will destroy me. That's the feeling I get in the dream. My dream-self is convinced that merely turning my head that way will result in death. I've never had a dream like that before and I'm chalking it up to whatever my wife and I experienced that night. That's all it can be.
View Quote

Damn. Get you some holy water and fling it about the room.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 12:27:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry I haven't gotten those pics up yet. Sick baby is sick.

Nothing else has happened. My wife travels a lot for her job and she said that she's been having trouble sleeping. My wife is basically narcoleptic. If she sits down, she's asleep. So for her to be having trouble sleeping says a lot about our experience. I have moved bibles into the nightstand drawers --- under both windows. She mentioned having the house blessed by her uncle, who is a preacher. I'm fine with that.

As for the alien theory, it's funny you mentioned that. She and her mother both swear that when my wife was about thirteen years old they saw a UFO. According to them, they were up early and driving through a rural area to get to a campsite to join their family. They had stayed behind because my wife had her first dance so they were arriving a day late. Anyway, they both say that out of nowhere this blinding light basically dropped out of the sky and in front of their car. Brakes were hit, they were in a convertible and the top was down. They couldn't hear a sound and the light was so bright they couldn't make out the shape of whatever was causing it. It stayed like that for a good twenty seconds or so and then lifted straight back up. By the time their eyes adjusted to the darkness again (it was before dawn) ... whatever it was had vanished.

They said it made no sound, didn't ruffle their hair, nothing. It gave me goosebumps the first time my wife told me about it. Those goosebumps were even worse when my mother in law told me the same story and cried the entire time recalling it. It was plain creepy.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 2:31:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Could be....what weirded me out the most, was the silence and the fact it was a straight shot to the ground.  Which means what ever it was, was either tall or hovering.   I still think of locking eyes with it every now and then, and every time I get goose bumps.  What ever it was, I never saw it again.
View All Quotes
This happened to me in August of 1990.  I was 11 years old.

I grew up on a small farm in mid-Michigan in a match box style two story home.  We had a black lap named Lucy and a few geese that would let us know of any visitors’ day or night.  My bed room was on the south/east corner of the second story where it was a straight shot down to the ground.  That summer we had a real problem with critters getting our chickens so I had a single barrel 20 gauge leaning up against the south wall of my bedroom under the south facing window. On the roof line right above my south window, a hive of paper wasps built a nest, and at night I could hear a comfortable hum coming from their nest.

It was real hot and humid that summer and our old home did not have AC so I kept my windows open to allow some sort of ventilation in.  Anyway one night I woke up just not feeling right, like someone was watching me.  I looked around my dark room and saw nothing and shrugged it off.  I rolled over to try to get some more sleep but could not shake the feeling that something was watching me.  I rolled back over and glanced toward the window when I saw it.  It, was a human shaped silhouette only the features were off a bit, it had a huge head and a tiny neck and tiny shoulders, and huge dark eyes.  It was real dark in color that was only a shade or two lighter than the blackness of the night outside my window.  I locked eyes with this thing and I swear that every hair on my body was on end, I am getting goose bumps just thinking about it.  Anyway we locked eyes and I was paralyzed with fear, the only thing I wanted to do was grab the shotgun that I had under the window that it was standing in, which meant that I would have to walk right up to it.  F that.  So we were locked in a stare down for what seemed like an hour, there was no traffic, and no noise at all from outside.  No Katydids, no bugs, no geese, no dog barking, the wasps were nonexistent, absolute silence except for my heart that was pounding in my chest.  

I was terrified; I must have blinked at some point because it vanished.  Within seconds of its disappearance, I could hear the usual night time sounds coming from outside.  As soon as I gathered up enough courage, I grabbed the shot gun and went down stairs to the living room and sat on the couch until the sun came up.  When my parents woke up they found me on the couch white as a ghost clutching a single barrel shotgun.

What has bothered me to this day about that whole ordeal is there was no ledge outside of the window that it was standing in.  It was a straight drop to the ground.  

Don't look at this.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:47:56 AM EDT
[#11]
I was discussing the numbers stations with my uncle a couple of months ago when he came up to visit.  Lets call my uncle, George.  He's into all the shortwave radio stuff and has been ever since he was a kid.  He told me a story about when he was younger that his family would go visit his uncle.  His uncle was an Officer of some sort in the Army, I forget what exactly as i'm not that familiar with my mother's side of the familys military service with the exception of my Grandfathers.

