Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 8:28:15 AM EDT
[#1]
"Other duties as assigned" for the employees who are reporting to the office. Clean up after yourselves and treat your work area with respect or you've fired yourself.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 8:31:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Choices have consequences. Should of been thankful they had a job.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 8:32:02 AM EDT
[#3]
If the union or those 48 families cared about having a job right at Christmas time, it probably wasn't a smart idea to go on strike at Christmas time.  They rolled the dice and lost.

I'd have some sympathy for someone laid off right before Christmas, but not for someone that chose not to work and got fired.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 8:32:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Time to move Twitter to Texas like he did Tesla.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/7/2022 8:36:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Fuck unions
View Quote

Especially the SEIU
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 8:40:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah you forget when you don't spend much time in "mask zones" that there are still people wearing them all the time, and wearing them wrong, wearing odd useless ones. Here in God's toaster oven it's usually old folks, sometimes Hispanic construction guys

Travelling I saw some black folks wearing masks. Some hadblack masks, which I had never seen before.
View Quote

I was in Cedar City and saw some folks wearing black BLM masks.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 8:43:56 AM EDT
[#7]

"just before Christmas".

Can you imagine the Monday morning conference call between Obama & his ilk "Ya, we want you to stop cleaning the building so we can make Musk look bad. We have coordinated with the SEIU & have the media narrative already written"
Commie Contractor "Ok. We'll show Musk who's boss"

Que liberal tears...

Failing to fulfill a contract for cleaning services THEN hiring a rent mob to protest is a bad look.

Link Posted: 12/7/2022 8:45:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Now hire a bunch of Mexicans and thank Biden for all the cheap labor.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/7/2022 8:50:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Noice! FAFO
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 8:58:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Seems as though they F'ed around, and they found out.
View Quote

This. So tired of the inflatable rat thing too
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This. So tired of the inflatable rat thing too
View Quote
Betcha it was made in China.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 9:08:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

"Critics of Musk are outraged that he would fire the workers just weeks before Christmas."

I would be mad also, but not at Musk, I would be mad at the union for the strike just before Christmas.
View Quote

Critics hate everything. That's why they're critics.

And good. The union will support them, right?
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 9:25:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Fuck unions
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/7/2022 9:25:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Are they contractors or employees?

Contractors who break an agreement to work can have their contract terminated on the spot.

There is likely payment clearings and such that can take 30-90 days, but, I didn't see where the janitorial services were twitter employees.

Since 80% of the staff at twitter is now gone, I'm sure there is less to clean up after.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 9:27:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've been picketed on several jobs. It's hilarious to watch these guys get $25 a day to freeze their asses off in the winter, as I walked right by, to do my job, and make a full time wage.
View Quote

$25 a day is decent money for Mexico.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 9:31:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Is that picture from today?  Why are those retards still wearing masks?
View Quote

Stinks
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 9:32:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I would be mad also, but not at Musk, I would be mad at the union for the strike just before Christmas.
View Quote

This. I'd bet the union knew what was likely to happen. They did it anyway and fucked their own people over.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 9:32:44 AM EDT
[#18]
LOL

They played a game of chicken and lost.  Now they are whining because it is almost Christmas.  Good thing their union handlers were looking out for them.  

Play stupid game win stupid prizes.

Link Posted: 12/7/2022 9:34:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 9:35:26 AM EDT
[#20]
I like Elon more every day.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 9:36:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Fuck unions
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/7/2022 9:47:56 AM EDT
[#22]
I predict that entire building will be vacant by the Spring.
Elon is going to move the HQ to Texas.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Choices have consequences. Should of been thankful they had a job.
View Quote

damn right.  If I decided to strike at my work I'd be on the street so fast my head would spin.  Three people I work with were unceremoniously laid of yesterday and each of them was a hard-working employee that had all been here like 10 years or more.  Life is hard, these folks should have showed up to work instead of striking to somehow fight for job security lol.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 9:51:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Their contract was up on 12/09
I read there was already a new non-union company contracted, they may have already started.

Twitter is going to get sued due to bullshit San Francisco union law regarding how union contracts can be terminated.

San Francisco city officials have already started investigating that sleeping quarters were set up for the Twitter staff. "If overnight stays and sleeping quarters are/is occurring that would be against city code."
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 9:54:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 9:57:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Amazon has Roombas on sale, Musk can buy a dozen and throw Bezos a bone.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 10:00:19 AM EDT
[#29]
I guess their planned "PR" strike to make Elon look bad backfired on them. Those janitors can thank their union leadership for losing their jobs.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 10:05:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Seems like it's bad business for a contractor to have their employees picketing a customer's building.
View Quote

This.  That’s a really odd dynamic.  Not entirely sure why anyone would even attempt that.