At any rate, Uncle West had a shortwave radio setup and my uncle used to use when he visited.  George used to scan frequencies and listen to different stuff and then log it.  Well one week while he was visitng he came across  something strange which later on he would find out that it was a numbers station.  Anyhow he listened to it over the course of the visit and logged each time he had tuned into the frequency and what the pattern was.

I guess one evening Uncle West was going through the log book and noticed all of this and confronted George.  He told him never to go to those frequencies again and not to ask any questions about it, and to more or less just forget he'd ever been to them.  He then took the sheets of paper where George had logged everything and burned them.

And on to my own creepy story.  My wife and I decided we were going to have a house built about 4 years ago.  My parents were kind enough to gift us 6 acres of land to build on.  It's a modular home that's a new construction over family land.  Nothing weird about the property at all really as i've lived there, well about 50 yards away my entire life.  There is a family graveyard behind the house which is another 50-75 yards are so where one of my uncles was buried.  

Anyhow, things were pretty normal the first year or two that we've lived there.  Around the time my wife got pregnant, she started seeing and hearing weird things around the house.  Shadows moving around, odd noises, and things of that nature.  I'll be honest that i'm a little fuzzy on the time line of things and can't remember everything, but there was some honestly weird shit happening.  This continued for quite a while.  Towards the end of her pregnancy, one of my other uncle's passed away and he was buried in the family graveyard as well.  We had spent a lot of time with my uncle over the past few months leading up to his death since my dad was actually in the hospital for about 4 months.  He would ride down with my wife and I to go visit my dad.  So they definitely started to have a strong bond there.  

Anyhow IIRC, after he passed away things continued to get more weird.  She started seeing shadow people at the top of the stairs and in hallways and things were being moved around.  This absolutely scared the shit out of me,b ut I don't think she ever got that creeped out aside from one time when she felt like there was something different at the house.

Anyhow, weird stuff has continued since then.  Some of it makes you feel really uncomfortable while others do not.  I know my wife has read through this thread and i'll see if she feels like sharing any of her stories (she remembers stuff A LOT better than me).
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Red04Cobra:
Anyhow IIRC, after he passed away things continued to get more weird.  She started seeing shadow people at the top of the stairs and in hallways and things were being moved around.  This absolutely scared the shit out of me,b ut I don't think she ever got that creeped out aside from one time when she felt like there was something different at the house.

Anyhow, weird stuff has continued since then.  Some of it makes you feel really uncomfortable while others do not.  I know my wife has read through this thread and i'll see if she feels like sharing any of her stories (she remembers stuff A LOT better than me).
View Quote

Yeah, most of the time the very bad feelings came from around a rocker that my mom gave me. There's no sentimental value or any kind of attachment to that chair. While I was pregnant my mom found out she had cancer. So at this time my brother and my mom were fighting cancer and my husband's uncle had just passed away. She felt the need to buy me things for the nursery. My mom and dad were bad off financially and when she found this rocker at a thrift store for $20 she had to get it. So it's nothing that has been in our family. I keep the rocker because my mom gave it to me.

I would see shadows around the rocker and the shadows at the top of the stairs would go into the nursery. This freaked me out so I moved it to the guest room so I didn't have a direct line of sight to it when coming up the steps. Even after I moved it I would still occasionally see shadows at the rocker or shadows moving to the rocker. These occurrences definitely felt different from other things happening in the house.

To put my mind at ease I convinced myself that if something bad was there that my mom and my husband's uncle took care of it. I have many times heard my mom tell me good morning as I passed my daughter's room. I usually just say hi back to her. I also had one of my daughter's toys talk to me while washing clothes. It is a Lightning McQueen car that talks. Only with me it repeats two phrases in order (which is not the order is says it in when you play with it). It will say where's Mater and we're friends or something like that. Practically every time I went past the toy it would do it..never does it to anyone else and the batteries are fresh. I usually tell it it I don't know where in the hell Mater went and to stop asking.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By Criddle:
Yeah, most of the time the very bad feelings came from around a rocker that my mom gave me. There's no sentimental value or any kind of attachment to that chair. While I was pregnant my mom found out she had cancer. So at this time my brother and my mom were fighting cancer and my husband's uncle had just passed away. She felt the need to buy me things for the nursery. My mom and dad were bad off financially and when she found this rocker at a thrift store for $20 she had to get it. So it's nothing that has been in our family. I keep the rocker because my mom gave it to me.

I would see shadows around the rocker and the shadows at the top of the stairs would go into the nursery. This freaked me out so I moved it to the guest room so I didn't have a direct line of sight to it when coming up the steps. Even after I moved it I would still occasionally see shadows at the rocker or shadows moving to the rocker. These occurrences definitely felt different from other things happening in the house.

To put my mind at ease I convinced myself that if something bad was there that my mom and my husband's uncle took care of it. I have many times heard my mom tell me good morning as I passed my daughter's room. I usually just say hi back to her. I also had one of my daughter's toys talk to me while washing clothes. It is a Lightning McQueen car that talks. Only with me it repeats two phrases in order (which is not the order is says it in when you play with it). It will say where's Mater and we're friends or something like that. Practically every time I went past the toy it would do it..never does it to anyone else and the batteries are fresh. I usually tell it it I don't know where in the hell Mater went and to stop asking.
View All Quotes

Cobra's wife?  Welcome to the site, and thanks for sharing your story.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:13:14 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

Yep, that's her!
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 5:51:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Yep, that's her!
View All Quotes

Yep, that's her!

You let her into GD?
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 5:56:19 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

Heeby jeebies; activated.

Have you guys considered setting up cameras or voice recorders or anything?

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 5:59:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By pepperbelly:
You let her into GD?
View Quote

This seems to be one of the GD threads that somehow remains untouched from the usual GD shenanigans.  

Things stay pretty civil in this thread for some reason.

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:07:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:

This seems to be one of the GD threads that somehow remains untouched from the usual GD shenanigans.  

View All Quotes
You let her into GD?

This thread is civil, but it's like a rose growing over a septic tank.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes
You let her into GD?

Very accurate description.

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:53:32 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

I've considered it, but i'll be damned if i'd do it.  Ain't no way in hell i'd live here any longer if I saw or heard anything.

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 2:10:34 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes
You let her into GD?

Thats why it's the "creepy" thread.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Last night I was asleep in the family room.  

I woke up to hear a clicking sound.  My first thought was - we have a mouse and he's batting a piece of dog food around.  Then I realize the sound is coming from the wall, just above the couch.  We have this little wall hanging made of wood on a paneled wall.  I grab my flashlight and start to watch the wall hanging.  We live in my wife's (no pics) grandparent's old house, I'm thinking about this thread and I begin to overreact a little.  The clicking is still happening, but the wall hanging isn't moving.  There is a shelf above the hanging with a little basket and a plastic liner.  I look in the basket and there is a bug inside (with a pretty hard shell) and he is bouncing off the sides - Mexican jumping bean style.  

Stupid creepy thread.

Link Posted: 7/28/2013 3:09:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By benny429:

I woke up to hear a clicking sound.  My first thought was - we have a mouse and he's batting a piece of dog food around.  Then I realize the sound is coming from the wall, just above the couch.  We have this little wall hanging made of wood on a paneled wall.  I grab my flashlight and start to watch the wall hanging.  We live in my wife's (no pics) grandparent's old house, I'm thinking about this thread and I begin to overreact a little.  The clicking is still happening, but the wall hanging isn't moving.  There is a shelf above the hanging with a little basket and a plastic liner.  I look in the basket and there is a bug inside (with a pretty hard shell) and he is bouncing off the sides - Mexican jumping bean style.  

Stupid creepy thread.

View Quote

i know how you feel the other night i heard something in my closet, thought of this thread and immediately became scared. got up slowly to check it out...

nope just my pug rummaging around no monster.
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 3:17:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Last night I woke up to the feeling of claws on my shoulder. In a high pitched, scratchy voice I heard "Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name" being said in to my ear. I bolted out of bed expecting to have to fight off the devil. Instead I realized one of the birds figured out how to get out of his cage and was wanting some attention. I should make nuggets out of the little fucker.
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#25]

i know how you feel the other night i heard something in my closet, thought of this thread and immediately became scared. got up slowly to check it out...