It is CA though, so who knows.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Their contract was up on 12/09
I read there was already a new non-union company contracted, they may have already started.

Twitter is going to get sued due to bullshit San Francisco union law regarding how union contracts can be terminated.

San Francisco city officials have already started investigating that sleeping quarters were set up for the Twitter staff. "If overnight stays and sleeping quarters are/is occurring that would be against city code."
View Quote

So the union already knew the people were not going to be working there more than a few more days, and decided to trade their last few days of work for some political points?
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 10:23:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yeah sure, like they can actually say they “lost their jobs” when they work for an outside contractor.  Their employer most likely can have them all lined up to work for other clients in a jiffy but instead they’re lined up outside of headquarters trying to raise their ESG score.  Stupid fucks.
View Quote

If they were working for an "outside contractor" they were not working for Twitter directly... protesting at/against Twitter was stupid of them. If they weren't getting paid well, that is between them and the company they actually work for. You can bet money that Twitter was paying that company a lot more than what the workers were being paid! Their beef is with the wrong entity... and it cost them their jobs.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 10:24:43 AM EDT
[#33]
They fucked around and found out, I bet 75% of them are illegal too.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 10:28:46 AM EDT
[#34]
I think I need to sign up for a Twitter account

Link Posted: 12/7/2022 10:30:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Is that picture from today?  Why are those retards still wearing masks?
View Quote

You answered your own question.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 10:37:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It goes both ways. Why would you strike before Christmas?
View Quote

This, dumb idea all around
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 10:42:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Good!  Fuck them and their union.  

The union still does not get it that companies write paychecks and they are based on profit and expense accounting.  

Unions don't write the check so their demands are just that, demands and in this case Musk said we don't need your services.  Bye.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 10:49:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 10:56:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Fuck unions
View Quote

THIS!!!!

Survival of the weakest is all they're for.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 10:58:52 AM EDT
[#40]
And how much you wanna bet these assholes still have to pay union dues while their reps still have paying jobs.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:07:58 AM EDT
[#41]
That was a God send for Musk.  He won't find a cheaper and easier way to illustrate to the world that he isn't fucking around.  Plus, he has one less union to deal with.  It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't just move the whole damn operation out of CA the next time someone complains about something.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:11:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Unions are, by design, made to help losers, derelicts, and degenerates. Bust 'em all.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:13:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Good

SEIU is a commie creation of Obamas NLRB appointee.

View Quote
SEIU has been around for years.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:16:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Seiu does not give 2 fucks about its workers.

They endorsed and financially supported politicians who cut their members retirements in oregon.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:17:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Fuck unions
View Quote

Funny how quickly the ignorant show up to yell their nonsense.

Go to China, or India, or Vietnam, etc, to e see what the working conditions are without unions.

Go actually read history and see what it was like in the US before unions.

You blame guns for “gun crime”, right?  So it’s the unions fault corrupt people ruin some of them?  Not a perfect analogy, but it works.

Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:20:17 AM EDT
[#46]
When you are the most unskilled of all labors you don't really have a leg to stand on.  Don’t like the conditions of employment? Maybe apply a cunt hair more effort and get a better job.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Who gives a fuck if it's close to Christmas

Those godless heathens ain't celebrating shit anyways so go get your shinebox or fuck off

Merry Christmas
View Quote

It’s a Pagan holiday that shouldn’t be Celebrated anyway. And not too many people would if they knew it originally included placing live infants on a red hot statue and burning them to death.

And F the Roman Catholic Church for trying to say it’s ok because “Jesus (not even his real name), conquered it and made it holy”. Yeah….because the Old Testament is full….full of instances of Yahweh being cool and letting his people engage in the practices of other religions.

Want to celebrate Easter?  Yay!, let’s go paint eggs with infant blood!

Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:23:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Yeah sure, like they can actually say they “lost their jobs” when they work for an outside contractor.  Their employer most likely can have them all lined up to work for other clients in a jiffy but instead they’re lined up outside of headquarters trying to raise their ESG score.  Stupid fucks.
View Quote

This.   They’re dumb bastards striking on a customer when they work for a contracted vendor.

Want to F around for politics, find mac and cheese for christmas dinner.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:25:07 AM EDT
[#49]
I guess they should have protested after Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 11:27:04 AM EDT
[#50]
The Janitor's beef is with their employer, not Twitter.   Twitter didn't want or need the publicity and did the needful.  The contractor in turn laid the striking workers off.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top