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By benny429:

Stupid creepy thread.

Link Posted: 7/28/2013 4:03:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Solliz:
Last night I woke up to the feeling of claws on my shoulder. In a high pitched, scratchy voice I heard "Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name" being said in to my ear. I bolted out of bed expecting to have to fight off the devil. Instead I realized one of the birds figured out how to get out of his cage and was wanting some attention. I should make nuggets out of the little fucker.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2013 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

What kind of bird?
Link Posted: 7/29/2013 12:26:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By bdawg998:

What kind of bird?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bdawg998:

What kind of bird?

Cockatoo, it's my grandmother's. Took it in for her for awhile. My parakeet actually knows more words, and my cockatiel just wolf whistles at women.
Link Posted: 7/29/2013 3:17:52 AM EDT
[#29]
bump for an awesome thread
Link Posted: 7/29/2013 4:36:29 AM EDT
[#30]
I've considered it, but i'll be damned if i'd do it.  Ain't no way in hell i'd live here any longer if I saw or heard anything.

View All Quotes

Take video/audio, and upload it without watching it.  We won't tell you if we hear/see anything.

Link Posted: 7/29/2013 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#31]

But the window was open.

View Quote

Ever watch the movie Cats Eye?

Link Posted: 7/29/2013 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#32]
About twenty years back I was in New Orleans with my sister and a couple of her friends in a shop called Marie Laveau's House of Voodoo, and one of the creepiest thing happen to me that I will never forget.

I was standing there looking at Marie Laveau's shine, and I was standing next to about a three and half foot tall wooden statue of goat man/ devil thing which supposedly had a real human hair as a toupee.

I didn't see it at the time when I was standing next too it, well for some reason I decided to put my right hand on top of the statues head. BIG MISTAKE.

It felt like a freezing electrical shock that travelled up and down my spine about a dozen times in a split second. I jumped back and was staring back and forth between my hand and the statue. My sister was looking at me like WTF, because of me almost jumping out of my skin and most likely the complete look of either shock/ terror on my face.

Lesson learned...Don't touch Goat man statues in a Voodoo Shop.
Link Posted: 7/30/2013 5:05:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By CannonFodder4U:
About twenty years back I was in New Orleans with my sister and a couple of her friends in a shop called Marie Laveau's House of Voodoo, and one of the creepiest thing happen to me that I will never forget.

I was standing there looking at Marie Laveau's shine, and I was standing next to about a three and half foot tall wooden statue of goat man/ devil thing which supposedly had a real human hair as a toupee.

I didn't see it at the time when I was standing next too it, well for some reason I decided to put my right hand on top of the statues head. BIG MISTAKE.

It felt like a freezing electrical shock that travelled up and down my spine about a dozen times in a split second. I jumped back and was staring back and forth between my hand and the statue. My sister was looking at me like WTF, because of me almost jumping out of my skin and most likely the complete look of either shock/ terror on my face.

View Quote

Haha I know the exact statue your talking about.
Link Posted: 7/30/2013 7:30:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: splunkinoob] [#34]
Buddy of mine grew up in an older farm house with the closest neighbor being two miles in any direction.  One evening while I was there we heard knocking at the rear door, it sounded like a hammer hitting the door.  I asked him if he was expecting anyone and he said no.  He said it'll go away in a couple minutes, there's no one there anyways.  After some convincing we went and checked the door, as he mentioned, no one was there.  Apparently this was a common occurrence, he said it happens regularly in addition to random lights turning on and off.  I experienced it several more times over the years.  We chalked it up to the spirit of the old dude that died in the house messing with us, as you don't go knocking on random doors in the country and not expect to be shot.

Most recently, I was researching my grandfathers death while taking a break from dry-walling my grandparents home, remodeling for resale, when I heard the manual timer on the stove behind me set itself and begin ticking.  I was the only one in the house, needless to say I got the fuck out.
Link Posted: 7/30/2013 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By yamatitan:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By yamatitan:
Originally Posted By CannonFodder4U:

Yeah, still gives me goose bumps when I think about...
Link Posted: 8/1/2013 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#36]
It is better for me, and my sleep, when I catch up with this thread during daylight.

I've already read 3 things in the last 5 pages that would make it harder for me to get to sleep if it was dark.
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 2:46:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By splunkinoob:
We chalked it up to the spirit of the old dude that died in the house messing with us, as you don't go knocking on random doors in the country and not expect to be shot.
View Quote

You are aware that there are 2 ways of interpreting the above sentence?

Link Posted: 8/2/2013 3:10:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#38]
I have never seen a ghost but here are some local stories I have heard from neighbors and family.

A neighbor of mine named Joe, a devout catholic was logging his back woods. One early morning before the sun had come up he was walking up the path to where he would be cutting that day. he heard singing. Not just one female voice but several in harmony but their were no words in it.  He couldnt figure out where it was comming from, it sounded to be comming from everywhere. Out of the corner of his eye he saw a light and faced in that direction to see a tall regal blond woman in a white robe walking down a hill side. It looked as if light was comming out of her pores. he said he watched her for several minutes until she was out of sight and the signing faded with her.

back in the early 80s after a neighbor died my grand father and uncle saw a ball of light come out of his house then slowly glide down to the spring from which he drew his water. It seemed to sink into the stream.

As a very young boy I lived in a house that everyone else in my family considers haunted. they would hear people screaming and crying, doors would slam, one of my siblings would complain of hair pulling and pinching, and her covers being pulled off her in the night if she slept in a certain bedroom.. She would wake up my mother and father screaming atleast twice a week. My grandmother and great grandmother both saw and heard stuff, as did my uncle, father, and even the neighbors. Things would be moved if a person left a room.  I do remeber seeing faces in the static that would build up on the TV screen when it was turned off, but I was very young, and it could have been imagination.

My father has often told me a tail of hearing what sounded like a model T pull up into the drive way, A door opening, and gravel crunching as if people were walking in the drive way. these sounds were followed by a woman soothing a screaming young child. If he went to open the door the sounds would cut off as if it was someone playing on a sound system in the yard. he said that was common when he was alone in the house.

there were indian mounds nearby, and the  basement of the house had been used to store dead people back in he 1890s-1930s. I still dont believe in ghosts tho.

Link Posted: 8/8/2013 9:13:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By waterglass:
I have never seen a ghost but here are some local stories I have heard from neighbors and family.

A neighbor of mine named Joe, a devout catholic was logging his back woods. One early morning before the sun had come up he was walking up the path to where he would be cutting that day. he heard singing. Not just one female voice but several in harmony but their were no words in it.  He couldnt figure out where it was comming from, it sounded to be comming from everywhere. Out of the corner of his eye he saw a light and faced in that direction to see a tall regal blond woman in a white robe walking down a hill side. It looked as if light was comming out of her pores. he said he watched her for several minutes until she was out of sight and the signing faded with her.

back in the early 80s after a neighbor died my grand father and uncle saw a ball of light come out of his house then slowly glide down to the spring from which he drew his water. It seemed to sink into the stream.

As a very young boy I lived in a house that everyone else in my family considers haunted. they would hear people screaming and crying, doors would slam, one of my siblings would complain of hair pulling and pinching, and her covers being pulled off her in the night if she slept in a certain bedroom.. She would wake up my mother and father screaming atleast twice a week. My grandmother and great grandmother both saw and heard stuff, as did my uncle, father, and even the neighbors. Things would be moved if a person left a room.  I do remeber seeing faces in the static that would build up on the TV screen when it was turned off, but I was very young, and it could have been imagination.

My father has often told me a tail of hearing what sounded like a model T pull up into the drive way, A door opening, and gravel crunching as if people were walking in the drive way. these sounds were followed by a woman soothing a screaming young child. If he went to open the door the sounds would cut off as if it was someone playing on a sound system in the yard. he said that was common when he was alone in the house.

there were indian mounds nearby, and the  basement of the house had been used to store dead people back in he 1890s-1930s. I still dont believe in ghosts tho.

View Quote

What?  Like with the potatoes in the root cellar or what?
Link Posted: 8/15/2013 5:18:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Had a little weirdness happen the middle of last year over the course of a long weekend.

About 20 of us where doing our monthly survival outing in a fairly remote area...15 mile trail ride in on the truck and then about 3 miles deeper on foot. At that point it was at least 15 miles in any direction with maybe the occasional hunting cabin, most in the process of being reclaimed by nature. 3 day pack, combat load, build your own shelter if you want one kinda deal.

First incident was late afternoon. We started with a refresher on Land Nav, sending guys out one at a time in 10 minute intervals. End point was our camp for the night. As the guys came in and started to set up, a couple of the others noticed the guy who took off 3rd in line wasn't at camp and had not been seen by anyone. He helped pick the camp sIte and knew the area very well, so it was odd that he would get lost. We tried to raise him on com for 45 mins with no luck before a few guys went out to look for him. Eventually we had all but 2 people out looking for him. Total time had been 5 hours missing and we were getting a little worried. He ended up leading us to him when he slow fired 2 rounds from his handgun into the ground. We found him smiling, reclined in some shade waiting for us to find him, proclaiming how he was never going to live this down. He claimed his compass kept jumping around and eventually he decided to look for the source of the issue. He came into a clearing and the compass started jumping around in random directions. He made his way back towards where he thought camp was but became disoriented, and always ended up making a large circle right back to the clearing. Without his radio working he tried his phone but could get no GPS or data signal. After ending back in the same spot for the third time, and not knowing what else to do, he fired off a couple rounds to lead us to him. We could duplicate the compass issues on the cheaper ones quite easily and even the cammenga would drift around a bit. The radios and cells where working once we got there. He had no idea what caused him to get disoriented. We joked about the metal plate in his head. Turns out he was wandering in a counterclockwise circle... and the plate was on his left side of his head... The next morning compasses acted normal when we went back to the area.

Second incident was late the first night. Really nice weather and I was laying back, contemplating the meaning of life (boobs and red meat), when one of the guys next to me nudges me and says "Please tell me you see that shit too" I look at him quizzically and he points up at the sky. After scanning for a bit I saw 3 lights in a triangular pattern with a larger light in the middle that seemed to phase between dim and almost off. I have no idea how big, how high, or how fast it was going because I had nothing but the stars and sky as a backdrop for reference. It was too far away for NV to bring in any additional detail than it's triangular shape. It just traveled at a steady pace until we lost sight of it. 4 people saw it. Nothing special other than we didn't know what it was.

3rd incident was early morning of the second day around at 0400. The last guard rotation had just taken their posts. We get very little traffic, but we have had some run-ins with drunken poachers\hunters wandering too close, so guard shifts are required now. Standard practice is to stay hidden and bark a simple Halt and ID command. Scares the shit out of them when they think they're alone out there. It's also pretty funny when the newbies start barking orders to the armadillos. Anyway, one of the guys had been hearing foot steps in the brush on the other side of a heavily used game trail for a few minutes. Eventually it exited the brush and began to travel down the trail toward him. He was prone with his rifle ready in case the animal was breakfast on legs. Instead he saw the silhouette of a man in the moonlight sauntering down the trail. He ordered him to halt and the guy immediately dipped off the trail into the brush, and then peeked back down the trail from behind a palmetto. When our guy asked for ID, the dude bolted through the brush "much faster and quieter than I think a man could run through there." He was pretty sure it was too light footed to be a bear, but seemed a little off to be a man to him.

4th incident was the late the second night. Most the guys were gathered around the fire cooking up some boar we had taken earlier. Myself and a buddy were trying out an IR camera mod on my AR Drone (results were meh) and we started hearing this really weird bird/bat screeching near camp. We've been out there for 4 years so I can say with a good deal of certainly that it was not indigenous to the area. We hustled back over to find out wtf it was and everyone else was already doing the same. The guys with NV were out for blood since one of the guys trying to sleep had offered a $50 reward to whoever shut the critter up first. We could all hear it, and as soon as It seemed like we were getting closer and could very it was above us, the thing shut up. Just dead silence. After maybe a minute, whatever the hell that thing was buzzed us and the length of the camp while emitting a low frequency very fast pulse (whompwhompwhompwhomp...) coupled with a clicking sound. Whatever it was, it sounded straight up mechanical. No question about it. I knew the others shared my thought when one of the guys quipped "GET TO THE CHOPPAH!" and most people responded with a rather uncomfortable laugh.

And that was it. We had been there monthly for a few years prior and a little over a year after with nothing else weird ever happening except for that weekend.
Link Posted: 8/15/2013 9:16:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Th0r:
Had a little weirdness happen the middle of last year over the course of a long weekend.

About 20 of us where doing our monthly survival outing in a fairly remote area...15 mile trail ride in on the truck and then about 3 miles deeper on foot. At that point it was at least 15 miles in any direction with maybe the occasional hunting cabin, most in the process of being reclaimed by nature. 3 day pack, combat load, build your own shelter if you want one kinda deal.

First incident was late afternoon. We started with a refresher on Land Nav, sending guys out one at a time in 10 minute intervals. End point was our camp for the night. As the guys came in and started to set up, a couple of the others noticed the guy who took off 3rd in line wasn't at camp and had not been seen by anyone. He helped pick the camp sIte and knew the area very well, so it was odd that he would get lost. We tried to raise him on com for 45 mins with no luck before a few guys went out to look for him. Eventually we had all but 2 people out looking for him. Total time had been 5 hours missing and we were getting a little worried. He ended up leading us to him when he slow fired 2 rounds from his handgun into the ground. We found him smiling, reclined in some shade waiting for us to find him, proclaiming how he was never going to live this down. He claimed his compass kept jumping around and eventually he decided to look for the source of the issue. He came into a clearing and the compass started jumping around in random directions. He made his way back towards where he thought camp was but became disoriented, and always ended up making a large circle right back to the clearing. Without his radio working he tried his phone but could get no GPS or data signal. After ending back in the same spot for the third time, and not knowing what else to do, he fired off a couple rounds to lead us to him. We could duplicate the compass issues on the cheaper ones quite easily and even the cammenga would drift around a bit. The radios and cells where working once we got there. He had no idea what caused him to get disoriented. We joked about the metal plate in his head. Turns out he was wandering in a counterclockwise circle... and the plate was on his left side of his head... The next morning compasses acted normal when we went back to the area.

Second incident was late the first night. Really nice weather and I was laying back, contemplating the meaning of life (boobs and red meat), when one of the guys next to me nudges me and says "Please tell me you see that shit too" I look at him quizzically and he points up at the sky. After scanning for a bit I saw 3 lights in a triangular pattern with a larger light in the middle that seemed to phase between dim and almost off. I have no idea how big, how high, or how fast it was going because I had nothing but the stars and sky as a backdrop for reference. It was too far away for NV to bring in any additional detail than it's triangular shape. It just traveled at a steady pace until we lost sight of it. 4 people saw it. Nothing special other than we didn't know what it was.

3rd incident was early morning of the second day around at 0400. The last guard rotation had just taken their posts. We get very little traffic, but we have had some run-ins with drunken poachers\hunters wandering too close, so guard shifts are required now. Standard practice is to stay hidden and bark a simple Halt and ID command. Scares the shit out of them when they think they're alone out there. It's also pretty funny when the newbies start barking orders to the armadillos. Anyway, one of the guys had been hearing foot steps in the brush on the other side of a heavily used game trail for a few minutes. Eventually it exited the brush and began to travel down the trail toward him. He was prone with his rifle ready in case the animal was breakfast on legs. Instead he saw the silhouette of a man in the moonlight sauntering down the trail. He ordered him to halt and the guy immediately dipped off the trail into the brush, and then peeked back down the trail from behind a palmetto. When our guy asked for ID, the dude bolted through the brush "much faster and quieter than I think a man could run through there." He was pretty sure it was too light footed to be a bear, but seemed a little off to be a man to him.

4th incident was the late the second night. Most the guys were gathered around the fire cooking up some boar we had taken earlier. Myself and a buddy were trying out an IR camera mod on my AR Drone (results were meh) and we started hearing this really weird bird/bat screeching near camp. We've been out there for 4 years so I can say with a good deal of certainly that it was not indigenous to the area. We hustled back over to find out wtf it was and everyone else was already doing the same. The guys with NV were out for blood since one of the guys trying to sleep had offered a $50 reward to whoever shut the critter up first. We could all hear it, and as soon as It seemed like we were getting closer and could very it was above us, the thing shut up. Just dead silence. After maybe a minute, whatever the hell that thing was buzzed us and the length of the camp while emitting a low frequency very fast pulse (whompwhompwhompwhomp...) coupled with a clicking sound. Whatever it was, it sounded straight up mechanical. No question about it. I knew the others shared my thought when one of the guys quipped "GET TO THE CHOPPAH!" and most people responded with a rather uncomfortable laugh.

And that was it. We had been there monthly for a few years prior and a little over a year after with nothing else weird ever happening except for that weekend.
View Quote

Thanks for giving an awesome thread a much-needed bump!
Link Posted: 8/15/2013 9:20:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#42]
Originally Posted By timthemedic:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By timthemedic:
Originally Posted By waterglass:

yeah, When they died in the nearby hostpital, they would be put there for the mortician if the morge was full. Lots of folks laid there during the time of the flu and TB. They acually put deathly sick people in the house to keep them quaranteened.
Link Posted: 8/15/2013 9:29:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Th0r:

View Quote

I'm not saying it was aliens, but it was aliens
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 8:26:32 PM EDT
[#44]
I was painting my grandfathers home about a month ago and my uncle was home
He works mostly out of state traveling a lot and lives with my grandfather when he is home for short periods of time.
The house was recently inherited by my grandfather from his cousin who had passed away in the house
while sitting in his chair in the living room. He was not found for over a week and had slumped onto the floor
I was among those recruited to rip up the carpet containing the body impression and bodily fluids
Anyways, I also learned that his mother has also died in the bathroom of the same house in a chemical accident while cleaning
which resulted in a severe asthma attack and his father had also passed of old age in his bedroom in the home.
My uncle has done most of the remodeling when hes home and said when they had first began to remodel the house
strange things were happening. He said he would come in and all the cabinets would be open and things kept going missing
and some would turn back up in an odd location of the house. Strange noises, ect ect.
He only mentioned it as kinda off the cuff as I was working and I didn't have the time or energy to question further.
I have been in the house quite a few times and have not felt or noticed anything but the next time im there ill question him further and report back.

Bump for a good thread and new stories.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 11:09:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By dan1802:
He works mostly out of state traveling a lot and lives with my grandfather when he is home for short periods of time.
The house was recently inherited by my grandfather from his cousin who had passed away in the house
while sitting in his chair in the living room. He was not found for over a week and had slumped onto the floor
I was among those recruited to rip up the carpet containing the body impression and bodily fluids
Anyways, I also learned that his mother has also died in the bathroom of the same house in a chemical accident while cleaning
which resulted in a severe asthma attack and his father had also passed of old age in his bedroom in the home.
My uncle has done most of the remodeling when hes home and said when they had first began to remodel the house
strange things were happening. He said he would come in and all the cabinets would be open and things kept going missing
and some would turn back up in an odd location of the house. Strange noises, ect ect.
He only mentioned it as kinda off the cuff as I was working and I didn't have the time or energy to question further.
I have been in the house quite a few times and have not felt or noticed anything but the next time im there ill question him further and report back.

View Quote

So, 3 people have died in that house? F that....
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 9:05:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By civic96hb:

View All Quotes

Yup,. The only member of the family that did not pass there was my grandfathers other cousin (brother of the cousin that left him the house)
Who passed away in another state. I had never met them and they were not very close to our side of the family.
My grandfather only received the house because he was the closest living relative.it had been years since they had spoken even though they only lived
About 15 miles from one another. No bad blood involved..just not very close I guess.
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 5:44:37 AM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

It seems everyone who goes in that house dies. I agree. Fuck that.
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 10:04:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 6:15:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Does anyone remember a story posted about someone staying at one of their relatives house's with his brother and I think sister. The brother would go riding and one day came back around sundown gunning it towards the house then yelled at them to get inside the house as something was chasing him.

I've scoured the two threads and can't find it anywhere.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 6:23:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By The_Evil_One:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By The_Evil_One:

the deaths were spread out along many years. its just an old house thats been in the family for long enough to collect some deaths.
I was there today but my uncle was not there.
Page / 152
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top